DWTS Season 24

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 24 - Page 12 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:37 am

What about David lifting Lindsay or is that supposed to be part of the dance?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:57 am

I was shocked that Heather was eliminated. I thought it would be either David or Nick.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:58 am

I was shocked that Heather was eliminated. I thought it would be either David or Nick.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:What about David lifting Lindsay or is that supposed to be part of the dance?
Part of the dance and allowed.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:It seems a strange thing to do to pit women against men in dancing.  Is this a first for the show?  I guess it will be interesting.  I often think women are more interesting to watch when dancing, but maybe that's just when it is a couple dancing. 
They did the same thing in Season 22 with Team James Brown (Antonio, Von, Nyle, and Wanya) against Team Beyoncé (Kim, Paige, Ginger, and Jodie).
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudoplatov Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:25 pm

I didn't find Heather's dances this whole season to be in the top few. Perhaps the voting public thought the same way (but they never agreed with me much.)  I don't like the eliminate sans current night's scores; I'd prefer the two-night format.

Sudoplatov

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm with you on the elimination procedure and the format- but I'm afraid we're the minority here.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:02 pm

We were definitely not happy in our household with Heather's elimination.  I enjoyed her a lot.  I do NOT enjoy Bonner.  That's for sure.  And while I like David - he seems like a really nice fun guy - I am over him at this point.  His dancing does not seem to be improving any more.  If there weren't so many others that I thought were better, I'd be fine with him sticking around a while longer, though.

Nick/Peta - I don't watch The Bachelor, and in general I have not been fans of those contestants, but he seems like a nice guy, and he seems like he has some potential.  He's not taking himself too seriously, and I've enjoyed some of his dances.  This was not one of them, though.  They just plain butchered the music, and it was so slow!  Yikes!  Also, the jive is definitely not his dance. 

David/Lindsay - I do like David, and I'm glad he made it this far.  But it does seem like his time should be running out.  He doesn't seem to me to be improving at all, and I'm getting worried about his physical health.  He seems injury-prone?  Anyway, I thought the AT was okay but not great.  The lift kind of scared me, but mad props to him for never having dropped Lindsay.  We've seen in the past that even some of the big, strong guys have dropped their pros in rehearsals.

Bonner/Sharna - I was just pissed that he wasn't the one leaving.  His dancing is not good, and he has zero personality to speak of.  And unless I'm zoning out during the broadcast, they have completely dropped the showmance angle with those two.  That's a good thing, imho.  Anyway, did not like this rumba at all.

Nancy/Artem - I am really enjoying this couple.  And I enjoy a good paso.  This one was decent.  Not her best work, but better than most we saw, I thought. 

Simone/Sasha - Simone seems like she's starting to show a little personality, which is good.  I liked her crushing on Rashad.  I wish they had given her different footwear, though.  That was awful and made the dance seem kind of clunky or something.  Again, this was good, but I think she's done better.

Rashad/Emma - I adore Rashad.  He just seems like a great guy, and he does seem to have some natural ability.  He was hands-down the best part of the "Boy Band Team."  I liked this tango, but is it just me or does his posture go kind of funky at times when he's in hold?  I don't know exactly what it is - sometimes it seems like he's hunched over or something.  The judges never mention it, so maybe I'm imagining it?  But I do like him and won't be sad if he makes it to the finale.

Normani/Val - I love this team, and I think she's doing a great job.  I liked the dance a lot.  I'm barely knowledgeable on some of these dances, so I didn't think it felt that un-Salsa-like.  I would not be unhappy with a win for her.

Heather/Maks - It was easy to see why they placed her last.  That rumba was gorgeous.  I'm very unhappy she left before Bonner and David, at least.  Seriously, who is voting for Bonner?  And how do we get them to stop?  Ugh.

For us, Girl Group beat Boy Band hands down in the group dance.  The only things I liked about the Boy Band dance was the singing-group imitation at the very beginning, and Rashad as Magic Mike wanna be.  The other 3 guys were not good in that part.  But I have to admit, even as I write that, that overall I enjoyed the dance, but I think that's because they all seemed to be having a lot of fun and not because I thought they were doing a good job.  Too bad about the lighting with the Girl Group, but the quality of their dancing was more than 1 point better than the guys.  I agree with the judges that they could have done more with the choreography, but overall I liked it.

For my money Bonner needs to be the next to go.  After that probably David and then Nick.  Right now I see Rashad, Simone, Nancy and Normani as the final four, with possibly an all-girl final three.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:08 pm

I wonder if they are voting for Sharna and not Bonner.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I wonder if they are voting for Sharna and not Bonner.

That's certainly possible.  Sharna seems to be fairly popular, and I know a lot of her fans are upset that she didn't win the trophy last year with James.  Much as I loved Laurie, James would certainly have been a worthy winner.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:26 pm

I believe Sharna's personal popularity is 90% responsible for Bonner still being in it.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:38 pm

I definitely agree with you as it sure can't be his dancing. Heather was  head & shoulders above him, Nick & David.  Mad
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:10 pm

I've been reading around on FB and other forums and I think there is a Chmerkovskiy backlash going on. Probably fuelled and propelled by the Pure faction and their adherents. With no Derek or Mark to promote their reaction is to yank the  Chmerkovskiys back. And that of course includes Peta and even Sharna to a certain extent. 

Last edited by Lesallee on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Well, I'm sure Peta or Sharna aren't going to win with their partners anyway, but they better not touch Val with Normani!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:45 pm

For people who watch the bachelor/bachelorette, Ali F has been cohosting ET if anyone watches that show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:17 pm

Lesallee wrote:I've been reading around on FB and other forums and I think there is a Chmerkovskiy backlash going on. Probably fuelled and propelled by the Pure faction and their adherents. With no Derek or Mark to promote their reaction is to yank the  Chmerkovskiys back. And that of course includes Peta and even Sharna to a certain extent. 
That makes them pretty vindictive stupid people.  Yuck
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:34 pm

I am preparing myself for a Simone win. A tour has been announced, Val won't be on it and who else but Simone will have the time for touring? Last season Laurie was available to tour, James wasn't and we all know how that turned out. 

An addenda: I hope I'm wrong!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:39 pm

I think Normani is a better dancer and then there is Rashad.  I would hate for Simone to win over either one of them.  Simone is a good dancer, but not that good and the only reason she would be popular is because she is a gold medalist gymnast.  I will really get fed up if she wins.  Do people really have to be that consistently patriotic? 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:30 pm

I really want to believe the win is not depending on who signed up for the tour, but convincing myself is no easy. Let's see if another contender and potential winner is sent home tomorrow. Heather is already out of the way; so Nancy might be next. If it really comes down to Simone vs Rashad or Normani, we know it's likely the patriotism Glitters has mentioned that will make the difference. Only Simone shouldn't make the finals at all. But that's just me. I tend to forget this is not about the dancing.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:34 pm

I forgot about Nancy and she has improved.  So that's 3 people Simone would have to override.  I don't think Simone has it that strong to overcome them. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon May 01, 2017 12:39 pm

Here's some info about tonight's show.  It's Movie Night at DWTS.

The seven remaining teams will “capture the spirit of a specific movie genre – western, romance, silent films, action, horror, sci-fi and foreign.”  While doing so, the couple with the highest judges’ scores will receive immunity and be safe from the evening’s elimination, and they will not have to compete in a Dance-Off.

BUT, there is also a double elimination this week!

La La Land and show choreographer Mandy Moore will actually be a guest judge too!

Check out the Dancing With The Stars Week 7 Songs & Dances below!

Simone Biles & Sasha Farber – SILENT FILMS – Charleston – “Charleston” by Bob Wilson & His Varsity Rhythm Boys

Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess – WESTERN – Paso Doblé – “Rodeo: Four Dance Episodes” by Aaron Copland

Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater – HORROR – Paso Doblé – “O Fortuna” by Carl Orff

Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev – ROMANCE – Tango – “Oh, Pretty Woman” by Roy Orbison

Normani Kordei & Val Chmerkovskiy – FOREIGN – Argentine Tango – “Quizàs, Quizàs, Quizàs” by Andrea Bocelli featuring Jennifer Lopez

David Ross & Lindsay Arnold – SCI FI – Salsa – “Universal Mind Control” by Common

Nick Viall & Peta Murgatroyd – ACTION – Argentine Tango – “Dangerous” by David Guetta featuring Sam Martin

I have to admit I am not crazy about some of these choices.  I love watching folks do the Charleston, but hopefully Simone does it much better than Bonner.  Oy his was awful!  I hate the idea of Pretty Woman as a tango.  Maybe it will be better than I think.  I'm kinda looking forward to Rashad's "horror" paso.  That could be pretty cool.  A western-themed paso for Bonner seems just too 'precious.'  Salsa for SciFi seems an odd choice as well.  I could see jazz maybe?  Anyway, it should be interesting.  They've done movie nights before, but it was dancing to movie theme songs, not trying to interpret a genre.  I'm half expecting this to not work out so well in the end.  We'll see!

Also, NOT looking forward to a double elimination.  If it's not any of Bonner, David and Nick, it will be a travesty.  None of the girls should be going.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon May 01, 2017 1:26 pm

The dance-off pairings should be interesting. A great opportunity for producer manipulation, I'm afraid. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon May 01, 2017 2:26 pm

I have a feeling Simone or Normani will manage to get immunity. It's usually someone who doesn't really need it, and these two have the highest cumulated scores at the moment. This whole immunity thing is nonsense.
Having said that, Argentine Tango for Normani and Val should be a better fit than Charleston (character!!) for Simone and Sasha.
I'm not as eager as Lady Mustang to see Bonner leave, but anyway I'm afraid the time for goodbye may have come. Double elimination however is perfect for another shocker. After Heather last week, anything seems possible.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon May 01, 2017 3:13 pm

I just don't think Simone had what Laurie or Shawn had if I'm comparing gymnasts.  I didn't want Shawn to win, but I knew she was good. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon May 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Let the manipulating begin... or maybe continue.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top