Fear the Walking Dead

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fear the Walking Dead - Page 4 Empty Re: Fear the Walking Dead

Post by singlyme Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:32 am

There doesn't seem to be any way to get our group back together.  In TWD, when the prison fell, they were on foot and found one another.  But these guys have driven in who-knows-what directions.  Nick was the only one on foot.

Anyway.... My interest lies in the Madison/Strand/Alicia group.  But seriously... they led 17 FLOORS of walkers to that pier???  Madison said there were three buildings.  They got ALL of them????  And I thought rip tides were unpredictable.  Wouldn't it be something if they all came walking out of the ocean?  lol.

Let's see if our new people are more appealing than our original cast.  There's always hope, yes?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:06 pm

That is something that occurred to me. That plan of letting them fall into the ocean with rip tides doesn't mean that is going to wash them out and they won't come back. It's not like they will drown. 

I am getting tired of every week there being someone that opens up a walker and spreads the blood and guts on themselves. That story line is getting over-used. Time to come up with some new stuff or it's going to start boring me.  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:40 am

Well, the walker blood is the tried and true "garlic around the neck" repellent.  lol.  It's disgusting for the user, so I guess we'll see it only when truly needed.  At least, that's the hope.

We suspend disbelief where walkers are concerned, but I expect the rest of the story to be believable.  The idea that they cleared three buildings of all walker inhabitants, led them down the stairs from 17 floors, and got them all synchronized into one group was a head-shaker no-no.  Also, once Madison's noise stopped, it's fuzzy to believe they'd all keep walking over the edge of the pier instead of mulling around.  There was no longer any sound for them to follow.  Shaky writing.

It's likely I'll keep watching - if only to pick it apart.  Giggle

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:13 am

It looks as if the writers are working to bring the group together.  It's likely the warehouse workers will invade the colony with Nick and his girlfriend escaping and eventually finding the hotel.  Previews show Travis seeing the hotel light.  It looked like he was alone.  Hope so.  The sooner we're rid of Chris, the better, yes?  But then, of course, the warehouse druggies/bandits could find the hotel as well.  (TWD prison scenario)

Nick's girlfriend and a couple of guys who were already at the hotel would be nice additions to the cast since they're more appealing than our originals.  lol.

Ofelia seems to be doing well on her own.  It never occurred to me she might actually have a back story.  If he's alive, I could picture her fiance running a home for surviving children.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:15 pm

Agree with you Singly, I am very interested in seeing Ophelia's story line evolve. Her backstory is very intriguing to me.   Did her father actually die in the fire?  I must have missed something huge -  For the life of me, I remember him starting it, but they didn't show him staying nor leaving.  

I don't much care for Chris or Travis either.  I'm liking the added cast even better!  Love Nick's girlfriend.  She kind of reminds me of Carol from TWD in a way.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:52 am

While it appeared that Daniel died in the fire, there are rumors that he survived.  Reuben Blades was my favorite character.  If they ever told us Ofelia had been engaged, I forgot about it.  She seems so much stronger now that she's on her own.

As I mentioned before, it's going to stretch belief to see them reunited.  Some on foot, some by vehicle, leaving the farm in different directions.  While Travis, Chris and Nick were on foot, Madison's group could have gone a hundred miles in that truck - or more.    Forgive me, but I'm often a stickler on possibilities.

I, too, like Nick's girlfriend.  She'll make a good addition to the group.  I'm wondering how Travis' appearance will sit with Madison.  She likes being in charge and he has a tendency to challenge her harshness.  We'll see, I guess.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:06 am

Trouble is at the gate.  Was Chris not with them or did they just not show him?  Will the group let the gun-toting boys in before Travis sees who's knocking?  And if they've killed Chris, will Travis become a vengeful basket case? 

It was good that Madison told Alicia about her father.  Now she knows why Nick got all the attention.

They've let 40-odd people in.  The female manager previously said they had enough food for months.  Now?  Two-hour finale and two conflicts coming.  Hmmm.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:01 pm

I wonder what happened with Chris and his friends, it appears that 2 of them are now on foot and show up at the gate.  I wonder if Chris is with them and where have they been?  Seems Travis beat them there on foot while the boys had a truck.   Should be interesting - I could care less what happens to Chris.  His character is unappealing to me.

I wonder why they decided to let the people in through the gate.  Bad idea.  They need to figure out some renewable food sources if they are letting people into the hotel or parking garage.

I hope Strand survives Smile And I really hope we see Ofelia next episode, her story was interesting to me.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:12 pm

Is it too much to ask that the boys dumped Chris off in a ditch somewhere? Lol. I can't stand that kid.

I think they will let those dudes in before Travis sees them. I think Travis is too distraught right now to be of any good to anyone. 

You can tell that this show is early in the apocalypse because they are letting people in. In TWD they are slower to let other get close or take their supplies. 

It seems that they are letting Madison kind of take over as the group leader, sort of like Rick. I don't know if she would be a very good leader. Her turning that lighted sign on just in case Nick was out there has brought all kinds of riff raff to the hotel.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:12 am

I feel like the eternal optimist where people are concerned.  It's always bugged me that outsiders are generally homicidal maniacs in the Dead series.  I would love to believe there are good people among the survivors. 

Dazz, I'm with you on Chris.  Wouldn't matter to me if I never see him again.  But just because they didn't show him at the fence doesn't mean he isn't there.  I hope he's gone!

rkc, I agree about Madison being leader.  While she makes tough decisions, she also makes some pretty stupid ones.  The hotel light, getting drunk and allowing Strand to beat on the piano, etc.  She acts out of emotion.

In this age of walkers, Travis' compassion could get everyone killed.  But I hope they bury the Chris issue and just get rid of the kid.  His death might just give Travis a bump into the reality of the new world.

Now that they have so many people inside, with more at the gate, it's a lot of people to trust.  Living wary is more stress.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Agreed Singly - these people are going to get hungry, maybe even sick.   They are going to want better accommodations, etc.  How long before the drug cartel makes it's way to the hotel?   I'm sure that's coming.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:30 pm

All I know is that they need to pick it up a little if they want to keep my interest.

I'm counting down the days for TWD to come back on. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:48 am

They've been slowly building to some action.  I expect it in the finale.   I'm hoping Chris has completely evolved into "Merle" so we can kill him with no remorse.  We may or may not get to the warehouse people invading the colony.  If we don't, it's likely to be the cliffhanger.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:39 am

I can't say I wasn't happy when Travis beat those two entitled idiots to death.  Whew.  No more Chris, but it certainly came at a cost.

Could they not allow Nick's group to spend one night outside Colonia before getting attacked?  I swore I saw military camouflage on some of those guys.  It was moving so quickly, I couldn't be sure.  But the one who nailed them didn't have it.

Good thing nothing else runs in this time slot.  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:44 am

Was last night the season finale?   It felt like it, but maybe one more episode?

I can't say I was sad that Chris died.  I am now dreading that we are going to have to watch Travis have a meltdown the whole rest of the season.   Kind of like Rick when Lori died, it was not what I wanted to see play out.  

Really liking the Ofelia story - "Welcome to America"...  Military camp?

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:26 am

Dazz, I think Travis got "closure" for Chris with his fists.  He seemed okay when they got to Colonia, protective of Alicia. 

Let's hope Ofelia isn't in for some rough treatment.

Last edited by singlyme on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:19 pm

I'd like to think that Chris is really dead but I never tend to trust the outcome when a story Is being told to someone who didn't actually see it happen then actually seeing it unfold as it is happening. Are we to trust that these idiot kids are telling the truth or should we think Chris is still alive and they didn't want to tell Travis what really happened why He is not with them? Wouldn't it have been more dramatic for Travis or someone within the group to see it happen first hand? Something seems fishy about that.

It was pretty interesting that the lead guy from that group (can't remember his name) went out with a bang by driving the bus out of the way so all the walkers could get in and take those dudes out.

Not sure why they are having that group Nick is with getting shot up. They saw the helicopter so it would make sense that it is a military group.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:23 am

rkc, bite your tongue!!  I waited TOO long to see Chris go.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:37 pm

Lol....I know!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:17 am

Are you with me, rkc? 

I really enjoyed the Reuben Blades comeback episode.  I'm so used to closed-caption, I didn't realize they spoke Spanish the entire time.  Glad to see they're changing him to a good guy. 

Was Strand always made out to be such a con man?  It seemed in the past, he had a soft heart and ended up saving our group.

Do you think it was Ofelia who shot Travis' helicopter?  I'm wondering if she joined another group who have designs on the ranch.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:42 am

I LOVED this past episode, only because Ruben has really made his character great!!  I enjoyed that it was all in Spanish with the exception of Strand.  I believe Strand has always been a conman, you could tell from the very first episode when he bartered his diamonds for freedom in the cage (if you remember season 1).

I believe Jeremiah has Ofelia, I am pretty sure that is who captured her at the end of season 2.  I look forward to seeing her, at least I hope we do.  

I'm really enjoying this season.  The one thing I could have done without, was the cheesy lightning strike part.  That was dumb, but I'm willing to look past that, lol.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:20 pm

i liked this episode better than as of recently but I have to say I am still actually struggling to get into this show. Maybe its because I got so used to TWD that I just feel like its lacking for me.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top