Survivor 29 Blood vs Water (2014)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor 29 Blood vs Water (2014) - Page 3 Empty Re: Survivor 29 Blood vs Water (2014)

Post by rkc1960 Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:44 am

I think they missed the boat in not getting rid of Jeremy when they had the chance before the merge.

It would have been interesting to see just how Jon and Jaclyn would have voted if there had been a tribal counsel last night. They keep going back and forth but I just think Missy and Baylor seem a bit sneaky to me and shouldn't be trusted.

I was ok with Julie but don't know what to think after last night's episode. Wasn't sure how she ended up with trail mix in her bag. If the food had been evenly split and she put hers in her bag then that would be one thing. Was she taking handfuls and sticking it in her bag while the others were thinking she was eating it? If that is the case then it isn't right but then again I'm not crazy about the others going thru her personal belongings regardless of the circumstances. That's stealing too. That kid with the long hair (can never remember his name, that's how much he doesn't stand out in my mind) doesn't have to be so obnoxious regardless. He needs to shut his mouth or go home as well. He reminds me of a punk kid. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Survivor 29 Blood vs Water (2014) - Page 3 Empty Re: Survivor 29 Blood vs Water (2014)

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:55 pm

I agree that they should have gotten rid of Jeremy when they had the chance ~ with the way that Jon & Jaclyn keep going back and forth Jeremy may be kept around.  I have never cared for Baylor and really haven't been able to stand Missy since the change had taken place and she ended up on the same team with Baylor.  Alec is the name of the guy with loud mouth and his brother wasn't any better but at least he was sent packing.

The ones I liked the best were Dale and his daughter Kelley.  Why they were voted off is beyond me when they have a whole lot of others that should have gone IMO.  The only one left now that I halfway like is Wes but his son was bugging me last night.  I am just not into this season and I think it is because of the cast - they just are that not likable to me.  Yuck
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:03 am

I agree SLA. I don't know what their deal was with Dale and Kelley and why they thought they needed to get rid of them to better their game. There are plenty of others left that will turn on a dime and vote your butt out without a second thought. I don't like this cast either. There are way too many shifty ones and the fact that they can't hold onto flint and can't manage the rice shows that they can't play the game the way that others on previous seasons have. They have needed too much help to get back on their feet yet they sit there all cocky thinking they are the cat's meow.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Yep rkc and Jon's the one that lost the flint and Missy is the one that could care less about needing to ration out the rice.  Both of these yahoo's think that their's doesn't stink.  I would like to see them both be sent packing. Thumbs up!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:25 am

Yeah, this is pretty pathetic. This show is called Survivor....not Let's Make A Deal. If you can't man up and survive then stay home.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:27 pm

I almost forgot to comment on this weeks episode. Talk about a blindside! Thank God Jeremy is gone. Him and Natalie just think they run this game and everyone in it. It was so transparent when they both traded their spots with Jon and Jaclyn in the reward challenge what they were doing. It made me laugh when they tried to play it off as them doing out of the goodness of their hearts. Everyone knows it was to assure (at least they thought so) Jon and Jaclyn's allegiance.

Next week they show Natalie out for blood because her buddy got sent packing. She's just mad because she thought she had this in the bag and now she's scrambling. She needs to go home next.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:11 am

I just think that this cast (especially what's left of it) are just pathetic.  It is almost hard to even watch anymore.  Both Jeremy and Natalie were fools and Jeremy found out real fast what happens to fools.  Crazy
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:51 am

Yes, that is a good definition of this cast....PATHETIC. This has got to be the oddest season I remember them ever having. When they were drinking champagne on that boat during the reward and toasting to themselves being the best at this game I was glad I wasn't drinking anything at the moment because I would have sprayed it all over as I choked when they said it.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:29 pm

rkc1960 wrote:Yes, that is a good definition of this cast....PATHETIC. This has got to be the oddest season I remember them ever having. When they were drinking champagne on that boat during the reward and toasting to themselves being the best at this game I was glad I wasn't drinking anything at the moment because I would have sprayed it all over as I choked when they said it.
LOL   ROFL
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:23 am

Don't know how many of you if anyone stuck with this season until the end. Since my BF also watches it I finished the season out.

I was disappointed that Natalie won because I think she was such a bitch. Grudgingly I had to admit though that out of the final three that she played the game the best, even if her play was over the top back stabbing. Had to admit also that the play she did to blindside Baylor was funny. I think the only reason Baylor took it so well was because her mother was still in it and she was hoping she would win and therefore she would benefit.

Looking back at the final tribal counsel where the final three stated their case as to why they should be the winner was pretty dull but there were a few interesting moments. We all knew who Baylor would be voting for but still to get up there and basically just pump her mother up in the eyes of the other jurors was not necessary...and it also didn't help her case as it seems she was the one with fewer votes in the end. Missy should have taken herself out of the game when she got injured. Once that happened the only way she got to the end was to have her alliance carry her since she couldn't compete in the challenges. I don't think that was fair to the ones that weren't in that alliance and were fighting for their life in the game. That speech that Reed gave about Missy being the "evil stepmother" in the game was over the top but the look on Missy and Baylor's face was priceless. Baylor flip-flopped so much during the game due to how her mother was voting or Natalie. It didn't matter if someone had done something for her and she really did owe them a favor or not...and I'm sure that is what set Reed off. Also, when Reed called Baylor a brat and Missy went off on him. Baylor is old enough to take up for herself...and besides that, Baylor WAS a brat.

I also don't think Jaclyn did all that much to get herself to the end. Jon kind of got her there in my opinion. He kind of played the "I'm the man and I'll make the decisions on how we play this" role. Not that Jaclyn agreed with everything and that is what caused that funny argument between them. Speaking of that argument, during the reunion Jeff Probst brought that up how he noticed that the viewers that watched divided their opinion of that based on whether they were a man or woman. As we were watching it here, my BF thought Jaclyn was being a bitch. Maybe she was in a way but I couldn't help but think that if I had an opinion and I wasn't being heard by my BF that I would start to get pissed too. 

Anyway, glad this season is done. These people need to go home and think about how stupid they came off on this season. lol. It just makes me kind of sad that once again like last season, with Natalie winning this that it gives the message to kids watching that anger, backstabbing and downright wickedness wins you a prize at the end.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:19 pm

Rkc I did more or less hang in there to the end.  I was sorry to see Natalie win and sorrier that Keith was not in the final three.  I think that Jaclyn made a mistake in taking Natalie and not Keith.  I did enjoy the dressing down Keith did to Natalie though about her dishonesty during the game.  

I totally agree with you about Baylor and I think that was the only vote that Missy got.  I didn't like either one of them and  thought that Reed's pet name for her was very appropriate.

I am just glad that it is over and hope that they do a better job of selecting the cast for the next season. Rolling Eyes
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:44 am

rkc1960 wrote:
It just makes me kind of sad that once again like last season, with Natalie winning this that it gives the message to kids watching that anger, backstabbing and downright wickedness wins you a prize at the end.

I'm finding this to be true in many of the shows, rkc.  I know I often sound like a conspiracy theorist, but it's quite obvious that this crap is being promoted.  Regardless of the competition show, the feature is always the private interviews with someone talking crap about another contestant or circumventing trust to get ahead.

TV shows once offered morality lessons in which the good guy always came out on top.  Rotten morality is now rewarded.  It makes me shudder when I hear my grandson talk about how he'd win Survivor.  He says I wouldn't recognize him.  Then again, every boy scout mother knows her son gets his first lesson in cheating and loss of integrity when dad builds his pine box car.  It has become an even stranger world.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:01 am

We were rooting for Keith here as well. I honestly don't know what Jaclyn was thinking by going with the other two to get Keith out. She was just lambasting Natalie right before that for how dishonest she was about how she maneuvered Jon out. I am assuming Natalie had her convinced that because there were so many men on the jury that it was an automatic win for Keith. Maybe it would have been because they took a vote on the reunion show and I guess he possibly could have won. I think he would have been more deserving because he was basically without an alliance and kept himself there by winning challenges...and the fact that he was a good dude and he was still there regardless of Natalie and Baylor's plans for him. I'm also sure that Natalie's blindsiding of Baylor was pitched to Jaclyn as you have to get the stronger of the mother/daughter team out and that if both of them were in the final three that odds were better that one of them would win.   

As to the bad morality lessons this show is sending, I am getting really concerned with the direction this nation is going in a lot of ways. The bad guys are winning and the good guys are losing. An example is what happened to those two NYPD cops a few days ago. Prime example. It's just sickening.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:28 pm

rkc1960 wrote:As to the bad morality lessons this show is sending, I am getting really concerned with the direction this nation is going in a lot of ways. The bad guys are winning and the good guys are losing. An example is what happened to those two NYPD cops a few days ago. Prime example. It's just sickening.
I so agree with you on this rkc and it just sickened me when I heard about it.  I think people are going to think twice about becoming a policeman as it seems it may be open season on them now.  SMH   Hissy fit
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:05 pm

And we can blame the media for making the Missouri shooting national news and striving to generate the "big story."  They instigated a lot of hatred with their coverage of what should have stayed local news.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by lolada Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:07 pm

Natalie played it really well!
I like she won the game.
I kinda liked Jaclyn too, she did great on the last immunity challenge.
Too bad Keith didn't make it to the end. Missy was lucky to get there. Kinda annoying she was always cooking too much rice and so on wasting alot of resources for her and her daughter.

Some nice blindsides on this season.(eg. Jon).
lolada
lolada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top