Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 12 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 12 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Lesallee wrote:Psychee I am referring to the beating Vanessa is taking on sm. It's brutal. She is being called horrible names by people who know nothing about her. Maks is getting some too but the lion's share of abuse is aimed at Vanessa. And if you think that won't impact her position on the show - well, I beg to differ.

The posted comments are indeed awful.  Social media should be called "Anti-social media" much of the time, I think.

But I have to wonder if these kind of comments are being made by people who would not have voted for her anyway, though I suppose some of Maks' fans might think they are circling the wagons in defense of him by participating.  

I do have to say that as just a viewer, I'm not seeing any diva behavior from her on the show so far.  I don't see any "bad edits" yet, anyway.  They seem to just be portraying her as a happy camper.  (Sort of strange, actually -- they usually amp up arguments, don't they?) 

And I wonder what percentage of viewers who vote seek out or read message boards.  

Anyway... Vanessa and Maks need to do a rumba this week... should be interesting! 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 12 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Several scandal sites targeted Vanessa before the show even started. So many people believed every nasty word and the slicing and dicing of Vanessa was up and rolling. Yes I believe it will impact her votes because these people do indeed vote. Remember Heather was nailed repeatedly by the trash sites and it cost her. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:07 pm

I wonder if this is coming from some kind of truth.  Why would they be saying these things about her?  I have always had a negative vibe about her from the way she acts in other areas that just comes through, but I never heard anything bad about her.  I wonder if people know something about her.  This reminds me of the I hate Brenda situation from the Beverly Hills 90210 series.

Last edited by Glittersisgld on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:07 pm

Lesallee wrote:I just think everything points to a Lindsey win. I believe, always have, that the show has a preferred winner and Lindsey and Mark are this season's pick. It doesn't always work the way the show would like and I think Nyle was an example. Just my thoughts, I'm not claiming it to be factual.
You know that we have the same antennas, sis. However in this case it seems we're getting different signals. I don't see any favoritism for Lindsay and Mark so far. Not that the show didn't make excessive use of that in the past. My impression is though that this was cut back when Joe Sungkur took over. Last season TPTB just let things happen, Heather, Nancy, and Simone went home, and gramps came in second.
I stick to what I said earlier, that this time it might as well be Lindsay's turn with Jordan. (Come on- Lindsey or Lindsay; what's the difference? Just one letter. Laughing )
We all know the judges tend to run their own race, and we may have seen it start already, but there is still a chance they balance each other or the voters override them.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:44 pm

You know what bro? I think I'm not very invested in this season. My favourite teams really have no chance so I guess I should just chill and go with the flow. And keep reminding myself of Cheryl's words, "It's just little dance show". The Vanessa trashing on sm does make me angry and I haven't even been voting for her. I think I will next  Mon though.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
I do have to say that as just a viewer, I'm not seeing any diva behavior from her on the show so far.  I don't see any "bad edits" yet, anyway.  They seem to just be portraying her as a happy camper.  (Sort of strange, actually -- they usually amp up arguments, don't they?) 
Anyway... Vanessa and Maks need to do a rumba this week... should be interesting! 
Exactly my thoughts; Psychee. Whenever bad boy Maks struggled with his partners in the past, the show would milk it. This time- nothing.
Rumba? Really? Last season Maks was off when Heather had Jazz like Vanessa had now, and he returned for a fabulous Rumba. Just at that point the die was already cast, and Heather went home. Not that I'm supersticious Afraid , but no Rumba please.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Lesallee, you should watch the show and not let this get to you.  It's just a dance show.  The thing with Heather I think was partly because people didn't connect enough with her even though she was a good dancer.  I know I didn't feel a connection with her.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:42 pm

I gave Vanessa all my votes this week, because I'm impressed with her
dancing skills and would like to see her remain in the competition.  
Shame on those SM haters! Mad
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:49 pm

Lesallee wrote:You know what bro? I think I'm not very invested in this season. My favourite teams really have no chance so I guess I should just chill and go with the flow. And keep reminding myself of Cheryl's words, "It's just little dance show". The Vanessa trashing on sm does make me angry and I haven't even been voting for her. I think I will next  Mon though.
I know what you mean, I just would describe it differently.
Your favorites probably won't win; neither will mine. But watching
Drew, Derek and Nick (the latter carrying the burden of Drew's trophy in addition) grow under the expert guidance of our Lovely Ladies is still worth it.
Anyway, there are many potential champions I may pick from. We'll see.  
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:54 pm

I've watched their dance many times and I think Vanessa mounts pretty good with Alan Giggle They got all of my votes, but then she's my fave.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:03 pm

The only people who have my attention are Vanessa, Sasha and Jordan.  I won't say what I think about some of the others yet.  A few of them I'm not sure about yet.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Lesallee wrote:You know what bro? I think I'm not very invested in this season. My favourite teams really have no chance so I guess I should just chill and go with the flow. And keep reminding myself of Cheryl's words, "It's just little dance show". The Vanessa trashing on sm does make me angry and I haven't even been voting for her. I think I willl next  Mon though.

Every season I tell myself I'm just going to enjoy the dancing, but the show is about rooting for you favourite and if I feel mine is getting a raw deal , well as Katy Perry says I'm going to Roar!! Cat all I could find was a kitty cat so meow pffft!!!  Yep they get me hook line and Samba roll every time!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:12 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:
Exactly my thoughts; Psychee. Whenever bad boy Maks struggled with his partners in the past, the show would milk it. This time- nothing.
Rumba? Really? Last season Maks was off when Heather had Jazz like Vanessa had now, and he returned for a fabulous Rumba. Just at that point the die was already cast, and Heather went home. Not that I'm supersticious Afraid , but no Rumba please.

For a minute I thought Maks just let Alan dance because he didn't want to do Jazz and be a limo driver Very Happy

I would like to see Nick and Queen P do a Rumba and Vanessa and Maks do a Waltz.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:04 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:

When I said that they needed to do a rumba, I wasn't clear... they have been ASSIGNED a rumba !!!   Laughing
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Lesallee wrote:Several scandal sites targeted Vanessa before the show even started. So many people believed every nasty word and the slicing and dicing of Vanessa was up and rolling. Yes I believe it will impact her votes because these people do indeed vote. Remember Heather was nailed repeatedly by the trash sites and it cost her. 

So is this a matter of women trolls hating a successful woman who appears to have everything to make themselves feel good?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:13 pm

I don't think that's it. There have been plenty of successful women on the show.  Did they do this with Meryl? 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:15 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
So is this a matter of women trolls hating a successful woman who appears to have everything to make themselves feel good?
You may be onto something. If she was a man, everyone would admire her for achieving her goals.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I don't think that's it. There have been plenty of successful women on the show.  Did they do this with Meryl? 
Meryl won gold for the nation. That surely makes a difference.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:23 pm

There have been other successful women on the show.  Surely Vanessa isn't the only one.  As much as I like her dancing, before she was on this show I found her extremely pretentious and off-putting.  Maybe that's what bothers people.  It didn't make difference for Hope Solo.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:27 pm

What has Vanessa achieved besides being married to Nick Lachey and becoming a TV host?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:What has Vanessa achieved besides being married to Nick Lachey and becoming a TV host?
This sounds like her carreer was based on her marriage, but it was the other way round and she made it on her own. Does she maybe remind you of Ginger Zee too much? Just an idea.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:18 pm

I had no idea who this woman was until this season began, so I have no feelings about her.  (I only knew her husband from his short role in "Charmed" as Phoebe's love interest.)

It seems to me that every season there is (at least) one celebrity who gets "hated on" by the "anti-social media".  

My impression is that when it is directed at women, the remarks seem more venomous, but my perceptions could be biased.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:52 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:What has Vanessa achieved besides being married to Nick Lachey and becoming a TV host?
This sounds like her carreer was based on her marriage, but it was the other way round and she made it on her own. Does she maybe remind you of Ginger Zee too much? Just an idea.
Oh, no way is she like Ginger Zee.  Ginger Zee may be annoying, but she is not in the same class as Vanessa.  There is a big difference between them.  Vanessa has a much bigger personality.  I don't think Ginger comes across as phony as Vanessa.  I'm not sure if it's phoniness, but it's something.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:53 pm

I'm not saying Vanessa didn't make it on her own, but for a long time I only knew her as the girl who married Nick Lachey.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 pm

I guess no one else on here sees Vanessa's facial mannerisms and behavior as exaggerated.  I like expressive people, but she seems so over the top that it comes across as attention-seeking and fake.  But I like her dancing and her behavior seems suited for the show. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 20 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top