Fear the Walking Dead

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fear the Walking Dead Empty Fear the Walking Dead

Post by singlyme Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:52 am

Here we go.

I can't say I'm attracted to ANY of the cast members. None of them are appealing, save the daughter. However, it was a good beginning. And I'll be happy to see Reuben Blades. I've always enjoyed him and hope he'll be a permanent member of the cast.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Fear the Walking Dead Empty Re: Fear the Walking Dead

Post by BAL91182 Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:40 am

I did not get to see it last night, so I'll catch up on it today. I hope its good. I don't really like when they have a show and then create a dozen of them, like CSI, Law and order, etc.... Just hope this one will be a little different.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:50 pm

Singly, I feel the same way as to the cast members. I know it was the first episode but I don't see me getting drawn to these cast members like I have with those in TWD. And that dude strung out on drugs was getting on my nerves throughout the episode. They need to have him clean up his act asap or they can't possibly have him surviving this.

As to what you said, BAL I was surprised last night that when 9pm rolled around and just as this show was coming on, the BF got up and said he has absolutely no desire to watch this show. He said he doesn't like it when they have one show or movie and then they make another one that is supposed to be a prelude to the original one. I thought, HUH? But then I thought, cool...now maybe he won't talk through the whole thing. LOL

I think for the first episode it was pretty good. A little slow but I understand they are trying to build the story line. By the end I'm glad they were showing the main family starting to understand a little more about what to expect with these walkers.

I am wondering how that student that the teacher took the knife from is going to play into anything. He seemed to know what was going on even though the teacher thought he was nuts. At the end when they showed them stare each other down while he was on the bus made me wonder if we have seen the last of him. That would be terrible if later on she sees him dead or as a walker and she is wracked with guilt because she took his knife away from him and that was his only defense. 

I found it interesting that they had this series start out in a crack house. I'm wondering if they are wanting us to draw the conclusion that as with TWD that this may have started with the blue meth that was being made in Breaking Bad.  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:13 pm

rkc, they made it clear on TWD that EVERYONE is infected.  So it wasn't a matter of where it started.  After Rick & Company went to the CDC and learned this, my thoughts went to that old movie with Mary Stuart Masterson, "The Comet."  The comet dusted the entire earth.  The kids escaped it by being in a movie vault or something.

I'd guess that boy will have to clean up his act PDQ.  And I hope that student with the knife isn't going to be a cast member.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Bach98133 Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:23 pm

It appears the show did really well as far as ratings is concerned:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-fear-the-walking-dead-ratings-monster-20150824-story.html

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:14 pm

No surprise that the ratings were great. They had TWD fans that wondered what they would reveal that could have started the zombie apocalypse. Also the fact that the same fans are chomping at the bit for the new season to start and they need something to get them by. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Gonna go watch it now.  Kind of leery as I have had some friends on FB say the acting was poor and was not very good. Plus like rkc's BF, I don't really like when they make two or more of the same type show. Seriously, how many CSI's did we really need!
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:38 am

Found it to be a bit slow but being the first show, it's understandable. Will watch a few more see, what happens. If I don't like it after that,won't be watching .  Let's hope it does.   
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:10 am

If anything turns me off, it will be trying to warm up to this cast.  Just not ringing my bell.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:13 pm

My son likes to critique TWD with me after an episode just sent me a text after he watched FTWD last night. 

I told him it may take me a while to warm up to the characters and I doubt I will care about them like I do the originals from TWD. I told him the strung out dude I found annoying. His response to me was, "He was my favorite character out of the choices of terrible mom, uncaring snobby sister, and step dad with annoying son. Plus I approve of his choice of cardigan with no under shirt". HUH? Well that's something. You like the junkie's clothes. My kid is a mess! He get's his strange sense of humor from me because his father has none. lol 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Finally got to watch this, and Im not sure what I think yet. I found the mom and boy to be annoying as heck, so hopefully they will be the first two to be killed off.  Also, was the Cal guy who sold the boy his drugs the sisters boyfriend?  I was confused if it was the same guy or two different guys. Maybe it will get better when they bring on more people!
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:26 pm

BAL, I think we're all a little iffy on the show so far.

I don't believe the boyfriend and the son's drug-dealing friend are the same guy.  Frankly, the daughter and the drugged-out son were the only two I found remotely appealing.  With all that's going on, I think the boy's drug days are behind him.  He may turn out to be the most resourceful of the bunch.

I don't care for the husband, and his son looks obnoxious.  I'm thinking that everyone they focused on is going to be part of the core group.  It doesn't look too promising, but I'm going to give it a shot - at least for a few weeks.  If it doesn't get better:  pfft!  poof!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:35 pm

No. The girl's boyfriend and the drug dealer were not the same guy. I think the girl's boyfriend will  maybe be the next one to show up a walker. She went to meet him at that park and he didn't show...that is never a good sign.

I'm also thinking that kid from school will probably be a victim of the principle, or whoever he is that from the previews looks like he turned. I may be wrong but I can't see that kid surviving and traveling with the family.

I'll also give it a little time to see if it picks up more. I knew the first week would be slow because there is too much explaining everything that goes on to try to bring it all together.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:58 pm

I'm responding to your post on the other thread, rkc.

It's not the dysfunction of the people that's so unappealing to me.  It's their looks.  Sorry if this seems shallow.

Chris looks like a George Hamilton knock-off who stayed in the tanning bed too long.  The boyfriend, Matt, was cool - so they zombified him.  They chose an obese, zit-faced kid to tag along with the family.

I guess we didn't think Daryl was cute until we saw him in action, huh?

The Spanish family is fine, and I LOVE Rueben Blades.  Hopefully, the rest of the cast will quickly develop some personalities worth watching.  I wonder how many of these people will be established into the core group.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:02 pm

I actually forgot it was on !! Guess that doesn't bode well for me. I'll see if it's "on demand" later. Have to wait til my son gets home. I screw it up all the time  Confused   
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:18 am

It was better this week, moo.  But still not worth looking forward to.  More an effort to get accustomed to it.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:03 am

singlyme wrote:It was better this week, moo.  But still not worth looking forward to.  More an effort to get accustomed to it.
I agree!  Definitely was better than the previous week, but I am still not feeling it. I think I am just so use to the original and its cast. This ones pales in comparison.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharonbee Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:59 am

I thought the beginning was slow too. And none of the characters grabbed me. I am curious what they'll do with the chubby student. Maybe he will become a beloved smart resourceful character like Hurley in Lost? Wishful thinking. I will keep watching since I am curious to see what they do with it. But I hope the characters grow on me soon. I hate watching shows where I don't like anybody.
Sharonbee
Sharonbee

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:34 am

I knew the lead guy was familiar but I couldn't place him.  Then, I watched a rerun of "Live Free or Die Hard."   He was the head of the cyber-crimes division of the FBI.  It hasn't helped me connect with him. 
  Darn

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:12 pm

I spotted him on the commercials for it but really couldn't really remember him well. Had my sonn look it up for me,(knew it was in the Die Hard movie you mentioned).

Caught up on the show by "on demand Saturday. Seems like it's starting to get better. But I still don't know and so therefore will hold back a final judgement on the show.
Still having difficulty reasoning why it's taken so long for these people to "head for the hills". Are they really that dumb. Or, like in the real world is the general population being kept out of the loop as long as possible.
 Don't care for the drug addicted son nor his sister. Maybe if the characters stick around some maybe they'll become assets to the family. Don't like the mom. They can cut her loose. The dad,(Die Hard dude), I find myself understanding, but he still seems too dumb.

Have heard that it will have a full season plus one more. I'll give it a few more episodes. See  what happens.
Flower
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Fear the Walking Dead 11986306_894058454013509_8329071363832269995_n

LOL...yep, that's about right....

As per the last episode it sounded like they were getting ready to head for the hills but the husband went after his son and the wife was waiting for them to get back. With him being stuck in that shop with his son and ex he called his wife and told her to go without him and he'd catch up. She refused.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:28 am

I can understand the delay in heading for the desert - utter shock and total confusion about what is happening.  Rounding up loved ones, etc.  Didn't all this hit the fan in the space of one afternoon?  But it doesn't help warm me to this group.  My neighborhood has more appealing faces.

What's odd is their showing a couple of episodes, then having a broadcasting break of a couple of weeks.  If our comments reflect the general population, they could lose a number of viewers due to people finding something else to watch in this time slot.  The show just isn't that compelling at this point.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:30 am

Singly, someone posted on a group for TWD that I'm a part of that since it was Labor Day weekend they chose to show a rerun to delay the season finale to end the week before TWD comes back on.

As to this crazy family, as soon as I saw some of the things they saw I wouldn't have hesitated for a moment to pack up things and run for the hills. They wouldn't know in the beginning of the apocalypse what we have seen later that it has affected everyone everywhere.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:36 pm

But you couldn't leave your family members behind, not knowing if they'd get sick or killed.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:00 pm

True. But I would have gathered up family members as soon as things were looking questionable. If the one son refused to go then as much as it would have killed me inside, I would have left with the rest of my family to protect them. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top