General Chit Chat Season 23

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat Season 23 - Page 7 Empty Re: General Chit Chat Season 23

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:01 pm

It does not surprise me that there are remarks on forums about Allison that are brutal.  You will find brutal remarks about every single woman on DWTS; no matter who the woman is,  there is bound to be a woman on a forum who detests the very essence of her being.

There has not been a single female co-host on the show who has not had to deal with a near constant barrage of criticism from female viewers.  Both CAI and Julianne get trashed.  The female dancers get trashed on a regular basis for any number of reasons.  Even LINDSAY gets trashed as being "too blonde, too dumb,  and too goody two shoes".

Why would TPTB ever take any of those comments seriously?  Folks like this can't be pleased.  They enjoy criticizing.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:15 pm

Talking about Peta coming back to the show got me speculating as to just how soon that could be. Maybe next fall is the soonest we could hope for, Baby Boy Chmerkovskiy will still be very young when the spring season starts.

Oh I do miss Sweet P!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:22 pm

The line-up for the next tour. Not too bad, I think.

General Chit Chat Season 23 - Page 7 14564810
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:12 pm

How are they thinking Lindsay is dumb?  She is anything but.  Some people think anyone with blonde hair is dumb.  I think Emma is too goody two shoes.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:02 pm

I wander around on a lot of message boards and I haven't seen much of any snarky comments about Lindsay. She seems well liked and respected. Witney gets rapped some for being a bit of a camera hog (as perceived by some) and maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:How are they thinking Lindsay is dumb?  She is anything but.  Some people think anyone with blonde hair is dumb.  I think Emma is too goody two shoes.
Emma is perhaps not one of your favorites, but I don't think you are equating her with being dumb--am I right?  I was wondering why you were saying that Lindsay is not dumb but then throw in your opinion about Emma,
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Last year at this time, Lindsay revealed to the TV audience that she had no idea who or what the Dalai Lama was.  Nevertheless, I don't think she or Witney are dumb.  I think they have just had very narrow educations and exposure to the world.

But how is it that Witney never wondered before what Paso Doble meant?  I would think it would be the first thing I would ask when the dance was first taught to me.  I guess she thought it was irrelevant.  And that is how, I think, one maintains a very narrow education about the world.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:28 pm

suebob16 wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:How are they thinking Lindsay is dumb?  She is anything but.  Some people think anyone with blonde hair is dumb.  I think Emma is too goody two shoes.
Emma is perhaps not one of your favorites, but I don't think you are equating her with being dumb--am I right?  I was wondering why you were saying that Lindsay is not dumb but then throw in your opinion about Emma,
I don't think Emma is dumb.  I was just sneaking in my opinion about Emma since it was brought up that people say negative things about the women on the show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:38 pm

Lindsay is also just 22.  I think there are different kinds of intelligence.  She may be ignorant about certain things, but I don't think Lindsay is  unintelligent.  I can tell by the way she interacts with people, she has intelligence.  She seems to be a person of strong character, too.  I'm sure a lot of people in their 20's don't know things that you would think they should know.  I don't know if dancers are considered the most intellectual anyway considering that they are mostly dealing with the body. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:53 pm

There's a big difference in my mind between being uninformed --which they are -- and being "dumb". 

"Dumb" implies to me that there is a deficit in mental processing power.  That abstract reasoning is deficient.  That learning new information is difficult.

I don't think either of these girls have that problem.

But that's not going to stop jealous women on message boards from calling them dumb.  If someone's favorite has to go home because Lindsey's partner is doing great, Lindsey is going to get trashed. Is it deserved?  Of course not!  But NONE of the trashing that is done is deserved, in my opinion. None of it!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:00 pm

Uninformed is a better term than ignorant.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:24 pm

I hope everyone in harms way of matthew is in a safe place!!  Biting nails

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:37 pm

Just a random thought, based on what made the news yesterday: thank God poor Marla isn't on this season...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

DWTS is doing rather an excellent job of keeping our polarizing politics away from the show, I think.  The outrageousness of it all is not only ripping our country apart but families apart as well. It's nice to have one place that we can all go for respite from the rancor.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Well said. And that's exactly how this show works in all four countries where I'm following it, and probably all over the world. When politicians are on (we just saw one on DWTS, and one is currently competing on Strictly), they manage to make it about the person and keep the politics out. And even if there are references, they are lighthearted. Ed Balls from the Labour Party had The Mask on SCD's movie night last Saturday, and of course he had the yellow suit and the green face; like Jim Carey and Nyle DiMarco. Bruno (who else?) went there and commented, "I think the Green Party is having a revival".
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:58 pm

kincaid53 wrote: I hope everyone in harms way of matthew is in a safe place!!  Biting nails
Ditto.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:28 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Well said. And that's exactly how this show works in all four countries where I'm following it, and probably all over the world. When politicians are on (we just saw one on DWTS, and one is currently competing on Strictly), they manage to make it about the person and keep the politics out. And even if there are references, they are lighthearted. Ed Balls from the Labour Party had The Mask on SCD's movie night last Saturday, and of course he had the yellow suit and the green face; like Jim Carey and Nyle DiMarco. Bruno (who else?) went there and commented, "I think the Green Party is having a revival".

That's good to hear, Deadie.  But the audience has to cooperate as well, don't they?  Especially on the various message boards.  I say that because in Bristol's seasons the show did their best but the fans were horrific.  Perhaps they learned their lesson.  On the other hand, I guess most of those folks went to Facebook to post and I can't say that I read much there.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Maks says he definitely will not be doing Season 24 of DWTS. He intends to be a stay at home Dad and says there isn't enough money on the planet to tempt him into missing out of the first months of his baby's life. Good for him and lucky for him he's in a financial position to do that.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:37 pm

The only thing I didn't understand about his blog was that he made it sound like if he did the show he would be in LA and the baby would be in New York.  Is that the plan when Peta returns to the show?  Wouldn't he just move to LA for the season with the baby?  Isn't Peta in LA now?  Don't they have some kind of home that they share with Val?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:55 am

Maks and Val have resided here in NJ ( Fort Lee) for many years, Psychee.  Their main dance studio 
is located there, and it's only a 10 min. drive over the GW Bridge to NYC.  Fort Lee is a lovely town 
with lots of high rises and a gorgeous view of the Manhattan skyline.  Good place to raise a child. Smile
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:00 am

Babs2147 wrote:Maks and Val have resided here in NJ ( Fort Lee) for many years, Psychee.  Their main dance studio 
is located there, and it's only a 10 min. drive over the GW Bridge to NYC.  Fort Lee is a lovely town 
with lots of high rises and a gorgeous view of the Manhattan skyline.  Good place to raise a child. Smile

Babs, I know Fort Lee well, since half my relatives are buried in Madonna Cemetery there and I live less than a hour away. 

But whether Maks has a home there or NYC wasn't germane to my question...  my question was about living arrangements while one of them was on the show.   They have to have SOME place to stay in LA while they are working there.  I doubt they are living in hotels.  And the idea that one parent would stay back East while the other spent 3 months in LA when they could both be in LA during the DWTS season confuses me.  It is not like the kid is anchored to a school.  Babies are portable.

Chris Hemsworth takes his wife and three kids wherever he works and his wife takes the three kids and Chris wherever SHE works.  Why couldn't Maks and Peta do that?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:37 am

Don't think we need to stress about the Chmerkovskiy living arrangements. Baby won't be here until January and I don't think Peta will be back as early as the spring season. Especially as Peta and Maks are planning a summer wedding. So by the fall of 2017, the most likely Peta return, I'm sure they will have the logistics worked out quite well.

I think Maks was just reflecting on the future path and thinking out loud on how it will be not laying down a set in stone blueprint.

Sister Babs, you've piqued my interest about Fort Lee. I'm going to google it and have a look.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Psychee22 wrote:

But whether Maks has a home there or NYC wasn't germane to my question...  my question was about living arrangements while one of them was on the show.   They have to have SOME place to stay in LA while they are working there.  I doubt they are living in hotels.  And the idea that one parent would stay back East while the other spent 3 months in LA when they could both be in LA during the DWTS season confuses me.  It is not like the kid is anchored to a school.  Babies are portable.

Well, I never heard of anyone drinking a baby.  Seems a bit odd -- at a minimum.  And then there would be all sorts of parental neglect issues.  Oh . . . . . .sorry . . . . .you said PORTABLE.!!!  Never mind.   Very Happy

(As far as where Maks or any other pro lives while filming DWTS, I don't know.  But its pretty typical for people in the entertainment industry to rent furnished homes or hotel suites while filming movies, tv shows etc in cities where they are not domiciled.  Major stars/studios will rent out entire floors in hotels to assure privacy.  (the bigger the celeb the bigger the budget obviously).  There are companies that specialize in finding these places)
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Historically, Fort Lee is famous as having been "Mafia Central".  But like most of northern NJ suburbs of NY, it remains "Melting Pot USA".  Heavily populated, lots of ethnic diversity, all up and down the income ladder.  Very high real estate taxes, a big portion of that going for public education, which is highly valued.  Great restaurants, wonderful grocery stores -- honestly, there is very little that you can't find in this area food-wise, and shopping in general galore. 

Socially, I think there is a much wider range of behavior and attitudes here than, say, in Dupont-controlled-always-politically-correct-WASP-ish Delaware, though you will find pockets of people like that, too.  Maks- on his worst behavior -- would not be considered outrageous here.

But the cost of living is extremely high. 

And the drivers are awful.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:33 am

Moved from the VaLaur thread:
Wherever we may come from, it seems most of us agree the judging on DWTS is quite political or strategic- something I have never noticed so clearly on Strictly, for example, even though Len and Bruno are on both panels.
Generally, detecting the best dancers and marking them with adequate (high) scores is what judges are there for. As long as they are 'wowed' by the same things as the audience, the feelgood-factor overrides the problem. Plus they certainly have the expertise to detect footfaults or timing issues the average viewer might not notice. It's not even necessarily a bad thing when peoples' favorites are rightfully criticised (booing aside); nobody's perfect in the end. The trouble starts when subjectivity creeps in, which shows in complaining about choreography or artistic concept rather than focussing on execution, and personal sympathy or dislike for certain celebs. If the performance is too good, the nitpicking and subtle discouraging begins. If it wasn't as glorious as expected, the comments suddenly get cloudy and rather deal with things like outfit, chemistry, personality etc. to mask it. CA is the true master at this game.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top