Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 7 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 7 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Thoughts on Sasha and Gleb: another couple who really didn't register with me until Tues. night. But then, they made me sit up and take notice. Sasha is a very good dancer and her personality shone. She obviously trusts Gleb implicitly and he is teaching her so well. Gleb is such a wonderful dancer and so dang attractive that I have been guilty in the past of watching him far more than his partner. No longer, these two are a couple and I want to watch them develop. I am grateful that the show is not pushing the sexy Gleb angle this season. Sure he's sexy but he is so much more than that.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 7 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes, I noticed her more on Monday when they did the VW and I don't usually care for VW's.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:03 pm

That's a nice idea, but doubt it happens for the simple fact where does it end. Everyone has charities.

I agree with Derek and Sharna should not be at the bottom.

I thought at first Lindsay was not going to not be 'My cup of tea",but that's changed some. For me Jordan has filled that cup. He does seem to listen to what the judges say whether he likes it or not.

I didn't care much for  Frankie saying there's people that don't work as hard as me, send them home. I do like Frankie and Witney, but when he got that 9 I thought uh oh high score he might be going home. Glad he didn't.
   Vanessa has surprised me also, she's really good. I thought that was good advice from Len to Maks to keep Vanessa focused.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:13 pm

Queen P was not happy with the 6's. Don't blame her, I think nick doing good! What's with this thin lip thing CA keeps talking about?

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:00 pm

I'm really liking Mark and Lindsey.  She is so small and fits right with him, and her dancing looks almost professional already.  Mark is so talented and such a good choreographer, that he can come up with really unique dance steps and different moves and whimsical story lines, etc.  It's always fun for me to watch to see what he will come up with.  Lindsey stays right with him, and seems to trust him implicitly!  I was sorry to see Keo go, but not so much Barbara.  She was fun and perky, but she was clunky and seemed to dance flat footed and wasn't really graceful.  Debbie on Tuesday night was a shocker.  I didn't think she would go so soon.  I think all the dancers have different levels of dance skills, but all are good in their own way.  I'm afraid from now on, each elimination is going to tug at a heartstring!  I can't wait to see the next theme episode, "Guilty Pleasures".  Do you think we'll see Gangnam Style again?
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Thoughts on Vanessa and Maks: I didn't know what to expect from Vanessa. I thought her husband would outdance her but oh man, I was wrong. She is very good, finals calibre good. Maks is very focused on this partnership and is doing some of his best work. Vanessa seems to be having a great time and radiates enthusiasm. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Week 3 Guilty Pleasures Night Dance Styles and Music:

Derek & Sharna: Cha-cha-cha to "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince

Drew & Emma: Argentine Tango to "Red Right Hand" by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Frankie & Witney: Samba to "It's Gonna Be Me" by *NSYNC

Jordan & Lindsay: Charleston to "The Glory Days" by Michael Giacchino

Lindsey & Mark: Jive to "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" by Wham!

Nick & Peta: Jazz to "Jump (For My Love)" by The Pointer Sisters

Nikki & Artem: Viennese Waltz to "Love on the Brain" by Rihanna

Sasha & Gleb: Jazz to "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)" by Four Tops

Terrell & Cheryl: Salsa to "The Breaks" by Kurtis Blow

Vanessa & Maks: Jazz to "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper

Victoria & Val: Quickstep to "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:35 pm

Is Guilty Pleasures week new?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Thanks Maria Christine for the dances and music. Nick and Peta with jazz might have their best dance.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Lindsay can't figure out where Len was coming from either.

Lindsay on len’s cuban heel criticism for jordan’s samba: "I was very shocked that Len said something about the Cuban heel like that, Technically, when you dance a Latin, the male should be in a Cuban heel. On our show, a lot of the time it doesn't happen; a lot of the celebs will opt out and decide to dance in their tennis shoes or something else. In my opinion, that's not true to the nature of Latin. And Len, of all people who gets on us as pros to keep the dances true to their nature, I was extremely shocked that he said something to say about them other than 'Thank you for really staying true to Latin as a style. The truth is that the Cuban heel does enhance the male's dancing, It keeps you on your toes and keeps you away from doing heel leads and there are so many benefits that come from it. I was proud of Jordan for wearing them. From day one, he was like 'I want to wear the Cuban heels. I want to wear what all the pro guys are wearing. I was disappointed in Len for all of the sudden becoming not the normal stickler that he is on that and not commending Jordan for taking on a challenge that most celebrities don't bother to. I was shocked and more surprised that that wasn't something Len didn't appreciate a little bit more. It was a weird comment and taken aback by it. However, it was good for me, because it proved just how well Jordan wants to do in this competition. He doesn't want to just skate by but wants to dive into all the aspects of the show and i love that.”
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:34 pm

Maybe Len will respond to her on the show.  I would be interested to know what his response would be.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Don't think it's going to happen, Glitters. Len would maybe respond to Derek or Maks, but to Lindsay? That would surprise me. In fairness to the old grump, my understanding of his comment was he did not generally call Jordan out for wearing Cuban heels, but for what they did with his feet. They're not a magic carpet; they need practice. Just a guess though.

eta: I watched the video again, and indeed

- Jordan did not wear the Latin shoes in rehearsal and
- that was Len's main critique.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:08 pm

I have read on some of my FB groups that Jordan only got the Cuban heels very shortly before the show. That would preclude much rehearsal time wearing them. 

After Len's remarks I thought he would be deducting a point but strangely, he didn't. Lindsay may have misunderstood Len's comments but Len did not make his point very clearly at all.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Lesallee wrote: ......Too bad about that little dress slip Peta had but didn't she look gorgeous?
I read about Peta slipping on another forum so I watched the dance again. I still don't see where Peta slipped. How far in to the dance is the slip?
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:.........  I like Vanessa's dancing too.  She reminds me of Ava Gardner and Ashley Judd.
Vanessa is a look-a-like to Brooke Burke...........
Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 7 Dlisters_0
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Double post so I deleted this one. Sorry....

Last edited by luvthepros on Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:48 pm

That's true, but they act different.  Lol!  Len or Bruno made the Ava Gardener remark after I thought of it. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:05 pm

kincaid53 wrote:.
   ......  I was surprised Lindsey is 31...she seems younger, not immature just younger.
It must be the puffy pony tails.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:33 pm

Thoughts on Nick and Peta: I thought they were the team to beat before the season started. Based on - I dunno, his Boy Band background maybe. But Nick is pretty middle of the pack right now in spite of Sweet P being his teacher. I see (courtesy of of Maria Christine) that they have Jazz Mon. night. I think Peta can turn that into his best dance. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:00 pm

Lesallee wrote:Thoughts on Vanessa and Maks: I didn't know what to expect from Vanessa. I thought her husband would outdance her but oh man, I was wrong. She is very good, finals calibre good. Maks is very focused on this partnership and is doing some of his best work. Vanessa seems to be having a great time and radiates enthusiasm. 
My thought exactly!! I really thought Nick would be so good, maybe because Drew was. Vanessa is my favorite and I do think she will be in the finals.  Smile
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Well, we cannot be sure Vanessa will make the finals. But as of now, she definitely belongs there. We can only hope last season's elimination madness will not continue.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:07 pm

therealdfshary wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Thoughts on Vanessa and Maks: I didn't know what to expect from Vanessa. I thought her husband would outdance her but oh man, I was wrong. She is very good, finals calibre good. Maks is very focused on this partnership and is doing some of his best work. Vanessa seems to be having a great time and radiates enthusiasm. 
My thought exactly!! I really thought Nick would be so good, maybe because Drew was. Vanessa is my favorite and I do think she will be in the finals.  Smile

She is my favorite too, Shary.  Of course having Maks Man dance as a partner does help solidify my choice Laughing !!
I do hope they make it to the finals!! 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:10 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Well, we cannot be sure Vanessa will make the finals. But as of now, she definitely belongs there. We can only hope last season's elimination madness will not continue.

I agree brother.........the madness must stop!!!  Crying !!!   Jmo Normani should not have been in 3rd place!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:48 pm

luvthepros wrote:
kincaid53 wrote:.
   ......  I was surprised Lindsey is 31...she seems younger, not immature just younger.
It must be the puffy pony tails.

Probably, that and the no makeup, but without the makeup you can tell she is a little older. She's very thin. I hadn't really noticed until I watched their Salsa again. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Thoughts on Frankie and Witney: well I love these two. So glad to see Witney completely engaged again. Frankie is so darn glad to be there he just radiates joy. He's a darn fine dancer too. Another race car driver who can hoof it very well! I think they will be F4, probably won't win but I will enjoy every week they are on. Several sites ran polls as to the best Latin Night performance and Frankie and Witney won all.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top