Bachelor Franchise Chit Chat

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Franchise Chit Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor Franchise Chit Chat

Post by peebeeb Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:17 pm

therealdfshary wrote:
peebeeb wrote:The gal with the first impression rose is annoying, I guess she's this season's jerk.

She's a mom so that entitles her to extra time, etc.? Please let the bimbos go early.
I was a single mom and believe me it's no bed of roses.
Oh I know that, my mom was a single mom for a very long time. My problem is her thinking that it makes her entitled to more time with him, etc.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Ten years doesn't seem like that big an age gap to me, especially when women are usually more mature than men, and as you get older, it's less of a problem.
I don't think a big age difference is a huge problem in 30s, 40s, but I think it becomes more of a problem, not less, in older years.  When one person is say 55 and the other is 65 or older, there is a big difference in energy, sex drive, and priorities.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 pm

I agree peebeeb. That was irritating when Chelsea said that her being a mother untitled her to more. How does she figure? Also when she said that normally she isn’t aggressive or forward, or however it was she worded it. Basically saying she is not how she is making herself appear. That’s BS. You don’t normally stray too far from how you really are as a person.

As to Andi Dorfman, she is another aggressive female. I think most people would prefer her to just go away. Ok, she did the first book, same as a few others, but what more can she say that anyone would really be interested in hearing at this point? She is definitely a prime example of someone that went on this show to try to be famous.

Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Well, Andi is a lawyer and they like to write.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:07 pm

And also like to make loads of money. Hence the books!
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Jef Holm has bet $5k that Arie's relationship with f1 won't last a year.  Sounds like Jef is trying to get his name back in the news by riding Arie's coat tail.  I guess the friendship he once had with Arie ended on bad terms.  They were partying and going from sorority girl to sorority girl.  Kind of odd that Arie was supposedly so in love with Emily, and Jef was engaged to Emily, then they became good friends.  That's the bach way.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Franchise Chit Chat - Page 2 Empty Mike Fleiss is way out of line this time...

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:37 pm

REALITY TV
January 26, 2018

Dad’s not mad, he’s just disappointed. During the 2017 season of The Bachelorette, franchise creator and executive producer Mike Fleiss presented the perfect bachelorette: Rachel Lindsay was no-nonsense, ebullient, and good on camera. Lindsay was the franchise’s first black lead, and arguably the best ever. But Fleiss isn’t happy with how his beloved Bachelor Nation received Lindsay, given the series’ ratings dip during her season. “I found it incredibly disturbing in a Trumpish kind of way,” Fleiss told the New York Times. “How else are you going to explain the fact that she’s down in the ratings, when — black or white — she was an unbelievable bachelorette? It revealed something about our fans.”

So how will fans respond to even more diversity? As NBC broadcasts those other winter games, ABC will introduce the Bachelor Winter Games, a Bachelor in Paradise–style show with contestants from franchise’s domestic and international editions. Fleiss is determined to make Bachelor Nation eat their veggies: “I’m raring to try it again,” he told the Times about casting another nonwhite lead. “I think it’s important.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:43 pm

I accidentally sent the above post without commenting.

Mike Fleiss is an ass. To make a claim that people not watching Rachel’s season as “Trumpish” is low, even for him. A lot of people didn’t watch it because they found her boring. For him to make the statement that because her ratings were low that it revealed a lot about the fans Just alienated a lot of them and was a slap in the face to people that has kept his crazy show on the air for years. He ought to be replaced for saying something so damning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:13 pm

I find it hard to believe they found Rachel boring.  She was one of the most interesting bachelorettes they have ever had.  Ashley Hebert was boring.  A few others were boring, but not Rachel.  How do you know they found her boring?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:17 pm

I'm glad at least Fleiss will cast more non-white leads.  He's brave enough not to pay attention to the ratings during Rachel's season.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 am

Whoa.  It doesn't seem like a good move on Fleiss's part.  He's always been an ass, but that won't sit well with a lot of viewers.  He's probably confident that the show will continue regardless, but still...

I had read that the ratings were low for Rachel's season, and I don't know why people would find her to be a boring bachelorette.  I know she lied much after the finale, like saying she wasn't in love with Peter, but I didn't think she was boring.  

I've disliked Fleiss for years.  This latest news just takes the cake.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:16 am

I thought a lot of people didn't like Trump.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:22 am

That's true.  I just think the implication is bad.  It's the inferences some viewers could make from Fleiss's statement that I think won't sit well with them.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:10 am

I follow Fleiss on twitter (in case he ever reveals an interesting Bach tidbit) not through any admiration for him. Anyway, he makes no bones about despising Trump so I'm not surprised by his statement. 

By the way he never has revealed anything juicy about the franchise!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:26 am

Oh.  I've never followed Fleiss on Twitter.  I actually don't care to see what he has to say, at least not enough to follow him.  It seemed like from his tweets, discussed here, teasing people about who would be the bachelor, that he was driving people batty.  I would have tired of it soon anyway.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:15 am

Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) wrote:REALITY TV
January 26, 2018

Dad’s not mad, he’s just disappointed. During the 2017 season of The Bachelorette, franchise creator and executive producer Mike Fleiss presented the perfect bachelorette: Rachel Lindsay was no-nonsense, ebullient, and good on camera. Lindsay was the franchise’s first black lead, and arguably the best ever. But Fleiss isn’t happy with how his beloved Bachelor Nation received Lindsay, given the series’ ratings dip during her season. “I found it incredibly disturbing in a Trumpish kind of way,” Fleiss told the New York Times. “How else are you going to explain the fact that she’s down in the ratings, when — black or white — she was an unbelievable bachelorette? It revealed something about our fans.”

It revealed "something about our fans" - WTH ?#@?$ .  Fleiss makes a broadstroke generalization that people who watch Bachelor are Racists - Up yourz Fleiss, you big Bigot.  Maybe people don't watch your stoopid show because it's become less reality and more scripted, contrived and predictible....plus, the B'ette version is always plain boring compared the the Dude version.  You Big Blister. 

Maybe Fleiss outta work more on keeping the leaks of the finale from getting to RealitySteve, or quit trying to create Drama and formulas.   Friggin Moron
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:10 pm

Hey, Monkey, you are right on about that.  All Fleiss knows is that ratings were down.  The reasons why could be lots of things and may not be race related at all.  Maybe it was the men that season who were not interesting enough, or the dates.  Who knows?  

The show is going down hill for many reason.  To me the biggest reason is SPOILERS.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:01 pm

Monkey, you put it in the way I was actually thinking it...I just tried to tone it down. LOL

Lesallee, I don’t follow Fleiss because he has nothing to say I am interested in hearing...but I had a feeling that is exactly what the issue was. He hates Trump so he is gonna turn this into a racist issue. In the mean time he just pissed a bunch of viewers off.

Glitters, I have read hundreds of comments about Rachel’s season and the majority said they didn’t watch because they found her boring. That is where I got it from. I didn’t want to mention the fact that many said they didn’t find her attractive at all and that she had an attitude as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:12 pm

One, I wonder if a lot of people say the current bach or bachette is boring and if not, I do wonder if it is a race thing and people are just subconsciously covering it up with she is boring, because there is no way that she was any more boring than any other bachelorette lead.  It is curious that people would say she is boring.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:34 am

Yes, actually a lot of people said the current bachelor is boring.  More than Rachel?  can't be sure.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:32 am

Boring? Not boring? I think the franchise is just aging. So many seasons of basically the same thing eventually leaves people indifferent. I know I don't watch with the same attention I used to because it has become soooo predictable. I liked Rachel because she is a strong, accomplished woman but the storyline often made her a Bach Franchise cardboard cut out. 

Seasons that bored me to tears I just abandoned, with no regrets. Ben Higgins for one, JoJo Fletcher.  Never watched Andi Dorfman at all. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Lesallee, I think you have zeroed in on something that I think is the true reality. This show has indeed become so predictable. That could be a really good reason that it is slipping in ratings. Every season the same things seem to happen which is really so contrived. I would rather see things naturally happen even if it was not so “dramatic.” Isn’t that what reality’s tv is really supposed to be? If I wanted to see something scripted I would watch a movie.

As to my personal feelings regarding Rachel’s season, I didn’t think she stood out all that much during Nick’s season so why make her the lead? The truth is she was made the lead because they finally bent to pressure to have a black individual in that position. It was not the fault of the viewers that it took so long for that to happen. Mike Fleiss needs to shut his mouth because that had a lot to do with him that there wasn’t one up to that point. So he needs to stop acting so self righteous about this. If he truly wanted to take a stand on this he would have done it a lot sooner but the truth is he cared more for his ratings.

To me, Rachel’s season was just okay, but what started making me want to quit watching it was that they did exactly what I predicted they would. They started bringing racism into it way too much. To me that wasn’t necessary. And then the icing on the cake was when it was over and Rachel just had so many catty things to say. I have no respect for her anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:13 pm

I agree with you, Lesallee, in the sense that I think most shows especially like this age and they look for new ways to make it fresh.  I'm enjoying this season though.  I will say that quite a few people on this board wanted Rachel to be the bachelorette and so I'm guessing that spoke for the general audience of the show.  When she was announced bachelorette, people seemed very happy about it.  I wasn't that happy with the men who were chosen for her.  It seemed like they were just quickly put together.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:51 pm

During Nick's season, I thought and said Rachel was the only choice for bachelorette.  I couldn't see Raven or any of the others being the bachelorette.  Maybe production had other reasons, I don't know.

Yes, it would be great if they change the formula of the show -- some of the things they do for drama is the same old routine.  I've gotten especially tired of it this season, even though they've had a lot of the same formula for years.   I don't believe they'll ever change it much, at least not enough to make it fresh, as they'll still have millions of fans.  They probably think what they're doing works for them overall.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:42 pm

If they don't listen to their fans what they will have is a cancelled show.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top