Season 9

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 9 - Page 10 Empty Re: Season 9

Post by kincaid53 Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:53 pm

That's right, sis! Very Happy  I actually posted last week, or thought I did Ashamed I think I made the post then got distracted(imagine that haha) and didn't hit send. It was pretty much just agreeing with everyone else. 
  I do like Gwens song 'I Used to Love You' and thought she looked beautiful last week. Loved her hair and make up, I like the lighter shades on her with the darker eyes. Loved her hair also......can't wait for tonight.....it's going to be interesting to see where the votes go. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:00 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:How in the world will voters winnow it down from the nine who performed Monday night to only four left standing Tuesday night?  I doubt our group could reach consensus.  Let's try an experiment.  Which four would get your votes?

1.  Jordan
2.  Madi
3.  Emily Ann
4.  Braiden

How much agreement is there in this group?

I would put Jeffrey in, instead of Madi, but that's based on last night performances. lesallee might be right though about Barrett sneaking in. Maybe over any of them, except Jordan.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:45 pm

Jeffrey is my favorite!  Has given consistently good performances, and deserves
to be in the final four!!

My picks:

1. Jordan
2. Jeffrey
3. Madi
4. Braiden or Barrett

Last edited by Babs2147 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:54 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:How in the world will voters winnow it down from the nine who performed Monday night to only four left standing Tuesday night?  I doubt our group could reach consensus.  Let's try an experiment.  Which four would get your votes?

1.  Jordan
2.  Madi
3.  Emily Ann
4.  Braiden

How much agreement is there in this group?
The folks who did get my votes were:
Jordan
Jeffrey
Madi
Zach
Braiden

Emily Ann is too nasally and her breathing issues bug me.  Blake kept her over singers who were better.  I can't put any votes her way.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:03 am

Ahem, as a prognosticator I am only fifty fifty. However I am pleased Jeffrey got in. Am I missing something with Barrett? I just don't get his appeal and yet, he keeps rolling along. I don't believe he can upset the Jordan applecart and take the win so that's some consolation.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:15 am

I'm also a 50/50 picker, but I'm mostly OK with the results.  Like you, Lesallee, I don't get the appeal of Barrett.

And, like you, I think Jordan will take the trophy.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:42 am

Well I was 75 - 25 and Barrett was my 25.  I also don't get the appeal for Barrett, although I did like him at the beginning but then he starting wearing on me and not in a good way.  I guess I was the only one on here that voted for Emily but I thought she had done well the last couple of weeks.  I was sorry that Madi didn't make it.   
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:52 pm

SLA44 wrote:Well I was 75 - 25 and Barrett was my 25.  I also don't get the appeal for Barrett, although I did like him at the beginning but then he starting wearing on me and not in a good way.  I guess I was the only one on here that voted for Emily but I thought she had done well the last couple of weeks.  I was sorry that Madi didn't make it.   

I voted for Emily also.  I think she really stepped it up the last couple of weeks.
Madi is a beautiful girl and very talented......she did not do well in her instant save song and I think she knew it. I think her nerves and emotions got to her. Bless her heart.
    I voted for Jeffrey in the instant save......coupled with Monday nights performance and his instant save song being the best of the three, I thought.... he deserved it.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Glad you voted for Jeffrey, Sis. Since I can't vote you have to vote for me!  

I am fine with three of the F4, just can't get my head around what people are seeing and hearing from Barrett. I guess it doesn't really matter, Jordan will win in a landslide I expect. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:37 pm

I'm glad this season is about to end.  It has been the worst of all 9 seasons for me.

Last edited by BSkeptical on Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:33 pm

I haven't enjoyed it either BSk and am also looking forward to it being over.   Whew
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:15 pm

I've never had anyone this season for whom I was rooting.  Jordan has an outstanding voice, but I can't see him as the next Teen Angel.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:29 pm

Sometimes it's easier not to be invested in a particular contestant. You can just watch the performances dispassionately without the frustration that comes with "my favourite has to win". That's basically what I am doing this season. As I said previously I am fine with three of the final four, Barrett being the odd man out.  

Shows with fan voting to determine the outcome are always super frustrating. I guess that's why I still prefer Survivor and TAR. The ultimate victors are self determined. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:19 pm

The last contestant on The Voice I feel in love with was Tessanne Chin in 2013.  I thought she was utterly spectacular.  Since then, nobody has moved me anywhere near that much.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:28 pm

I liked Tessanne, too.  However, there was another contestant that I was rooting for that season and I have no idea who that was now.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:16 pm

BSkeptical, thank you for admitting that.  I do that (Oh, darn!  Who was it?) all the time.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:59 pm

And I still can't comprehend Barrett's appeal! Is Blake's huge personal popularity carrying him along? One thing for sure, I would never buy any of his songs.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:41 am

Lesallee wrote:And I still can't comprehend Barrett's appeal! Is Blake's huge personal popularity carrying him along? One thing for sure, I would never buy any of his songs.
I thought his Silent Night didn't suck.  I expected a train wreck.  I think he gets a lot of votes from Arkansas. I'm with you, I would never buy any of his music.  He's painful to watch and hear.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:07 am

I'd rank them as follows:

1.  Jordan

2.  Jeffery
3.  Barrett

4.  Emily Ann

I thought Barrett did a better job tonight than usual, moving me all the way up to "whelmed."  Emily Ann hit a few sour notes in one of her earlier songs (I now forget which) and her final song might have had three or four notes in it, leaving me at "underwhelmed."

This is Jordan's all the way, and he has earned it.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:13 am

Well I'm sure I'm alone in this but I didn't like Jordan's rendition of Climb Every Mountain at all and I'm sure I'm probably the only that didn't like it.  The last song he sang I thought was supposed to be a Christmas song but I have never heard that song before.  The only one I liked of his was the one he sang with Adam.  No Votes from me.

I was not impressed with Barrett tonight either but then I realized that his singing is just like when talks - it's the same annunciation and it is hard for me to understand very well.  I do agree with you BSk that his Silent Night didn't suck but no votes from me.

Jeffery was good tonight and I wish him well.  I did give him 5 votes.

I like Emily the best tonight.  I know you don't like her BSk but I gave her the full 10 votes.  Before Blake even said it I was looking at her and listening to her and I thought of another Carrie Underwood myself.

I see you snuck in ahead of me WW but I since I liked Emily the best I would put her 1st and it really doesn't matter about the other three to me.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:21 am

SLA, it's good we don't all like the same things.  Your rationale for your preferences makes perfect sense.

I'm surprised so few people know "Mary Did You Know."  I've known that song for several years.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:28 am

I agree with your ranking, WW.  Hubby, who loves Emily Ann, said "Little girl, get on pitch" during her rendition of Blue Christmas.  Then he said, she's not breathing right.  I told him it took him long enough to figure that out.  I have said for a long time her breathing bothers me.  He opined he's surprised Blake didn't work on that.  I told him Blake tries to give her songs that mask that problem.  Burning Houses, for example, is one where her breathing issues was less obvious and it's not that difficult of a song and she still had some bad notes.  (It's OK, SLA, people seem to really like Emily Ann.)

I've known and loved Mary Did You Know for years, too.  I was surprised Emily Ann went more secular in her choice especially the way Blake panders in his song choices.  Perhaps he figured out she was bad on the hymn she sang and he didn't want to take the risk especially if she's going to be compared with Jordan and Jeffrey on the same type of songs.  I think Blake pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes and ears this time.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:59 am

Okay, my take on the finale performances:
 Jordan opening surprised me, I thought one of the lesser lights would kick it off. I didn't really connect with Jordan's rendition of Climb Every Mountain but obviously a horde of people did judging by his ITunes placing. His duet with Adam was best when Jordan sang alone! Then came Mary Did You Know and the boy wrapped everything up and tied it with a big red bow. Spectacular and it displayed his remarkable command of his voice. 

Emily Ann and Blue Christmas were a mismatch. She hit several clunkers along the way and as BSk pointed out she hasn't mastered breathing and singing yet. Islands in the Stream with Blake was really good, EA does Dolly Parton very well. Clever of Blake to choose a true duet number to perform. Her last song, Burning House (?) was fine.

Jeffery- up, down and all around again. I did not enjoy his  version of Oh Holy Night. I like my old, familiar Christmas carols done in the traditional way and Jeffery tried to make it his own, not what I like. The Leather and Lace duet with Gwen seemed to be all Gwen with Jeffery doing backup vocals. But that last number, Stay, redeemed Jeffery in my eyes. Powerful and moving. 

Barrett, I just didn't like anything he did last night so no point in dissecting it.

Winner - Jordan, deservedly so.
Second - Emily Ann or Barrett
Fourth - Jeffery
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:47 pm

Jordan will be the winner, and deservedly so.

Jeffery....2nd

Emily Ann or Barrett...3rd and 4th

I have not enjoyed listening to Emily Ann or Barrett this season. I tend to like the voices that are different and that stand out. Both Emily Ann and Barrett have an average sound that you could go to any local bar and hear on a weekend night. The popularity of country music has kept people in this competition for a number of seasons now that shouldn't be in the finals. Many go before them that had a better sound in my opinion.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:52 pm

This is how tvline has them ranked after last night's performances and their iTunes rankings:

Winner: Jordan Smith
Runner-Up: Emily Ann Roberts
Third Place: Jeffery Austin
Fourth Place: Barrett Baber

They are probably right - I was just so turned off by Jordan's opening song Climb Every Mountain and it wasn't the song because I really like the song I just did not like the way he sang it.  I guess that is life in the fast lane.  I actually did vote for Jordan last week but not this week and I would not rush out to buy any of his records - he has a good enough voice just not what I would buy.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top