The SharNick Thread - Nick and Sharna

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The SharNick Thread - Nick and Sharna - Page 18 Empty Re: The SharNick Thread - Nick and Sharna

Post by Babs2147 Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:01 am

They captured our hearts; that makes them winners! Smile
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

The SharNick Thread - Nick and Sharna - Page 18 Empty Re: The SharNick Thread - Nick and Sharna

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:17 am

You're right, sisters- but let's be honest and admit that one of these USD 12.50 mirror balls would have been the icing on the cake and a reward for passion, hard work, and dedication- or why would so many people make such crazy efforts just to get one? On the other hand, isn't it devaluated if they throw it away like this season and carry their designated pro-winner to his sixth trophy on a stretcher? Heck, the guy was so exhausted they had to wake him up, or he would have slept through the GMA after party! You could clearly see it coming as the season went on. Let him have his lifetime achievement award, and that's it. He has been called a living legend in season 18 already, which is normally reserved for artists over 70 who have the best behind them. Season 18 he lost to Maks, 19 to Witney, 20 to Val, this season it really should have been Sharna! It has become hard to watch how they squeeze him out. I hope they finally let him off the hook now. 
I also couldn't help but compare Derek to Mark and Val and how they took care of their teenage partners. No point for Hough there. And what kind of mother watches her kid (not old enough yet to decide for her own like Tamar could) getting battered and bruised, with even the toe nails falling off, and does nothing but add another story of heroism to the media hype? May God be with them if one day Bindi grows up to understand how this unholy alliance has abused her as a vehicle and a cash cow.

The bitter irony is that this girl was good enough to win anyway, but a fair competition with the other three would of course have lowered her chances down to 25% and was apparently considered too risky business. At the beginning of the season, I really hoped we would see another Sadie or Zendaya. I even said I could imagine her taking it home, but the way Team Crikey was rubbed in our faces was the acid drop in a great season with a remarkable cast.

And now let's focus on what will remain. I think I need a run of the fabulous Saturday Night Samba and the Finale Jive to make me feel better. It usually works.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:41 am

Good post, bro and yes, it would be sweet to have one of ours win the trophy. We did enjoy Rumer's and Val's win and Alfonso and Witney so we can claim them as ours, too! 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Exactly! At least for me, Meryl and Maks belong there too, and let's not forget Tamar and Val, winners or not! The most memorable performers for me: M&M, Jeta, Chongatroyd, Witfonso, Valenrue, Valentay, and SharNick.

Can't remember if Corbin and Karina had a team name, but the list would be incomplete without them.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:36 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Exactly! At least for me, Meryl and Maks belong there too, and let's not forget Tamar and Val, winners or not! The most memorable performers for me: M&M, Jeta, Chongatroyd, Witfonso, Valenrue, Valentay, and SharNick.

Can't remember if Corbin and Karina had a team name, but the list would be incomplete without them.
Yes, I agree with your additions and will add Zen and Val, 'cause I adored every darn thing they did. I can't remember the Corbin-Karina team name either but they were winners all the way. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:53 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:You're right, sisters- but let's be honest and admit that one of these USD 12.50 mirror balls would have been the icing on the cake and a reward for passion, hard work, and dedication- or why would so many people make such crazy efforts just to get one? On the other hand, isn't it devaluated if they throw it away like this season and carry their designated pro-winner to his sixth trophy on a stretcher? Heck, the guy was so exhausted they had to wake him up, or he would have slept through the GMA after party! You could clearly see it coming as the season went on. Let him have his lifetime achievement award, and that's it. He has been called a living legend in season 18 already, which is normally reserved for artists over 70 who have the best behind them. Season 18 he lost to Maks, 19 to Witney, 20 to Val, this season it really should have been Sharna! It has become hard to watch how they squeeze him out. I hope they finally let him off the hook now. 
I also couldn't help but compare Derek to Mark and Val and how they took care of their teenage partners. No point for Hough there. And what kind of mother watches her kid (not old enough yet to decide for her own like Tamar could) getting battered and bruised, with even the toe nails falling off, and does nothing but add another story of heroism to the media hype? May God be with them if one day Bindi grows up to understand how this unholy alliance has abused her as a vehicle and a cash cow.

The bitter irony is that this girl was good enough to win anyway, but a fair competition with the other three would of course have lowered her chances down to 25% and was apparently considered too risky business. At the beginning of the season, I really hoped we would see another Sadie or Zendaya. I even said I could imagine her taking it home, but the way Team Crikey was rubbed in our faces was the acid drop in a great season with a remarkable cast.

And now let's focus on what will remain. I think I need a run of the fabulous Saturday Night Samba and the Finale Jive to make me feel better. It usually works.
Excellent post, bro!   Let's have some beers Beer and do the jive to Shake it off! Disco dance
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:38 am

Here's to you, Babs! A beer or two would be great to fight my dehydration. Watched the finals again last night (already a little more relaxed this time) and had my share of Shiraz Sharna, Barolo Burgess, Cabernet Carson, and Arnold Amaretto. Then went on to Strictly week ten, which of course meant switching to Guiness and Dry Gin. Not my cup of tea, so I crowned it with my latest acquisition: Backstreet Bourbon!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:24 am

Here's what the beautiful Sharna herself had to say:
sharnaburgess"There may not have been a trophy at the end of our journey but @nickcarter we have won so much already. Thank you for allowing me to help you discover and find yourself through dance. You are a dear friend, you are family to me, and you know I'm a #BSG FOR LIFE!!! And @bindisueirwin you make me so proud to be an Aussie, you absolutely deserved that mirrorball !!! Congratulations you little beauty".
The SharNick Thread - Nick and Sharna - Page 18 11410710

I suggest we leave it at that.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Yes I agree and I'm done with people coming on the Team SharNick thread and trying to justify the win by saying Sharna and Nick think the B deserved it .....if they said anything different then they would be shamed for saying something mean about that sweet wonderful poor little girl that lost her father 8 years ago. It's been made clear that according to some, Nick and Sharna saying the B deserved it means Nick and Sharna think they didn't. I strongly disagree, so yes we get it according to everyone the others were just aiming for 2nd place.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Just saw and adorable picture of Sharna with her dog...too cute!!  She is so tiny that the dog is as big as she is!! 
  When Nick and Sharna were on gma after the finals someone brought out a poster of Nick when he was young and just started in the BackStreet Boys. He had a rose in his mouth it was too cute!! Sharna said....."I'm pretty sure I had that poster!!"   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:04 pm

I saw that too- Nick didn't look too happy though.The SharNick Thread - Nick and Sharna - Page 18 12298810
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:34 pm

Hahaha!!!  I love it!!  I wasn't sure if he was unhappy or trying to recreate the 'look'!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Great pic, bro. Thanks for posting it!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:57 am

What an adorable picture!  Gosh, Nick has aged well. Smile 

Looks more like 25 than 35!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WesalA Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:47 pm

Hello everyone in this beautiful forum  Smile

Thank you all for supporting team SharNick. I was so sad Crying  about them not winning, but I don't want to say mean things about the winners Mad! . All I can say is Nick is a class act to say that Bindi deserved to win after all the pimping I have seen for that couple. I started watching DWTS in season 18 and I was so excited about M&M and voted hard for their win. I continued to watch and enjoyed season 19 the most with Alfonso and Whitney and Sadie and Mark. This season felt like pimping another win for Derek from week 3 with this tweet which ruined the season for me,

https://servimg.com/view/19376875/4

I was so upset since it is the first season with a BSB member and for Nick to be partnered with Sharna was like a dream come true for me Love . I enjoyed the fact that Nick grew as a dancer and wasn't a 10 from week 3 or 4. Nick is a very private person and doesn't talk much about his struggles. The fact that he shared a lot of his personal life on the show goes to show that he took winning seriously and wasn't in it for the money. I loved the Salsa, Jive, Viennese Waltz and Samba the most from team SharNick and they will be forever my favorite team.

WesalA

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:09 pm

And that's the way it should be! You're right; no need for nasty comments about Bindi. The poor girl just never realized it wasn't about her at all. Anyway, I've said earlier that SharNick delivered the routines people will remember from season 21. I would add their Quickstep to your list, and I also loved Nick's Paso with Witney.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Back to top