Survivor 2013

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor 2013 - Page 5 Empty Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 5:40 pm

whit22 wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:Ok...I just went back and watched the finale preview again to refresh my memory. It DOES say someone actually leaves for a medical emergency and knocks it down to 4. and it only shows the guys....no girls. So unless they did THAT part to throw people off it looks like it is one of the girls that go home.

It is probably Dawn having a huge breakdown again Survivor 2013 - Page 5 2538036733 LOL. Boy would not that be the best thing that could happen then get rid of Cochran. I would love for Eric to win and Eddie to come in second that would be the best payback for Brenda.

Whit, that emoticon is hysterical and fits Dawn to a "T." Thanks for the laugh! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri May 10, 2013 7:33 pm

ATN wrote:
whit22 wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:Ok...I just went back and watched the finale preview again to refresh my memory. It DOES say someone actually leaves for a medical emergency and knocks it down to 4. and it only shows the guys....no girls. So unless they did THAT part to throw people off it looks like it is one of the girls that go home.

It is probably Dawn having a huge breakdown again Survivor 2013 - Page 5 2538036733 LOL. Boy would not that be the best thing that could happen then get rid of Cochran. I would love for Eric to win and Eddie to come in second that would be the best payback for Brenda.

Whit, that emoticon is hysterical and fits Dawn to a "T." Thanks for the laugh! Survivor 2013 - Page 5 364074947

I know...I was laughing when I saw that emoticon too. It is so fitting for Dawn. I hope it IS Dawn that goes home. That would really stir things up. If it's Sherri and Erik would happen to win immunity they would just vote Eddie off and hope that Erik didn't win immunity for the next challenge. Come on Erik....you have to win this thing!!!!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat May 11, 2013 8:23 am

I'll have to concede to you guys that if Erik doesn't win, I'd rather see Eddie take the prize than any of the other three.

I just worry that if Cochran is in the final two (though I don't know who'd take him along except Dawn), the jury may find he was the most strategic player and give him the win.

Eddie would have four auto-votes. And if the jury is allowed to talk between each other, they'd all know what Dawn did to Brenda.

I kinda hope it's Dawn going home. Sherri's no threat vote-wise. Does anyone recall how many of the favs are on the jury? We have Phillip and Brenda. Anyone else? At the end, it may end up really being fans vs. favs, vote-wise - except for Malcolm.

Last challenge: If Erik wins, who do you think he'll take to final two? If Eddie wins, who? These two are disconnected from the others, so I wonder who they'd choose. Erik must realize he wasn't let in on the master plan last week because he voted for Eddie. He was placed by the three, on a level with Sherri, who also voted Eddie.

SO, I would conclude the next to go would be Eddie - as a threat(unless he wins the first challenge.) I think Erik would be wise to take Sherri to the finale. Same for Eddie. She's done nothing but shmooze since the Marine left, certainly nothing to garner any votes even from her own tribe.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 am

singly wrote:
oes anyone recall how many of the favs are on the jury?.

Singly, Andrea is on the jury too.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat May 11, 2013 8:51 am

Good morning, Vic. How in the world did I forget Andrea?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat May 11, 2013 10:20 am

singlyme wrote:I'll have to concede to you guys that if Erik doesn't win, I'd rather see Eddie take the prize than any of the other three.

I just worry that if Cochran is in the final two (though I don't know who'd take him along except Dawn), the jury may find he was the most strategic player and give him the win.

Eddie would have four auto-votes. And if the jury is allowed to talk between each other, they'd all know what Dawn did to Brenda.

I kinda hope it's Dawn going home. Sherri's no threat vote-wise. Does anyone recall how many of the favs are on the jury? We have Phillip and Brenda. Anyone else? At the end, it may end up really being fans vs. favs, vote-wise - except for Malcolm.

Last challenge: If Erik wins, who do you think he'll take to final two? If Eddie wins, who? These two are disconnected from the others, so I wonder who they'd choose. Erik must realize he wasn't let in on the master plan last week because he voted for Eddie. He was placed by the three, on a level with Sherri, who also voted Eddie.

SO, I would conclude the next to go would be Eddie - as a threat(unless he wins the first challenge.) I think Erik would be wise to take Sherri to the finale. Same for Eddie. She's done nothing but shmooze since the Marine left, certainly nothing to garner any votes even from her own tribe.

I agree with you, singly. If it's not Erik that wins I would rather it be Eddie...even though he was not the best player out of the three amigo's.

At Ponderosa, even though camera's are there I'm sure they get their opportunities to talk about what's going on. If it isn't Dawn that goes home with the medical emergency I hope the talk from Brenda to the other jury members does her in anyway.

Something tells me that it may not come down to fans vs. fav's in the final vote. I went back yesterday and watched the ponderosa clips. Last week when Andrea was sent packing it was pretty telling. Even though Phillip and Andrea are both fav's they showed him saying in a private interview that he was happy to see that it was Andrea that got voted off that week. And they showed them all sitting around the table eating and Andrea made a comment that she'd like to see Eddie standing in the end. So I think the fav's are turning on each other and not only at tribal counsel. It will be interesting to see what happens. I just hope like you said, singly that Cochran doesn't make it to the final two and they give it to him based on his evil strategic game. I just don't like seeing awful people win. There is a way to win without being totally conniving.

As to who Erik or Eddie would take to the final two with them? Hmmm...I'd like to think it would come down to the two of them but if they don't do that I think they would take Sherri because she seems to be easily swayed because she just rides peoples coattails and they know she has no chance of winning.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Dawn was feeling the hate so much that she had to take down her twitter account. Nobody said reality t.v. was easy... :crying:

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat May 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Survivor 2013 - Page 5 2245567708 LOL!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun May 12, 2013 7:47 am

ATN wrote:Dawn was feeling the hate so much that she had to take down her twitter account. Nobody said reality t.v. was easy... Survivor 2013 - Page 5 2921603469

A perfect example of my "Soap Box Alley" tirade. I wouldn't be surprised if some threats were included. Though she certainly couldn't win a "friendship" award, this hate business is completely out of hand.

They're showing a clip of Cochran saying he'll do whatever to win. Yuck! I frown every time I see him.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun May 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Well crumb I didn't want Erik to be hauled out on a stretcher! Was not pleased with the final three but it was what it was. I watched on the live feed so I don't want to say too much now because it has just starting airing on the west coast. Sad
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 13, 2013 7:42 am

Between Survivor and Revenge finales, a disappointing night all around. A let down on both fronts.

Question: How long ago was this filmed? Was Brenda pregnant through it all? Jeff said she was ready to deliver any day now. I hope the starvation element didn't deprive a growing baby. Scary thought.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon May 13, 2013 8:08 am

SPOILER....IF YOU RECORDED IT AND DIDN'T WATCH THE FINALE YET...

Oh well, it is what it is. They got us again on the editing. Didn't think it would be Erik (whom I wanted to win out of the final 5) to get taken out of the game. I knew at that point that that Eddie was doomed as well. As much as Eddie tried to convince Cochran that he would be the lesser threat between him and Dawn I knew Cochran was not stupid. Eddie would have had a chance on beating him based on the fact that he was a goner week after week and he was still there in the end and he would have had votes from the jury.

As to the question and answer period...I knew that was going to be interesting. Sherri actually thought she had a chance of winning which I thought was humorous. Then she was basicly ignored by everyone except maybe two and at that point she knew, I'm sure. I like that Erik tried to get her to realize that she didn't stand a chance because she didn't really play the game but ride people coattails which she refused to acknowledge. She obviously didn't like that due to her reaction to him. I wanted to slap her for being so out and out rude to him...bitch...lol.

I knew out of the final three standing that it would be Cochran and it became already clear during the question period. As much as he bugged me for certain things he did, out the the final three I would have rather it went to him. Oh well, he had to pay for Harvard somehow and I didn't realize that Sherri already had money so she doesn't need more. I liked the fact that almost everyone started pointing out to Dawn that her constant crying was not garnering sympathy from anyone but it was annoying the heck out of everyone. I also like that it was brought up what she did to Brenda as a reason not to vote for her. Wasn't sure where Brenda was going with needing Dawn to take out her teeth until after she did it and Brenda said she wanted her to feel like she did.

All in all it was a great finale and I was happy that Malcolm took the viewer favorite prize. Maybe he'll take some acting lessons LOL. I didn't think there was a second place prize anymore so I was glad no money went to Dawn or Sherri. Seems they are cutting their budget...no second prize money and the other cast members weren't on stage so they didn't have to fly them in. Congrats to Brenda who looked like she was ready to pop any minute.

Survivor 2013 - Page 5 1845352943
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon May 13, 2013 8:13 am

singlyme wrote:Between Survivor and Revenge finales, a disappointing night all around. A let down on both fronts.

Question: How long ago was this filmed? Was Brenda pregnant through it all? Jeff said she was ready to deliver any day now. I hope the starvation element didn't deprive a growing baby. Scary thought.

That was my first thought that she had been pregnant during filming but then I remembered that I read somewhere that it was filmed quite some time ago. It seems they don't crank the shows out very fast, unlike the Bach series.

Didn't realize it was the Revenge finale last night. I'll have to go back and watch it on On Demand. It has been becoming very odd lately so I'm glad I watched the Survivor finale instead.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 13, 2013 8:20 am

Were you as surprised as I at all the flak Dawn got over her meltdowns? However, I was glad Eddie said what he did about her betrayal of Brenda. I think that betrayal generated a lot of Dawn-hate. I know "hate" is a strong word, but this is how the country has been trained to think.

Really disappointed with the final three and the winner.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon May 13, 2013 9:14 am

singlyme wrote:Between Survivor and Revenge finales, a disappointing night all around. A let down on both fronts.

I was thinking the same thing. Usually it is six months from the time Jeff exits the final tribal with the votes and the time that he walks in for the live finale. That would mean that Brenda was three months pregnant at that time. She would have been pregnant thr whole time that she was competing. We didn't hear anything about her being ill nor see anything (morning sicklness in frist trimester), and she might not have thought anything of a missed period since he was seriously "roughing it". Somehow though, the timing is off. If she is about to give birth, and they were there for only 39 days, and the live finale is the usual six months later, then she would have had to have gotten pregnant while out there (which isn't what happened). So something is off. The only thing that can be altered here is that there was 7+ months between the final tribal and the finale. Geesh, so much figuring...

PS I did NOT see Revenge finale as I watched just Survivor. Revenge is on DVR but tonight is DWTS so may wait on Revenge. I will NOT look at the Revenge thread as I don't want it to be spoiled.

Have a great day.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 am

victorian3 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Usually it is six months from the time Jeff exits the final tribal with the votes and the time that he walks in for the live finale. That would mean that Brenda was three months pregnant at that time. She would have been pregnant thr whole time that she was competing. We didn't hear anything about her being ill nor see anything (morning sicklness in frist trimester), and she might not have thought anything of a missed period since he was seriously "roughing it". Somehow though, the timing is off. If she is about to give birth, and they were there for only 39 days, and the live finale is the usual six months later, then she would have had to have gotten pregnant while out there (which isn't what happened). So something is off. The only thing that can be altered here is that there was 7+ months between the final tribal and the finale. Geesh, so much figuring...

PS I did NOT see Revenge finale as I watched just Survivor. Revenge is on DVR but tonight is DWTS so may wait on Revenge. I will NOT look at the Revenge thread as I don't want it to be spoiled.

Have a great day.

We looked it up last night. It was filmed in May/June of 2012. That is a long time to keep a secret!

My niece said they are tested before fiming, and giving the women pregnancy tests is a very good idea because if they were to miscarry due to the nature of the show, that would be horrific.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Mon May 13, 2013 9:38 am

rkc1960 wrote:SPOILER....IF YOU RECORDED IT AND DIDN'T WATCH THE FINALE YET...

Oh well, it is what it is. They got us again on the editing. Didn't think it would be Erik (whom I wanted to win out of the final 5) to get taken out of the game. I knew at that point that that Eddie was doomed as well. As much as Eddie tried to convince Cochran that he would be the lesser threat between him and Dawn I knew Cochran was not stupid. Eddie would have had a chance on beating him based on the fact that he was a goner week after week and he was still there in the end and he would have had votes from the jury.

As to the question and answer period...I knew that was going to be interesting. Sherri actually thought she had a chance of winning which I thought was humorous. Then she was basicly ignored by everyone except maybe two and at that point she knew, I'm sure. I like that Erik tried to get her to realize that she didn't stand a chance because she didn't really play the game but ride people coattails which she refused to acknowledge. She obviously didn't like that due to her reaction to him. I wanted to slap her for being so out and out rude to him...bitch...lol.

I knew out of the final three standing that it would be Cochran and it became already clear during the question period. As much as he bugged me for certain things he did, out the the final three I would have rather it went to him. Oh well, he had to pay for Harvard somehow and I didn't realize that Sherri already had money so she doesn't need more. I liked the fact that almost everyone started pointing out to Dawn that her constant crying was not garnering sympathy from anyone but it was annoying the heck out of everyone. I also like that it was brought up what she did to Brenda as a reason not to vote for her. Wasn't sure where Brenda was going with needing Dawn to take out her teeth until after she did it and Brenda said she wanted her to feel like she did.

All in all it was a great finale and I was happy that Malcolm took the viewer favorite prize. Maybe he'll take some acting lessons LOL. I didn't think there was a second place prize anymore so I was glad no money went to Dawn or Sherri. Seems they are cutting their budget...no second prize money and the other cast members weren't on stage so they didn't have to fly them in. Congrats to Brenda who looked like she was ready to pop any minute.

The other contestants were there, they were in the front row of the audience. They also flew in Boston Rob and Rudy, filmed Richard Hatch and had Brenda available by satellite. I don't think it was a matter of budget cuts. Probably more likely, they didn't want folks to strategize for second place.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon May 13, 2013 9:55 am

Ughwhatname wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:SPOILER....IF YOU RECORDED IT AND DIDN'T WATCH THE FINALE YET...

The other contestants were there, they were in the front row of the audience. They also flew in Boston Rob and Rudy, filmed Richard Hatch and had Brenda available by satellite. I don't think it was a matter of budget cuts. Probably more likely, they didn't want folks to strategize for second place.

I saw some of them in the crowd but that doesn't necessarily mean that the show flew them in. I'm just saying that they are normally on stage with the rest of the group and they weren't this time.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon May 13, 2013 10:11 am

singlyme wrote:Were you as surprised as I at all the flak Dawn got over her meltdowns? However, I was glad Eddie said what he did about her betrayal of Brenda. I think that betrayal generated a lot of Dawn-hate. I know "hate" is a strong word, but this is how the country has been trained to think.

Really disappointed with the final three and the winner.

It really didn't surprise me that Dawn was catching flak over her meltdowns because I was just a viewer and it was bugging me. I can't imagine being on this island with her and you're hungry, dealing with the elements, the backstabbing so you're already on edge and you got this woman that is always whining and crying. And we only saw the times that they decided to show us. It could have happened way more than what we saw. I think most people thought Dawn was basicly an ok person besides the crying until she did what she did to Brenda. I believe Erik brought it up as well if memory serves. Since she was part of the key alliance and they swore their loyalty to each other in getting rid of the fans first and she was one of the few that starting turning on each other before the fans were gone I think that made others not look at her too kindly either. Cochran did the same thing but they had to choose someone and it certainly wasn't going to be Sherri.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 13, 2013 10:14 am

They filled the last hour pretty well with what they had. I imagined an interview with Brandon and I'm glad they opted out of that.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon May 13, 2013 11:22 am

Ughwhatname wrote:
victorian3 wrote:

Have a great day.

We looked it up last night. It was filmed in May/June of 2012. That is a long time to keep a secret!

My niece said they are tested before fiming, and giving the women pregnancy tests is a very good idea because if they were to miscarry due to the nature of the show, that would be horrific.

Thanks Ugh for the timing of filming, it sure clears up how she was so thin and could compete so well as she would not have been pregnant at the time of the filming.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 5:35 pm

In my opinion it was the worst final three in Survivor History but out of all of them the only one that deserved to win was Cochran. Glad that Malcom won the Fan Favorite and to see the glow in Brenda's face was so sweet. I do wonder since Dawn and Sherri received no votes which was the right thing to happen if they split the second place money or does no one get it.

FYI Just found out that Dawn and Sherri will split the second place winner money ....What a shame since neither deserved it.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks for the info onthte timing of the show and what was going to happen with the second place prize money.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 10:31 pm

victorian3 wrote:Thanks for the info onthte timing of the show and what was going to happen with the second place prize money.

Also read that the jury members were the only ones allowed on stage the rest of the tribe mates were in the audience expcet for Brandon. Brandon and Russell were tweeting that they were going to go after Phillip especially more Russell than Brandon so Brandon was not invited Survivor 2013 - Page 5 824643984. Thank Goodness never want to see the mental case again.

Each of the woman will receive around 98k.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon May 13, 2013 10:43 pm

whit22 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:Thanks for the info onthte timing of the show and what was going to happen with the second place prize money.

Also read that the jury members were the only ones allowed on stage the rest of the tribe mates were in the audience expcet for Brandon. Brandon and Russell were tweeting that they were going to go after Phillip especially more Russell than Brandon so Brandon was not invited Survivor 2013 - Page 5 824643984. Thank Goodness never want to see the mental case again.

Each of the woman will receive around 98k.

I wonder why they will receive so much. If second place was supposed to be !00k they should only get around 50k each being neither of them got a single vote. Actually they should probably get nothing being they didn't get a single vote IMO. Survivor 2013 - Page 5 3818743426
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top