After Paradise Question: Crazy or Crazy like a Fox?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After Paradise Question:  Crazy or Crazy like a Fox? Empty After Paradise Question: Crazy or Crazy like a Fox?

Post by Hummdrumm Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:52 am

To air that question on After Paradise was disgusting, degrading and demeaning.

I was just mortified.  There is nothing funny, innocent, permissible or okay with that question at all.

How awful for a lovely woman like Ashley (she looked so pretty tonight) to have to sit there and listen to that question being asked to a nationwide audience.   To question that Ashley is mentally deranged?!?

And who the h*ll does that lady (apparently famous for tweets), sitting opposite of Ashley is to state that Ashley is crazy and she said it over and over?!?   We have to endure enough crap from men (like Joe) and then to hear another woman call Ashley crazy!?!?!?  hairpull   It was just appalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mad!

ABC, Chris Harrison and the producers should be ashamed of themselves and should come forward with an apology.   Just disgusting how our culture thinks this offensive question is acceptable in the least bit. 

After Paradise is a lame show. Yuck

Hummdrumm

Back to top Go down

After Paradise Question:  Crazy or Crazy like a Fox? Empty Re: After Paradise Question: Crazy or Crazy like a Fox?

Post by singlyme Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:53 am

Yes, it's pretty lame, HD.  But I didn't take offense at the question because Ashley did her best to convince us (on Chris' season) that she was a nut job.  Somehow, she produces that blank stare that hints she's in a world inside her own head.

Jenny Tweeter admitted to being crazy herself.  There must be an audience who wonder whether or not Ashley was acting.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

After Paradise Question:  Crazy or Crazy like a Fox? Empty Re: After Paradise Question: Crazy or Crazy like a Fox?

Post by rkc1960 Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:12 am

I was starting to wonder on Chris' season if Ashley was on some kind of drug that caused her to act like that. After seeing Ashley do Kaitlyn's hair on her season and talking quite lucid I knew it was an act. 

I'm not particularly fond of that woman that is CH's co-host on After Paradise but it didn't surprise me that the question was asked. For whatever reason the choice was made for her to act that way on Chris' season so now she has that reputation that will stick with her. I had heard that she acted that way on Chris' season because she became bored very quickly after arriving and she didn't see anything with Chris and she did things to entertain herself. So then she was edited as the crazy lady.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Kinda like Clare talking to the raccoon.  Smile

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BachTherapy Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:16 pm

I thought it was rude for the female host to say she was crazy, too. At least America said she was crazy like a fox by 77%, I think. Love Ashley S.

This show is really terrible. I don't usually sit thru the whole thing. They took the abc board away from us to make a show out of it. They should just have a bunch of fans around a "round table" and discuss it. No more C Level celebrities. Who cares what they think? 

We all know where the real discussion takes place. HERE!
BachTherapy
BachTherapy

Back to top Go down

Post by oaker55 Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:41 pm

Right off hand I don't remember what she said last week but at the time I thought it was really something that you would hear on a cable network.  She seems to be there for the shock value more than anything else.
oaker55
oaker55

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Is there a possibility Ashley knew she was going to be asked the question and was prepared for it?  Wasn't her "craziness" the main reason she was cast in the first place and asked on the post-game show?  My theory is that everything in these Bach shows is presumed to be under the producers' control unless proven otherwise.

Last edited by Buckeye Belle on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Buckeye Belle wrote:Is there a possibility Ashley knew she was going to be asked the question and was prepared for it?  Wasn't her "craziness" the main reason she was cast and asked in the post-game show?  My theory is that everything in these Bach shows is under the producers' control unless proven otherwise.
ITA - especially with the bolded.  Jumping up and down
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Chris Harrison is trying so hard to be cool and upbeat but he and his pathetic side-kick are nothing but trolls. Whats her name...stated last week that Gillian having a penis etc., fake boobs but a penis. Is she a mental case or what -->the crazy sidekick. Who the hell is she? (Can I say h-e-double toothpicks?) The audience laughing, I guess it doesn't take much to laugh at someone else's expense. I'd say more but keeping it clean. Wink   
Azure
Azure

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:09 pm

The "After" show was soooooo boring when Tenley was on (and on and on) I fell asleep and missed Ashely and Jonathon. I wanted to see them!

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:10 pm

Hey Azure - you can say hell as much as you want.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Starz wrote:Hey Azure - you can say hell as much as you want.
Hell isn't dirty; it's as hot as a self-cleaning oven! Duh

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:15 pm

BachTherapy wrote:I thought it was rude for the female host to say she was crazy, too. At least America said she was crazy like a fox by 77%, I think. Love Ashley S.

This show is really terrible. I don't usually sit thru the whole thing. They took the abc board away from us to make a show out of it. They should just have a bunch of fans around a "round table" and discuss it. No more C Level celebrities. Who cares what they think? 

We all know where the real discussion takes place. HERE!

As bad as it was, I thought it was better than last week's show.  I didn't change the channel as many times as I did last week.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:31 pm

I fell asleep during Tenley's part, too.  Just watched the rest today.  I wonder how Ashley S. felt about the edited "para-Ash-tivity" video.  On the After Paradise show, they showed her mouth wide open as if in shock, and then they went to commercial.  They tried to make the Ashley video seem creepy with their special effects.  

Ashley S. acted normal in Michelle Money's video regarding the Bachelor girls.  It's an older video, made after season 19.  I think I had posted about it on the ABC board.  Anyway, it was interesting to see her be normal.

I think she is quirky at times, but the producers like to make her appear even more so, or appear crazy.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Gee thanks...Very Happy 
Azure
Azure

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:40 pm

Buckeye Belle wrote:
Hell isn't dirty; it's as hot as a self-cleaning oven! Duh
LOL
Azure
Azure

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:10 pm

I like Ashley.  I think she is smart and nice but I do feel there is something off about her.  I don't know what it is.  I wish I knew.  She does kind of get into her own world.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:18 pm

I think she is a kind and caring person that just seems to go off in her own little dream world now and then.

Last edited by SLA44 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:28 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I like Ashley.  I think she is smart and nice but I do feel there is something off about her.  I don't know what it is.  I wish I knew.  She does kind of get into her own world.
I like Ashley, too.  She's interesting without all the sappy drama involving the other women.  And she's proven herself.  Whatever the origin of her noteworthy behavior--scripted or ad lib--she has something the producers and viewers seem to appreciate.  Perhaps what appears "off" with her comes from a combination of her natural personality and a willingness to ham it up a bit.

Whatever she's doing, it's gotten her a second gig, some great face time, and some recognition--all of which she might have been seeking from the get-go.  And she's done it all without having to become the next girl-you-love-to-hate.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:36 pm

She is perceptive, caring and honest.  I like the way she sometimes gets right to the heart of what is happening quickly.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:55 am

Ashley S. is a gem.  A multifaceted, natural gem.  I am glad we have been able to see so many sides of her over the arc of four different settings/shows; The Bachelor, a cameo in the B'ette, BIP, and After Paradise.  I think she is a beauty, inside and out.

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by lolada Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Yeah, that live poll was ridiculous.

I like Ashley S too, she seems like a cool girl and she's intelligent, beautiful and so on. And she was cute in after paradise!

I don't think she was that offended with them calling her crazy tho, because she just acted crazy because she was bored. It's all an act.

Like in the After Paradise, she acted wierd and made crazy eyes for like 10% of the interview and the rest 90% of it she acted like a normal person and she spoke very well.

I bet she told Dan at the hospital that it was all an act, so they become a couple. I doubt Dan would date a crazy person Very Happy .
And producers don't really show anything about her in BiP...because she's normal.
lolada
lolada

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:13 am

You'll note that with normal behavior, we don't see her getting much screen time.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 1MilitaryWifey Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:36 pm

oaker55 wrote:Right off hand I don't remember what she said last week but at the time I thought it was really something that you would hear on a cable network.  She seems to be there for the shock value more than anything else.
Not even commenting on that constantly crying OLD idiot Ashley I.  I just wanted to tell you that I adore your beautiful doggie.  Your baby is *smiling* beautifully for the camera.  LoL  LOVE IT!

1MilitaryWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:11 pm

rkc1960 wrote:I was starting to wonder on Chris' season if Ashley was on some kind of drug that caused her to act like that. After seeing Ashley do Kaitlyn's hair on her season and talking quite lucid I knew it was an act. 

I'm not particularly fond of that woman that is CH's co-host on After Paradise but it didn't surprise me that the question was asked. For whatever reason the choice was made for her to act that way on Chris' season so now she has that reputation that will stick with her. I had heard that she acted that way on Chris' season because she became bored very quickly after arriving and she didn't see anything with Chris and she did things to entertain herself. So then she was edited as the crazy lady.
Interesting blog (article) by Ashley S......not a crazy person at all like the show portrayed.  And a little more insight by yet another person telling about the show's manipulation.

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2015/03/back-to-reality-auburn-grad-ashley-salter-reflects-on-bachelor-stardom-boredom/#.VdPI35fQOJe
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top