DWTS Season 24

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 24 - Page 15 Empty Re: DWTS Season 24

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon May 08, 2017 4:28 pm

I'm really disappointed to hear the judges picked the trio partners and went with all troupe dancers.  I was looking forward to seeing Maks dance with Val and Normani or Artem with Simone and Sasha.  Witney with Lindsay and David, etc.  The only troupe dancer I can identify is Alan, and I only know him because he was on SYTYCD first.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon May 08, 2017 5:02 pm

I saw this morning that, although they are claiming it was the judges picking in reality it was producer's choices. Who knows why.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:I'm really disappointed to hear the judges picked the trio partners and went with all troupe dancers.  I was looking forward to seeing Maks dance with Val and Normani or Artem with Simone and Sasha.  Witney with Lindsay and David, etc.  The only troupe dancer I can identify is Alan, and I only know him because he was on SYTYCD first.

Glad that Maksim won't be dancing with Normany, that would make me sad Crying or Very sad but sad we won't get to see Sharna and Peta together Sad

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Mon May 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Maybe it's an attempt to start promoting the Troupe more.  The more that the group starts getting recognized with the general public, the greater the possibility of creating more potential pros. Sharna, Emma, Sasha, Witney, and Lindsay paid their dues as Troupe members before becoming pros.  So far this season Alan has stood out because of his work with Heather.  He has proven he can be a backup when needed and an actual pro for the future.

We don't know how much longer ABC will continue with DWTS, but maybe they feel they need to cultivate new pros at a quicker rate because of potential turnover or an increased need for qualified backup pros in case of injuries.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon May 08, 2017 8:21 pm

I think it's a good idea to mix things up.  We get introduced to new people.  We need variety. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon May 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Nothing like the trio on CHONG AIR!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon May 08, 2017 9:39 pm

The Tour is going to be in a city nearby. Thinking about going again, but dang those prices!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon May 08, 2017 9:52 pm

It seems to me that out of the two girls left, in the beginning they complimented one a lot and criticized the other a little more. The second half of the season it seams as though they have switched. jmo. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Mon May 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Good riddance to Bonner!

My votes for this week:

4 for Simone
1 for Normani

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue May 09, 2017 5:19 pm

Lesallee wrote:I saw this morning that, although they are claiming it was the judges picking in reality it was producer's choices. Who knows why.
Haley, Alan, and Britt will be doing the tour. A little promotion never hurts, and they totally deserve it.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu May 11, 2017 10:16 am

The times they are a changin' (as Bob Dylan said) on the 'net. I am predicting a Rashad/Emma win now. Simone and Normani fans are really going head to head now and they cancel each other out. David is widely held to be exiting Mon. night so the only one to come out unscathed is Rashad. I never see a negative comment about Rashad and he has tons of very dedicated fans.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu May 11, 2017 1:16 pm

That's a good point sis. How much do you think the judges will play into this. They do seem to favor Normani, which might be a little bit of a shock to Simone because the judges seem to favor her in the beginning.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu May 11, 2017 1:18 pm

I am still not sure if David will leave next Monday. We might be in for another surprise. Who was last to be called safe this week? Rashad, not Gramp. Who out of the top three didn't get a single ten? Simone. Who could suffer from this 'previous experiene' bs since she's too good? Normani. I have this odd feeling anyone but David is in danger.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu May 11, 2017 1:42 pm

If David doesn't leave next week, I might break my TV unless Simone leaves.  I don't see David being there beyond next week.  He surely isn't more popular than Rashad.  Just because they called Rashad last to be safe, doesn't mean that was exactly the order he came in, does it?  David being there beyond Normani or Rashad just doesn't make sense.  He's not that good a dancer and is kind of bland. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu May 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Glitters, if we're all totally honest, nothing makes much sense this season.
Good dancing doesn't count, as Heather and Nancy found out.
Social media is no reliable indicator. First Heather got the boot, then people wanted her back. Bonner got a lot of negative comments, still made it to week 8. The comments and the votes seem out of balance for me.
Don't break your TV. It's just a dance show.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Thu May 11, 2017 7:01 pm

I think that the show is highly "produced"  and the so-called voting is just a way to keep the audience engaged in the show.TPTB have been so obviously managing the outcome that each season you know who the winner is before the first dance.

That is why the voting and the placements and the social media hype are all over the place .... imho  of course.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat May 13, 2017 7:11 am

Manipulation is always on my mind when I watch this show.  Even Bonner was sick of dwelling on his sob story.  Remember the way Peta focused their dances on Nyle's blindness?  Sob stories resonate with people.  That's why SPCA shows all those sad and neglected animals.  Someone else's dire circumstances or heroic and miraculous recoveries elicit support.

Beyond that topic.... I can't figure out why David Ross is still there.  Right now, I think it's a toss-up between Rashad and Normani.  Simone has had a few good dances.  Otherwise, I haven't been impressed by her.  JMHO

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat May 13, 2017 11:07 am

"I'm not really sure why they wanted to make me look bad and I don't really know why the comments that were made were so disrespectful toward me when I was being judged on the dance floor because I'm probably the least advantaged contestant on that show who's shown the most improvement, and I've worked as hard if not harder then any contestant on that dance floor. Len's comment was all backwords and twisted. I wasn't frustrated because I was still on the show. I was frustrated because Sharna got mad at me for not knowing my steps in that package, so they misinterpreted that. And just to flat out be so disrespectful to say I don't need to be there anymore was really a cut-down to me and I don't really respect it or respect him or any of those judges on that panel except for Julianne. She's the only one that gave a real honest answer and fair critique all season towards me. And she wasn't always favorable towards me, but I felt like she was fair. I think after my third dance there, pretty much all those judges had wrote me off and gave me pretty harsh scores all season. I'm an old broke down cowboy who broke his neck, I'm not a performer who's been perfoming my whole life on stage. I don't know when their fanbase and judges got so harsh on contestants that didn't know how to dance, because to me I thought that's what the show is about. My finale night critiques felt like a personal cut-down and I feel that the judges coordinate with the producers and ABC with how the packages are shown. They see all this stuff before it's shown and they decide what they're gunna say before the dance even happens. I know for a fact that they obviously had some kind of personal thing toward me which I don't understand. Maybe they think I am a major Trump supporter or something like that. I don't know what gives them that personal feeling toward me to make me look like that in front of America... I'm just doing what they hired me to do, which is come out and dance and I gave it my all and they showed zero respect or appreciation for it pretty much after the third week. I don't think I can say how I really feel. Well I would love for them to break their neck and see how it feels to have that metal in their body. When you have a square metal frame in the main central pivot point of your body that makes your whole body rotate and function from your brain to your motor skills to your speech, it's extremely hard to make yourself do those dance moves and be coordinated especially when you lost your coordination 100 percent only 16 months ago. I don't appreciate much of what the judges said throughout the whole season to me. I don't have a lot of respect for it, but I'm thankful for the experience I got to have here, the other people I got to meet, how much I discovered I can move again and inspire others throughout my movement, and the strength that I dug down deep to find and do this."

Bonner's statement. Personally I wish he hadn't written this. Len's comments were inexcusable but I thought Bonner would rise above them. I am somewhat baffled at his animosity towards Bruno and Carrie Anne. As I recall Bruno was never rude or nasty towards him nor do I remember CAI targeting him. The high road is the road less travelled Bonner but it's the best road.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Sat May 13, 2017 11:55 am

I suppose when we feel hurt.we have a tendency to feel the need to vent those feelings! I feel he had a right to say what he felt and shouldn't be judged for them!Whether we agree or not ,it was his journey and as its said walk a mile in my shoes!  It had to be hard dealing with his neck problem! Easy to sit on the sidelines and say what he should feel!  No offence Les Scared
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat May 13, 2017 12:06 pm

I am only saying I WISH he had risen above the fray. Certainly I am not mandating nor condemning his personal feelings. I did not "sit on the sidelines" and comment on his feelings. Bonner himself put this out there so he is being judged (NOT by me) for better or worse for his own words. You are putting words in my mouth that I did not say.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat May 13, 2017 2:12 pm

Thanks for posting this sis.
  Since this is a discussion board, I'll discuss my thoughts on Bonners post:
Only you can make you look bad
Disrespectful...obviously never have seen the show before
Improved most and worked harder than anyone....IYO
Sharna got mad for me not knowing the steps.....then know your steps AND don't blame Sharna!!!
Only respects young pretty blonde judges Flower
Old broke down cowboy...is that what you really think?(or hot young stud cowboy Thumbs up! )
DWTS fanbase, harsh? Should have been on when Chaz Bono, Bristol Palin or Bindi Irwin were on Scared  
Personal thing toward you because you are a Trump supporter?  Giggle Should have saved that one for your book....call Wendy Williams she'll give you a lot of juicy stuff!!
Gave it my all, they showed zero respect after the 3rd week....I don't appreciate what the judges said throughout the whole season to me.....I would love for them to break their neck Shocked ....I don't think I can say how I really feel....I think you're doing a pretty good job of it, Bonner!

I think a better choice for his first stab at a reality show would have been The Bachelor Rose their fanbase would have loved his moves, especially those pelvic thrusts Pickle dance He would have been a big hit in the Fantasy Suite!  We have a winner

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat May 13, 2017 2:27 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I am still not sure if David will leave next Monday. We might be in for another surprise. Who was last to be called safe this week? Rashad, not Gramp. Who out of the top three didn't get a single ten? Simone. Who could suffer from this 'previous experiene' bs since she's too good? Normani. I have this odd feeling anyone but David is in danger.
       I had a feeling that could happen to Normani after Heather was gone. She said her first passion was dance, then she got with 5th Harmony on the X-Factor and it gave her the opportunity to do both. She has experience, but she's only 20. I think one thing that makes her so good is the passion she has for dance. I have watched the Finale where 5th Harmony and our Lovely Ladies dance to 'I'm Worth It' many times Very Happy  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat May 13, 2017 2:37 pm

The Trump reference baffled me sis. Only Julianne and CAI are American so why would Len and Bruno come down on him for being a Trump supporter? How would they even know he was a Trumpeter? 

The pros and cons on FB about Bonner's words are about 50-50. Many are like me, wishing he had taken a higher road. Before he posted this he had been talking about having a crush on Normani and wanting to ask her out - all cute and fun stuff. Then this and I am sorry he let his bitterness get the best of him.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat May 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Doesn't Bruno live in the US?  He bought a house in West Hollywood.  I think most people don't like Trump no matter where they are from.  Some world leaders are just not popular. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat May 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Why would David be safer than anybody else?  I'm pretty sure he is leaving and even if he doesn't, he doesn't exist to me and he certainly isn't going to win.  He seems like a nice guy, but he has to go.  Normani isn't going anywhere.  We could compare her to Nicole Scherzinger.  Wasn't she too good too?  Didn't Normani just get tens in the last show? 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top