Designated Survivor

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Designated Survivor

Post by Lesallee on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:20 am

Anyone catch the debut of this intriguing show last night? 

I think this will be a must watch for me. The premise is so different and promising. Kiefer Sutherland as lead is a huge plus for me; I'm a true fan of the man. 
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Re: Designated Survivor

Post by moo2meow on Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Oh my !! Look what you miss when you don't scroll down the whole page !!

I like this one too. Have been watching on demand not first run though. As you stated it is different and that is satisfying. So tired of doctors, nurses, and firemen. Makes you wonder if any writer out there had any new ideas to write about and this show just proved that a couple of them did. The cast was well thought out, the scripts continue to be written well. Kiefer Sutherland does a fantastic job. Didn't care for him when he was younger nor did I care for 24 but this has proved me wrong on him.

Probably will continue to watch on demand. Wednesdays are pretty busy ones for me right now.
Flower
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Oh hooray, another Designated Survivor viewer. Someone  to hash the show over with. Not on last night and we were left in a crucial situation the week before so I can hardly wait for next week.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:28 pm

So glad the son never opened the envelope. Kirkman's right. It takes more than genes to be a father. Hope they resolve that poor FBI head man's predicament.  I'd have done the same.
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:23 am

But I'm glad Kirkman DID open the results envelope. It made his character more real, not some saintly figure. You bet I would have opened it! But the situation was handled well, I thought. 

The plot strands are getting interwoven like crazy. It seems this is some sort of domestic terrorism. The prospective VP is being controlled by someone, we don't know for what purpose. And the Congresswoman has an agenda not to the President's benefit. Gotta keep watching just to see how they unravel all these issues.

I really like Seth, the Press Secretary. Felt bad for him when that reporter did him dirty.

Last edited by Lesallee on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:18 pm

And I'm glad he did too !!
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:22 pm

Wow, the plot is really thickening. And only one show left before tha fall season finale. Gotta know they will leave us hanging in great suspense.

Pres. Kirkman is getting more statesmanlike every episode. I am intrigued with the Congresswoman and  just where they are going with her character. She is very ambitious but she seems to have principles not just blind ambition.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:47 am

Such a good show last night, (seen "on demand" so it was last night for me). So many story lines in it being built up for next weeks cliff hanger. I do hope the FBI agent gets to the VP hearing in time with her evidence on MacLeash. I don't like the character even if they hadn't made him an accomplice to the terrorists.
I think I heard in one of the first episodes that the lady senator was the "other" designated survivor for the other party. Can't remember why she wasn't chosen but I think it was she was too far away to bring her back to the city for swearing in for the office. She was and still is the more experienced in the world of politics and may have been a better choice for the office. Kirkman has / had much less than she but is not an idiot and is learning real quick on the ins and outs of it. I do think she wants Kirkman's job and will continue to try to trip him up in anyway she possibly can without jeopardizing herself in the doing of it. The writers seem to be playing with the notion that she may also be in on this take over plot or at least have known about it all along and not doing anything to prevent it from happening to achieve her own means what ever they may be.
Love the way he dealt with the guy who wanted his secretary booted. Miserable crook he was.

Last edited by moo2meow on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:26 pm

I noticed the Prez looking at McLeish wringing his hands strenuously during their interview. I think he may be getting an inkling that the Senator isn't the world's most truthful fellow. 

Now I'm wondering if someone hit FBI agent Hannah's car purposefully or was the accident because she was driving so wildly in her tearing hurry to get to the hearing. I suspect she won't make it in time because there is probably lots more drama to unfold with the shady senator storyline.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:24 pm

Well, just like we figured, here we are in a tangled web at the fall season finale. Is Aaron secretly a bad guy? Emily sure has her suspicions now. Agent Hannah has gone above and beyond her duty and saved the President's life. Law enforcement was about to close in on her, I wonder how that will play out. McLeish is VP officially now so the threat to Kirkman is greater than ever. 

I'll be watching when the next season starts for sure. It's all very intriguing.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

other favorite shows

Post by moo2meow on Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:25 pm

Do hope we don't have to wait too much longer for the next show. Already want to know how the cliffhanger turns out. I know agent Hannah saved the Prez but did she get the shooter when she fired on the open window  or did the other agents that converged on her make her miss her target ?  

hairpull  

Will McLeish remain the VP for long  and if they find out he is as bad as we are believing is this going to tarnish the Prez's rep and credibility  with the American people ? Oh Lord why do we have to have so many variables in these cliffhangers any way. ? !!
Pull hair Pull hair

Last edited by moo2meow on Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added content)
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Have been meaning to ask you, Lesallee what other shows ,(other than Strictly) are you watching.  I am currently watching ;

Lucifer, Pitch, Shooter, The Exorsist , and The Walking Dead
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Designated Survivor doesn't return until March! What a bummer. 

I'm a little hard up for shows right now. In addition to DS I like The Blacklist, also on hiatus. Outlander, on hiatus. I am waiting for Season 2 of The Crown and the next season of Bloodline on Netflix. I will have to search out something on Netflix to watch after NewYear. 
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:52 am

Was able to find this on a which show is coming back during the mid season. Our show will return on March 8 !! Has been renewed for a 2nd season. This means we have to wait,(at this posting), 66 days. Aghhhh !!
Hope I'm wrong.

Darn Hissy fit
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:53 pm

And the networks wonder why conventional television viewing is down when they constantly do this to us. By the time a show returns we've forgotten what went before and in many cases, moved on to something else. 

I see The Blacklist is returning with a new episode on Thurs. so I have that at least.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:46 pm

I too am a huge KS fan and loved this show, I didn't get to watch as much as I wanted because of life circumstances and then flying to AZ to spend time with my sister.

Glad that it's coming back and hope to catch up.
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Welcome Miss peebeeb. Good to have you here with us. New episode tomorrow night,(according to "on demand" listing). Will be watching as soon as it is available "on demand" come Thursday night. Think there's only two more to the season.

Darn
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:49 am

Glad you joined our tiny group peebeeb. 

Well tonight we get to find out about "the shot" or I hope we do. Man, only 3 shows total until season's end? Bummer, I hope next season is longer and not with this long hiatus in the middle.

Good Survivor night for me, as in Designated S and the granddaddy of all reality shows Survivor.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:41 am

We know now who got shot and who did it but still a bagful of questions. McLeish is confirmed as VP, the Prez now has his suspicions of him, Kimball knows he's warped. How will they get shut of him? Who's behind the whole thing? 
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Will be watching later and be back in then.
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Oh crap, did I miss the premiere?
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:45 pm

This show manages to keep me completely enthralled. Every episode leaves me anxious for the next one.

Hannah is about to capture McLeish but no, wifey shoots him. No answers now.

Kimball H. is interesting and knows a thing or two. I just can't figure which way she is going to hop.
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum