DWTS Season 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 17 Empty DWTS Season 17

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 pm

Here's an article from the New York Post today about some possible changes for Season 17 in the fall. Thought you all might find this interesting. Smile
Dancing with The Stars” will have a very different look when it returns to ABC in September.
After 16 seasons, TV’s top-rated competition show is being cut to one night a week and given a radical makeover— which will likely include a shakeup at the judge’s table.
“No one has a confirmed contract yet,” a show source tells The Post. “I think Bruno [Tonioli] will be back, but Carrie Ann [Inaba] and Len [Goodman] are probably gone.
“The network has been very evasive about it.”
“Dancing” will also be losing several of its most popular professionals.
Four-time champ Derek Hough will sit out next season to work on a new scripted show about the world of dance for the Starz cable network. Fellow pro Mark Ballas is also reportedly in talks to appear in his own reality show.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ABC via Getty Images
PADDLED: Judges Cara Ann Inaba and Len Goodman (left and center) may be out but Bruno Tonioli is likely to return next year.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SPLITSVILLE: Finalists Mark Ballas and Aly RaismanFan favorite Cheryl Burke is also unlikely to return, the sources say.
“[The producers] will use this time to figure out how to restructure the show and trim fat off the budget,” the insider says. “The show has become too expensive.”
ABC has declined to confirm whether the dancers or contestants will be asked to accept pay cuts now that the Tuesday night results shows have been scrapped.
Eliminations are now expected to be announced at the beginning of each new episode.
“What made DWTS stand out was that it was always a variety show,” the source notes. “Now it has become just a dancing show.”
Host Tom Bergeron — who is expected to remain — admits he understands the show is in need of an overhaul.
“There’s no denying our numbers have been slipping,” he told Today.com last week.
Ironically, Monday night’s final four performance finale pulled in 15 million viewers — the show’s best numbers since its premiere last spring.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 17 Empty Re: DWTS Season 17

Post by SLA44 Wed May 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks for the information LadyMustang and I agree the show needs an overhaul but I hope they don't cut too deep on the pros. I wouldn't miss Carrie Ann or Len one bit but I sure did miss Maks this last season.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed May 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Thanks for the info, mustang. Sounds like a major shake-up. Couldn't hurt. lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu May 23, 2013 12:32 pm

I missed Maks as well and hope he's back for at least one more season before his contract is up. Some new judges in place of Carrie Ann and Len would be nice, but one report mentioned the possibility of having celebrities judging. That would make no sense to me since I doubt very many celebrities know a darn thing about ballroom dance and so wouldn't know if a performance was really good or not. Now if they could get some of the former pros like Louis Van Amstel or Jonathan Roberts as judges, that would be awesome. Even Corky Ballas might be tolerable as a judge.

Derek and Mark being gone wouldn't bother me, except that I'm afraid we'd get stuck with Henry and Sasha from the troupe as replacements instead of seeing Louis or Dmitry or Jonathan back. I would miss Cheryl, as she usually does a really nice job, but I think she's been on every single season since the 2nd one - maybe even the first. I don't remember. Peta could go. Would love to see Lacey and Chelsie back and definitely would like to see Sharna back again.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu May 23, 2013 4:23 pm

I hope Maks comes back if only for one more season and that would probably the only season that I will bother to watch anymore. The few seasons have rather turned me off especially with the judges.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Thu May 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Well, this should prove to be interesting!Smile I never thought they would break up the three judges, though. It would be nice to see Max back. I would really like to see some of the pros that have never won the mirror ball teamed up with stars that would give them a better chance of doing so. It is nice to see the new faces from the troupe.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 23, 2013 6:33 pm

I agree with you, mustang. I would NOT like to see Henry OR Sasha as new pros. Just can't warm up to either of them.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu May 23, 2013 6:43 pm

BlueMoon wrote:Well, this should prove to be interesting!Smile I never thought they would break up the three judges, though. It would be nice to see Max back. I would really like to see some of the pros that have never won the mirror ball teamed up with stars that would give them a better chance of doing so. It is nice to see the new faces from the troupe.

I agree with you BlueMoon, I would like to see Max back and paired with someone that would give him a chance to win although he has had some good partners but not favorable comments from the judges in the past. Val has been paired with two good partners and has done well but just not able to get the win yet. Tristan should really be given someone that he has a chance with.

Last edited by SLA44 on Fri May 24, 2013 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Judges: I think they all should go, and be replaced by other professional dancers/choreographers. God knows there are enough of them out there. Bruno brings a laugh with his comments, and I think the audiences love him, but I think he needs a tranquilizer or an ADD drug. Too many wild gestures to suit my fancy.

Maks: getting "older" for a dancer, but I hope he comes back for at least one season and keeps his mouth shut. He ought to take some lessons in decorum from his brother. Nevertheless, he is an excellent dancer with an awesome body and he oozes sex appeal. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JMHO FWIW.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri May 24, 2013 7:49 am

I agree, newto. Bruno is also just too lascivious for my tastes. He drools over male and female alike. In any workplace in America (besides the "adult" industry) his comments would be considered sexual harassment.

As for Maks, I'll do my own drooling. lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 8:59 am

Singly - when the weekend is over, I'll change my avatar to a picture of Maks. Then we can [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] together. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri May 24, 2013 10:19 am

newto the boards wrote:Singly - when the weekend is over, I'll change my avatar to a picture of Maks. Then we can [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] together. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I look forward to seeing that avatar newto and I can [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] along with you!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri May 24, 2013 4:49 pm

SLA44 wrote:
newto the boards wrote:Singly - when the weekend is over, I'll change my avatar to a picture of Maks. Then we can [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] together. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I look forward to seeing that avatar newto and I can [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] along with you!

I'll fourth that emoticon. (if I knew how to do it lol)

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Somebody remind me if I forget. Old brain, you know.........

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri May 24, 2013 8:09 pm

newto the boards wrote:Somebody remind me if I forget. Old brain, you know.........

I'll try to remember to remind you if you forget. Let's hope I don't forget to remind you though. LOL!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top