Fear the Walking Dead

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fear the Walking Dead - Page 3 Empty Re: Fear the Walking Dead

Post by rkc1960 Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:31 pm

I don't think we're done with the predator boat....and what is up with Strand?

Chris is annoying. At least with Rick and Carl it was relatively short lived. This thing between Chris and Travis doesn't show any signs of ending. Him dumping his mother into the ocean like he did was truly immature.

Still not sure what to think of Madison. My son brought up a good point the other day when we were discussing this show. When Travis tried to get her to see reason this week she basically said "because I said so". Maybe she is that way because she was a guidance counselor. And speaking of that, I still wonder what happened to that kid she was dealing with that brought the knife to school? They never addressed that. I wonder if he will show up at some point.

I read an article that said that this week they are going to be bringing the short story of Flight 462 into FTWD. I would assume that means at least one new character will be coming into play.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:02 am

I'm in the dark about Flight 462. 

Part of the problem, for me, with Chris is that he's androgynous, which adds to the weakness of this particular character. 

I don't recall the bit with Madison and Travis which you mention above.  But I found myself consciously wondering if they'd resourced some focus group and came out seeing they had to soften her up.  Last season, her expressions were so stern and mean, she looked ugly.  Last season, it was said by a producer/director(?) that Madison has a dark past.

If they weave and pivot here the way they did on TWD, we just might see that boy you referenced.  Somehow, I don't think he was able to run fast enough.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:18 am

So what is Strand up to?  A mystery about Baja.  Do you think he's going to end up meeting his own band of predators - or does he have family stashed there?  You know, the way he said "I'm coming," sounded as if he was talking to someone who needed him.  And what was up with his cutting the tow line?  They gave the girl enough of a story to think we'll see her again.  She ejected everyone who threatened that boy off the lifeboat.

Chris so enjoyed axing the walkers on the first island, I thought he was going into the plane to find someone to bash.  It actually surprised me that he tried so hard to save the guy with the broken back.

The group certainly took their time scouring the luggage debris.  They've got a horde following them to the shore and Alicia takes a break from running to give Nick a long hug?  I must confess, I found the horde scene suspenseful.  But I'm finding the crashed and shipwrecked walkers a bit thick out in the big ocean.  The predator ship must be working overtime to fill the seas.  Funny thing.  They don't seem to salvage supplies - just blow up the boats.  Military?

Did Travis and Madison have some previous trouble I'm not aware of?  They seem rather distant from one another.  Perhaps it's because she's made Travis somewhat subordinate to her.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:16 pm

I wish I knew what Strand was up to. My son wanted to like him but it just seems more and more like he is going to be trouble. Not sure what he is leading them into. He just seems determined to not bring anyone else along. Him cutting the tow line was just vicious. I don't see the point of them doing that whole Flight 462 thing to just have that happen. I think we will see her again. Not sure why she is so determined to drag the burned guy along when others were killed off due to them wanting her to do a mercy killing.

Chris is just trouble and he annoys me. Daniel tells them all to stay within sight and what is the first thing Chris does? SMH. 

I don't have a theory yet on who is manning the predator ship and why they are killing everyone. 

I was thinking the tension between Travis and Madison seemed to start when the ex wife was around and the bratty kid. Then you have the apocalypse that would be enough to stress a saint and they don't agree with how things should be done. I think Travis personally is having a breakdown over having to kill his ex and that has put even more of a strain on his relationship with Chris.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:35 am

My daughter brought up an interesting point about Chris killing the guy with the broken back.  The man was begging to die - and given how difficult it was for Chris to strike the first blow, she thinks it will be an eye-opener about Travis killing his mother.

My daughter also said that during commercials, they were showing the tow-boat woman as a stewardess on the plane prior to its crash.  She thought they were promos for a new show until they were shown in the lifeboat.  I ffwd, so I didn't see it.  But I recall the woman saying to the others in the boat that she owed the "boy."

So... how did she end up in a lifeboat if the plane crashed on land - a tiny coastal island in a big ocean?  Quite a target if the captain was turning.  lol.  Then, I figured they must have gone down with plane if the boy was burned.  Taken the life raft from the plane and escaped the walkers by going to sea.  But she ended up right back where the plane crashed.  I don't get it.  Perhaps we'll get the whole story as episodes progress.  Ya think?

With the exception of Reuben Blade's daughter and the stewardess, I'm still finding the actors unappealing.  I was happy to have Reuben until they turned him into a torturer.

Guess we'll learn more tonight.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun May 01, 2016 5:23 pm

The point your daughter brought up occurred to me as well but I just don't know if that is going to make anything better since Chris seems determined to hate his father even if it's just due to Madison.

I'm not sure how they ended up in the boats. I have to go back and watch all the clips because I think I missed the last few. I assumed that because the plane crashed on land that they had to go out in the lifeboats to get away from the walkers. I'm confused about that whole thing. It almost seems that there were some missteps with that story line.

I will continue to watch even though I knew I wouldn't like these characters as well but it's definitely better then it was last season.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 02, 2016 7:44 am

So Connor has only a dozen men, according to Reed's spouting in the preview.  Does that include women or the two that were killed?  Perhaps we can dispatch them quickly and move along.  Right?  *sigh*  You know that pregnant girl will end up needing help.  What a mess.

In a previous post, I thought Strand sounded like he was talking to someone who needed him.  Looks like Thomas is the loved one who's waiting for him.

I like the guy Nick picked up.  When the show started with Nick in the water, I wondered if I'd missed an episode.  lol.  Question is, will Strand and his buddy feel the need to save Travis and Alicia?  They could simply throw Reed overboard and take off.  Or does he feel obligated to Nick to save his mother?

You're right.  The show is better than it was first season.  I tuned in to TTD after and was surprised at all the English accents.  Strand, Alicia, Nick, Travis.  Is AMC based in England?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue May 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Connor doesn't remind me of any really bad guy like is on TWD so hopefully he is just a small hiccup and time to move on to the next. I'm wondering if they introduced this group so Alicia and Reed could hookup and that he will turn into a decent dude and be a new member of the group. On TTD afterwards they made a point of reading tweets where girls were ohhhhing and ahhhhhing over him. Maybe they figure he will be a draw for the female audience.

I guess they answered some of the questions about Strand and what his back story is. I'm just disappointed because I have always loved Dougray Scott ever since I saw him years ago in Ever After. I'm sorry, but that kissing scene between him and Strand was such a turnoff for me. Ugh!

I think Strand and Madison have bonded in some way even if it is just a grudging admiration for how much balls they both have. lol. Notice that Madison was the one that took the dingy out to pull Strand out of the water. They could have just left him to die but they didn't. So I guess if Nick and Madison have some sort of admiration for Strand then I guess he would save the others in their family.

I'm wondering if they are going to have some storyline where Chris starts mooning over Alicia? I hope not. He has become quite protective of her and that dude made that crude remark about him doing his sister. I think that would just complicate an already complicated story.

It didn't surprise me to hear all the English accents especially after all the accents from TWD actors. That was something my son and I have both been commenting on. I have no idea why so many actors from other countries.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 09, 2016 7:52 am

It was surprising to see the pirate plot go so quickly.  Grateful.  But I expected Jack to be joining the escape. The kid had possibilities, more likeable than our cast.  Hmmm.  Guess he's left on what will soon become a zombie tuna boat.  Then again, Strand's buddy was concerned about getting so many people through the paid checkpoint.  I suppose this will be our next "adventure."

It seemed curious that Alex wanted Travis captured when it was Strand who cut the rope.  I'd guess the only reason is so we could have that little soul-searching speech from his cell.

It didn't surprise me that Chris shot Reed.  He's been a hammer looking for a nail.  And Nick has suddenly become quite the adult, yes?  Sorry, but I wish they'd do something about that stringy hair.  I guess they wouldn't have a weed-whacker on a ship, huh?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri May 13, 2016 11:08 pm

I don't know if I'm convinced the pirate plot is completely done. After all you still have the sad puppy dog eyes going on between Jack and Alicia and you still have Alex around that seems to have a bone to pick. I think they will all meet up again at some point. The actor that plays Jack seems to have become a female fan favorite so I think they will be keeping him for a while. They may have Jack and Alex man a boat and specifically come after them. Who knows.

I didn't really get why Alex singled Travis out either. Strand was the real villain in cutting the tow line. Alex said something to Travis about how it was his idea to put them in the raft and tow them. How is that his fault? Strand was just wanting to send them adrift.

Chris is a real hot head but it seemed to have traumatized him after the fact when he realized his stupid actions may have put his Dad at risk. I was surprised that he leaned on Madison when that happened. I'm hoping that this is the start of him calming down a little. He is a really annoying character.

Everything that I have ever seen the actor that plays Nick on has always had his character with the long hair. He may have said he doesn't want to cut it and they may be okay with it because it could fit in with the character being a junky. At least a few recent scenes it looks like he combed it. lol
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 16, 2016 8:08 am

Quite the layout at the vineyard.  Shades of Alexandria.  Food, water, walls.  It was obvious Celia was some kind of voodoo queen from the churchyard when the priest said it was her doing.  I guess people who want to eat people don't faze her.

I found it odd that the guests on TTD aren't sure Chris is disturbed.  He's young; he's lost his mommy; he's trying to adjust and protect himself???  When they played the scene where he was watching Madison under the walker, they made it seem it was retaliation because she told Travis she didn't think the guy on the boat was turning - she was against him in his mind.  But when he took that knife in the bedroom, I didn't get the sense that he planned to use it on them.  Everything about this kid - from the girly appearance to the dour expressions - is a complete turn-off for me.  It's likely they'll kill him off and Travis will then blame Madison for his demise.  The writers will be free to put her and Strand together.

But is Strand gay or bi-?  I thought it stupid when he told Thomas he would join him in death.  Seriously?  The previews, as I suspected, show Mama Celia's reaction to Strand shooting him.  One day to leave?  Will they go peacefully or will Daniel take a knife to the cellar?  Shades of Hershell's barn guests.  You just KNOW Celia's gonna be bitten before they leave, probably by her own son.

This might well be the best place on earth to live right now, but no one has evolved into a Rick-type who would take over the joint by force.  Will they go peacefully?  It doesn't seem likely their boat would still be where they left it.  If it is, they'll have walker Eric to deal with.  Perhaps he can chow down on Chris so we don't have to watch him anymore.  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon May 16, 2016 8:29 pm

I really didn't understand the necessity for that first scene at the church. And then Celia left those two poisoned wafers with Strand and Thomas? So does that mean that all those walkers in her basement cell were poisoned by her the same way? And I thought the same thing. That was reminiscent of Hershel hording all those walkers that were his family and friends in his barn. I think that since Daniel knows about the walkers in the cell that he won't leave without killing them all. I'm thinking that one of them will get to Celia before it's over...or as you said her own son. Poetic justice?

I didn't watch TTD last night so I didn't hear that conversation. Even before his Mom died, hell, even before the apocalypse started he had some major anger issues.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue May 17, 2016 7:53 am

It was my understanding that the church people were coming to kill the basement walkers and Celia poisoned them to prevent it.  I don't think the basement people were her doing.

I agree it will be Daniel who instigates killing the "jailed family members."  OR - perhaps Celia will turn them loose to avenge Thomas.  ??

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed May 18, 2016 4:38 pm

I must have missed that part. There was a bunch of kids in the church....what did they think they would be able to do with killing walkers? If Celia was the one that poisoned those in the church then she needs to take responsibility for what happened to Thomas. He wouldn't have been bit if she hadn't done that.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 19, 2016 7:11 am

You're right.  The guys who showed up at the church with weapons hadn't been to communion.  Perhaps Thomas was bitten in trying to help one of the kids.  Talk about a "quick change," huh?  Bleeding eyes, then growl.

I don't think Celia cared that Thomas would turn, as long as no one shot him in the head and made him really dead.  I wonder if Strand knew about her and the Owl Cult before he decided to end him.  I don't think I'd be eating or drinking anything until I was out of that place.

Wouldn't you be willing to leave Chris as a replacement son for Celia in order to go in peace?  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 23, 2016 7:49 am

What a mixed-up finish!

To tell you the truth, I was hoping Chris would be shot when he and Travis fought over the gun - or the knife.  I must confess, I've hoped we wouldn't have to see him again.  I've wished since the beginning that we could lose him.  And Travis has taken such a weak and subordinate role to Madison, he might as well be gone, too. 

Nick bought into the cult and Strand's explanation seemed valid in defining it.  So, all three of these guys are set to be left behind.  Will they actually leave without them?  Hell, we don't even know if the boat is still there.  But it must have been still there when Nick retrieved Eric.

Madison locking Celia in with the walkers was evil.  So, she can murder people, too, when they get in her way.  Kinda like Rick wanting to take over Alexandria when they first got there.  Question:  When Daniel was in the cellar, did you see Celia in the group who came toward him?  Sorry to lose Blades but they made him tortured and nuts.  *sigh*

The Madison actress was reported saying she wanted to be this group's Rick Grimes.  Well, with the absence of all the men, save Strand, she could fill that role.  But I don't think she has Rick's conscience or integrity.

I don't think it would hurt the show to leave all three of the guys behind.  If it's the producer's plan, it would eliminate those I couldn't warm up to.  They can pick up some strays along the way.  Personally, I would've left Madison behind, as well.  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu May 26, 2016 5:04 pm

I was hoping Chris would be out of the picture too but something tells me that he isn't.

Not sure what will happen at the beginning of the 2nd half of this season but I can't imagine them leaving all three of them behind....or four depending on whether they killed off Daniel or not.

I actually like Nick and I can't imagine them getting rid of him due to his popularity. He seems to have adjusted to the crazy new world they live in better than the rest.

It was kind of creepy that whole scene with Madison locking Celia in the cell and walking off. I guess it was her way of protecting Nick from her considering Nick seemed to be falling for Celia's way of looking at things.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:26 am

The opener was pretty slow.  I'm so caught up with Netflix, alternating between The Blacklist and Grey's Anatomy, that I skipped TTD.  I couldn't imagine there was anything to talk about but Nick's character.

Can't help but wonder how long the group will be separated.  Next week, we might have a full episode of Travis and Chris - or Madison and her group.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:57 am

Yeah, the opener was pretty much showing how much bad luck Nick can have, I guess. I thought maybe that group he ended up with would be okay, but sacrificing ill people to the walkers is pretty sick!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:37 am

Serving ill people to walkers?  All I saw at the end was Nick walking into a thriving little village.  What did I miss?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:01 pm

It might have been in a preview I saw for the rest of the season. Everyone stood there and watched as a victim was delivered on a bus and dropped off in the middle of a bunch of walkers. Someone said that it was reserved for people that don't have long to live or something of that nature. I think it was explained that it was of that same type sect as Celia was a part of.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:27 am

Oh.  Ew.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:44 am

So... you know walkers are attracted by noise - and you pound incessantly on a piano?  Seriously?

When the first one went over the balcony, I thought it was Ofelia.

It was also surprising that the liquor was there.  One would think the place would already have been looted.  I suppose they needed Madison drunk so her back story could begin to spill out.

Now, they're trapped behind the bar.  Surely, there are knives for slicing fruit, yes?

For me, it's in the writing - and the details.  So far, mediocre.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:05 am

Do we know what happened to Ofelia?  And how did Madison and Strand get out of that bar???  Did I miss something?

I know it's bad, but I'm sorta wishing Chris gets bitten so we can be rid of him.  It's going to take some huge psychological twist to straighten him out.  And he's just flat-out unappealing.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:20 pm

If you missed it then I missed it too. Don't know what happened to Ofelia and they didn't show how Madison and Strand got out of that mess. They can't leave all this stuff open ended because it is making me lose attention.

I was hoping they didn't bring Chris back this season. He was acting even more like a complete jerk then usual.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top