Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 6 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Lesallee Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:12 pm

No, I know what Len was waffling on about. It was just so typically curmudgeonly old Len throwing in nitpicking criticisms. The Len preferred contestants are again the women. As usual the young, fit guys get frowned upon. Oh well, I accepted years ago that Len will never change.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 6 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by suebob16 Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:13 pm

I was also hoping that Debbie and Alan would have lasted longer too.  Alan did a good job in his first time as a pro, and I hope they will perform some new material for the finale.

Lindsey and Mark are still doing great, and I loved that butterfly dress she wore on Monday night!  It will be interesting to see how Lindsey handles the slower ballroom dances when they come.  I've read other comments that suggest that while she has shone great footwork and personality in the Latin dances so far, she needs to work on her upper body positions.  She has partnered with a violin for a long time, so I can understand those opinions.  Lindsey is used to holding her upper body in a particular way, so the ballroom dances may actually be a bigger challenge for her.  But I'm sure she will master these new skills because she has such a great work ethic.

I wasn't impressed at first with Nikki and Sasha but liked their dances this week, so I look forward to seeing more from them.

And Frankie--wow the first 9 and it's only Week 2!.  Good for him!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:30 pm

I don't want Victoria winning at this point.  It's great what she came back from, but do we always have to be reminded of it?  I feel they are really going to use that.  I don't want to be reminded of it every five minutes, especially when she seems to be dancing fine.  It just seems so manipulative.  And something about her.  That's how I felt last night.  Why is she the only one who had her birthday celebrated on the show?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:41 pm

suebob16 wrote:I was also hoping that Debbie and Alan would have lasted longer too.  Alan did a good job in his first time as a pro, and I hope they will perform some new material for the finale.
How about they perform some new material next week?  (Not for competition, but for our enjoyment.)

After all, I think last night's elimination might have been an error; the judges' scoring and performance order were not right at all.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I don't want Victoria winning at this point.  It's great what she came back from, but do we always have to be reminded of it?  I feel they are really going to use that.  I don't want to be reminded of it every five minutes, especially when she seems to be dancing fine.  It just seems so manipulative.  And something about her.  That's how I felt last night.  Why is she the only one who had her birthday celebrated on the show?
Totally agree, Glitters.
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Okay, I'm not the only one.  Lol!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:56 pm

I don't think Victoria will win but I like her just fine. DWTS always does overkill on things like her health struggle. I am trying to remember other assorted celebrations on the show. Certainly, Sasha and Emma and Maks and Peta when they became engaged but I am sure there were various occasions for the stars too.

Witney got Von Miller a cake for his birthday.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:25 pm

I enjoyed everyone last night, so I really don't have a lot to add. I do wish Debbie had stayed instead of Terrell, I don't dislike Terrell I just liked Debbie and Alan Love better.   There were times Jordan looked a little ballarinish(lol,I'm sure that's not a word) so I sort of get what Len was saying....but bless Jordans heart, he wants to be the best so badly. He's accomplished a lot for 23.
     I was surprised Lindsey is 31...she seems younger, not immature just younger.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:30 pm

I thought Lindsey was younger too.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Thoughts on Jordan and Lindsay: Lindsay's got herself a good one this season and I am happy to see that. Absolute potential to win the MBT. I like Jordan's willingness to learn, take direction and work hard. These two look good together too. I am getting a bad Len vibe towards Jordan though and I hood I am wrong. You know, the old Len is not fond of young, attractive males. I've watched that so often and it makes me go GRRR!

I think the only team that can beat these two would be Lindsey and Mark. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:53 pm

I don't know if I want Lindsey to win, only if I start liking her better.  It seems that Len said something insulting toward a female during the show, though I can't remember who it was.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm a little late and you guys already covered it all, so I'll just add a few thoughts to what everybody else has said.

Generally, being picky is in Len's nature, and don't anybody expect a 74 year old to change. Still my impression is he's in a much better mood and his critiques are more detailed than last season. Tone aside, Jordan and some others can benefit from what he said.

Keo and Alan should be proud, they both did a good job.
Dancewise, I think Lindsey and Jordan have serious competition. Vanessa is incredibly good, and Maks is better than ever. I only ask myself if he's emulating Johnny Cash, because everything he's worn so far on the show was: black.

As for Victoria, I don't think her situation is emphasized more than Noah and Amy's amputations, Nyle's deafness, or even Hinch's car crash for that matter. I like her, and I like what she brings out in Val.
Not too happy with the scores for Derek. I think he's underscored in comparison with Frankie in particular, though I admit Witney is doing great. However, I hope Sharna's efforts will also be rewarded soon. Bottom of the board is not where they belong.

Overall, so far it's one of the best seasons I've seeen. I only found the routines very short so far- I want more dancing from now on. This cast can do it.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:55 pm

I would compare Victoria to Amy, Noah and Nyle only because if they didn't make such a big deal of Victoria, you wouldn't know there was ever anything wrong with her.  With the others it was obvious they had challenges to overcome while they were on the show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:17 pm

But just because her problems aren't obvious (they weren't in Nyle and Hinch's cases either) it doesn't mean they're less challenging.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:23 pm

But she is dancing pretty good.  I find her a little smug or maybe it's that they're making a big deal of it and will continue to.  My opinion may change later.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:30 pm

I think I liked Hinch and Nyle more than Victoria.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:32 pm

The show always emphasizes struggles and challenges, disability, health, self esteem, confidence, etc. that the celebs face. This season: Frankie's broken back has been mentioned several times. Sasha's truggle with her weight is spotlighted. Just an effort to let us get to know them as people. Victoria is a prime example of what  people with non visible problems face. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:36 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I think I liked Hinch and Nyle more than Victoria.

Your personal taste that I respect. I just wouldn't call her smug. For me it is more like amazement what she can do. I will admit it's difficult to rank such people fairly, but so far the judges have struggled more with this than the viewers. 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Thoughts on Derek and Sharna: Derek started off as a sort of "just there" type of contestant for me. That changed. Sharna's fine and talented hand is beginning to show results. Derek is dancing so much better. He was so hesitant to appear in his matador suit (even though he looked great) and that endeared him to me. No, this won't be Sharna's winning season but now I am anticipating their next dance. I had three favourite dances Tues. night, Derek and Sharna were one of them.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:48 pm

I'm glad you also appreciate their efforts. It is difficult this season for Derek and Sharna with such great competition, but I have a feeling they could at least go further than Nick and Peta. Maybe it's really Lindsay's turn to carry the banner of the Lovely Ladies.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:12 pm

The thing with Derek is I'm not sure I find his dancing memorable even if he is good.  I have to watch him more.  I realize they talk about people's physical problems whether it's temporary or permanent.  That's fine, but there's just something different about Victoria.  

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:25 pm

I'm enjoying this season and have been surprised by quite a few of the contestants.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:33 pm

Nick's fan base will likely carry him further than he possibly should go. And Peta is a heavyweight in the fan department too. 

Glitters, I know we need to feel that elusive "connection" with a celeb on DWTS. If you don't feel it with Victoria that's fine; I've been there with other contestants on other seasons. Bindi, Paige, Laurie are some. Right now I like Victoria but my main man is Frankie because I feel that connection!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:37 pm

I like Frankie, especially after his last dance.  I thought it was so sweet when he was saying to Witney that he was really enjoying the dancing.  He seemed so sincere.  I know what you mean by Nick, that his fan base will carry him further than he should go.

Last edited by Glittersisgld on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 6 Empty Debbie & Alan Guilty Pleasures Performance - For Charity?

Post by Walker7 Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Here's a possibility I just thought of. To make up for Debbie & Alan's early exit, sometime later in the season, they could do a Guilty Pleasures performance (complete with package), as if they were still in the running. Even though the viewers can't vote for them, the judges could score them as normal. For every point scored, Debbie could raise some money for the LymeLight Foundation. This sounds like a good idea; there would be money raised for charity, and we would get an extra performance from Debbie & Alan.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top