Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 21 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 21 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:52 am

Psychee22 wrote:It seems like Lindsey is really hurting.  And the final scores now put her second to the bottom of the leaderboard, I think.  As much as I enjoy his dancing and his person, something is really wrong with how things are scored when Frankie ends the night six points above Jordan and nine points above Lindsey.
...which only happened after adding the scores for the team dances, but that doesn't make it any better.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 21 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:26 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Do you really think I'm asking for reason?  I just want Victoria to leave.
Probably not as much as I wanted to see Frankie wave goodbye, but this stiff nerd will probably make the finals. Does he even realize how much he owes Witney? Again, this was a dance that suited him. Perfect score is like a joker for the next elimination. It should have been him and Drew last night, but Vanessa and Nikki? That's ridiculous. Same bs as last season, when people like Heather, Nancy, and Simone got the axe.
And Psychee, Pure's dancing by numbers only tells half the tale. Drew was probably also saved by Shania's questionable nine last week. Thank God at least her seven didn't hurt Victoria.
Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. Shouldn't have checked the results before watching the show, maybe. That sucked the fun out of it. Soapbox
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 am

Just remember Bro, DWTS is a popularity contest with dancing thrown in. I think I'm past the outrage over deviant judging or unfair advantages, etc. That transformation in my attitude happened about the middle of last season and it's a heck of a lot easier to just go with the flow.

I think the unending trash Vanessa campaign on sm had a great deal to do with her elimination. And that's a shame but something similar happens every season.

I think you are vastly underestimating Drew's popularity. He has a hugely successsful show and people have been asking for a Property Brother on DWTS for ages. He and Emma won't win but I enjoy them. It'll be Jordan vs, Lindsey and I think Jordan will prove victorious. 

Last edited by Lesallee on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:43 am

I hope Jordan does win. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:47 am

I just want to say, this is the worst elimination ever on DWTS.  It is worse than any shocking elimination that has ever occurred previously.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:55 am

Walker7 wrote:I just want to say, this is the worst elimination ever on DWTS.  It is worse than any shocking elimination that has ever occurred previously.

This elimination shocked me for sure. No warning it would be a double elimination just bang, you'both going home. I think I saw Maks' jaw drop when Tom said that.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:03 pm

Team Monster Mash dropped the ball with their dance. It actually bored me and I think 8s were very generous. I think a lot of people assumed they would win just because Jordan and Lindsey were on that team. But Team P of the B had some great choreographers and they produced a beauty of a team dance. 

The trio dances should be fun. I am looking forward to Corbin joining Jordan and Lindsay and I am expecting great things from them. Rashad will be with Drew and Emma. Alfonso with Frankie and Witney.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 pm

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 21 Img_0618
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:28 pm

At least they didn't pick Nikki over Vanessa.  I like Nikki, but I think Vanessa is just more interesting as personality and dancer.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:50 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:It seems like Lindsey is really hurting.  And the final scores now put her second to the bottom of the leaderboard, I think.  As much as I enjoy his dancing and his person, something is really wrong with how things are scored when Frankie ends the night six points above Jordan and nine points above Lindsey.
...which only happened after adding the scores for the team dances, but that doesn't make it any better.

Absolutely.  There were multiple problems of unfairness piggy backed onto each other this night.  Any one of them might have been taken in stride -- we are used to these things after all -- but the combination just made it awful to endure.  

To begin with, we have the problem of a contemporary dance - always judged leniently -- against a paso.  Frankie could not have done an eighth of the moves that Lindsey executed flawlessly in her dance, but he got all tens and she got nines.  We are used to seeing judging based on expectations alone, but when the judges handed nines to almost everyone else, Lindsey's score did not seem fair at all considering the quality of her dancing.  

Then there is the question of the music choice in the team dances.  It was a given that Phantom would justify more smooth and elegant dancing as well as a swelling kind of expectation and grandeur for the judges.   Monster Mash called for craziness, and Len does not like craziness.  

Also making the Monster people go first automatically gave them eights.  If they had gone second, they could have easily received nines, because that dance was NOT six points less good than the Phantom was.  Inferior to the Phantom I will grant you, but not six points inferior when you actually look at how well they danced.  

So again, nothing against Frankie here...  but the overall result seems to have resulted in a topsy turvy mess where the cream of the crop is almost at the bottom of the barrel by a huge margin that audience votes may not be able to overcome.  

And her injury sure doesn't help the outlook!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:54 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Do you really think I'm asking for reason?  I just want Victoria to leave.

I know, Glitters.  I just found those numbers interesting.

With the second C-brother gone, I think Victoria will get all of Maks' votes this week, too, so it seems like she will be one of the finalists.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:29 pm

Lesallee wrote:Just remember Bro, DWTS is a popularity contest with dancing thrown in. I think I'm past the outrage over deviant judging or unfair advantages, etc. That transformation in my attitude happened about the middle of last season and it's a heck of a lot easier to just go with the flow.

I think the unending trash Vanessa campaign on sm had a great deal to do with her elimination. And that's a shame but something similar happens every season.

I think you are vastly underestimating Drew's popularity. He has a hugely successsful show and people have been asking for a Property Brother on DWTS for ages. He and Emma won't win but I enjoy them. It'll be Jordan vs, Lindsey and I think Jordan will prove victorious. 
Sis, like everyone else I know that on this show popularity tends to beat ability, and God knows I've tried to accept that. It just seems unlike you I'm unable to maintain this attitude. On the other hand: if the show failed to have me emotionally invested, why bother watching it anymore?
I know nothing about Drew, his show, or his popularity. I can only judge him by his dancing, and he honestly shouldn't have lasted over Nikki or Vanessa. Sorry, but Jordan Fisher was a better dancer than he'll ever be. I'll give him credit for his fighting spirit though. And I hope you know I could never hold a grudge against lovely Emma (or Witney, for that matter).
As for social media, the bashing of Vanessa is so tasteless and annoying it just confirms me to stay away from fb. She's not the first victim sadly.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:45 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
With the second C-brother gone, I think Victoria will get all of Maks' votes this week, too, so it seems like she will be one of the finalists.
I tend to disagree here, Psychee. Unlike Frankie, Victoria hasn't gotten a single ten from the judges yet. And as much as I admire how Val is nurturing her, so far it's not his best season in terms of choreography. Witney, on the other hand, has delivered some showstoppers this season, and whether we like it or not, Frankie has the momentum right now.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:09 pm

I tell you brother, I've had to work hard at the laid back attitude. Still slip up now and again. But I got way too invested in James and Sharna and had to re-evaluate just why I watch the show. I decided I watch for fun, enjoyment and entertainment and gnashing my teeth in frustration with scoring and perceived biases is not fun. Hence the cosmic shift and now the show is fun again. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Well, some of the people you liked must have won along the way Smile

Last edited by Glittersisgld on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:13 pm

There were an awful lot of Paso Dobles last night.  It's a good thing I like them.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:18 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:There were an awful lot of Paso Dobles last night.  It's a good thing I like them.
So do I. I found them all intriguing; no matter the scores.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:20 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Well, some of the people you liked must have won along the way Smile
Sure they did, Glitters. But more often my special favourites didn't. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:28 pm

I feel that way too, but then I haven't always rooted for the favorite. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:35 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:
I tend to disagree here, Psychee. Unlike Frankie, Victoria hasn't gotten a single ten from the judges yet. And as much as I admire how Val is nurturing her, so far it's not his best season in terms of choreography. Witney, on the other hand, has delivered some showstoppers this season, and whether we like it or not, Frankie has the momentum right now.

I wasn't talking about those fans who vote for the dancer with the best ability.  I was referring to those fans of the C-Brothers who will only vote for one of the "Fam", which includes both brothers and now Peta (plus a few others). Those folks have had to spread their votes until now but now Val is the only one left so I think he will get all of their votes whether or not there are better dancers (or more popular dancers) around.  
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:56 pm

I hear you, but still scores count as much as votes, and Victoria's are lower than Frankie's. And speaking of pros and family busines: not all the Derek fans have stopped watching, and guess who will probably get their votes...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:38 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I hear you, but still scores count as much as votes, and Victoria's are lower than Frankie's. And speaking of pros and family busines: not all the Derek fans have stopped watching, and guess who will probably get their votes...

Judging by the folks who comment on PureDWTS, most of whom are Derek and Mark fans, the votes are getting split now between Lindsey and Jordan.  You need to remember that in addition to Jordan just being too damn talented and personable to dismiss, Lindsay Arnold is seen as a student of Derek's and indeed re-uses a good deal of his choreography from past dances in her current creations.  In addition, I think Derek played a big part in her getting the job.  

So... no, I think their votes are still getting split.

About the only general thing you might say about Derek fans is that it would be really unusual for them to ever vote for Val C. no matter how much they might like his partner.  You see them write things like "Oh, I like her but it's too bad she has Val for a partner."  I'm seeing that now with Victoria.

They aren't so negative about Maks, though.  In fact there are quite a few over there who are dual Maks and Derek supporters. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:13 pm

Victoria and Val-She looked pretty, it was a nice dance and nice choreography. Too be honest I wished she had gone home instead of Vanessa....I had to watch the dance again to even comment on it, couldn't remember it. She is doing pretty good holding her own with Val's sh*t though. Are you taking over for Nikki on 'It's hard for you to come out of your shell or something like that.'

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:56 pm

Jordan and Lindsay- really good Paso to weird music :scratch:I think that's my favorite dance of his. Not too much, not too little, just right! Good comment from David, but it fell on deaf ears because Jordan isn't planning on coming in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th......keep arguing with Len and you might be at home eating Popcorn  watching the Finale...... I still think he is somewhat obnoxious, but I like Lindsay better as the season goes on......I liked it last week when she told him nobody is perfect. Did he really pinky swear with her!?!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:00 pm

Nikki and Artem-I enjoyed this dance and Nikki!!   I guess if it's not high energy it has to be oily.  Artem you did a great job with Nikki this season Very Happy  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top