The Switch-up ....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Switch-up .... Empty The Switch-up ....

Post by Oakma Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:04 am

I am not a real fan of the switch week.A group dance is much more fun ... in my opinion.I like all the teams and would rather them just stay together.

Do y'all like the switch thing or no ? .... if you like it who do you want to be switched ?
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Switch-up .... Empty Re: The Switch-up ....

Post by Lesallee Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:24 am

I truly abhor the switch up. It isn't fun or exciting to me and so often results in a set back for many of the dancers. I question how someone like Nyle will be able to handle it. He is so connected to Peta and they have learned their moves based on Peta's signals to him. 

I would applaud the dumping of Switch Up week.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:26 pm

I kindly disagree. It says a lot about the celebrities and how much they are able to adjust themselves to a new situation. Ok, I admit it is difficult for Nyle, but fearless as he is, he might even embrace the challenge. I have a feeling he will get Sharna, but whoever it is, Peta will surely assist.
In the past, it has worked more often than it didn't. Mark and Val stand out for me among the male pros. Mark has made Amy Purdy really dance and took Bethany Motha to new heights. Val has created and executed an unforgettable AT with Meryl Davis and an irresistible Cha Cha with Bindi Irwin.
Out of the female pros, I would mention Sharna with Andy Grammer- she gave him the technique and the confidence he was lacking (and they created the memorable words "balls and farts made this work")- and Witney's fabulous Cha Cha with Drew Carey.
A lot of others did better than the scores reflect; as if the judges had been the only ones who didn't get it. Just remember Peta's Rumba with Charlie White or the Jive Maks phoned in with Danica McKellar.
I actually like the switch up. I'd like to see: Nyle and Sharna, Antonio and Witney, Doug and Lindsay, Wanya and Karina, Von and Peta, Marla and Val, Jodie and Tony, Paige and Sasha, Ginger and Keo, Kim and Mark. 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:23 pm

It doesn't affect me as long as I see them dance and sometimes the switches make it more interesting.  I am more annoyed with Disney week though some good numbers can come out of them.  I just think for kids when it's Disney week.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:50 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I kindly disagree. It says a lot about the celebrities and how much they are able to adjust themselves to a new situation. Ok, I admit it is difficult for Nyle, but fearless as he is, he might even embrace the challenge. I have a feeling he will get Sharna, but whoever it is, Peta will surely assist.
In the past, it has worked more often than it didn't. Mark and Val stand out for me among the male pros. Mark has made Amy Purdy really dance and took Bethany Motha to new heights. Val has created and executed an unforgettable AT with Meryl Davis and an irresistible Cha Cha with Bindi Irwin.
Out of the female pros, I would mention Sharna with Andy Grammer- she gave him the technique and the confidence he was lacking (and they created the memorable words "balls and farts made this work")- and Witney's fabulous Cha Cha with Drew Carey.
A lot of others did better than the scores reflect; as if the judges had been the only ones who didn't get it. Just remember Peta's Rumba with Charlie White or the Jive Maks phoned in with Danica McKellar.
I actually like the switch up. I'd like to see: Nyle and Sharna, Antonio and Witney, Doug and Lindsay, Wanya and Karina, Von and Peta, Marla and Val, Jodie and Tony, Paige and Sasha, Ginger and Keo, Kim and Mark. 
Different strokes for different folks, brother! 

Switch up week often results in some dissension between the original partners, which is a pity, because the original pair have to toddle on together. Witness NeNe  and  Tony, Drew and Cheryl for a couple of examples. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:08 pm

NeNe is a troublemaker to begin with.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:NeNe is a troublemaker to begin with.
Heh heh. So true. And the producers just love the drama that comes with it.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:45 pm

NeNe is a troublemaker on whatever show she is on. I wonder if she is like that in real life. (prob)....
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:56 pm

She was a terror on Celebrity Apprentice.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:46 pm

She's just mean & nasty
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:37 pm

A few pairings for switch up are out of the bag apparently:
Ginger and Mark
Nyle and Sharna
Von and Lindsay
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:21 pm

I really like switch-up week.  A) We see if they can really dance or if their pro is covering for them B) I think moving to someone else and getting new feedback and a different style of instruction can really be helpful.  Does it throw some of them off?  Yes, sure it does.  But this is where they really can show what they're made of.
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by cjpvideo Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:58 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:A few pairings for switch up are out of the bag apparently:
Ginger and Mark
Nyle and Sharna
Von and Lindsay

Here is the complete list of pairings for the switch up as revealed on GMA this morning.

Jodie Sweetin and Val Chmerkovskiy — paso doble

Nyle DiMarco and Sharna Burgess — Viennese waltz

Paige VanZant and Sasha Farber — rumba

Ginger Zee and Mark Ballas — salsa

Wanya Morris and Witney Carson — tango

Antonio Brown and Karina Smirnoff — cha-cha

Von Miller and Lindsay Arnold — jive

Kim Fields and Keo Motsepe — Viennese waltz

Doug Flutie and Peta Murgatroyd — tango

cjpvideo

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:50 pm

I put the ABC Press Release for this in the Sky Box thread and it also gives the songs that each couple will be dancing to.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:51 pm

Thx for the info... Very Happy
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:58 am

This should be interesting although I, too, tend to not like switch-up week.  I also hope there won't be any post-switch-up issues afterwards.  The teams I'm most interested in watching are:

Jodie and Val:  She has the best pro in Val if she is going to do a Paso Doble, and I think she could do well in this.  

Nyle and Sharna:  Sharna will likely consult with Peta as to the best ways to communicate the Viennese Waltz to Nyle.  I'm sure they will do well.  

Paige and Sasha:  I think the Rumba will be Paige's first slower and more intimate dance.  It will be interesting to see if she and Sasha have the chemistry to pull it off.

Kim and Keo:  Kim has had such good rapport with Sasha that I hope it also works out for her and Keo.  I think this also might be Keo's first Viennese Waltz, so hopefully it all comes together.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Seems that Val always gets these uptempo Calvin Harris numbers for a Paso. So I guess it will be intense again.
Sharna is one of the best teachers and choreographers they ever had, and she has been challenged before with Noah. Dance is a language of its own, and Nyle appears to be a native speaker. They'll understand each other.
Sasha has no limits technically. He has filled in for Derek without any problem. He even connected with Nastia back then then, so I guess Paige will find it easy to trust him.
Keo and Kim give me a headache because of the height difference. The hold in the VW may look a little strange.
Karina knows how to handle NFL-guys. This week is no walk in the park for Antonio. He has to keep up with the fastest legs in town.
Peta should focus on the strength Doug has shown in the Paso and bring that to the Tango. Not that she needed my advice though.
Mark has aways coped well with the switch up. Ginger is in good hands.
Finally, Witney and Lindsay. The miraculous Utah girls are keeping it in the family like Mark and Derek, Maks and Val used to. I think Von and Wanya will both feel comfortable- which does not mean they can take the easy road.
Btw: I don't think any of the current pros has a problem with the switch up. Only Tony doesn't like it, but he's out anyway. Of course we can't tell for the celebs, but so far no one has complained.  
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:23 pm

I wish Peta had gotten somebody else.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:00 pm

I wish Edyta had gotten somebody else from the beginning. I wish Maks was on the other side of the table next week. I wish the season was 26 weeks long. See what I mean? You can't always get what you want.
Being a pro on DWTS, you have to work with what you are given. These are the best pros in the business. They know how to do it. And no disrespect towards Doug, please. He's working as hard as anybody.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:30 pm

I'm just asking for one thing.  Lol!  I don't even know Doug because I'm not into sports.  He seems nice and good-looking but he needs some help in the foot work area.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Doug is totally a nice guy, but I think he is the worst dancer left. Please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me.... Scared
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:48 pm

Haha.....shary you were kind enough not to throw tomatoes at me on my posts about Ginger so no.....I certainly won't be throwing any.!! Being a meteorologist I doubt she has much dance or acting experience..so she's one that I'm sure will improve a lot on her journey with Val.

I was actually happy that Doug got Peta.  Doug has had some good moments that I have enjoyed, so I'm anxious to see how he does with Peta. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:52 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I wish Edyta had gotten somebody else from the beginning. I wish Maks was on the other side of the table next week. I wish the season was 26 weeks long. See what I mean? You can't always get what you want.
Being a pro on DWTS, you have to work with what you are given. These are the best pros in the business. They know how to do it. And no disrespect towards Doug, please. He's working as hard as anybody.

While we are wishing for things, can I look like sweetTarts avatar!! Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:00 am

kincaid53 wrote:

While we are wishing for things, can I look like sweetTarts avatar!! Very Happy
You do. Sunny 1
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Looking forward to the show tonight. I'm not usually a fan of the switch up, but everyone is doing so well I think they will do just fine with their new pros.
       Good luck everyone!! Cheer

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top