Survivor 2013

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor 2013 - Page 4 Empty Re: Survivor 2013

Post by victorian3 Thu May 02, 2013 10:18 am

SLA44 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:Hey!!! What happened to my post??? The one I wrote before rkc's above but after singly's (2 above). I am not redoing now but basically it said the same things that both of you said. Glad Andrea is gone. Don't think Erik will win--if he gets further it is more from luck than any great strategy other than playing both sides and stayingout of drama. Sherri does not impress me--kind of like the DWTS Alenxandra. I like the game that Brenda played and Dawn also. it is to Dawn's redit that she lasted this long and it is difficult to hold up against the young'uns.

Hey vic3, I think I know what happened to your post. There were probably over posts being posted at the same time and when you hit send it gave you the option to modify or save and if you hit home instead of save you lost your post - been there, done that. Just an operator error and getting used to the system here.

Sherri doesn't impress me at all either and how she made it this far is beyond me, I'm actually pulling for Erik now and am hoping that Cochran goes next - he is really bugging me and seems to think he is in total control of things IMO.

Good morning SLA. Yeah, maybe that's what happened. Don't remember. I typed it, thought I hit send and then was busy clicking on sub jobs. Next thing i see that a new post had been added and when I went to check, it was from rkc and mine wasn't there. I'll have to be more attentive wehn I hit SEND.
Right now, I am not pulling for anyone in particular. Dawn really needs the money but she is a mental mess at the moment. Maybe they will all get renewed strength next week when their loved ones visit. The preview shows a lot of emotion.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun May 05, 2013 11:10 pm

I'm still bummed about Malcolm's elimination! It was so great to see Andrea go home last week! I really wonder how different things would have been if Malcolm had approached Brinda, instead of Dawn a few weeks back about turning things around. I'm surprised Brinda has stayed under the radar so well this time around and I agree, I'd like to see her or Erik win this time. Sherri should have been gone so long ago it's ridiculous - can't believe they have kept her around! I'm disappointed in Dawn's choices. I know this has been hard on her and she's been emotionally vulnerable, but I blame her more than anyone else for what happened to Malcolm. Cochran has been lucky this time around and even won immunity a few times, but I don't want to see him win, because I don't think he deserves it. The finale is next Sunday and there's still 6 players left: Cochran, Dawn, Brinda, Erik, Sherri, and Eddie. Does that mean they are having a double elimination again next week, so they'll be down to the Final 4 on Sunday? Unfortunately Malcolm didn't get in the right alliance from the start of this season and he never could get the people around him he needed.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 06, 2013 8:09 am

S&T, I hated to see Malcolm go. And I hated to see Reynold go. I was rooting for both of them.

Cochran's head is getting a little big right now. I don't know what it is about him that's such a turn-off. It's not the nerdy thing. There's something slovenly about him, I think. I don't like Sherri or Eddie either. Eddie described Reynold early on as a used car salesman, but I think it's Eddie who talks and charms - like he did with Andrea. He was looking to ride her coat tails - but she's gone and he might be next now.

For me, Dawn, Brenda and Erik would be my ideal final three. But I don't think Dawn could win because of all the mental meltdowns and inability to deal with the stress. Won't get her votes. But she's made it clear she needs this $$ for her kids. Sympathy votes, maybe?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 06, 2013 8:18 am

Wrong thread delete/

Last edited by singlyme on Thu May 09, 2013 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed May 08, 2013 9:15 pm

Another well executed blindside - when will the favorites ever learn to watch their back and not be so sure or trusting of others? Since it has not aired on the West Coast yet I will not say anymore as I watched the last 1/2 on live feed so I know who was voted off.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 09, 2013 7:01 am

SLA, I think we can post results here in the evening - as long as we don't do it on a chat thread.

I really felt for Brenda. That was such a slap in the face. I think it pretty much seals that people in the future will see no point in showing kindness or self-sacrifice. Dawn, especially, was a disappointment to me. After all Brenda's friendship - finding her teeth, propping her up - it was so easy to backstab her.

So if Erik goes, I have no one to root for. I think Eddie is a "user." Dawn, a HUGE disappointment, and Cochran is flat-out obnoxious.

My grandson thinks if Eddie wins immunity next time, he could win the whole thing. He may be right. He'd almost certainly get the votes of Malcolm, Reynold, Mike and Andrea. If Sherri's on the jury, she'd probably vote for him, as well. I just don't like him.

For me, Brenda giving up time with her dad bought her another week. They not only bit the hand that fed them, they took the whole arm. Sometimes I wish the whole elimination scenario was based on audience vote instead of lies and sneakiness.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu May 09, 2013 10:04 am

I agree with you singly. I don't think that display of nastiness was a game changer only but a whole series changer for the future. I always knew Cochran was a sleazy little piece of crap. As soon as Brenda gave up her reward for the challenge she won my BF said that was a great thing she did and now people will leave her alone for a while at least...HAH!!! I told him to just watch...Cochran will not care and be evil and talk people into voting Brenda out for that very reason and her ability to win challenges....as much as I like being right when debating with him I was really hoping I would have been wrong in this case, but alas.....

I knew Dawn also had a very deceitful side but to do that to Brenda after everything Brenda has done for her was just evil. The only thing that had me on the fence with her was her story of needing the money to take care of her kids, but she could have went about things a little differently to get to the end without selling her soul and compromising her honor. She really hurt Brenda badly. I'm glad Brenda turned around and said what she did to Dawn and Cochran before she left and I hope it stung big time!

As for Sherri...she is a follower, not a leader. The only reason she is still there is because she is hanging on to Cochran and Dawn's coattails...and the fact that they know she doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning so they are keeping her around to use her. She reminds me of the the awkward kid that the means kids in school are keeping around to amuse themselves only to make a fool of that kid later when it suits their pleasure.

Now that Brenda is gone the only person I want to win is Erik. I'm hoping that the ones that are on the jury have seen enough that if Cochran or Dawn are in the final two that they will not vote to give those two creeps the money. It used to be that the runner up automatically got the second place prize money but it seems they changed that to having people vote for the person to get that money and I hope neither Cochran or Dawn get that money either. I'm hoping that they both learn a lesson from this that backstabbing and nastiness does not make you a winner.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm

Singly and rkc I too am pulling for Erik and the others be damned! I don't know how they could do that to Brenda other than they are greedy and new she would beat them hands down in the end. Rkc ITA with your assessment of Cochran Survivor 2013 - Page 4 3818743426. Also with what you said about Sherri - never could understand them keeping her around this long except that she posed not threat to them whatever - she stinks at the challenges. Well Sunday night will be interesting to say the least - I hope Dawn and Cochran get their just deserves! I don't care about Eddie one way or the other but I do really like Erik.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2013 5:11 pm

rkc1960 wrote:I agree with you singly. I don't think that display of nastiness was a game changer only but a whole series changer for the future. I always knew Cochran was a sleazy little piece of crap. As soon as Brenda gave up her reward for the challenge she won my BF said that was a great thing she did and now people will leave her alone for a while at least...HAH!!! I told him to just watch...Cochran will not care and be evil and talk people into voting Brenda out for that very reason and her ability to win challenges....as much as I like being right when debating with him I was really hoping I would have been wrong in this case, but alas.....

I knew Dawn also had a very deceitful side but to do that to Brenda after everything Brenda has done for her was just evil. The only thing that had me on the fence with her was her story of needing the money to take care of her kids, but she could have went about things a little differently to get to the end without selling her soul and compromising her honor. She really hurt Brenda badly. I'm glad Brenda turned around and said what she did to Dawn and Cochran before she left and I hope it stung big time!

As for Sherri...she is a follower, not a leader. The only reason she is still there is because she is hanging on to Cochran and Dawn's coattails...and the fact that they know she doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning so they are keeping her around to use her. She reminds me of the the awkward kid that the means kids in school are keeping around to amuse themselves only to make a fool of that kid later when it suits their pleasure.

Now that Brenda is gone the only person I want to win is Erik. I'm hoping that the ones that are on the jury have seen enough that if Cochran or Dawn are in the final two that they will not vote to give those two creeps the money. It used to be that the runner up automatically got the second place prize money but it seems they changed that to having people vote for the person to get that money and I hope neither Cochran or Dawn get that money either. I'm hoping that they both learn a lesson from this that backstabbing and nastiness does not make you a winner.

Hey rkc.... The runner up still gets money but also does the fan favorite that people vote for so I am hoping that Malcom will get the money for fan favorite or Brenda now after what they did to her but she should of known you are never safe without that immunity necklace around your neck and she could of easily won that challenge. But being nice gets you no where in this game sad but true all they are seeing at this time is green. I hope Erik wins or i would not even care at this point if Eddie won because the other three do not deserve it one bit. But at least Brenda can hold her head up and be proud of how she played the game the others will not be able to. And if Dawn crys one more time I think I might break my TV screen so sick of her.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu May 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Survivor 2013 - Page 4 584440259 Whit! I guess a lot will depend on who wins immunity come Sunday. I just hope it is Erik or Eddie because I didn't like what the other three did to Brenda but I didn't like them anyway. It will be interesting to see how it all comes out!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Hey, Whit. Haven't seen you onboard for a while. Welcome back.

I think what began to bug me about this show is that when it comes to the jury vote, the people often base their votes on who played the best game, rather than who got to the end with honor. I stopped watching for a couple of seasons because of all the negative character traits I was seeing. Russell did me in back then.

I'm hoping Erik wins this thing. Eddie made it this far by schmoozing up to Andrea, not by any real effort. Sherri thought she was the leader when she was using psychology on the ex-Marine big baby. Since he left, she's done NOTHING. I think Brandon's behavior affected Dawn deeply. She hasn't been the same since - all the tears and meltdowns. I could've tolerated that - but not her Betrayal of Brenda. Cochran is just TOO repulsive for words.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 8:48 am

Hey Guys, well, I felt sick watching this survivor. I know it's a game, I have watched every single episode. I even personally know one of the original survivors from season 1. We've all seen some nasty moves, but honestly, that was the nastiest of them all. My heart completely broke for Brenda. What she did for the others, that gift she gave them and deprived herself, was priceless. How quickly morals are thrown out the window. I think they could have waited to vote her out considering what she just did for them. You know Cochran's mommy was behind the whole idea of getting rid of Brenda. The apple does not fall far from the tree. That little weasel is not fooling me this season. I have not forgotten what he said on his original season and now he is trying to redeem himself. Not working with me. Brenda can hold her head up high. I read somewhere that Dawn has been reaching out to Brenda since the show ended but Brenda wants nothing to do with her. We are not done with Dawn's tears either. Wait until the finale reunion hour. She will be crying the whole time with remorse over what she did to Brenda to try and make herself look better. This last episode left a very sour taste in my mouth in regards to how people can truly turn on each other for money. (IMO)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 8:49 am

by the way Whit, your dog is so adorable. Brought a smile to my face this morning. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri May 10, 2013 8:53 am

[quote="whit22"]
rkc1960 wrote:

Hey rkc.... The runner up still gets money but also does the fan favorite that people vote for so I am hoping that Malcom will get the money for fan favorite or Brenda now after what they did to her but she should of known you are never safe without that immunity necklace around your neck and she could of easily won that challenge. But being nice gets you no where in this game sad but true all they are seeing at this time is green. I hope Erik wins or i would not even care at this point if Eddie won because the other three do not deserve it one bit. But at least Brenda can hold her head up and be proud of how she played the game the others will not be able to. And if Dawn crys one more time I think I might break my TV screen so sick of her.

Hey Whit...good to see ya! When it got down to Brenda and Dawn for the immunity challenge and that conversation took place between them I kept yelling at my screen and saying "Brenda, don't do it...Dawn can't be trusted" but alas she didn't hear me LOL. Dawn has a very short memory when it comes to people that do things for her and then she gives them her "undying loyalty". Dawn made me mad on so many levels this week. After Brenda won the reward challenge she was nice enough to pick Dawn to go with her. She had no idea that it was going to flip-flop and she had to make that decision. Dawn's reaction to that was very selfish. She was happy that Brenda picked her but became very angry at Brenda because she made the decision she did....that showed her true character. And I agree with you, Whit...when I saw Dawn was puckering up getting ready to cry yet AGAIN I was about ready to kick my tv screen. What a big blubbering baby...
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri May 10, 2013 9:05 am

ATN, I can't blame Brenda for steering clear of Dawn. I would imagine she's still feeling that knife in her back. You're right. Dawn will probably be crying all over herself at the reunion - and say how HARD it was to betray their friendship. But from what they showed on film, she seemed to have NO difficulty in launching the torpedo.

It's one thing to have other players dump you, but the friendship these two had seemed like a tight bond.

And "weasel" is a perfect descriptive term for Cochran, ATN. I dislike him more with every episode. The running nose, the glasses, the dead fish white skin - all combine with his actions to make him absolutely disgusting to watch.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 9:37 am

singlyme wrote:ATN, I can't blame Brenda for steering clear of Dawn. I would imagine she's still feeling that knife in her back. You're right. Dawn will probably be crying all over herself at the reunion - and say how HARD it was to betray their friendship. But from what they showed on film, she seemed to have NO difficulty in launching the torpedo.

It's one thing to have other players dump you, but the friendship these two had seemed like a tight bond.

And "weasel" is a perfect descriptive term for Cochran, ATN. I dislike him more with every episode. The running nose, the glasses, the dead fish white skin - all combine with his actions to make him absolutely disgusting to watch.

Hey Singly, I don't blame Brenda either. Did you watch her video at the Ponderosa? It's on the CBS Survivor website. They give a 3 minute or so clip of her entering the campsite and the others greeting her. It broke my heart again to watch her hug and cry on everyone. I'm glad they were there to comfort her. She was truly broken by that betrayal.

Do you think Brenda threw the immunity competition so that Dawn could win?

Yup, Weasel Cochran. It's a good fit. His mom planted that seed in his head.

I can't believe the finale is here already. This was a fast season!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 10:34 am

ATN wrote:
singlyme wrote:ATN, I can't blame Brenda for steering clear of Dawn. I would imagine she's still feeling that knife in her back. You're right. Dawn will probably be crying all over herself at the reunion - and say how HARD it was to betray their friendship. But from what they showed on film, she seemed to have NO difficulty in launching the torpedo.

Hey Singly, I don't blame Brenda either. Did you watch her video at the Ponderosa? It's on the CBS Survivor website. They give a 3 minute or so clip of her entering the campsite and the others greeting her. It broke my heart again to watch her hug and cry on everyone. I'm glad they were there to comfort her. She was truly broken by that betrayal.

Do you think Brenda threw the immunity competition so that Dawn could win?

Yup, Weasel Cochran. It's a good fit. His mom planted that seed in his head.

I can't believe the finale is here already. This was a fast season!

Hi ATN....Yes I think Brenda did throw away the immunity challenge so Dawn could win . Brenda said that if it was Eddie she was going against she could of stayed there for hours but since it was Dawn I think she felt like she would be safe. I just hope that Eric or Eddie win the next immunity challenge so one of the other three will go home. I rather see Eddie win if it is not Eric who I do want to win I know Eddie has not done much but it would make me sick if any of those three disgusting rude people won. If they are in the final who in the world could you vote for ?

Thanks everyone for the Welcome Back !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 11:51 am

I would love to see Erik win since on his original season he went down as being the dumbest player in survivor history. You guys know he won the immunity necklace and was talked into giving it to someone else, and then they voted him out! I think winning Survivor would be amazing for him. I don't know who I would vote for if the F3 are Dawn, Cochran and Sherry. Sherry was very emotional about seeing her son and because of Brenda, she was able to see her son and have that experience. I don't know how she was able to vote Brenda off and look her in the eye. Ugh, I can't even pick one of them. If it's those three in the end, I'm sure it wasn't easy for the jury.

Brenda should have left Dawn's teeth at the bottom of the ocean! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri May 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi ATN, glad to see you over here again! I agree that I don't want to see any of those three scoundrels win anything. Erik and Eddie are not part of that 3 person alliance and if they are smart they will ban together instead of going against each other like they did at the last voting. Has Erik not learned anything from his past experience on Survivor? Survivor 2013 - Page 4 4184157158
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi SLA, it feels good to be back. My laptop was down all week so I'm glad it's working like normal again. How are you?

Looking forward to the finale and seeing (hopefully) Erik or Eddie win!

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri May 10, 2013 1:18 pm

ATN wrote:Hi SLA, it feels good to be back. My laptop was down all week so I'm glad it's working like normal again. How are you?

Looking forward to the finale and seeing (hopefully) Erik or Eddie win!

Hi ATN, I'm doing okay, the weather has been so beautiful here lately in the 80's but it's cooling off Sunday with rain forecast for all day and then even cooler on Monday with more rain so our lawns, trees and flowers will get watered by mother nature.

I'm with you for the finale on Sunday and hoping either Erik or Eddie win as well. Just saw a commercial for it with Sherry (SP?) talking and wanted to upchuck. I really don't know which one is the most distasteful to me between her and Cochran they both turn my stomach.
Survivor 2013 - Page 4 3818743426
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri May 10, 2013 3:26 pm

Hey ATN...good to see you too.

I agree with what you all are saying. Cochran's Mom definately put that bug in his ear about Brenda. And here she looked like a harmless old lady. As they say...looks can be deceiving. But even if she hadn't been there I think he still would have come up with that on his own.

I'm still wondering what happens from the previews that it looks like someone may be medically taken from the game again....or do they do that just for editing and drama sake? They showed all the guys there but they didn't show Dawn or Sherri so if it is true it may be one of them that get taken out....WHICH WOULD BE GREAT!!!! If it get's down to two against two and Erik wins immunity then they stand a chance. Sherri can't win challenges. Dawn isn't all that great at them unless it's a freak thing she can do....and Cochran? He thinks he's the king of challenges now but I think we all know better.

Erik HAS to win immunity. He has to also team up with Eddie to start getting those three outta there! It would just be poetic justice for those three to go and leave Erik and Eddie for the final two. I would laugh my ass off!!!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri May 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Ok...I just went back and watched the finale preview again to refresh my memory. It DOES say someone actually leaves for a medical emergency and knocks it down to 4. and it only shows the guys....no girls. So unless they did THAT part to throw people off it looks like it is one of the girls that go home.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 5:24 pm

rkc1960 wrote:Ok...I just went back and watched the finale preview again to refresh my memory. It DOES say someone actually leaves for a medical emergency and knocks it down to 4. and it only shows the guys....no girls. So unless they did THAT part to throw people off it looks like it is one of the girls that go home.

It is probably Dawn having a huge breakdown again Survivor 2013 - Page 4 2538036733 LOL. Boy would not that be the best thing that could happen then get rid of Cochran. I would love for Eric to win and Eddie to come in second that would be the best payback for Brenda.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Fri May 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Very quick check in as promised. Constant running here with my mom visiting.
GREAT comments everyone and ITA with all of them. The only thing that wsn't said was that I thik that it is to Brenda's credit (not that this helps at all) that they saw her as such a threat. After her selfless act it made her even morelikeable to a jury at the very end. Of course I can't believe that they turned on her instead of being eternally grateful, but they just were afraid of her. She may very well win Sprint player of the season if all of the viewers vote for her. malco0lm was very close last time and may get a lot of votes again, but Brenda was a terrific player and I hope she gets it.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top