Survivor 2013

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SmartandTruthful on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi, Fellow Survivor Fans! I love Dawn too, but I was groaning when she went to Philip & Co. and told them about Corrinne's plan! I do hope that Dawn and Malcolm can get together and turn things around. Corrinne, in the long run, was no loss, but it would have been better if Sherri had gone home, even better if they had outed Philip! I can't understand how anyone can be sucked into an alliance with him - he's so delusional and erratic! I believe when you are talking about Amber, you mean Andrea. It will be interesting to see if Eddy can pull off a romantic play for her. She's a pretty tough cookie!

My favorites this season are Malcolm (he so should have won last time), Reynolds, and Dawn.

The food challenge last week was gross, but the last few seasons of Survivor things have gotten pretty cushy at camp. There are a lot of food rewards and outings toward the end that involve meals and showers, etc. Looking back at the first few seasons, the Survivors really starved. I'm not wishing starvation on anyone, but these Survivors have got it good by comparison - although it is a real psychological trip to live this way for 30 days! I wouldn't do good with the food stuff, myself, and I don't eat fish, so I'd really be starving! I'd have to be on one of the seasons where they have a few chickens to lay eggs and eat once in a while! Ha!

Glad to see there is a place to talk about this show!

SmartandTruthful
Power User

Posts : 1908
Likes : 1
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:37 pm

I wish they would oust Philip! That guy makes my skin crawl and I really don't know how anyone could form an alliance with him. Surely they can't all be afraid of him. I agree with Ugh and think if they are smart they would get rid of him before the jury is formed. That man cannot be trusted at all and anyone that does trust him is being foolish IMO.


Last edited by SLA44 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:01 pm

S&T, you bring up a good point about how cushy it's gotten. They DO still get soaked in the rain, but I don't see anyone using weeds and twigs to clean their teeth. Toothbrushes, perhaps.

And OMG, toilet paper. Do you suppose they have a porta-potty for them? Remember, in the past, they dug the latrine, etc. I still remember that when Lex (the guy with all the tattoos) got back home, he had seven different parasites. I think it was the Africa season.

Surviving is one thing, but there are SOME things you need just to feel human.

Dawn was trying not to repeat a past mistake. I think she made a new one. Bless her heart.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by victorian3 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm

singlyme wrote:I'm beginning to think maybe Amber needs to go. She messed things up for our boys last night. I hope they DO get rid of Phillip next week so we can watch the show in peace.

I got a chuckle out of your chocolate chips, Vic. I was eating the last of the brownies when the food challenge came up. Just kept my eyes down until he announced the winner of each round.

I'm with you about watching people upchuck. There's a ridiculous amount of it on TV and in movies. Must be a new item for the resume of an actor. By leaps and bounds, the entertainment industry is destroying any semblance of couth or manners. I don't want to see people vomiting, sitting on toilets, having conversations at urinals, etc. Even Jacoby farting is becoming a running joke on DWTS. NOTHING has the privacy it did in the past. And the younger gens are completely accepting of it.

Curiosity: I always thought it odd that on TV, you could take the Lord's name in vain, call people a bitch, bastard or whore - yet you couldn't say "shit" - the tamest word of all (and my favorite swear word). Now, we not only hear it - we SEE it. *head shaking*
Hi singly and anyone else who might me interested in knowing this. There is actually a site that tells you which movies have gross vomit scenes. There's a phobia name for people who feel/get sick just watching others do it. That phobia group posted this site and they used to update it for tv and movies. I only looked at it once. It was kind of behind though and I got stuck eating popcorn in a movie at the WRONG time in a movie. Yucky!!1 So yes, singly, I agree with your agreeing.
The moment that TV changed was when Archie Bunker flushed that toilet. After that, little by little, anything goes.


Last edited by victorian3 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:13 am

Ha, Ha, Singly! I haven't thought about the Restroom facilities! You are right - I remember the latrine bit. I have a feeling they may have some port-a-potties in among the foilage! LOL! The Survivors used to be allowed one luxury - they don't talk about that anymore.

I'm also thinking there's got to be a Hidden Immunity Idol out there at their new camp! I wonder if someone will look for it next week and if they'll find it? Hopefully Malcolm. That was hilarious, but tragic for him, when Reynolds found his and they could tell he had it by the bulge in his pocket! Note to future Survivors: Wear cargo shorts!

SmartandTruthful
Power User

Posts : 1908
Likes : 1
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:36 am

S&T, I think both Malcolm and Reynolds have an idol. After they'd joined forces, Reynolds told Malcolm he had one, but Malcolm kept his mouth shut about his own - and commented on it later to the camera.

I could be wrong. Lord knows, I couldn't even get Andrea's name right. But I'm pretty certain this is what I heard.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:08 am

singlyme wrote:S&T, I think both Malcolm and Reynolds have an idol. After they'd joined forces, Reynolds told Malcolm he had one, but Malcolm kept his mouth shut about his own - and commented on it later to the camera.

I could be wrong. Lord knows, I couldn't even get Andrea's name right. But I'm pretty certain this is what I heard.

Malcom does have a idol the only one that knew about it was Corrine...smart move not to tell Reynold.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:12 pm

whit22 wrote:
singlyme wrote:S&T, I think both Malcolm and Reynolds have an idol. After they'd joined forces, Reynolds told Malcolm he had one, but Malcolm kept his mouth shut about his own - and commented on it later to the camera.

I could be wrong. Lord knows, I couldn't even get Andrea's name right. But I'm pretty certain this is what I heard.

Malcom does have a idol the only one that knew about it was Corrine...smart move not to tell Reynold.

OR Reynold will find out and it will break the trust he's giving Malcolm. Ya just never know.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:05 pm

Now I remember - Reynolds had to use his, but he went back to camp and looked for another one and found it, right? It's great that no one knows about Malcolm's idol now that Corinne is gone. However, I still think there could be an Idol hidden at the new camp and I just hope the right person finds it, if it's there!

SmartandTruthful
Power User

Posts : 1908
Likes : 1
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:08 pm

If it's there I hope that Philip doesn't find it - that would be the worst thing that could happen! No

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:19 pm

SLA44 wrote:If it's there I hope that Philip doesn't find it - that would be the worst thing that could happen! No

The best thing that could happen is if there is another idol Malcom finds it. I think Reynold and Malcom will stay united for some time if they are not blindsided but when it comes down Malcom needs to get rid of Reynold because that is his toughest competition. I think Malcom really learned a lot from last season and is playing it well. The only thing that worries me is seeing him talking to Dawn next week.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SmartandTruthful on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi, Whit! I'm with you on that! Dawn really messed things up last week, trying not to make the same mistake as last time. I like Dawn, but I hope she doesn't mess things up again next week! The best thing Malcolm can do is win immunity challenges and have as many hidden idols he can get. As it gets nearer the end, Malcolm is the kind of player others know will win if he gets to the finale and that leads less worthy players to eliminate him. Reynolds is a good match for Malcolm and would probably have the confidence to go to the end with him. It will be very interesting to see what happens next week!

SmartandTruthful
Power User

Posts : 1908
Likes : 1
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:58 pm

I don't think there are ever more than two idols in play. They only hide a new one when one of the two is used at tribal.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by victorian3 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:02 pm

singlyme wrote:I don't think there are ever more than two idols in play. They only hide a new one when one of the two is used at tribal.
Yu're correct. There are never more than two HII in play at any given tim; if one is used, it is then hidden again (but not after a certain point ni the game).

The big threats now are Malcolm, Reynold, and Eddie. The rest of them may band together at some point to get id of these stronger players knowing that they (especially Malcolm) can go all the way and win it.

victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:15 pm

victorian3 wrote:
singlyme wrote:I don't think there are ever more than two idols in play. They only hide a new one when one of the two is used at tribal.
Yu're correct. There are never more than two HII in play at any given tim; if one is used, it is then hidden again (but not after a certain point ni the game).

The big threats now are Malcolm, Reynold, and Eddie. The rest of them may band together at some point to get id of these stronger players knowing that they (especially Malcolm) can go all the way and win it.

They need to get rid of pink briefs before they worry about anyone else - I want him gone!

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Where are all the Survivor fans tonight? Nobody wants to discuss tonight's show? I guess it still has 15 minutes to go on the west coast but I hope someone will come on and discuss it!

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:42 am

Sorry, SLA. I watch TV from 8 until bedtime (11-11:30), so I'm not on the computer.

I thought Malcolm was a goner last night. The editors do a good job in throwing red herrings before the vote. But...in joining Reynold and Eddie, he's cooked his own goose.

I don't know why those guys thought it was okay to approach Cochran or Dawn. All they accomplished was revealing Malcolm has flipped sides. Now, he'll be a target. His idol can only save him once, so he'll need to win every challenge.

I can't understand why he flipped to begin with. Did he ever say?

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:11 pm

singlyme wrote:Sorry, SLA. I watch TV from 8 until bedtime (11-11:30), so I'm not on the computer.

I thought Malcolm was a goner last night. The editors do a good job in throwing red herrings before the vote. But...in joining Reynold and Eddie, he's cooked his own goose.

I don't know why those guys thought it was okay to approach Cochran or Dawn. All they accomplished was revealing Malcolm has flipped sides. Now, he'll be a target. His idol can only save him once, so he'll need to win every challenge.

I can't understand why he flipped to begin with. Did he ever say?



Well last night if I could of got my hands around Dawns mouth she would not be able to speak I think she really needs to go next. I think that there has to be more than we saw last night maybe Malcom is in with the other team and they decided to get Reynold to play his idol but where in the world did Micheals name come up . So I think they planned something and we were not able to see it. I think next week will give us a lot of answers to this weeks episode but thank goodness Malcom is still there.

Team Malcom !!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:02 pm

They were planning to take out Malcolm, then switched to Michael. WTH? I do remember hearing it come up, but the edit left us wondering.

For a moment, I also wondered if he were a plant with Eddie and Reynold. But if so, he wouldn't have gone to Dawn with the cockamamie story to begin with. I think Malcolm took Reynold's idol because he figured out they weren't splitting the vote as he was told. He honestly thought he was the one going.

Switching sides to the smaller voting base wasn't very smart of him.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:12 pm

singlyme wrote:They were planning to take out Malcolm, then switched to Michael. WTH? I do remember hearing it come up, but the edit left us wondering.

For a moment, I also wondered if he were a plant with Eddie and Reynold. But if so, he wouldn't have gone to Dawn with the cockamamie story to begin with. I think Malcolm took Reynold's idol because he figured out they weren't splitting the vote as he was told. He honestly thought he was the one going.

Switching sides to the smaller voting base wasn't very smart of him.

Yes I do know that they were planning to take out Malcom but something had to go down to change their mind. I never heard Micheals name come up in any conversation. You never know what Malcom has planned it could of been a very smart move to make Reynold use his idol becuse in challenges he is his threat mostly. But it could of been a very dumb move but we have to wait and see if you saw Andrea voted for Reynold too.

Malcom switched sides to the larger voting base if he is really with them he has Andrea , Brenda, Dawn, Cochran, Phillip , and Sherri the other side only has Eddie, Reynold and Erik but you never know about that boy.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by rkc1960 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm not sure I understand ANYTHING that went on last night. I know that they try to edit to help cover up the person leaving but last night was crazy! Did those guys that won the reward challenge really think they were going to get Cochran to join their He-Man woman haters club and flip over? I like Dawn but as soon as Malcolm went to talk to her I knew the jig was up. She wouldn't keep it to herself. I thought for sure Malcolm would have been gone last night no matter the edit and especially when Phillip was talking during tribal council the look on Malcolm's face said he knew what was being referred to. That was pretty smart of him to talk Reynold into giving him the immunity idol. Now I'm starting to wonder if some of you are right and that was his way of getting the idol from Reynold since he is such a huge threat. I guess we'll all just have to stay tuned. lol

rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 990
Likes : 231
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:16 pm

rkc1960 wrote:I'm not sure I understand ANYTHING that went on last night. I know that they try to edit to help cover up the person leaving but last night was crazy! Did those guys that won the reward challenge really think they were going to get Cochran to join their He-Man woman haters club and flip over? I like Dawn but as soon as Malcolm went to talk to her I knew the jig was up. She wouldn't keep it to herself. I thought for sure Malcolm would have been gone last night no matter the edit and especially when Phillip was talking during tribal council the look on Malcolm's face said he knew what was being referred to. That was pretty smart of him to talk Reynold into giving him the immunity idol. Now I'm starting to wonder if some of you are right and that was his way of getting the idol from Reynold since he is such a huge threat. I guess we'll all just have to stay tuned. lol

Cute picture rkc! I'm also not sure I understand what went on last night. I do think I had heard Micheal's name mentioned at one time but then there was all that going back and forth between Malcolm, Dawn, Andrea, Reynolds and god knows who else and I could not figure out who was with who anymore. I knew Cochran didn't want anypart of the He-man group but I still think Reynolds made a big mistake in giving the immunity idol to Malcolm. I guess time will tell, but Reynolds may be history next week, I don't think he has the votes to save himself if it comes down to that.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:51 pm

I DID hear them talk about voting Michael off. I agree that during tribal, Malcolm got the vibe that he'd been lied to and honestly thought they'd targeted him - not as a ploy to get the idol from Reynold.

When he talks to the interview cam, it's clear his loyalties are with the fans. By talking to Dawn, he's burned his bridges with the fav group. Unless he does some fancy dancing, he'll be gone.

And rkc, thanks for putting up your childhood pic - though I must admit, I had to pull out my stronger reading glasses and a magnifying glass to see your face. Shocked lol.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks Singly for hearing that ~ I was afraid I am more than just tone death that maybe I'm hearing things too! Laughing

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by victorian3 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:37 pm

SLA44 wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:I'm not sure I understand ANYTHING that went on last night. I know that they try to edit to help cover up the person leaving but last night was crazy! Did those guys that won the reward challenge really think they were going to get Cochran to join their He-Man woman haters club and flip over? I like Dawn but as soon as Malcolm went to talk to her I knew the jig was up. She wouldn't keep it to herself. I thought for sure Malcolm would have been gone last night no matter the edit and especially when Phillip was talking during tribal council the look on Malcolm's face said he knew what was being referred to. That was pretty smart of him to talk Reynold into giving him the immunity idol. Now I'm starting to wonder if some of you are right and that was his way of getting the idol from Reynold since he is such a huge threat. I guess we'll all just have to stay tuned. lol

Cute picture rkc! I'm also not sure I understand what went on last night. I do think I had heard Micheal's name mentioned at one time but then there was all that going back and forth between Malcolm, Dawn, Andrea, Reynolds and god knows who else and I could not figure out who was with who anymore. I knew Cochran didn't want anypart of the He-man group but I still think Reynolds made a big mistake in giving the immunity idol to Malcolm. I guess time will tell, but Reynolds may be history next week, I don't think he has the votes to save himself if it comes down to that.

First,whew, am I glad that you all wrote these posts abou tbeing confused. I had to rewatch parts and still felt confused. Not sure what was happening. Alliances kept changing, and we were all left in the dust!! Perosnally, now that I see you had trouble too, I think that the edit wasn't that great. Viewers should no tbe left scratching their heads. I also think that they missed an opportunity to take out a large threat. Michael seemed innocuous IMO. Malcolm is being shrewd and I don't think he really plans to go to the end with Reynold. In his PI he said that he wouldn't tell Reynold about his idol and even admitted that Reynold shouldn't have told him. Reynold did it to probe loyalty. Malcolm is really in it to win it this time.

Secondly, did I miss something. RKC posted her baby picture (cute), too, so is today baby picture day or is that going to be in a separate thread. maybe I'll start it and see who joins in and we'll pick a day.:sunny:

victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum