Season 9

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 9 - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 9

Post by BSkeptical Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:33 pm

SLA44 wrote:Right now my favorites are Chris Crump and James Dupre but I'm keeping an open mind.

Not me.  Mine's closed.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:34 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
SLA44 wrote:Right now my favorites are Chris Crump and James Dupre but I'm keeping an open mind.

Not me.  Mine's closed.
Giggle Sometimes a singer will surprise me when it gets to the knockout rounds.  I'm still hoping that Blake gets to steal James Dupre.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:17 pm

SLA44 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:

Not me.  Mine's closed.
Giggle Sometimes a singer will surprise me when it gets to the knockout rounds.  I'm still hoping that Blake gets to steal James Dupre.

So true.  Like the guy a few seasons ago that Adam cut and Usher stole and won with him.  I really liked him the last few weeks of that season.  Of course, I haven't heard a thing of him since and can't remember his name. 

I, too, hope Adam screws up and Blake gets James.  However, I fear Adam has latched on to him for the duration.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:29 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:

Not me.  Mine's closed.

So true.  Like the guy a few seasons ago that Adam cut and Usher stole and won with him.  I really liked him the last few weeks of that season.  Of course, I haven't heard a thing of him since and can't remember his name. 

I, too, hope Adam screws up and Blake gets James.  However, I fear Adam has latched on to him for the duration.
I guess we will find out tonight or tomorrow night.  I just don't see Adam sticking with a country artist for the long haul but I could be wrong.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:44 pm

I would agree with you, SLA, except that Adam has said several times that he wants to beat Blake with a country artist.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:00 pm

Way too early for me to pick a favourite. So much talent this season, I will need to get a lot deeper in before singling a few out. Then it likely won't be a country singer as that genre isn't the way my musical tastes run.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:46 pm

SLA44 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:

Not me.  Mine's closed.

So true.  Like the guy a few seasons ago that Adam cut and Usher stole and won with him.  I really liked him the last few weeks of that season.  Of course, I haven't heard a thing of him since and can't remember his name

I guess we will find out tonight or tomorrow night.  I just don't see Adam sticking with a country artist for the long haul but I could be wrong.
His name is Josh Kaufman.  

The one that I was thinking of wasn't Adam after all.  Blake had Craig Wayne Boyd and cut him and Gwen stole him.  While Gwen had him she had his hair cleaned up (shortened) and then Gwen cut him and Blake stole him back and won with him.  That happened in season 7.

Last edited by SLA44 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Lesallee wrote:

Way too early for me to pick a favourite. So much talent this season, I will need to get a lot deeper in before singling a few out. Then it likely won't be a country singer as that genre isn't the way my musical tastes run.

I'll have to get further into the season, too, before I have a favorite.  But in my golden years I seem to have turned into enough of a chip-kicker that I appreciate a lot of country music.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:50 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:Lesallee wrote:

I'll have to get further into the season, too, before I have a favorite.  But in my golden years I seem to have turned into enough of a chip-kicker that I appreciate a lot of country music.
Funny how that works WW - the same thing happened to me.  I wonder if it does have to do with the golden years.  Giggle
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:55 pm

SLA44 wrote:

Funny how that works WW - the same thing happened to me.  I wonder if it does have to do with the golden years.  Giggle

I suspect, SLA, that country has really turned into a branch of pop music.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:58 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

I suspect, SLA, that country has really turned into a branch of pop music.
I'm sure that is what it is - it is more pop country now than twangy country of the older chip kicking times.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:54 pm

BSkeptical wrote:My faves so far are James Dupre, Krista Hughes, and Summer Schappell.  Yep, I'm a country music fan and I like these three.
Well from the sneak previews for the knockoff rounds it looks like they have your favorite Krista Hughes against my favorite Chris Crump.  Now I think I am sorry that Chris went with Blake and it looks like he has Chris doing a country song and I don't think he is country.  I didn't recognize the song and they didn't show that much of them.

James Dupre is against Dustin Monk and I don't believe they are doing a country song I didn't catch the name of the song but it's one John Fogerty wrote during the Viet Nam era he said.  They did not show them rehearsing on the stage.

They did not have a sneak preview up of Gwen's team so maybe her's will be on tomorrow night. 

The ones they showed of Pharrell were Celeste Betton and Mark Hood and it looked like they were doing a very good and entertaining job with "Ain't No Mountain High Enough".
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Thanks, SLA, I was drawing a blank on Josh Kaufman. I liked Craig Wayne better than the guy Blake picked over him.  I was glad when Blake got him back.  I've always thought he and Gwen had a deal and she let Blake have him back.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:23 pm

SLA44 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:My faves so far are James Dupre, Krista Hughes, and Summer Schappell.  Yep, I'm a country music fan and I like these three.
Well from the sneak previews for the knockoff rounds it looks like they have your favorite Krista Hughes against my favorite Chris Crump.  Now I think I am sorry that Chris went with Blake and it looks like he has Chris doing a country song and I don't think he is country.  I didn't recognize the song and they didn't show that much of them.

James Dupre is against Dustin Monk and I don't believe they are doing a country song I didn't catch the name of the song but it's one John Fogerty wrote during the Viet Nam era he said.  They did not show them rehearsing on the stage.

They did not have a sneak preview up of Gwen's team so maybe her's will be on tomorrow night. 

The ones they showed of Pharrell were Celeste Betton and Mark Hood and it looked like they were doing a very good and entertaining job with "Ain't No Mountain High Enough".
I saw the sneak peak, too, and I think the song is a terrible fit for Krista's voice.  I think it fits Chris's tone better.  I don't really like Blake's pairings and song choices in these early rounds.  James is coming on now in my time zone.  Later, ladies.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:24 pm

I really liked Craig Wayne and was happy that he won.  He must have felt like a yo yo though the way he cut and picked and cut again only to go back to his original coach.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:27 pm

It hasn't even started in my time zone yet and I have to watch DWTS and then will watch the videos of tonight's knock out rounds.  Do you know what that song is he chose for Chris and Krista?
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:41 pm

SLA44 wrote:It hasn't even started in my time zone yet and I have to watch DWTS and then will watch the videos of tonight's knock out rounds.  Do you know what that song is he chose for Chris and Krista?
"Get to Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton.

Oops, that's my vernacular.  The real name is "When I Get Where I'm Going."

Last edited by BSkeptical on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:52 pm

I guess that is one that I have never heard before.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:06 pm

SLA44 wrote:I guess that is one that I have never heard before.
It would be a good song for Summer Schappell.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:25 pm

I see Blake doesn't have a wedding ring on tonight.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 pm

SLA44 wrote:I really liked Craig Wayne and was happy that he won.  He must have felt like a yo yo though the way he cut and picked and cut again only to go back to his original coach.
To good ole' country fans, Craig Wayne Boyd's appearance as well as his waspy voice was similar to that of Travis Tritt.  I could never figure out why Blake let him go in the first place, but was thrilled when Craig Wayne returned with a new haircut & fresh duds (thanks to Gwen) to his roots with Blake.  A known fact with Blake's winning artists is that he continues to nurture their music careers long after The Voice is over.

Last edited by Jewel on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jewel
Jewel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:35 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:I see Blake doesn't have a wedding ring on tonight.
WW, I noticed that as well tonight.  The Blinds must have been taped prior to early July as he was wearing it then.

Jewel
Jewel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:12 am

Jewel wrote:
WidderWoman4 wrote:I see Blake doesn't have a wedding ring on tonight.
WW, I noticed that as well tonight.  The Blinds must have been taped prior to early July as he was wearing it then.

Jewel, yep, I think you're right.

And I wouldn't have noticed if the rumor machine hadn't been in overdrive, but I can see Blake and Gwen being awfully nice to each other.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:15 am

I'm not sure I've ever seen battle rounds this evenly matched.  Usually I watch and say, "Oh, So-and-So obviously won it."  I couldn't say that on the October 12 show.  They were beautifully paired, and absolutely outstanding.

"Fortunate Son" knocked my socks off.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:39 am

I heard on some show, maybe the Insider but I'm not sure, that Blake and Gwen are not dating per Blake's close friends.  Blake is not dating anyone right now he is just enjoying his life and is happy where he is right now.  The flirting, if there is any between him and Gwen are just for show for good TV, kinda like the showmances on DWTS.

I haven't seen tonight's show yet but I will try to remember to look at his hands tomorrow night.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top