Switch-Up Week ....

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Switch-Up Week .... - Page 4 Empty Re: Switch-Up Week ....

Post by singlyme Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:03 am

Psychee22 wrote:Hmm... I agree that Bindi's large chest does not lend itself to the most flattering bodice designs, but I don't see "cleavage" and I don't see "bounce".   I see big, well-supported puppies packed in tight and covered up to the hilt with no boobage spilling out.  She is being dressed modestly, I think.

This is also what I see.

Someone above expects to see her lose weight through rehearsals.  Don't think so.  Bindi appears to have a hummingbird metabolism.  Somehow, given her interests and seemingly wholesome approach to nature, I don't suppose she's vain enough to worry whether or not she's svelte.  I had no idea she was 4'11".

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:40 am

beardiedawg wrote:

.......Tamar shot daggers as she got her scores........ 
Did you take a look at Louis? Oh my goodness. If looks could kill, those judges would be six feet under. Neither one of them received those scores very well and they both let everyone know how they felt just with their facial expressions.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:55 am

luvthepros wrote:
beardiedawg wrote:

Did you take a look at Louis? Oh my goodness. If looks could kill, those judges would be six feet under. Neither one of them received those scores very well and they both let everyone know how they felt just with their facial expressions.

Can't really blame them.  That routine was so demanding that those sevens were insulting.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:18 am

Somewhere in the Twittersphere I read that the stupid judging took all the fun out of SUW when it was an event "supposed" to be fun. Something to that, I believe. They were handing out scores as though it was just the natural progression of the competition with no thought that everyone was basically back to week one with new partners. 

Oh well, it's over, may it never return and next week should be better.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:22 am

She has a hummingbird metabolism?  Wouldn't that mean that she would be thin?  It isn't about worrying whether she is thin enough, but I think she would move better if she was.  People kept talking about her chest and I was adding that there are other parts of her body that are plump too and that if she lost weight, the weight in her chest would go down too.  Most people would lose weight if they did that much dancing. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:42 am

Glittersisgld wrote:She has a hummingbird metabolism?  Wouldn't that mean that she would be thin?  It isn't about worrying whether she is thin enough, but I think she would move better if she was.  People kept talking about her chest and I was adding that there are other parts of her body that are plump too and that if she lost weight, the weight in her chest would go down too.  Most people would lose weight if they did that much dancing. 

Glitter, I think she has always been very active -- like a hummingbird --- and perhaps that is what singlyme was trying to say.  So maybe we won't see a whole lot of weight loss as her activity level with dancing might perhaps be no more than what it is normally with all her outdoor activities.  It is just perhaps a question of whether she is eating enough calories to offset the activity.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Just keep in mind everybody there's the other side of the medal. Remember Wllow Shields and how her Dad kept forcing her to eat more, knowing her body would need it. The second example is Kirstie Alley. Not only did she literally dance her bum off, but at the same time she was on diet until her blood sugar dropped and she almost fainted during rehearsals. So losing weight whatever it takes might not be a good idea.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:39 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
luvthepros wrote:
beardiedawg wrote:

Can't really blame them.  That routine was so demanding that those sevens were insulting.

I agree...I wouldn't be smiling.....look back at the others ...they are not smiling when they get unfavorable critiques or scores, that's just natural and not unique to Tamar. Tamar was smiling at the end of their critiques.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:48 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Just keep in mind everybody there's the other side of the medal. Remember Wllow Shields and how her Dad kept forcing her to eat more, knowing her body would need it. The second example is Kirstie Alley. Not only did she literally dance her bum off, but at the same time she was on diet until her blood sugar dropped and she almost fainted during rehearsals. So losing weight whatever it takes might not be a good idea.

I don't see anything wrong at all with her body......I just wanted cuter clothes for her, but.......just like you said brother......the other side of that is they could put her in something different and I would be going eewww...oh no go back ....'be careful what you wish for' LoL!!! Bottom line for me it's  Bindi and Dereks choice and if her Mother likes the choices and Bindis comfortable in them then sparkle on cute girl!!      

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:56 pm

I'm not saying anyone should force her to lose weight but I don't think it would hurt her to lose any weight.  She is only 17.  It just gets worse as you get older.  She must really have a slow metabolism or is eating a lot of food if she isn't losing weight.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:11 pm

kincaid53 wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:Just keep in mind everybody there's the other side of the medal. Remember Wllow Shields and how her Dad kept forcing her to eat more, knowing her body would need it. The second example is Kirstie Alley. Not only did she literally dance her bum off, but at the same time she was on diet until her blood sugar dropped and she almost fainted during rehearsals. So losing weight whatever it takes might not be a good idea.

I don't see anything wrong at all with her body......I just wanted cuter clothes for her, but.......just like you said brother......the other side of that is they could put her in something different and I would be going eewww...oh no go back ....'be careful what you wish for' LoL!!! Bottom line for me it's  Bindi and Dereks choice and if her Mother likes the choices and Bindis comfortable in them then sparkle on cute girl!!     

I would like to see her in something cuter, too, sis. She is only 17 but they tog her out like a 35 year old woman. Result: this cute, animated kid looks frumpy! Emma is doing much better with the other kid, Hayes. If Derek doesn't know what to do, get some advice, boy!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:13 pm

What would they put her in to make her look younger?  I think she is partly limited because of her body.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:37 pm

In Australia, the media has sort of railroaded her into being a bit of a modesty advocate.  They did this by asking her once, when she was younger, to comment on the outfit of some young person who was dressed like a streetwalker, and she replied something with the idea that more modesty in dress wouldn't be such a bad idea... and then, next thing she knew, she was getting a whole lot of hate mail from young girls telling her to mind her own business. 

So...  if she were to let more of her bosom hang out, looking less "frumpy" as a result, they would take that out of context and give her a hard time, I think, calling her a hypocrite.  The kid can't win there.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Psychee22 wrote:In Australia, the media has sort of railroaded her into being a bit of a modesty advocate.  They did this by asking her once, when she was younger, to comment on the outfit of some young person who was dressed like a streetwalker, and she replied something with the idea that more modesty in dress wouldn't be such a bad idea... and then, next thing she knew, she was getting a whole lot of hate mail from young girls telling her to mind her own business. 

So...  if she were to let more of her bosom hang out, looking less "frumpy" as a result, they would take that out of context and give her a hard time, I think, calling her a hypocrite.  The kid can't win there.
I am certainly not advocating for bosoms hanging out all over the place, Psychee. But there is a way to dress her that plays to her strengths, cute, bubbly and above all a young teenager. This is being discussed on many DWTS forums and most all want to see her in nicer costumes. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:28 pm

I wonder if the public that are commenting on her outfits are just not used to seeing a young girl dress modestly.It seems a lot of the young ladies that are in the entertainment business are " hanging out all over" and that is what people are used to.

I see nothing wrong with what she is wearing and I do think her pro is very smart to put her in things she will be comfortable in.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:06 pm

Can't say I have seen any comments wishing Bindi was dressed in a revealing, skin baring fashion. They all simply hope for something more attractive and less dowdy for this happy, bubbly young lady.

I did a search on dance costumes for teenage girls and found loads of great designs, fun, young and light hearted while not dripping sexuality.

I think of Mark with Sadie and the very good job he did costuming her. Sure, they did a lot of Mark's way out style but the majority of their dances he had her dressed modestly, attractively and age appropriately. 

I would love to see Bindi in something that would suit her personality.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:17 pm

But Sadie had a different body.  She practically had a model's body.  I wonder if people want to see her in different colors?  Is it the colors that are a problem?  Did people have a problem with what Shawn wore?  They have more similar bodies but I think Bindi is even chubbier than Shawn.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:19 pm

As someone said, it is most important that she is comfortable with what she's wearing on the show. There is no use in talking her into costumes hurting her self-confidence. Derek could learn something from Mark though. He had two puritans, Candace and Sadie, and their transformation was amazing to watch. Nothing inappropriate, but definitely coming out of their shell. Anyway, I wouldn't like anything forced upon Bindi affecting her personality and joy of dancing. For hot bodies in breathtaking nothings of a costume, refer to Sharna, Witney, Emma, Lindsay, Karina, Anna, Jenna...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:33 pm

You forgot Peta!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:34 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:But Sadie had a different body.  She practically had a model's body.  I wonder if people want to see her in different colors?  Is it the colors that are a problem?  Did people have a problem with what Shawn wore?  They have more similar bodies but I think Bindi is even chubbier than Shawn.
I think it's a Derek thing. He dressed the similar body type Shawn Johnson in this same unimaginative costuming. When Shawn danced with Mark - totally different. And Val with Zendaya, fun costumes, right for the kid she was but not dull. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:56 am

Lesallee wrote:

I did a search on dance costumes for teenage girls and found loads of great designs, fun, young and light hearted while not dripping sexuality.

Something like this would be great for Bindi. Youthful and not revealing. Come on Derek and costume dept., get with the program.......

Switch-Up Week .... - Page 4 Cheerful-font-b-teen-b-font-girls-red-sequin-jazz-dance-font-b-costume-b-font
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:30 am

Exactly luv, this is cute and as I'm sure you found, there are so many attractive options available.

Back on the old ABC board a couple of years ago some of us were discussing costuming. I thought the costume department made the decisions but several very knowledgable DWTS people said no, that it is the pro who chooses the costumes with some input from the costume department. So, yes, Derek needs to step it up.

I neglected to mention how Mark dressed Willow. He had her in a lot of disguising costumes, it's true, but she was in great dance costumes most of the time. Mark is the master of costuming on DWTS I think. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Looks great on a flat-chested girl.   Bindi would look like a stuffed sausage in it, I think.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:You forgot Peta!
Oh come on, Glitters- Peta is evidently the body of truth! I just named pros participating this season. Otherwise we would certainly have to add Kym, Edyta, and a few others to the list. Smile
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:56 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Looks great on a flat-chested girl.   Bindi would look like a stuffed sausage in it, I think.
Can't agree with you on this. Mark used a very similar dress on the equally well endowed Shawn Johnson and she looked fabulous.

As to the stuffed sausage point, right now Bindi looks like two stuffed sausages in her outfits. LOL!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top