Favourite and least favourite DWTS winner - all seasons

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favourite and least favourite DWTS winner - all seasons Empty Favourite and least favourite DWTS winner - all seasons

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:47 pm

We did this every so often on the ABC board but I don't know if we've done it here.

Favourite winner for me is now Nyle DeMarco. Nyle and Peta were magic together and I loved that partnership. Up until last season I would always list Kristi Yamaguchi as my fave and she is still right up there. Mark did amazing work with her.

Least favourite - Amber Riley. I could never see how any of her dances were great. She seemed middle of the pack to me. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Favourite and least favourite DWTS winner - all seasons Empty Re: Favourite and least favourite DWTS winner - all seasons

Post by suebob16 Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:44 pm

More often than not, I think I have enjoyed the teams who don't quite make it to the mirror ball more than the eventual winner.  Out of the winners Meryl Davis and Alfonso Ribeiro are favorites of mine. It may change if James wins this season. 

Least favorite:  I don't dislike any of them, but if I had to choose I suppose it would be Kellie Pickler because I was rooting for Zendaya.  Also Amber Riley.  I was rooting for Bill and I knew he wasn't going to win so I was then going for Corbin or Jack.  But I did enjoy her unique Freestyle.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Favourite and least favourite DWTS winner - all seasons Empty Re: Favourite and least favourite DWTS winner - all seasons

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Most favorite -- BINDI!

Least favorite -- probably Nyle.  I never warmed up to him.  Was happy that Peta got the MBT, though.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Least favorites, yes I have a tie here;  Shawn Johnson and Nicole

Have a list of those who could take top honors as to favorite and if you ask me again I could always say another one or two who I'd say is a favorite. None of my favorites are women.
Donny Osmond , Heinz Ward, JR Martinez

Like suebob, most of those I liked the best never made it to the mirror ball win
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:57 am

Least favorite, Kellie Pickler.  I can't say that enough.  I wasn't too happy about the Meryl hoopla either, but I didn't dislike her.
One of my favorites, Donald Driver partly because I was so glad Katherine Jenkins didn't win and he was cute.  Nicole even though she was a ringer, but a good dancer and beautiful. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:15 pm

I've also experienced several times that my picks didn't win, but this is about winners. I can't deny I'm biased and rather root for celebs paired with the pros I like most (Karina, Maks, Peta, Sharna). But my all-time favorite celebrity is hands down Brooke Burke. Way back then, Derek was the maverick and hungry for his first win. And there she came, a mother of four with the body of a supermodel and a natural dance ability Nicole could only dream of. I don't give a f... what people had to say about her hosting. As a dancer however, she'll always have a place in my heart.
Least favorite? Another of Derek's partners whose name also begins with a B (like in Backstreet).
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:19 pm

I missed some of the seasons and didn't get to watch Brooke.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm glad Brooke was a better dancer than host. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Hmmm... I see a pattern here....

Every single one of the folks answering this thread, except for me, named a partner of Derek, and in one case, two partners of Derek, as their least favorite winner(s). 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:42 pm

I don't go by the pros.  I choose by who is the celebrity.  I like Derek.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Hmmm... I see a pattern here....

Every single one of the folks answering this thread, except for me, named a partner of Derek, and in one case, two partners of Derek, as their least favorite winner(s). 
It's called probability calculus. He's had the most winners. That's all.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Loved Brooke and voted for them right from the start.  

Psychee I don't see this as any sort of pattern, just how it is. After all, your boy won 6 seasons so it follows that some of his were "least favourite winner".

Another partner of Derek's that I especially enjoyed was Jennifer Grey. I was so glad when they won.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:46 pm

I'm just saying that in picking your least favorite, you all chose women, and you all chose women who were partnered by Derek. 

Derek only won 27% of the MBTs.

So that is a pattern.  What it means, though, is not determined.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I don't go by the pros.  I choose by who is the celebrity.  I like Derek.

lol... Your choice of Kellie Pickler as your least favorite was no surprise at all, Glitter.  She has irritated you from day one and I am absolutely certain you would have been irritated by her no matter whom she was paired with! She's like nails on chalkboard to you. Very Happy
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Have to say my second LEAST favourite winner was Shawn Johnson and she won with Mark. Like Kellie Pickler annoyed Glitters, Shawn annoyed me.  

I confidently expect to say at the end of this Season 23 that James Hinchcliffe is my fave winner of all time.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:10 pm

Got to love the contrast here. 
I'm like the cuckoo in the nest.
Shawn and Kellie were my second and third favorite contestants on this show.  Shawn because she was fearlessly up for anything in her All-Stars season, not caring if she won or not, and Kellie because she was funny and ridiculously flexible.  Both because they inspired some of Derek's more creative "wow" routines.  Shawn's Bhangra and Kellie's AT are two of my favorites.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:56 am

Favorite... well there are quite a few that I truly enjoyed, but I think Nyle and Peta are the tops for me. I still watch their dances regularly.

Least favorite... oh I am so not going to go there. I'll just say that there are a few that I truly could not stand, and some winners that I still can't believe won.

Happy Early Halloween to all.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:55 am

Favorite winner : Meryl Davis
Least favorite winner: Melissa Rycroft
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:06 am

Since I have not watched the show from the beginning I can't say who my favourite of all the winners is.I would have to say that of all the winners I did watch I loved J.R.Martinez the most.He seemed to have such fun with the whole process.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:13 pm

It's kind of impossible to rank all winners dancewise anyway because the show has changed so much over the years. Most of the early champions would have a hard time nowadays and vice versa. So it really comes down to personal taste. In fairness to all champions, I will admit everyone won for a reason. Sometimes I wasn't happy with the person. Sometimes the reason bothered me either. Not that it makes much of a difference. But if things went my way again this time, I could easily be a bit more generous the next few seasons.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:28 pm

The show has changed for sure and yet I still rank Kristy Yamaguchi from way back in Season 6 as a super favourite. I just never forgot how much I enjoyed Kristy and Mark. So yes, picking a favourite is a very personal thing as is a least favourite. Sometimes you just have an affinity for someone and sometimes not. My least favourite, Amber Riley, simply did nothing for me. I would have loved Corbin and Karina to win but the voting fans saw it otherwise.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Corbin and Lady Karina were a dream team. It was just one of those seasons where the best didn't win.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:37 pm

I did not get to see Kristy, Brooke or Mel B.  I know Mel B didn't win, but I heard these people were good on the show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Mel B. should have won for sure. IMO the best dancer ever on DWTS was Mario Lopez. He came in second to Emmit because people liked Emmit's sweet personality more.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Two more of my favorite contestants -- not winners -- were Kyle Massey and Roshon Fegan.  Most folks remember Kyle, but few remember Roshon -- he was an amazing dancer who never made it to the semi-finals.  This is his performance in the Finale, doing the freestyle he never got the chance to do.  I wonder how many of the current contestants left can match his dancing:

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top