Switch-Up Week ....

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Switch-Up Week .... Empty Switch-Up Week ....

Post by Oakma Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:32 pm

Well seems things are being " highly produced " for the switch-up dances.TPTB have been changing which week it is and hand picking who gets who and all sorts of backroom sneakiness.

A certain site is in fits because of who there fav boy got and  who got his gal,they are crying fowl(ly) about it ... and loudly.

I don't care for switch-up week but I do get a kick out of the reaction that some have about the particulars of it.It is quite amusing to say the least.

Good luck to all the teams and bring on the switched duo's .... Giggle
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Switch-Up Week .... Empty Re: Switch-Up Week ....

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:18 pm

Oakma wrote:Well seems things are being " highly produced " for the switch-up dances.TPTB have been changing which week it is and hand picking who gets who and all sorts of backroom sneakiness.

A certain site is in fits because of who there fav boy got and  who got his gal,they are crying fowl(ly) about it ... and loudly.

I don't care for switch-up week but I do get a kick out of the reaction that some have about the particulars of it.It is quite amusing to say the least.

Good luck to all the teams and bring on the switched duo's .... Giggle

There's only really one "challenged" dancer left in the bunch (Paula).  And it looks like Mark got her.  I don't understand why anyone would complain about an Alexa - Derek pairing -- it seems like a terrific match to me --  and a Bindi-Val pairing can't negatively impact Bindi at all.  What's their beef?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:28 pm

Where are you finding this information?  I can't find anything on the Website or FB page.  Is it coming from PureDWTS?
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:40 pm

Yes, they listed many of the pairings, supposedly confirmed, in their public section.  I believe the Tamar - Val pairing is already publicly confirmed by ABC, though.  I can't see why this is such a big deal.  All the pros are terrific at what they do.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:10 pm

I just saw a list out today.....confirmed?
Alexa-Derek(mark)
Hayes-Allison(emma)
Alek-Emma(lindsay)
Andy-Sharna(allison)
Carlos-Lindsay(witney)
Nick-Witney(sharna)
Paula-Mark(louis)
Tamar-Louis(val)
Bindi-Val(derek)

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:37 pm

I would rather see a group dance.They seem to be a bit more fun for the audience.Although they were always "highly produced" also.

I will say that Mark is a great performer and makes his star really stand out.I think he doesn't get the attention he should on this show.

Anyone have any info on what dances the couples are doing ?
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:46 pm

No info on the dances, but I always enjoyed the group dances!!! Also agree about Mark!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:52 pm

kincaid53 wrote:I just saw a list out today.....confirmed?
Alexa-Derek(mark)
Hayes-Allison(emma)
Alek-Emma(lindsay)
Andy-Sharna(allison)
Carlos-Lindsay(witney)
Nick-Witney(sharna)
Paula-Mark(louis)
Tamar-Louis(val)
Bindi-Val(derek)
I think your list is correct.  I'm kind of glad that Nick got Witney.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:37 pm

kincaid53 wrote:No info on the dances, but I always enjoyed the group dances!!! Also agree about Mark!!

I like them as well. I would guess that they will probably schedule the team dances after the next elimination which, hopefully, will be Paula.  That would leave a field of eight couples, all of whom are capable of good dancing. Not a turkey in the bunch.  Very Happy
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Alexa-Derek(mark)
Hayes-Allison(emma)
Alek-Emma(lindsay)
Andy-Sharna(allison)
Carlos-Lindsay(witney)
Nick-Witney(sharna)
Paula-Mark(louis)
Tamar-Louis(val)
Bindi-Val(derek)

Thanks for list!  There is usually very little love for Val over at the other website, and many are of the opinion that the results were not purely from viewer voting.  They were hoping that Bindi would get Mark.  I think I'm okay with most of these pairings.  Somewhat concerned about Hayes and Allison, though.  I hope Allison remembers that Hayes is not Ryker and will give him good and appropriate choreography for his skills.  

Hey, apparently Maks will be back as a judge!  Should be interesting!   Smile
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 pm

I share your concern for Hayes, sue.  Emma has brought him along carefully and with a deft touch. The boy is a dancer now and I love him. Please, Allison don't set him back!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:20 pm

We don't know what the dances are going to be yet.  Allison is said to be around 3-4 months pregnant, so maybe this will take down her energy just a bit so she will be able to work with the level Hayes is at.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:42 am

suebob16 wrote:
Alexa-Derek(mark)
Hayes-Allison(emma)
Alek-Emma(lindsay)
Andy-Sharna(allison)
Carlos-Lindsay(witney)
Nick-Witney(sharna)
Paula-Mark(louis)
Tamar-Louis(val)
Bindi-Val(derek)

Thanks for list!  There is usually very little love for Val over at the other website, and many are of the opinion that the results were not purely from viewer voting.  They were hoping that Bindi would get Mark.  I think I'm okay with most of these pairings.  Somewhat concerned about Hayes and Allison, though.  I hope Allison remembers that Hayes is not Ryker and will give him good and appropriate choreography for his skills.  

Hey, apparently Maks will be back as a judge!  Should be interesting!   
(  There is usually very little love for Val over at the other website, and many are of the opinion that the results were not purely from viewer voting)  I'm Curious ,what is their problem with Val?
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:41 am

Pure sees Val as a threat to Derek, dori. They detest all things Chmerkovskiy and moaned on and on about Maks too. Derek is, and always has been, their complete focus. It is amazingly ridiculous as Derek and Val don't feel animosity toward each other but there it is in a nutshell.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:54 pm

I actually voted Val to be with Paula. I thought they would be fun together.
  I saw on Vals twitter a post from Bindi talking about being super excited to dance with Val and that they are having a good time rehearsing. For Bindi I think this switch up might be good.(no matter who she would have gotten as a partner) That was such an emotional week and dance for Bindi and Derek. 
   When Bindi said "it took me a long time to understand what really happened" I felt like those uncontrollable sobs in her package and after the dance were coming from a young girl still working through the loss. She is only 17.
   I hope dwts lets Bindi leave some of the drama behind and just sparkle as the good dancer she is.   That's my word for Bindi......sparkles!!!   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Lesallee wrote:Pure sees Val as a threat to Derek, dori. They detest all things Chmerkovskiy and moaned on and on about Maks too. Derek is, and always has been, their complete focus. It is amazingly ridiculous as Derek and Val don't feel animosity toward each other but there it is in a nutshell.

Thank you Lesallee! I agree with you its is ridiculous to feel such dislike for people they really don't know! I never did understand that!  especially about Maks!!! Whats not to love????  LOL!   (couldn't resist that!)
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:52 pm

dori1333 wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Pure sees Val as a threat to Derek, dori. They detest all things Chmerkovskiy and moaned on and on about Maks too. Derek is, and always has been, their complete focus. It is amazingly ridiculous as Derek and Val don't feel animosity toward each other but there it is in a nutshell.

Thank you Lesallee! I agree with you its is ridiculous to feel such dislike for people they really don't know! I never did understand that!  especially about Maks!!! Whats not to love????  LOL!   (couldn't resist that!)

How fitting that you should support "Sex on a stick" with an "LOL on a stick".   Laughing
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:14 pm

It seems this is the dances for next week.

Nick: Paso Doble
Paula: Jive 

Tamar and Louis: Samba
Bindi: Cha-Cha
Alexa: Tango
Hayes: Viennese Waltz
Alek: Rumba
Andy: Argentine Tango
Carlos: Quickstep
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Nice variety of dances ... I do like a Quickstep and a Paso.

... and a Jive ... Wink
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Thanks for the list!!!     I agree everyone doing something different! I like that.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:48 pm

According to Bing, they are predicting Paula to go home next week.  They have been pretty accurate this season and most of last season.  Even if there is no elimination next week, having the jive as the next dance doesn't help either since it is a very fast dance.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:03 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
dori1333 wrote:

How fitting that you should support "Sex on a stick" with an "LOL on a stick".   Laughing
Take a bow Giggle
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Alek has gone home to Roseburg and Emma has accompanied him. Seems as though he will carry on with the show.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Lesallee wrote:Alek has gone home to Roseburg and Emma has accompanied him. Seems as though he will carry on with the show.
I hope so - he needs something light and fun in his life right now.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:11 pm

What is with these events?  Spencer Stone is reportedly in serious but stable condition. It does not appear to be terrorist related.  Thankfully it looks like he is expected to recover.  But gosh, these distractions for Alek.  

Spencer has been a part of some of Alek's packages on the show.  Should the show mention what happened?  The reason I bring it up is because this would be another downer situation to bring up in relation to Alek, and it would certainly affect the mood.  Alek has already posted requests for support for Spencer on his Twitter and Instagram.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top