Season 9

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 9 - Page 8 Empty Re: Season 9

Post by BSkeptical Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:11 pm

rkc1960 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:I agree, rkc.  I would think Amy was great if I was in New York or Boston and happened into a coffee shop and she was singing.  I would enjoy my evening.  But that is all.  I would not seek out her music nor would I spend money on her CD.  And she bores me to death this show.  I didn't like the twins either for the same reason. 

I can't remember if I have said on this board or not (senior moment) but I am getting tired of Jordan and his diva songs.  He is a great singer but he's a performer where if I stumbled into a drag queen show in Vegas or New York, I would have a great time.  Again, I would not seek out his music or spend money on his CD.  And I'm a native Kentuckian.
I agree. Amy would make for a good background singer if I wanted a nice relaxing dinner out and she was the entertainment.

Jordan has an excellent voice but I agree with what you are saying. He could have been taken for a female singing during the blinds, but that doesn't mean he should do only songs from females with strong voices. I guess he does that because his voice is higher and that fits better with female songs. His coach needs to help point him in the right direction.
You know, I think I'd like to hear him on something like I Second That Emotion.  Smokey has a high male voice without resorting to vocal gymnastics.  Seriously, I hope Adam doesn't figure it out and he keeps giving Jordan diva songs.  I think the voters will tire of the diva act and then Adam's team can go down in flames.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:59 pm

I did not watch the show last night but tried to watch the videos from the performances last night.  None of them really did anything for me so I did not vote last night.  Did anyone else watch last night and if so what did you feel were the best performances.  Some of them I did not even watch all the way through - Jordan's was one that I really did not care for at all.  I also didn't care for Zach's or Evans so much either.  Maybe it was just my mood but I was disappointed in what I was seeing. Scratch
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:44 pm

I actually liked Jordan's rendition of Great Is Thy Faithfulness. It was not a diva song which he has been singing week after week. 

I'm starting to think that the sound that the live audience hears in comparison with what we hear on tv is different. The coaches and the audience ohhh and ahhh over the performances whereas I'm sitting here thinking it didn't sound all that great.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:04 pm

I liked Jordan last night, too.  I liked absolutely none of the others.  Still voted for Braiden just to honk off people.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:28 pm

Oh man, Barrett is assaulting my eardrums right now! I don't like it!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:35 pm

Lesallee wrote:Oh man, Barrett is assaulting my eardrums right now! I don't like it!
Oh my goodness, he has become just awful.  I liked his blind audition and his battle round with Dustin.  He is unbearable.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:40 am

Giggle   I couldn't understand a word of what he was singing.   I did vote tonight but for only the two left on Pharrell's Team and two of Gwen's.  For a season that I thought was going to be so good I have really been rather disappointed.  Season 9 - Page 8 3539311786
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:50 am

I think Pharrell has an excellent chance of being the winning coach with Madi Davis. That difficult song to sing, Love is Blindness, was performed beautifully by that young lady. I was impressed anyway. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:56 am

SLA44 wrote: Giggle   I couldn't understand a word of what he was singing.   I did vote tonight but for only the two left on Pharrell's Team and two of Gwen's.  For a season that I thought was going to be so good I have really been rather disappointed.  Season 9 - Page 8 3539311786

Yes, it had such promise until the coaches sent the good singers packing.  I should have voted the same as you but I went for Madi, Braiden and Zach.  I want to see the idolforums board implode if Braiden and Zach make it far.  I genuinely like Madi.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:02 pm

Lesallee wrote:I think Pharrell has an excellent chance of being the winning coach with Madi Davis. That difficult song to sing, Love is Blindness, was performed beautifully by that young lady. I was impressed anyway. 

I agree and yet Emily Ann and Amy are getting all the accolades for their songs.  Blake gives Emily the easiest songs to sing and she doesn't slay on them.  She is so incredibly average and the audience is being deceived.  I can see why Pharrell kept Madi over Amy.  Amy bores me within 10 seconds of every song she sings. Madi's voice has grown on me and I look forward to her performances.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:42 pm

I agree about Madi and gave her the full 10 votes I was allowed.  I have not been that impressed with Zach the last couple of weeks and do not believe he belonged there over Chris.  I would not be surprised if he is not in the sing off tonight with Korin whom I think will be there again.  I was not impressed with Shelby last night either - I didn't think she had put her all into her performance last night but that may have just been me.  I think Shelby will be the first one of Adam's team to get voted off.  JMO
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:03 pm

I don't believe Zach belonged there over Chris either.  But I find the rest of Team Blake uber annoying.  I absolutely don't believe Shelby belongs there over James either.  But then again belt, belt, scream never did do it for me.  Can you imagine how good the show would be if Chris and James were still there?

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:32 pm

I'm watching late tonight as I struggled through that ultimately unsatisfying DWTS finale first. 

So Madi is in, thank goodness. So far no Barrett and may he leave tonight.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:43 pm

Well shoot, Barrett just got saved.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:39 am

I'm OK with the ones who got saved.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:25 am

WidderWoman4 wrote:I'm OK with the ones who got saved.

Why?  Because you like them all or dislike them all?  Doesn't Barrett singing like he has marbles in his mouth and his bizarre movements bug you?

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:10 pm

I haven't been completely in the Jeffrey Austin camp but that performance awed me. So powerful and moving!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:37 pm

I thought Jeffrey was good, too.  I thought he, Jordan, and Madi were the best tonight.  Barrett didn't suck but I wish he had sung a different Conway Twitty song.  That is one of a few of his I dislike the most.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:50 pm

I am not much of a country music fan but something about Vince Gill always pulls me in. So this performance by Shelby Brown impressed me. I agree with the coaches, her best performance.

I am watching the late show tonight so I am still in the midst of it.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:22 am

Whenever someone is about to attempt that iconic Leonard Cohen song, Hallelujah, I worry they will slaughter it. No fears with Jordan Smith, he owned it and I loved it. 

Years ago k.d. lang laid down probably the best version of Hallelujah I ever heard and while Jordan wasn't quite on her level he was close.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:01 am

You are right BSkep, Barrett was better than last week. And that song isn't wonderful. It will be interesting to see if he makes it after the votes tonight.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:59 am

I did have to agree with Adam tonight when he said that Barrett had been all over the place and tonight is where he belonged - it was much better than last week.  I thought Emily was good tonight also and Zach is sure to pull in the young female vote.  

I think that Jeffery was my favorite tonight and gave him the full 10 votes - he was the only one tonight on Gwen's team that I gave any votes to.  I did give Madi the full 10 votes as well and those were the only two that got my full votes tonight.

I did like Jordan's Hallelujah okay but didn't care for Braiden's song tonight.  It will be interesting to see who ends up in the bottom two tomorrow night. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:07 am

BSkeptical wrote:
WidderWoman4 wrote:I'm OK with the ones who got saved.

Why?  Because you like them all or dislike them all?  Doesn't Barrett singing like he has marbles in his mouth and his bizarre movements bug you?

Hahaha!  Good question!  I said that because I wasn't opposed those who were saved except for the blonde girl who has more front teeth than the rest of us and who whispers her songs.  I don't care for her.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:10 am

Lesallee wrote:Whenever someone is about to attempt that iconic Leonard Cohen song, Hallelujah, I worry they will slaughter it. No fears with Jordan Smith, he owned it and I loved it. 

Years ago k.d. lang laid down probably the best version of Hallelujah I ever heard and while Jordan wasn't quite on her level he was close.

Yes, yes, YES!  I love everything you said, Lesallee!

Jordan Smith did a wonderful job of the song.  If I'd never heard k.d. lang sing it, I'd be his cheerleader.  However, I have heard k.d. lang sing it, and everyone else should just leave it alone.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:15 am

Lesallee wrote:You are right BSkep, Barrett was better than last week. And that song isn't wonderful. It will be interesting to see if he makes it after the votes tonight.

I thought the song was wonderful, and he sang it well, but somehow the net result didn't take me where he wanted us to go.  I really don't know why that is.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top