Fear the Walking Dead

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fear the Walking Dead - Page 2 Empty Re: Fear the Walking Dead

Post by singlyme Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:17 am

I wonder if his natural son, Chris, is going to be a pain in the ass for the duration.  This guy (what's his name???) will also be dragging along two wives for the escape to the desert.  It could lead to a few plot lines for the writers.

And why the desert?  Not a place I'd run to for safety.  Snakes, scorpions and no water.  I think I'd opt for mountains, wouldn't you?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:07 am

I think it got more interesting last night.  I love the Spanish family, but we'll surely lose mama.  I finally placed why the core daughter is so familiar to me. She was on The 100. 

I hope Chris' adolescent curiosity gets him killed quickly.  This kid is truly repugnant to me.  And the druggie needs to get clean - and fast, so we can see how useful he's going to be.  Please cut and comb his hair.  The writers are expecting a lot of patience from us during this crisis. 

It's a bad sign for me when I can't remember most of the characters' names after three episodes.  Someone is Daniel, but I don't know if it's the father or the woman's son.  Sheesh.  The only one I remember is Chris, and it's because he's so annoying to me.

Rueben seems the only one prepared to deal with what's coming, but the blonde wife is rapidly growing some sense and fortitude.

I'll give it some time.  Looks like the next move will be to escape the military.  Hopefully, they'll grab a vehicle that will withstand a horde.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:37 am

Well, well. I really don't think this show is going to appeal to me . I know it takes place at the beginning of this crisis of human kind but, for myself, it just moves to slowly. Haven't connected to any of the characters yet. The mom, though she's wising up, is still "dumb" to me. Never cared for her drug addicted son or her daughter. One episode makes your think mom's boyfriend, Travis, ( Chris' father, Singly),is getting smart and the next he's as dumb as the rest of the group. The only smart one is the kid who went back to the school to get his knife & stock up on food. And he's not been seen since. Is he gone or are they going to put him in later ?

My goodness that lovely group of people saved the dog then left him behind to save themselves !! Should I even put more time into this show ? Just is not that appealing. 

Sad Darn
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:27 pm

Moo, I think the Mexican guy (Rueben) is the smartest of all of them.  He "gets it."  Killing will be necessary.  He didn't hesitate to blow Pete's head off.  Funny, I remember the zombie's name, huh? 

Thanks for reminding me of Travis' name.  I suppose that means the druggie is Daniel.  I need to make a list.  lol.  Anyone remember the two wives?  The daughter?  And Ofelia is Rueben's daughter.  I know Travis gave his name to the military, but I lost it as soon as he said it.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:06 pm

I don't remember their names either. The story got a little better this week but I'm still not into this family.

Since the family got stopped from leaving by the military, why do I get the feeling the Mexican's wife with no medical attention is going to die and turn. Will she take out her husband since he is so devoted to her and stays by her side? Will the daughter leave with the family which is what she wanted to do anyway? They have to be in the picture for some reason.

The rotten kid at least tried to do something nice by grabbing the girl and pulling her away from the walker. She was being a bit of a bitch the way she acted. All I know is that these people have to get over their hatred of each other before they can work together to survive. 

I'll keep watching it as long as they don't pull a stupid move like what Z Nation did and have a baby turn and have this animated baby running around trying to bite people. That was so lame. It is keeping me occupied until TWD comes on. I'm also hoping it will give some insight into why certain things happened in the beginning of TWD and why everyone is infected regardless of being bitten or not.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:18 am

rkc, where is this group for TWD that you posted on ? Was it the AMC site ? Wouldn't mind taking a look.

Flower
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:28 am

I don't know about rkc, moo.  But there's a forum called roamersandlurkers.com that discusses TWD.  It's dead over there right now, but these folks notice the most minute details and look for Easter eggs along the way.  They're much more invested in this show than the average person.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Moo, I go to the one singly was talking about, roamersandlurkers. I also frequent a few pages on facebook. The ones on facebook are not quite as in-depth in discussions as roamersandlurkers. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Thanks, rkc. Don't think I'll post but will check it out. Lurk in the background somewhere. I like seeing how some else sees it all. And thanks to you too Singly.

Flower
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:29 am

No problem, moo.  I haven't seen any reference at that site to the "Fear" show and I don't know if they've created a site for it. 

Evidently there are only two more episodes before TWD takes over.  I think they need to ramp it up if they want people to return for the second half of the season. 

For future reference:

The couple:  Madison Clark & Travis Manawa (Is this a Hawaiian name?)
Her kids:  Alicia & Nick
His son & ex-wife:  Chris & Liza
Spanish family:  Daniel, Griselda and Ofelia Salazar

Well, we've got them separated again.  I think Griselda is a goner.  They can't have her limping around like Hershel.  Let's hope Nick gets himself clean in more ways than one.  Drug-free and a hair cut.  Of course, he'll need to be clean before they escape the hospital  - and this can't happen overnight - not likely before season's end, unless Liza grabs a stockpile of methadone on the way out.

What could be interesting is seeing what goes on at the "hospital."  Perhaps Liza and Nick will escape together and go back home to gather the families to sneak out of their community.

I'm holding out hope for our drugged-out Johnny Depp knockoff.  Once straight, he could prove quite resourceful while on the run.  I have a feeling he'll be a favorite character before all is said and done.  I just hope they don't keep that Darryl haircut for him.  He doesn't have the macho to carry it.  lol.

For me, the golfing soldier is overplayed in its reference to how very little he cares about these people.  He seems to regard them as lab rats.  And Madison's excursion reveals they're shooting people who aren't sick.  Another chance to make our soldiers look apathetic and cold-blooded.  I hope they show where these orders originated.  They're behaving as if they're in occupied territory rather than among fellow citizens.  This kind of scenario makes me a little queasy because I can actually see it happening in real life.  Call me a cynic.

That flickering light on the hill began the episode and ended with Travis seeing the flashes of gunfire in that apartment.  Hopefully, he's finally getting the message (as Maddy and Daniel have) that the military is talking out both sides of its face.  We can only hope he's wakened to what's really going on.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:19 pm

I haven't watched the episode yet. Have been way too busy packing up a three bedroom house to do much but go to work, pack,go to storage,eat,sleep and get up and do it all over again. Since I haven't warmed to this show I'm too bummed out over it but will check out on demand in a bit and see if it's there yet. Thanks for your critic, Singly. It is always welcome.
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:37 pm

It seemed to pick up a bit this week. Still don't like the characters all that much but I never expected to so it's no big deal to me. My son and I talk and critique TWD and we have also started critiquing FTWD. We believes Nick and Daniel are the only ones so far that look like they may be worth a darn in this apocalypse so far. 

By the military coming and taking Nick and Griselda it is leading up to the finale maybe being worth watching. 

Something tells me Madison may end up wringing Liza's neck during this rescue. I think the way the military came and took them that it surprised Liza as I think she wanted to believe it was real help that they were going to get. I'm thinking she may have jumped on the back of that truck and went along to try to correct the mistake she made. We'll see how that turns out. 

That was disturbing that apparently the military were shooting everyone to try to take out any possible threat. It didn't look like those people that were laying dead in the street were shot in the head so I was surprised they weren't getting up and walking around. So does that mean that what ever is causing everyone to have the virus in TWD didn't happen yet in FTWD? 

Last edited by rkc1960 on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed were to weren't in the last paragraph...changes the whole meaning of the sentence! DUH....)
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:36 am

Regarding your last paragraph, rkc, it hadn't occurred to me that the healthy dead had stayed dead.  You would think they'd be burning these slain bodies (healthy and diseased) to prevent the spread.  All those rotting corpses would breed even other health issues.  Not well thought out, plot-wise.  The writing seems geared to making the military the bad guys.

I can already visualize Ofelia's military boyfriend breaking ranks and joining the family for a run - OR turning out to be a complete ass.  He didn't, after all, get the meds for her mom.  They wrote him in for a reason, right?

I don't think Liza intended for Nick to be carted off, just wanted to make sure he was okay on his methadone.  It seemed to me she was convinced by the doctor that she was needed and could be of help.  I'm not expecting a good outcome at the hospital.  I agree that it will lead to the finale.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:59 am

Yes, they are definitely making the military out to be the bad guys. But then again the military only follow orders of their higher ups and the government. Makes you wonder what the government might do to us citizens if anything catastrophic were to happen in real life...all in their misguided attempts at containing the situation.

I'm wondering if their lack of taking care of the dead bodies will have anything to do with how everyone ends up infected regardless? 

I may very well be wrong, but I got the impression that Ofelia's relationship with the military guy stemmed from her trying to talk her way into getting meds for her mother. When he was making it clear he wanted to have his way with her she held him off and brought up the meds subject. They didn't have any lead up story to a romance between them so I guess that's why I took it as her using him to get to the meds.

As to Liza, I think she was very conflicted on leaving her son to go help the doctor and that's what the long stare into his eyes was about. I think they may have all been convinced at this point what was going to happen with the way the military came in and strong armed Griselda and Nick not allowing anyone to go with them and very forcefully held them back. I think that is why they will plan an attack and go get their loved ones back before they are killed off.  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:32 pm

I concur with your last paragraph, rkc.

The soldier impressed me with how easily he ended the necking session when Ofelia wanted to stop.  He didn't press.  That says he's half-decent, at least.  lol.

As far as the disease spreading:  When the CDC told Rick that everyone is infected, I remembered that old movie "Comet" in which a passing comet dusted the earth and infected everyone.  I can't get that scenario out of my mind.  Something like that would be about the only way it could get to every human being on the planet.  Besides, it keeps me from trying to figure out how it started.  Scratch

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:00 pm

I've never seen the movie Comet but that would make sense.

The more I've thought about it I am wondering if the government started it. They would know how to contaminate everyone, but why they would do it would make no sense. 

I believe the government has all kinds of information that they are not telling us. I have seen evidence that the government has a plan in case of a 'zombie' type happening. I don't know how in depth it is but that would lead me to believe that they would know what could cause this if they have any plan in place. 

I don't know whether the producers of TWD got a hold of this information and maybe based the apocalypse off of it or not. It just seems odd that in FTWD you have the military taking out anything that moved. Maybe if it was the government they may not have intended it to get so bad and it just got out of hand. Just makes you wonder.  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:42 am

There's a rumor that a plan exists to reduce world population to around 200 million.  And I'm one of the people who presumes a world government already exists in secret. 

Frankly, I believe we're going to kill Mother Nature if she doesn't soon strike back.  My first volley would be at the greedy capitalists who rape the planet for resources, then dump the waste onto the land and into the life-sustaining waters.  Obviously, I have a huge animosity for these polluters.

I'm also annoyed with our "throw-away" society.  Our next generation will be living on landfills.  We're fed celebrity news while little, if nothing, is said about our waste and indulgence as a country.  Or the corporate entities that make the money from those indulgences.

As to the government plan you reference, is it for zombies - or aliens?  I'm curious about the evidence you've seen.  Perhaps it's Martial Law they're gearing up for.  Mark my words, there will come a time when the majority of people can't afford food - or water.  Some corporation (with military backup) will be controlling it all.  And people will finally stop following the Kardashians.

Okay.  Diatribe over.  Giggle

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:21 pm

I absolutely believe that there is a plan in place to reduce world population. A few years back an elderly ex-military man told me of things that he knew about that lead to the government having a plan for this.

It was definitely a zombie plan. A girl in another TWD facebook group posted it a while back. I'll have to go back a few months and see if I can find it on the site.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm so sorry to see Daniel resorting to this sadistic behavior.  So he was a bad guy in old Mexico, huh?  By having the soldier cave to this type interrogation, the writers are basically condoning torture to extract information.  Boo-hiss and shame on them.

Also, disgusted by Madison's facial expressions.  She's really ugly when she pulls one of those faces (when Travis asked if she knew what Daniel was doing.)

Chris and Alicia destroying the contents of that house?????  WTH??? 

It's my guess that Malloy(Mallory?)'s own soldiers killed him.  That guy was a grade-A asshole.  We can only suppose that next week's finale will be the beginning of "The Great Escape."  It's likely we'll have to wait until spring to see who made it out alive.  Cliffhanger.  They need one.  Right now, I don't give a crap about any of these people.  Travis and the soldier seem to be the only normal human beings in the bunch.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:03 pm

I agree, that whole scene with Daniel and the soldier was sick. I understand why they did it because the military is always tight-lipped about such things and they needed to know the information they got, but still...it was gross.

The only thing I took away from the kids destroying the house is that was a way they had them bond, even if it was two bitchy kids bonding over violence. smh

I must have missed something last night. I kept running out of the room during commercials so I could get the dishes done. lol. Who is Malloy? Was he the head military guy that was such a jerk? I was kind of late in the room to see what was happening with the soldiers that got our of the Humvee that Travis was sitting in. Is that what you were referring too?

I am wondering what is up with that black guy that Nick was caged up with. He did all this so Nick would owe him? Gee...I'm wondering what he is expecting for payment in return? 

And what was Griselda babbling about before she died? Was that a flashback to what she herself had done in old Mexico?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Yes.  It was the military CO, the jerk.  When they came back to the humvee, one of them said he didn't make it.  They all seem to want to go home, and he was insisting they follow orders - regardless of how cold and cruel.  I think they eliminated him.

The black guy sees Nick as resourceful and wants him by his side for an escape.  At least that was my take on it.

I think you're right about Griselda's babbling.  She obviously thought she had sold her soul to the devil.  Especially the reference to flesh.  She must have removed some in Mexico and felt the amputation was payback.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:53 am

Two things:

Travis finally reached his limit and should no longer be the wuss everyone believed him to be.  Personally, I thought he was one of the few normal people.

I think Strand might be a drug kingpin.  ???

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Okay, now we're talking. I must say I thought it was a good end to this odd season. Hopefully now we have something to work off of for next season. I don't think I'll ever like these characters more than the ones from TWD but I didn't think I would anyway, so no loss. 

As to Travis, I guess he is becoming the Rick Grimes of the group. Started out as level headed and the situation started to change him. I can understand why he went off on Andy. He let him go thinking he could trust him based on what Andy was telling him. Well that didn't turn out to be the case so he went ballistic on him.

As to Strand...funny you should mention that Singly. As soon as we saw his home and yacht that's the first thing we said. He's got to be the big drug kingpin that is the supplier for that area...hence his relationship with Nick. 

I'm surprised they offed Liza the first season. I thought for sure she would be used as tension between her and Travis' girl (I keep forgetting her name) lol.

A big "light bulb" moment for me last night was when Nick and his Mom were talking and she told him she was sorry. And then he said that his life was always this way....now the others are catching up. Pretty profound for a crack head.

So, they are going to start out next season on the water. You would think they would be relatively safe on the water...however, one of the writer/producers said something on Talking Dead last night that gave you the big "uh oh" feeling about that. He mentioned that this is still the early stages of the apocalypse and that for the people that are still alive there is a sense of doing whatever if takes to stay alive even if it means hurting or killing others. And that includes others that had the same idea of going on the water for safety. Hmmmmm....interesting thought. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:20 pm

I didn't blame Travis for beating down Andy.  I can only assume he shot Ofelia in order to hurt Daniel, huh?  Travis will likely be the leader, just hopefully not as unstable as the plague has made Rick.  I dislike Madison more with every episode.  Everything about her.  Talking Dead implied she has a dark past.  We'll see, I guess.  She's just a big turn-off to me, expressions, attitude, etc.

I was sorry to see Liza go since she was one of a very few characters I actually liked.  lol.

That yacht will have to return to different shores for supplies periodically.  I'm guessing they'll never be able to get quite enough.  I doubt Strand packed for an entire tribe when he stocked the boat.  Looks like it'll be on the order of The Last Ship, running into difficulty at every port.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:56 am

Is anyone else watching?  I must say I was relieved we were spared the predator boat, however, we've put back out to sea, so we may be forced to deal with it.

I wonder if it will occur to anyone to later go back to that island.  The family will have all turned - only a few to knock off.  Those who were washed ashore from sinking boats will be outside the fence.  Might be a good place for a base. 

I'm hoping they lose the past Carl/Rick angst between Chris/Travis.  Been there.  Madison seems softer this season, more appealing.  We shall see how it goes.  So far, so good.  Oh, did anyone get a sense that Chris was taking a little too much pleasure in axing those walkers?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top