Season 9

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 9 - Page 7 Empty Re: Season 9

Post by BSkeptical Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:04 pm

I agree with your logic about Chris.  I really like Krista's blind audition as well as Summer Schappell's.  Neither sounded very good after that though.  I have listened to more on the website and I think Morgan is Blake's best singer.  She has grown on me.  I like her a lot now and better than all the others on the other teams.  Emily Ann just doesn't do it for me.  But at least she's not obnoxious like Rae Lynn several seasons ago.  Blind Joe would be fine with me, too.  I liked Barrett early on but I was nosing on Twitter and he comes across as quite arrogant to me.

I see how song choice is crucial, too.  Braiden sounded great on Feeling Good and he was unnoticeable before.  I adored Danielle Bradbury from day 1 but when she sang Maybe It Was Memphis, I think she sealed the deal with a lot of people.  I would have loved to have heard Chris on I Wish It Would Rain.  I love the Temps.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:30 pm

I would have liked to see and hear Chris sing I Wish It Would Rain as well - maybe he will do it on his own and put it up on his youtube site.  

I do like Barrett and haven't seen anything on Twitter (I don't even have a Twitter account) but I can see where he might come across as arrogant but if I do continue to watch and vote he is the one that I would probably be most likely to vote for of who Blake as left and if he brings back either Krista or Nahjah I doubt either one of them would get my vote.  I will have to go back and listen to Morgan again.  I didn't listen to her knockout song so I will have to do that.  I do think of who is left that Blake's best chance for a win right now is Barrett.  I thought he had a good chance to win with Chris but I guess I saw that go right down the toilet.   Season 9 - Page 7 623245435
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:40 pm

Oh my gosh, that is the best emoji ever. 

I'm not good at Twitter either.  I don't get the whole thing.  I think most people think Barrett is a front-runner overall.  I'll have to stay off his Twitter if I want to start supporting him soon.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:46 pm

BSkeptical wrote:Oh my gosh, that is the best emoji ever. 

I'm not good at Twitter either.  I don't get the whole thing.  I think most people think Barrett is a front-runner overall.  I'll have to stay off his Twitter if I want to start supporting him soon.
Giggle I borrowed it from another forum.  Thought it really fit my feelings.

It probably is best to stay away from some of this social media stuff - it can really slant someone's perspective on a person or situation.  May be true stuff or a bunch of puffery.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:52 am

I think I must be in the minority on this thread but I think the talent is way above par this season. Of course, I prefer some above others but I am still waiting to pick the horse I want to back for the win.  That will come, likely next week.

I thought Gwen looked absolutely stunning last night. That little dalliance with Blake must be agreeing with her (Blake too, he looked quite dapper and happy).
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:15 pm

I thought the talent was quite high until the ones I considered the best were cut.  I think last night proved the ones left are overrated.  Jordan and Jeffrey to me were levels above the rest. For me, the whole show was meh and painful to watch because I couldn't watch and hear who I wanted to sing.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:01 pm

I was underwhelmed last night.  I didn't care for most of song choices last night and that was probably why the show was just meh to me as well BSk.  I don't know who selected the songs for last night but if it was the coaches they should be ashamed of themselves.  Even Jordan, Keith and Jeffery seemed below their standard for me last night - maybe I was just tone deaf last night but I was sure disappointed.  I did not watch the show as it was aired but listened to the videos of their performances and to me Blaine did the best job of all of them - again it could have been the song choice and his just suited him the best to me.  Braiden wasn't too bad and actually Amy didn't do so bad either but they both had some decent songs that I liked anyway.

I sure hope tonight is better - I will be watching it as it airs. Season 9 - Page 7 630745493
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:25 pm

I thought the show was much better last night - maybe because I liked the song choices better IDK.  I did think that Nahjah looked absolutely beautiful last night and should let her own hair grow out and perhaps wear it like it was done up last night.  I also liked her song choice much better than what she sang in the Knockoff round.

I will not be able to watch the results of the voting tonight because they have pre-empted  the show tonight to show a Trailblazer Basketball game and will not broadcast the results show until 2:07 am.  I am sure there is no way I will be able to stay up that long unless I take a really long nap sometime today!   Darn
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:46 am

From checking out the website it looks like all of the ones that were brought back for a second chance were eliminated.  BSk your gal Morgan didn't make it either but Blake's little Emily sure did.  I did give Nahjah some votes but I didn't vote for either Emily or Morgan.

I think Blake and Gwen's relationship has taken top spot now for The Voice - don't know if that is what TPTB wanted but it sure has put the show out there on all the entertainment talk shows.   
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:19 pm

I just finished watching the Results Show from last night on The Voice website and I wish he would have said which two contestants were in the top ten on ITunes last night.  Does anyone know which two it was?  I'm guessing probably one of them was Jordan. 

I was surprised that Adam picked Amy over Blaine and Keith.  I know he really likes her but I'm not so sure the viewers are that crazy about her.  I really liked Blaine's performance Monday night the best of all of Adam's contestants including Jordan.  Oh well its his choice to make and his to win or lose with.

I thought it was probably a close one between Nahjah and Emily Ann for Blake.  They both outperformed Morgan and Ivonne IMO.  I'm not surprised he went with Emily Ann just as he did in the Knockout round.  Nahjah was the only female on Blake's team that I voted for and I hope that her performance Tuesday night got the attention of some agents or music producers or maybe that Blake with continue to work with her or help her along.

Gwen's and Pharrell's choices seemed okay from what I was seeing.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:27 pm

A
SLA44 wrote: I just finished watching the Results Show from last night on The Voice website and I wish he would have said which two contestants were in the top ten on ITunes last night.  Does anyone know which two it was?  I'm guessing probably one of them was Jordan. 

I was surprised that Adam picked Amy over Blaine and Keith.  I know he really likes her but I'm not so sure the viewers are that crazy about her.  I really liked Blaine's performance Monday night the best of all of Adam's contestants including Jordan.  Oh well its his choice to make and his to win or lose with.

I thought it was probably a close one between Nahjah and Emily Ann for Blake.  They both outperformed Morgan and Ivonne IMO.  I'm not surprised he went with Emily Ann just as he did in the Knockout round.  Nahjah was the only female on Blake's team that I voted for and I hope that her performance Tuesday night got the attention of some agents or music producers or maybe that Blake with continue to work with her or help her along.

Gwen's and Pharrell's choices seemed okay from what I was seeing.
Emily and Jordan got the multiplier.  I think it is telling that Emily got the multiplier and still had to be saved by Blake.  I think voters saw her performance similar to the way I saw it.  I am very familiar with the song and I have heard it performed much better in my church by so-called amateurs.  Emily was all over the place with the her notes.  It was not good. Hubby who never bothers to watch the show thought Zach was good (eek) and he said Emily was a waste of a good song. I'm kind of annoyed they pulled out the hymn in this early round.  That's a little too self-indulgent for me.  

Adam loves Amy and he's going to ride that sinking ship as long as he can. I was hoping he'd pick Blaine, too.

I was not surprised Blake picked Emily.  He loves her and he's going cram her down our throats as long as he 
can.  He's looking at her as another Danielle Bradbery.  Unfortunately, I don't hear anything close to Danielle's voice in Emily.  I was disappointed in Morgan's song.  I knew she was going home.

I thought Nadjah looked stunning and sounded good as well.  She did the song justice but I don't think the song did her justice.  But Blake was never going to save her anyway.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:14 pm

WOW!  I am really surprised that Emily got a multiplier - it must have been because it was a hymn.  I thought that Jordan probably got one so that did not surprise me.  Maybe Emily will go next and Blake will not be able to save her. 

I actually though that Zach was pretty good as well but I still wish they would have shown Chris's song in the knockout round.  I'm still not convinced that Zach beat him but I will never know nor will I ever know why the producers cut him out of the show.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:32 pm

I was reading on the idolforums board that Emily got 32k downloads and Zach and Barrett both got 19k.  If that's true, then she got ~ 300k vote cushion and still couldn't come in first or second.  I'm tired of Barrett's theatrics so I guess for Blake's team I am now pulling for Zach.  However, I'd be OK if nobody from Blake's team makes it to the finals.  I need to check Chris's YouTube videos to see if he has put his song on it.  I want to hear it, too, and I think there was funny-business there.

I'm hoping Adam's team goes down in flames after the way he handled James although it is not likely to happen now that Jordan is such a strong front-runner. 

I'm going to give all my votes to Braiden and Madi.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:48 pm

I like Braiden and Evan McKeel.  I'll have to listen to Madi again.

I didn't see his knockout round song on his YouTube account.  So maybe he is not going to sing it again.
I don't know if you have looked at his twitter account or not but he has been watching the shows.  Here is the link if you are interested:

https://twitter.com/chriscrumpmusic

I found it interesting that he did not comment on Zach at all.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:59 am

Thanks for the link.  I don't know how or why twitter does what it does but if you click on Tweets & Replies he does comment to Zach about his playoff performance and save.

I've been following James's twitter and he does not comment about the shows.  I think he knows how badly Adam mislead him.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:20 pm

I was referring to last tweets where he was congratulating Barrett, Evan, and Mark for making it through but not Zach and I didn't see any reference to Emily either - these were the tweets on Nov. 11th.  

I think that Blake mislead Chris every bit as bad as Adam mislead James.  I think that is why I am kind of pulling for Evan to win because he is on Pharrell's team.  I like Braiden but I don't like it that he is on Gwen's team.  I am really tired of hearing about her and Blake's relationship that I am convinced has been going on longer then their divorces taking place.  JMO

I do like Barrett but I just don't want to see Blake win this season.  I don't want to see Adam win either but I think that Jordan is just too popular with the fans and he may win it for Adam.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:09 pm

It was from November 11th and comes out between the tweet to Evan and Mark and the one to Barrett but only if you click on Tweets & Replies.  The default goes to Tweets.  I don't get why it doesn't show up on the default. 

I think Blake mislead Chris and Krista.  Chris could have gone far on Pharrell's or Gwen's teams.  I would have enjoyed watching him.  And a lot more than watching at least half of the remaining contestants. 

I am tired of all the well-wishers talking about how Gwen and Blake deserve to be happy, they're such a wonderful couple, they're glowing, yada, yada, yada.  My instinct says the relationship didn't just happen when the divorces became final.  It wouldn't kill them to be lowkey out of deference and respect for their former spouses.  However, it appears they have no deference or respect.  On another note, I do think Gwen has looked stunning on the shows this week.

I'm tired of Barrett's schtick.  Blake told him to enunciate so the audience could hear the words.  Hubby looked over at me and said he could make out about every fifth or sixth word.  That was more than I could hear.  I could hear drive your truck and that was about all.  His movements look like he's having seizures or orgasms.  Oy.

You know, I don't want Adam or Blake to win either.  If I have to pick somebody from their respective teams to win, I'm picking Zach.  He's the most palatable for me and it would piss off a lot of people on that other board.  But Braiden going far would piss them off more.  Hence, another reason I'm voting for Braiden.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:41 pm

They took out most of the singers I liked. I was surprised who Adam saved. Good luck in having anyone that will really show an interest in her style of music. Unless someone steps up and starts to wow me than I guess my favorite to win will be Jordan.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:18 pm

I agree, rkc.  I would think Amy was great if I was in New York or Boston and happened into a coffee shop and she was singing.  I would enjoy my evening.  But that is all.  I would not seek out her music nor would I spend money on her CD.  And she bores me to death this show.  I didn't like the twins either for the same reason. 

I can't remember if I have said on this board or not (senior moment) but I am getting tired of Jordan and his diva songs.  He is a great singer but he's a performer where if I stumbled into a drag queen show in Vegas or New York, I would have a great time.  Again, I would not seek out his music or spend money on his CD.  And I'm a native Kentuckian.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:28 pm

Season 9 - Page 7 2711063196  Season 9 - Page 7 1003998638  I thought Jordan was really good the first time I heard him but then he just sounded the same over and over again.  It's to the point where I just kind of tune out now when he sings.  With Amy I never thought she was as great as the coaches were carrying on.  On a side note when Blake said that Emily Ann was like an Angel singing or something like that - I don't really know what an Angel sounds like singing so I guess that must be his idea of what an Angel sounds like unless he hears them sing when he imbibes too much.  IDK   I just so disappointed in The Voice and I thought it had started out like it was going to be such a good season.  Crying  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:43 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
I am tired of all the well-wishers talking about how Gwen and Blake deserve to be happy, they're such a wonderful couple, they're glowing, yada, yada, yada.  My instinct says the relationship didn't just happen when the divorces became final.  It wouldn't kill them to be lowkey out of deference and respect for their former spouses.  However, it appears they have no deference or respect.  On another note, I do think Gwen has looked stunning on the shows this week.
From what I have been seeing all over the place (not just the scandal rags) Gwen's ex was busy diddling the nanny for ages, even while Gwen was pregnant with their youngest. I don't think he has earned any deference or respect. Gwen herself, has never said one word about her relationship with Blake.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:43 pm

You may be 100% right.  However, the fact the world knows  Gwen and Blake were together at the CMA after parties does show a lack of deference and respect for Miranda.  Was she the one cheating like I have read? I don't know. Was Blake the one cheating? I don't know.  If I had to guess I would guess Blake but I would really like to think neither were cheating.  Nonetheless, irrespective of whether anyone was cheating, flaunting their new relationship in front of spouses to whom they were both married for a while still is unseemly to me.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:27 pm

BSkeptical wrote:I agree, rkc.  I would think Amy was great if I was in New York or Boston and happened into a coffee shop and she was singing.  I would enjoy my evening.  But that is all.  I would not seek out her music nor would I spend money on her CD.  And she bores me to death this show.  I didn't like the twins either for the same reason. 

I can't remember if I have said on this board or not (senior moment) but I am getting tired of Jordan and his diva songs.  He is a great singer but he's a performer where if I stumbled into a drag queen show in Vegas or New York, I would have a great time.  Again, I would not seek out his music or spend money on his CD.  And I'm a native Kentuckian.
I agree. Amy would make for a good background singer if I wanted a nice relaxing dinner out and she was the entertainment.

Jordan has an excellent voice but I agree with what you are saying. He could have been taken for a female singing during the blinds, but that doesn't mean he should do only songs from females with strong voices. I guess he does that because his voice is higher and that fits better with female songs. His coach needs to help point him in the right direction.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:51 pm

BSkeptical wrote:You may be 100% right.  However, the fact the world knows  Gwen and Blake were together at the CMA after parties does show a lack of deference and respect for Miranda.  Was she the one cheating like I have read? I don't know. Was Blake the one cheating? I don't know.  If I had to guess I would guess Blake but I would really like to think neither were cheating.  Nonetheless, irrespective of whether anyone was cheating, flaunting their new relationship in front of spouses to whom they were both married for a while still is unseemly to me.
This whole thing seems rather sorted. 

As to Blake and Miranda, cheating rumors were directed at both of them. Rumors have been circulating for years regarding the two of them so it really is no surprise that this happened. I think that regardless of who cheated that Blake and Gwen showing up at the CMA's together knowing Miranda would be there was a little low class. Going to the Halloween parties together was their way of starting to come out about the relationship, but at least they knew ex's wouldn't be there. The CMA's was a whole different animal.

As to Gavin Rossdale, I have no pity for him regardless. Fooling around with the nanny for 3 years, taking her on tour with him and having sex with her on the tour bus while the kids were asleep in the bus, etc, etc....then the early reports were that he wanted child support, spousal support, and he wanted the house? Seriously? This is reminiscent of the story I just read about Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez. There were no cheating rumors with their divorce but stories of his explosive violent behavior which prompted her to file. However, even thought there was a pre-nup, he is seeking spousal support. What ever happened to men being men and providing for their kids or for themselves for that matter? Both Rossdale and Martinez are very capable of supporting themselves as they both have relatively lucrative careers. Just because their spouses make more money then them they are seeking to milk them of everything they can get their hands on to continue to live the high life? Screw that! What a couple of creeps!    
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Agreed, rkc.  These people don't think right.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top