Tenley Question

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tenley Question - Page 2 Empty Re: Tenley Question

Post by USN Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:58 am

No, Kasey Stewart.  Kasey Kahl hooked up with Vienna.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:35 am

rkc1960 wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:At least JJ gave the rose to her instead of Jillian.  I was glad for that.
True. However, that's something that creeps me out about this show. Tenley had to do something fast to get JJ's rose. She had shown no interest in him up until that point and she knew time was running out to get that last available rose. She started sidling up to him, throwing her legs over him and kissing him in about 5 seconds flat. I'm sure Jillian did the same thing because she obviously wasn't interested in him either. It's like all self respect goes on the window just to get that coveted rose so they can stay to make out with someone else another day.

I thought Tenley was a little overboard but she accomplished her mission.  JJ will be nothing more than a life-preserver that keeps her afloat until a real (dream)boat paddles up from the beach.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:01 am

Glittersisgld wrote:
newto wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:Do you guys remember Kiptyn?  He wasn't very appealing.  She can do better.  I think Tenley was just being nice to JJ so she wouldn't have to leave the show.

I certainly do remember Kiptyn.  He was on Jillian Harris' season.  He treated Jillian very well and they had some of the more "normal" dates I've ever seen in this franchise.  I thought he was kind of cute, but after a while with Tenley you could see he was just stringing her along.
I got Kiptyn mixed up with Kasey.  I thought Tenley went out with Kasey for a while.  I know Vienna went out with him.  Well, okay, now I feel bad that she lost Kiptyn.

Tenley did not "lose" Kiptyn.  He dumped her, and frankly, I think she is better off without him.

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:49 am

shayvo wrote:I never really cared for Tenley...thought she was too sweetsy or too desperate...can't really put my finger on why she turned me off. With that said, I felt really bad for her when she said she and Kiptyn dated for 5 years and now he is having a baby with someone else. That had to be devastating for her.  Anyone know why they broke up?  Did he get someone else pregnant or did they break up before that happened?
 Tenley said at the beginning of BIP when she was talking about herself and the breakup with Kiptyn that Kiptyn had a child with a woman he had met at about the same time they got together.  Have to wonder if Kiptyn was seeing this other woman off and on for five years while he was with Tenley and if Tenley knew about it all along?  Maybe this is why the on again off again between Tenley and Kiptyn; also makes me question Kiptyn's integrity.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:11 am

sdreindeer wrote:

Tenley said at the beginning of BIP when she was talking about herself and the breakup with Kiptyn that Kiptyn had a child with a woman he had met at about the same time they got together.  Have to wonder if Kiptyn was seeing this other woman off and on for five years while he was with Tenley and if Tenley knew about it all along?  Maybe this is why the on again off again between Tenley and Kiptyn; also makes me question Kiptyn's integrity.
Exactly. Sounds a bit suspicious, doesn't it?

Btw, good to see you back on here, rein....
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:42 am

rkc1960 wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:

Hi rkc....I don't think too much of Kiptyn....I saw a pic of him holding his baby and a letter he wrote to his newborn.  First paragraph   “I promise to be there for you, always. To put you first, support you, and be someone you can count on — no matter the situation, time or place — I’ll be there for you,” he wrote on Instagram. “I promise to live my life in a way that gives you an example of a good man and positive role model. I will teach you to respect, appreciate, and love a woman. To open doors, take your first bite second, and be a source of strength, security, and caring.”

I had to snicker about the part of respect, appreciate and love a woman.  Didn't Kiptyn cheat on Tenley?  Is Kiptyn going to marry the mother of his child?  Not so sure about the good man and positive role model bit.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:48 am

sdreindeer wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:

Hi rkc....I don't think too much of Kiptyn....I saw a pic of him holding his baby and a letter he wrote to his newborn.  First paragraph   “I promise to be there for you, always. To put you first, support you, and be someone you can count on — no matter the situation, time or place — I’ll be there for you,” he wrote on Instagram. “I promise to live my life in a way that gives you an example of a good man and positive role model. I will teach you to respect, appreciate, and love a woman. To open doors, take your first bite second, and be a source of strength, security, and caring.”

I had to snicker about the part of respect, appreciate and love a woman.  Didn't Kiptyn cheat on Tenley?  Is Kiptyn going to marry the mother of his child?  Not so sure about the good man and positive role model bit.
Wow. Makes you wonder if they even stop to think that people can poke so many holes in things you say if you post them online. Hopefully he has turned over a new leaf now that he is a father. We can always hope.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by h28koala Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:34 pm

I also was annoyed by the age bashing.  31 is old?  I'm pretty sure (at least where I live) most of my friends all got married around 30 as they worked hard at their careers and figuring out what kind of man they wanted first!  This has helped them have fulfilling and wonderful men in their lives instead of jumping at the first hot guy at 23 and getting married and it not working! 

A lot of women that get married very young get divorced because they realize the relationship isn't right or they feel the pull of dating other people.  (From what I have noticed, NOT a universal statement) 

Ashley Non Onion is the perfect example of this.  She wants to date Jared based on looks and being her Aladdin, not because of any sort of real relationship based type stuff. 

I felt Ashley I's statements were very unfair.  I was so tired of seeing her on the screen crying.  I started fast forwarding her nonsense.  I know WHY BIP has her on this show but I would much rather watch the "older" women instead of a crying immature girl!  I am so tired of the screen time with her and her sister!  Can't they follow some of the other contestants around?  Although I guess BIP is pretty much just a drama fest so we get what we signed up for.  LOL.

I think that Ashley's sister is the one that is pregnant, that is why she hasn't jumped all over the men.  And I really hope that Claire will lure Jared away.  Or perhaps he will go after Jade.  Can't wait for more men to arrive!

Can I just say I have loved Kirk all along and am really happy to see him!  I don't think Carly is really the right fit for him but they seem really happy!

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:44 pm

h28koala wrote:I also was annoyed by the age bashing.  31 is old?  I'm pretty sure (at least where I live) most of my friends all got married around 30 as they worked hard at their careers and figuring out what kind of man they wanted first!  This has helped them have fulfilling and wonderful men in their lives instead of jumping at the first hot guy at 23 and getting married and it not working! 

A lot of women that get married very young get divorced because they realize the relationship isn't right or they feel the pull of dating other people.  (From what I have noticed, NOT a universal statement) 

Ashley Non Onion is the perfect example of this.  She wants to date Jared based on looks and being her Aladdin, not because of any sort of real relationship based type stuff. 

I felt Ashley I's statements were very unfair.  I was so tired of seeing her on the screen crying.  I started fast forwarding her nonsense.  I know WHY BIP has her on this show but I would much rather watch the "older" women instead of a crying immature girl!  I am so tired of the screen time with her and her sister!  Can't they follow some of the other contestants around?  Although I guess BIP is pretty much just a drama fest so we get what we signed up for.  LOL.

I think that Ashley's sister is the one that is pregnant, that is why she hasn't jumped all over the men.  And I really hope that Claire will lure Jared away.  Or perhaps he will go after Jade.  Can't wait for more men to arrive!

Can I just say I have loved Kirk all along and am really happy to see him!  I don't think Carly is really the right fit for him but they seem really happy!
I think that statement about a pregnancy was solely for drama and I doubt any of it is true. Wasn't the word 'virgin' thrown in that bit of drama somewhere? Then that would definitely leave out Ashley's sister that 'finishes off' the guys that Ashley flirts with. LOL
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:22 pm

newto wrote:
Tenley did not "lose" Kiptyn.  He dumped her, and frankly, I think she is better off without him.
Isn't that kind of the same thing?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:27 pm

h28koala wrote:I also was annoyed by the age bashing.  
Did you watch Ashley on After Paradise?  She did admit that she said those things out of jealousy.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:59 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:
Did you watch Ashley on After Paradise?  She did admit that she said those things out of jealousy.
31 is hardly old, and Ashley is 27, only 4 years younger than Tenley...it was a dumb statement, but I don't think Ashley is Mensa material.  I do think, however, that Tenley is too old to still be in the Bach Bubble, and still trolling for guys through this show. She needs to find a nice guy in her hometown, at church, or through friends, work, in the grocery store...lol...or anywhere but where she is looking.  It makes her look desperate, which is never attractive to a man. And, she needs to act like a confidant 31 year old woman, not like a demure little girl. I would give Ashley I some of the same advice.
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:20 pm

shayvo wrote:
31 is hardly old, and Ashley is 27, only 4 years younger than Tenley...it was a dumb statement, but I don't think Ashley is Mensa material.  I do think, however, that Tenley is too old to still be in the Bach Bubble, and still trolling for guys through this show. She needs to find a nice guy in her hometown, at church, or through friends, work, in the grocery store...lol...or anywhere but where she is looking.  It makes her look desperate, which is never attractive to a man. And, she needs to act like a confidant 31 year old woman, not like a demure little girl. I would give Ashley I some of the same advice.
I agree 31 is not old.  I wish I was 31.  I think Ashley meant some women will say anything about another woman when they are jealous.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by h28koala Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:55 pm

I did not watch after paradise as I was traveling and did not know they were doing that! Based on your reviews I will next week though! I am glad Ashley admitted that. I wish they did this last year. Remember the girl I think it was another Ashleigh that went after Graham Bunn and acted odd when he wasn't around? Would have wanted to hear her side. I don't think this show needs to be ageist. I mean there are men here that are older and women that are older so fair game as far as I am concerned! Wish I was there to meet Kirk!

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by h28koala Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:56 pm

RKC totally agree that was for drama! THey did that with Chris's season if you remember.

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:15 pm

h28koala wrote:I did not watch after paradise as I was traveling and did not know they were doing that!  Based on your reviews I will next week though!  I am glad Ashley admitted that. I wish they did this last year. Remember the girl I think it was another Ashleigh that went after Graham Bunn and acted odd when he wasn't around?  Would have wanted to hear her side. I don't think this show needs to be ageist. I mean there are men here that are older and women that are older so fair game as far as I am concerned!  Wish I was there to meet Kirk!
Yes, I remember Ashleigh and Graham.  I almost forgot about her until you brought her up.  I liked Ashley on After Paradise.  She fit right in with the professionals.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:21 pm

shayvo wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:

I agree with everything you say and I would add that I don't think Tenley is Mensa material either.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:18 pm

Ashley is more Mensa than one may think. She has a Masters from an Ivy League University. That is why she is now socially awkward. She hit the books heavy for all those years instead of being a party girl. She is very intelligent.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:21 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
shayvo wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:

I agree with everything you say and I would add that I don't think Tenley is Mensa material either.
Very true. I don't think any of them are Mensa material. I doubt they have ever had a Mensa candidate apply for this show.  Study
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:24 pm

Kelsey Poe is probably Mensa
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by shayvo Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:32 pm

Starz wrote:Ashley is more Mensa than one may think. She has a Masters from an Ivy League University. That is why she is now socially awkward. She hit the books heavy for all those years instead of being a party girl. She is very intelligent.
WOW!  I would have never guessed that. She doesn't present herself as being super intelligent.  She shouldn't downplay her intelligence. Being smart is much more attractive than being an insecure cry baby.
shayvo
shayvo

Back to top Go down

Post by idoiwill Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:53 am

shayvo wrote:
Starz wrote:Ashley is more Mensa than one may think. She has a Masters from an Ivy League University. That is why she is now socially awkward. She hit the books heavy for all those years instead of being a party girl. She is very intelligent.
WOW!  I would have never guessed that. She doesn't present herself as being super intelligent.  She shouldn't downplay her intelligence. Being smart is much more attractive than being an insecure cry baby.
She got her masters from Syracuse University, which is no where near Ivy League level.  She's not that intelligent, she's just not as stupid as she tried to pretend to be. 

Many types of intelligence, but my guess IQ, Kelsey has her beat.  She definitely went to a better school for her masters.

idoiwill

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:30 am

Would you think that Sharon Stone supposedly has a high IQ?  It isn't always that apparent when people are so intelligent.  Some people are just better at sounding smart.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by h28koala Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:21 pm

The cerebral brainy ones typically don't translate well.  I can think of Ames (from Desiree season) as being very accomplished and intelligent and there was the Epidemiologist from a past guys season that I can't remember.  She didn't make it terribly far but was well spoken just came across as awkward at times but the other girls had gotten along with her. 

Both of them were definitely intelligent.

As for Ashley - I can't really chime in because I haven't watched any non BIP or Bach shows with her but from what I have seen on BIP etc she seems so far from being intelligent its tough to even comprehend.  She is so crazy emotional.  You have a good point though - it could be that she has no people skills - even being able to read people.  I mean most of us can read body language and figure out if someone is interested or feel out good conversation topics.  She may lack this entirely.

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:31 pm

I thought she was good on After Paradise though and good in front of an audience.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top