Between Seasons Conversations

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 17 Empty Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by suebob16 Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:35 am

peebeeb, I'm with you on "le big sigh."  Had a good time looking back at James, Paige, and Nyle videos for my list I did earlier.   Smile

Also here is a new pic of Sharna wearing a fan-made hat that says "S'Money"--a phrase that she and James came up with that was explained in their second FB chat.  It means when something is so good "it's money" = "S'Money."

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 17 15871580_1054244981369553_3431354544501144585_n

"@hinchtown look it's our thing!! An amazing fan MADE this for me Between Seasons Conversations - Page 17 1f642Smile))) #smoney when it's so good it's money Between Seasons Conversations - Page 17 1f609"

Queen
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:29 am

suebob16 wrote:peebeeb, I'm with you on "le big sigh."  Had a good time looking back at James, Paige, and Nyle videos for my list I did earlier.   Smile

Also here is a new pic of Sharna wearing a fan-made hat that says "S'Money"--a phrase that she and James came up with that was explained in their second FB chat.  It means when something is so good "it's money" = "S'Money."

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 17 15871580_1054244981369553_3431354544501144585_n

"@hinchtown look it's our thing!! An amazing fan MADE this for me Between Seasons Conversations - Page 17 1f642Smile))) #smoney when it's so good it's money Between Seasons Conversations - Page 17 1f609"

Queen
I hope that the next season gives us something even close to what we had with Nyle and James. Those teams were magic. Smile
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:54 am

Sharna looks scrumptious as per usual in that cap. Now if that fan would make one for James too. And then if we could get a pic of the two of them wearing those caps......
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 am

Glittersisgld wrote:
DMD, I was obviously joking when I said this.  That is why I added the Lol!  It was a joking sarcastic remark.  I definitely admit to that.  I thought you would know that.  It's like when people say Chinese people all should know each other.  It was a take-off from that. 

Thanks for the honest reply, Glitters. (I’m referring to both your consecutive posts). Maybe we struggle getting each other’s humor sometimes. Sh…t happens. I’ll work on that.

However, Welk’s fame never made it to my ears. He either wasn’t in the same league as e.g. Glenn Miller, Count Basie, and Benny Goodman, or it’s just me. But I think I remember Arnie now. He was born as Danny DeVito’s twin brother, then did some workout, and has since earned his living as a Kindergarten Cop, Governor, and Terminator. He is said to be bilingual- I just can’t find out which languages he’s actually speaking. (His movie parts have been dubbed over by other actors for Germany, and I’m not even joking here for a change).

We can agree that mentality roots in origin, but obviously leaves room for individual shaping. Migrants may decide to take over customs of their new nationality, or keep up the traditions of their native country. Maybe they combine the two, or their values are as universal that they are appreciated anyhow and anywhere (like the C-brothers and their family first attitude, for example).

In regards to personal like or dislike, all the above may not even matter too much if you just follow your instincts and don’t need an explanation. I think I get it now. If we look at James Hinchcliffe for that matter, unlike Lesallee I obviously couldn’t even tell what’s so typical Canadian about him- still I like the guy a lot. I do believe Nastia wasn’t shown in the best light on DWTS, but even without that and origins aside, you probably wouldn’t have voted for her, and I wasn’t trying to convince you otherwise. Let’s move on from there, if you agree.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:20 am

Lesallee wrote:Sharna looks scrumptious as per usual in that cap. Now if that fan would make one for James too. And then if we could get a pic of the two of them wearing those caps......
I want one!! (Talking about the cap and what's underneath.) She looks a bit tired though in that picture.
The caps would have been perfect for the trio jive, I think.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:42 am

Sharna probably is tired, bro. That tour coming right after the intense season 23 would exhaust someone with less stamina. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:10 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:And then... 
..."DMD must know who he is since Welk was German.  You know how all the Germans know each other.  Lol!"...

DMD, I was obviously joking when I said this.  That is why I added the Lol!  It was a joking sarcastic remark.  I definitely admit to that.  I thought you would know that.  It's like when people say Chinese people all should know each other.  It was a take-off from that. 
Lawrence Welk was born in Strassburg,N.D. at the turn of the century and his parents immigrated there in the late 1800s. They
were from what is known today as the Ukraine but was called something else then. Strassburg was almost all a German speaking town, which wasn't unusual at the time in this melting pot country. Most were not well educated and tended to stick together to make their lives easier.So until the second generations got their schooling and learned English, German tended to be the language spoken around the dinner table. Lawrence quit school after the 4th grade to help his parents around the farm. He begged his dad to buy him a mail order accordion for $400( $4500 in to todays prices) promising to pay it off by working around the farm until it was paid off.Which he did. After forming a number of bands he left home around age 21 and the rest was history. Cheers!

Last edited by bluechipdude on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:41 pm

I saw a pic of Lacey last winter and she had added a lot of weight. But here she is with another favouriteof mine, Dmitry Chaplin. This was last June and Lacey looks pretty fit to me!

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 17 Img_0451
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:53 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Let’s move on from there, if you agree.
Agreed. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Lacey does look fit and it actually doesn't look to me that she added weight, not that it matters she is a gorgeous girl and excellent dancer and choreographer! Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:58 pm

Forgive me, I couldn't resist. Saw this on FB today and the devil made me post it.

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 17 Img_0452
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:01 pm

That's hilarious! 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 pm

kincaid53 wrote:   Lacey does look fit and it actually doesn't look to me that she added weight, not that it matters she is a gorgeous girl and excellent dancer and choreographer! Very Happy
The pic I saw of a heavier Lacey was last winter. I think she has been quite busy lately and seems absolutely in shape. Lacey is another LL I love and it would be a treat to have her back on DWTS.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Lesallee wrote:
kincaid53 wrote:   Lacey does look fit and it actually doesn't look to me that she added weight, not that it matters she is a gorgeous girl and excellent dancer and choreographer! Very Happy
The pic I saw of a heavier Lacey was last winter. I think she has been quite busy lately and seems absolutely in shape. Lacey is another LL I love and it would be a treat to have her back on DWTS.

I think she is like Cheryl, in that she kind of goes up and down.  I agree it would be a real treat to see her .....those legs wow!!! Who was the Disney guy she made the finals with, he was a hoot!!   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:23 pm

Lesallee wrote:Forgive me, I couldn't resist. Saw this on FB today and the devil made me post it.

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 17 Img_0452

I love it!!  He is saying "an a one, an a two." !!   Whenever the dancers did the Polka, Lawrence always played the accordion!! Thanks so much for that blast from the past.....puts a big ol' Very Happy on my face!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:44 pm

They said on ET that Amber said on her podcast that she and Val have been in a relationship for 4 months. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:12 am

Lesallee wrote:Forgive me, I couldn't resist. Saw this on FB today and the devil made me post it.
Why the heck stop halfway? Might as well go there. What a weird experience for me watching this. I actually know the song- just someone else made it famous in Germany. Another reason I picked this one: there is this couple dancing to it (they did two lifts, Carrie Ann!!) and the guy is named Burgess...

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:34 am

kincaid53 wrote:
Lesallee wrote:

I think she is like Cheryl, in that she kind of goes up and down.  I agree it would be a real treat to see her .....those legs wow!!! Who was the Disney guy she made the finals with, he was a hoot!!   
That was Kyle 'are you staring at my boobs' Massey. They cracked me up, too. Kyle can still be seen in the audience quite often, and Lacey definitely should return to the show- not only on All Access. In that pic she looks better than ever. Legs and everything.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:51 am

Glittersisgld wrote:They said on ET that Amber said on her podcast that she and Val have been in a relationship for 4 months. 
That would be roundabout the time of the season premiere. Smart move, Val, to focus on your little champion and have your engaged brother take care of your girlfriend meanwhile.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:14 pm

That's right, Kyle! Thanks brother!    They were a fun couple...!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:They said on ET that Amber said on her podcast that she and Val have been in a relationship for 4 months. 

That's interesting, would not have guessed that in a million years!   I do know he talks her language, I don't get some of the things he says on twitter......maybe he thinks she can give him some 'street cred'.  Laughing or he is just mesmerized by the boobies and booty Very Happy
    Seriously I like her, I think like anyone else in the 'bizness' she might have a private side that Val sees and likes. I think she tried to bring that out in the show, but as always dwts has a preconceived agenda and storyline for everyone I know Maks and Peta  really like her.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:47 pm

There is a website ...Fame10/dwts..... you can go to that has some interesting info,
 Like, Stars that should have won
         Worst pros(spoiler...1-Dimitry
                                       2-Derek
                                       3-Tony
                                        4-Maksim
         Couples hooked up
My favorite...Behind scene secrets....Casting
                                                      Judges scoring
                                                      Story lines
                                                      Back up Stars(spoiler..they had David Carradine  rehearse for a week in case Master P didn't   show up

Of course this is one person gathering info...who knows where it comes from......but it was a snowy cold afternoon yesterday and I ran across it.....so decided to read it while finishing the rest of the eggnog Very Happy       

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:51 pm

Actually look up '8 Worst Dancing with the stars Pros'

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bailadora Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Val grew up in Brooklyn in the midst of hip-hop culture. And he has said repeatedly (allegedly joking) that "the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice". At first I thought that his relationship with Amber was mainly sexual (and said it here a few months ago) since she has been known as a very experienced woman in this regard. But when she started going to the C-family events it was obvious that the relationship had progressed further. Maks got to work with Amber for a few months & would have strongly warned his brother if he saw any obvious red flags. I think that this relationship helped Val to better handle the stress of season 23 & guide Laurie to victory. Nevertheless, we must admit that Amber has been deeply associated with the Kardashian milieu (Kim K. friend, Kanye West ex, Blac Chyna bff) & that group is pretty toxic. One can understand why some of Val fans were concerned, but Val is not a kid & life is too short to hide a relationship. Best wishes to both.

bailadora

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:22 am

The brothers have always been very close, but now Maks is focussed on Peta and their baby; hence for Val it's about time to cut the cord. On top of what's going on in his own family, he must have realized his DWTS bunch has been taking 'family show' to the next level lately. Only Sharna and Jenna go against the flow, but Witney, Lindsay, Kym, and Mark got married. Carrie Ann, Erin, and Emma/ Sasha got engaged. Allison had her second child; Edyta is expecting again. Not that it's supposed to put pressure on him, but I could imagine it might at least make him reflect on his own future perspective. Val himself has said he's ready for a relationship. If he feels Amber is the one, he doesn't need anyone's advice. (Nor did Maks. Remember the uproar among M&M shippers?) These social media comments are not even funny. Are some girls seeing their own bubbles burst?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top