Season 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 7 Empty Season 7

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:10 pm

DetailsCategory: The Voice Published: 19 September 2014
Season 7 The_Voive_Lead_sept22THE VOICE:
BLIND AUDITIONS PREMIERE

Monday at 8/7c on NBC

THE ‘BLIND AUDITIONS’ CONTINUE WITH COACHES ADAM LEVINE, BLAKE SHELTON, GWEN STEFANI AND PHARRELL WILLIAMS - The “blind auditions” continue and are held in front of celebrity musician coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams. The strongest vocalists from across the country compete to be selected by one of the coaches and fight for a chance to win the title of being named “The Voice.” Carson Daly ("Last Call with Carson Daly") hosts.

THE BLIND AUDITIONS, PREMIERE (TV-PG)

NBC’S HIT MUSICAL COMPETITION SERIES RETURNS WITH GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING ARTISTS GWEN STEFANI AND PHARRELL WILLIAMS, WHO JOIN RETURNING COACHES ADAM LEVINE AND BLAKE SHELTON – In the season premiere, the “blind auditions” are held in front of celebrity musician coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams, who hand pick vocalists for their individual teams. The strongest vocalists from across the country compete to be selected by one of the coaches and fight for a chance to win the title of being named “The Voice.” Carson Daly ("Last Call with Carson Daly") hosts. 

"The Voice" returns with the strongest vocalists from across the country invited to compete in the blockbuster vocal competition show’s seventh season. Internationally acclaimed artists Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams join returning mega-stars Adam Levine and Blake Shelton as celebrity musician coaches, while Carson Daly continues to serve as host.

The show’s innovative format features five stages of competition: the first begins with the Blind Auditions, then the Battle Rounds, the Knockouts, the Live Playoff’s and finally, the Live Performance Shows.

During the Blind Auditions, the decisions from the musician coaches are based solely on voice and not on looks. The coaches hear the artists perform, but they don’t get to see them -- thanks to rotating chairs. If a coach is impressed by the artist’s voice, he/she pushes a button to select the artist for his/her team. At this point, the coach’s chair will swivel so that he/she can face the artist he/she has selected. If more than one coach pushes his/her button, the power then shifts to the artists to choose which coach they want to work with. If no coach pushes his/her button, the artist is eliminated from the competition.

Once the teams are set, the battle is on. Coaches will dedicate themselves to developing their team of artists, giving them advice, and sharing the secrets of their success, along with help from their celebrity advisers. During the Battle Rounds, the coaches will pit two of their own team members against each other to sing the same song together in front of a studio audience. After the vocal battle, the coach must choose which of his/her singers will advance to the next round of competition, while the losing artist is available to be stolen by another coach. Each coach has two steals available during the Battle Rounds.

At the end of the battles, only the strongest members of each coach’s roster remain and proceed to the Knockout Rounds.  Here, the artists will be paired against a teammate once more, but this time they will select their own songs to perform individually, while their direct competitor watches and waits. They are vying for their coach’s confidence and decision to take them to the Live Shows. One superstar, universal advisor will be on hand to work with all of the coaches and their teams as they prepare the artists for this challenge.  But the coaches alone will choose the winner and the artist not selected will be available to be stolen by another coach. Each coach has one steal available during the Knockout Rounds.

In the Live Playoff Rounds, the top 20 artists will compete to secure a spot in the Live Shows. Artists will perform live and America will vote to save their two favorite artists from each team. The coaches will then save one remaining artist to complete their roster. The remaining contestants will move on to the final phase of the competition, the Live Shows.

In the final live performance phase of the competition, the top 12 artists will compete each week against each other during a live broadcast. The television audience will vote to save their favorite artists. Three artists with the lowest number of votes will be eligible for the "Instant Save." These artists will each perform a new song that represents why they should earn the save. Then, America will have the opportunity to save their favorite performer by tweeting out #VoiceSave along with the artist’s name.  The two singers with the lowest number of votes will be sent home each week. In the end, one will be named "The Voice" and will receive the grand prize of a recording contract.

"The Voice" is a presentation of Mark Burnett’s One Three Inc., Talpa Media USA Inc. and Warner Horizon Television. The series is created by John de Mol, who executive-produces along with Burnett, Audrey Morrissey, Stijn Bakkers and Lee Metzger.

http://tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-04-11/the-voice/11547-the-voice-blind-auditions-premiere
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Empty Re: Season 7

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:14 pm

DetailsCategory: The Voice Published: 22 September 2014
Season 7 The_voice_leadTHE VOICE
RECAP FOR SEPTEMBER 22, 2014

Hello, and welcome to The Voice on NBC. Tonight is the season premiere, which means new blind auditions and new judges. We are happy to welcome Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams to the panel. As always, Carson Daly is hosting.

Contestant: Luke Wade

Song: That’s How Strong My Love Is by Otis Redding. 

Turns: Everyone

Choice: Pharrell 

Contestant: Clara Hong

Song: Chuck E.’s In Love” by Rickie Lee Jones 

Turns: Gwen, Adam and Pharrell 

Choice: Adam

Contestant: Bryana Salaz

Song:  “Problem” by Ariana Grande

Turns: Blake, Adam and Gwen. 

Choice: Gwen

{sidebar id=8}Contestant: Dennis Bell

Song:“She Used to Be Mine” by Brooks and Dunn 

Turns: None

Choice: N/A

Contestant: Damien

Song: “It’s So Hard to Say Good-Bye to Yesterday” by Boyz 2 Men.

Turns: Everyone.

Song: Allison Bray

SongMerry Go ‘Round” by Kacey Musgraves 

Turns: Adam, Blake, Gwen

Choice: Blake

Contestant: Megg

Song: “Celebrity Skin” by Hole

Contestant: Taylor John Williams

Song: “Heartless” by Kanye West 

Turns: Adam and Gwen

Contestant: Elyjuh Rene

Song: “XO” by Beyonce. 

Turns: Pharrell and Adam 

Contestant: Bianca Espinal

Song: “Foolish Games” by Jewel. 

Contestant: James David Carter

Song: “Nobody Knows” by Babyface.

Join us tomorrow for more blind auditions for The Voice. Goodnight.

Follow me on social media:
Facebook: Sammi-T
Twitter: TVG_Sammi
Instagram: TVG_Sammi

http://tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-04-11/the-voice/11696-the-voice-recap-for-september-22-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:20 pm

DetailsCategory: The Voice Published: 23 September 2014
RECAP FOR SEPTEMBER 23, 2014

Hello, and welcome to The Voice on NBC. Tonight is night two of the blind auditions, which have been incredible so far. Let’s take a look at what new talent is in store for the show!

Contestant: Danica Shirey

Song: “Big White Room” by Jessie J. 

Turns: Pharrell, Gwen, Adam

Contestant: Joe Kirk

Song: “Lego House” by Ed Sheeran  

Choice: Adam

Contestant: Menlik Zergabachew

Song: “Santeria” by Sublime

Turns: Gwen and Blake

Contestant: Jimi Milligan

Song: “Get Ready” by The Temptations 

Choice: N/A

Contestant: Regan James

Song: Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran

Turns: Gwen and Blake

{sidebar id=8}Contestant: Taylor Phelan

Song: Sweater Weather

Turns: Everyone

Choice: Pharrell

Contestant: Caitlin Lucia

Song: (I miss it?)

Turns: None

Contestant: Sugar Joans

Song: Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin

Turns: Blake and Gwen

Choice: Gwen

Contestant: Taylor Brashears

Song: You Ain’t Woman Enough To Take My Man by Loretta Lynn

Turns: Adam, Blake and Pharrell

Choice: Blake

Contestant: Andy Cherry

Song: Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears

Contestant: Maiya Skyes

Song: Stay With Me by Sam Smith

That’s all for tonight! Join us next week for more blind auditions for The Voice on NBC. Goodnight. 

http://tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-04-11/the-voice/11746-the-voice-recap-for-september-23-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:24 pm

DetailsCategory: The Voice Published: 29 September 2014
RECAP FOR SEPTEMBER 29, 2014

Hello, and welcome to The Voice on NBC. Tonight starts week two of the blind auditions and with the talent already red-hot, the judges (Gwen Stefani, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Pharrell Williams) are going to have a tough time on their hands once we get to the next round!

Contestant: John Martin

Song:“Sweet Pea” by Tommy Roe.

Turns: Gwen, Blake, Pharrell

Contestant: Jessie Pitts

Song: True Story” by Brandi Carlile.

Turns: Blake and Gwen

Contestant: Michael Stein

Song: “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” by the Charlie Daniels Band. 

ContestantRicky Manning

Song: “Love Me Again” by John Newman

Turns: Blake and Pharrell 

Contestant: Kelli Douglas

Song:  “Danny’s Song” by Kenny Loggins.

Turns: Adam, Blake and Gwen

Choice: Adam

Contestant: Blessing Offor

Song: “Just the Two Of Us” by Bill Withers. 

Contestant: Troy Ritchie

Song “Out Of My League” by Fitz and the Tantrums

Turns: Gwen

Contestant: Cole Wilkinson

Song:  Classic” by MKTO 

Contestant: Mia Pfirrmann

Song:  “Unconditionally” by Katy Perry

Turns: Adam and Blake 

Contestant: Bree Fondacaro

Song: “It Ain’t Me Babe” by Johnny Cash

Turns: Blake

Contestant: Anita Antoinette 

Song: “Turn the Lights Down Low” by Bob Marley

Turns: Gwen and Blake

Join us tomorrow for more of The Voice on NBC. Goodnight.

Instagram: TVG_Sammi

http://tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-04-11/the-voice/11808-the-voice-recap-for-september-29-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:09 am

So far this season it looks like there should be some good talented singers. Some I didn't think were all that great but should get better with some coaching and nerves  being stabilized.

Definitely the stand out moment of the night for me was the 15 yr. old girl that sang "At Last"...Wow!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:41 pm

I agree with you rkc on the 15 year old girl and can't wait to see how she does in her next performance.

I think this is going to be a very good season especially by the time it gets to the viewers getting to vote.  Now that the coaches are down to needing only 2 more contestants each to fill their teams I think they are going to be very  selective and fight very hard for the ones they want.  Next week should be very interesting to watch.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:28 am

DetailsCategory: The Voice Published: 13 October 2014
NBC, the voice battle rounds
RECAP FOR OCTOBER 13, 2014

Hello, and welcome to The Voice on NBC. Tonight we begin the Battle Rounds, which puts singers of each team up against each other to determine who will stay and who will go home. If one is eliminated, another mentor will have a chance to steal. For those who have never watched, an example would be if two people from Gwen’s team go up against each other, one stays with Gwen and then Pharrell, Blake or Adam will have a chance to steal the one not chosen and add them to their team. Get it? Got it? Good. There will be a test later—100 multiple choice questions and you can’t use your notes. I might even be evil and make it into a scantron test. (Anyone else remember those?)

Anyway, let’s begin! Tonight’s advisors are Stevie Nicks, Little Big Town, Alicia Keys and Gavin Rossdale.

Team: Pharrell

Battle: Ely Juh Rene vs. Maiya Skyes

Song: If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys

Winner: Ely Juh

Steal: None

Team: Adam

Battle: Chris Jamison vs. Jonathan Wyndhum

Song: Young Girls

Winner: Chris

Team: Gwen

Battle: Jean Kelly vs. Sugar Joans

Song: Survivor by Destiny’s Child

Winner: Sugar

Steal: Adam and Pharrell

Jean’s Choice: Pharrell

Team: Blake

Battle: Craig Wayne Boyd vs. James David Carter

Song: Wave on Wave

Winner: James

Steal: Gwen

Craig’s Choice: Gwen

Team: Gwen

Battle: Amanda Lee Peers vs. Taylor John Williams

Song: White Stripes by Dolly Parton

Winner: Taylor

Team: Pharrell

Battle: Luke Wade vs. Griffin

Song: Maybe I’m Amazed by Paul McCartney

Winner: Luke

Steal: Blake

Griffin’s Choice: Blake

Join us tomorrow for more battles on The Voice. Goodnight!

http://tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-04-11/the-voice/11946-the-voice-recap-for-october-13-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:25 am

DetailsCategory: The Voice Published: 20 October 2014
the voice battle rounds
Season 7 Oct13_TheVoice_leadTHE VOICE
RECAP FOR OCTOBER 20, 2014

Hello, and welcome to The Voice on NBC. Tonight is the second week of the Battle Roundswhich means more heartbreak, steals and people getting closer to making their dreams come true.

Team Adam:

Battle: Damien vs.Kelli

Song: Knock On Wood by Otis Redding

Winner: Damien

Battle: Matt vs. Ethan

Song: Yellow by Coldplay

Winner: Matt

Team Gwen:

Battle: Jessie vs. Ryan

Song: I Still Need Your Love by Ellie Goulding

Winner: Ryan

Steal: Blake

Team Pharrell:

Battle: Katriz vs. Blessing

Song: Do I Do by Stevie Wonder

Winner: Katriz

Steal: Adam and Gwen

Battle: Danica vs. Toia

Song: Halo by Beyonce

Winner: Danica

Steal:  Gwen and Adam

Team Blake: 

Battle: Bree vs. Taylor

Song: You’re No Good by Linda Rondstadt

Winner: Taylor

Join us tomorrow for the next set of Battle Rounds. Goodnight.

http://mail.tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-04-11/the-voice/12031-the-voice-recap-for-october-20-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:45 pm

This is shaping up to be a good season. It's a shame that they put so many good singers together for the battle rounds. One stays and one goes unless there is a steal. The problem is that people are saved with a steal in the beginning and so many good singers fall through the cracks because no steals are left at the end. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:49 am

It was really sad to me to see some of those singers get let go because they were really good.  I guess it would be hard to decide who you want to steal and also knowing that you only had two saves so you wanted to wait for that special one.  I think that Gwen waited too long and let some go that she liked better than the one she ended up with but maybe not.  I do agree that this is shaping up to be a good season though.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:20 pm

I was a little confused this week. Definitely thought Katriz Trinidad would have gotten stolen by someone. She's not the only one I'm confused by. Maybe these coaches are looking for something that I definitely wasn't looking for in an awesome talent. Some of the people that won the rounds and were stolen didn't seem to me to be the most talented in this competition. Weird.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top