Switch-Up Week ....

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Switch-Up Week .... - Page 3 Empty Re: Switch-Up Week ....

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:14 pm

I really try not to put much into the leading then edited questions they ask...sometimes it may look like the celeb is just saying things, but when they used to show the live rehearsals there were dwts production  people making comments to the celeb to get a reaction.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I took it as humorous.  You can tell they really root for each other and care how the other is faring.
Yes, I agree with their caring about each other.  But there's a rocky road ahead for them, as the chances of them both making the finals or both being eliminated on the same night aren't too good.  At some point, I think they are going to have to deal with sad feelings, don't you think? America doesn't like that in their feel-good shows.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Maybe so, but it is just a dance competition.  I thought people want drama too. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:42 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Maybe so, but it is just a dance competition.  I thought people want drama too. 

I think they like (or are addicted to) suspense but I don't think they enjoy having their emotions yanked around to feel bad for people. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Agree with everything you said, Lesallee. Have you inhabited my brain??? All my votes were given to the PenaVegas but I gave Carlos a couple more than Alexa. His Quickstep was my favorite dance of the night.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:00 pm

This switch-up week shook up the standings. 

Weeks 4 + 5 judge scores are as follows:

Bindi     65

Carlos   64

Nick      62

Alexa    61

Andy    59

Hayes   57

Tamar   56

Alek     53

Paula    44

I hate that Alek is so low! 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Psychee22 wrote:This switch-up week shook up the standings. 

Weeks 4 + 5 judge scores are as follows:

Bindi     65

Carlos   64

Nick      62

Alexa    61

Andy    59

Hayes   57

Tamar   56

Alek     53

Paula    44

I hate that Alek is so low! 
I thought Alek's score were way to low last night and I don't understand why.  His dance was as good as Andy's in my opinion and yet he was scored  7 points lower.  He should be above Andy and Hayes and for that matter above than Alexa IMO.  Last night was the only decent dances Andy and Alexa had IMO.  The scoring last night is why I threw all most all my votes to Alek. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:57 pm

luvthepros wrote:Random thoughts about Switch Up week.....
<>

Alexa is a wonderful dancer and I've been saying that all along. That Tango was great but I did not love the concept or the costuming nor Derek's use of the troupe. That would have been all sorts of awesomeness if Alexa was costumed in a sexy red dress and Derek was in a black suit. You get the picture. And......no troupe members for that dance. They were a distraction. Glad she received such high scores.

<>

I don't normally like dark stuff, but the name of the song assigned was "Pompeii".  You know, volcano, fire, ash, panicking crowds?  I thought Alexa's faux-ash-tattered dress was very creative. And the troupe members disappeared for most of the song, so I just thought they provided an accent for the piece and I was not distracted.  It made me think of the Pompeii orgies. Laughing
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Oh....so the song inspired the concept. I still didn't like the concept and thought the Tango would have worked so much better with traditional tango costuming, hair and make up.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:14 am

Psychee22 wrote:

I don't normally like dark stuff, but the name of the song assigned was "Pompeii".  You know, volcano, fire, ash, panicking crowds?  I thought Alexa's faux-ash-tattered dress was very creative. And the troupe members disappeared for most of the song, so I just thought they provided an accent for the piece and I was not distracted.  It made me think of the Pompeii orgies. Laughing
Exactly my thoughts, Psychee! I'm surprised Bruno didn't mention it. Normally he gets the concept better than anyone else. For me, it all came together and worked. Alexa was pumped up with passion and self-confidence. My hat's off to Derek. And: since he handed out another ten, no one can blame Maks for favoring his brother.
I'll add some random thoughts about the others. Generally, one can't expect everyone to progress on switchup, but the majority did, so the concept isn't totally wrong and we've seen again what a great cast this is.
I'm only sorry for Tamar and Hayes. Both Louis and Allison tried to cram in as much as possible. Their partners hardly had time to finish the moves! Was Louis exploding after he had to hold back with Paula for weeks now? Did he feel it might be his last chance to leave a mark on the show? The good news is Tamar found out what Val means to her...

Allison, however, had announced she wanted to present Hayes more elegant, but went back to Ryker style, and Maks rightfully called her out for it. I hope she listened- and watched Andy blossom! My beautiful Sharna gave us an idea how Andy would have looked with Peta...

Mark totally went for the production with Paula- what else could he do? Still the best actor/ entertainer of all the pros. I was reminded of his dad and Cloris Leachman. That's where he got it from, I guess.

Alek definitely enjoyed the different chemistry with Emma. Shippers welcome. Glad to see this dance from Emma, and performed with a hunk! It was about time for her after the geriatric department, the big afro, and the nanny role.

Why are so many people complaining about Bindi's costumes? Do they really expect a cleavage down to the belly button? Ridiculous. I watched her as a dancer, and she was fabulous (and I think the dancing has shaped her legs, or is it just me?). Val mastered the challenge where Louis failed. Derek was happy, too; so everything's fine.

Some of us have agreed earlier that Lindsay is the best new teaching pro- she proved it again. I did not expect that from Carlos. Derek and Lindsay (yes, I mentioned them in one breath) brought the Vegas back in the game, and that takes some doing as Witney and Mark are not shabby either.

Finally Nick, my horse in the race and Sharna's best partner so far. Hey, 35 isn't a bad score, just Maks took a dip there for me (the only one,though). Witney stayed true to her style which also suits him, she didn't
outdance or turn him upside down to prove herself, and for me they looked great. Maks should look back at his own Tango with Meryl, which also was nothing like a classic approach (flashing lights, crashing music- now what does that remind me of? ). Even Len, whom he referred to, had liked it then, so he should have been a bit more generous here.

Anyway, considering he was seated between Julianne and Bruno, Maks did fine and I was surprised how well they got along. After Alfonso, this was already the second time this guest-judge think worked. Come on ABC, are you running out of idiots, or is some producer beginning to take this seriously? 

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:59 am

Great comments!! 
Regarding Bindis costumes I would like to see less of the 17 year olds cleavage.
The point I was trying make was we have seen 2 styles of bodices for her ...the bra and the halter. I just want something different. She looks the same in every dance. Get some cute clothes on this girl. These styles make her look way older than she is .....have some fun styles on this young girl!!!
   I agree about Maks, still a good score for Nick, do not think that will hurt him at all. 
   JMO some of Maks Pasos have not been that 'pure' and 'authentic'......even the judges said about Mel B paso it had Flamenco and other styles in it...............look at Mel b VW 'walking splits like 5 of them classic VW nah........well I guess it was in hold Laughing
The other judges were right about his form but imo Maks was off on the score , but I agree the only one of the night. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:20 pm

You are on the mark about Bindi's costuming sister. She is very top heavy and "bounces" a lot. Dressing her properly would be a great service to her and lend a nicer visual to her dances. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Hmm... I agree that Bindi's large chest does not lend itself to the most flattering bodice designs, but I don't see "cleavage" and I don't see "bounce".   I see big, well-supported puppies packed in tight and covered up to the hilt with no boobage spilling out.  She is being dressed modestly, I think.

I don't seem to recall Charlotte McKinney looking any better last season.  I didn't think her puppies were an asset on the dance floor, either.

I also don't think this is something that the male dancers can help with.  From their perspective, those big puppies are probably an asset that they have no wish to minimize. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:41 pm

She looks like she needs to lose some weight and I'm surprised she hasn't with the dancing and rehearsing that she is doing.  Usually the pros and celebs get thinner as the show progresses.  She must have a slow metabolism.  Charlotte was top heavy too but the rest of her body was thin.  If Bindi lost some weight she would be less top heavy. 

Last edited by Glittersisgld on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:43 pm

I think my favorite dance of the night was Alec's.  I couldn't believe what low scores he got.  They always talk about dancing with emotion and horniness is an emotion.  I thought he really was mentally into the dance and it showed.

Tamar shot daggers as she got her scores.  She leaves me cold when she dances.  Almost like a sense of entitlement.  Louie did push her harder than he should of with a switch up but I think he was so busy thinking he finally got to choreograph some real dancing and went to town with it.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:48 pm

beardiedawg wrote:I think my favorite dance of the night was Alec's.  I couldn't believe what low scores he got.  They always talk about dancing with emotion and horniness is an emotion.  I thought he really was mentally into the dance and it showed.

Tamar shot daggers as she got her scores.  She leaves me cold when she dances.  Almost like a sense of entitlement.  Louie did push her harder than he should of with a switch up but I think he was so busy thinking he finally got to choreograph some real dancing and went to town with it.
Indeed I totally agree with on Alek.  I still can't figure out where those low scores came from!!!  Hissy fit
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:57 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:She looks like she needs to lose some weight and I'm surprised she hasn't with the dancing and rehearsing that she is doing.  Usually the pros and celebs get thinner as the show progresses.  She must have a slow metabolism. 

Bear in mind that she is only 4 ft 11 inches tall.  She has the same problem looking thin as Shawn does.  She will probably lose some weight as the weeks continue but she'd have to lose muscle mass to look thin, I think.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Lesallee wrote:Very good summary of SwitchUp week, luv. 

the dance of the night for this viewer was Carlos and Lindsay. Week one I saw that potential in Carlos and last night there it was. Great!
Thank you. Agree about your choice for dance of the night. I also saw Carlos' potential with his week one Jive.

I was reading on another forum, Carlos has been cast as Kenickie in FOX's production of "Grease LIVE" scheduled to air in January. Julianne is cast for the role of Sandy in the production.

Last edited by luvthepros on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:27 pm

And Olivia Newton John will be on the show next week.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:59 pm

Olivia Newton John is rumored to be cast as the school principal in the "Grease LIVE" production.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:04 pm

That's a good one.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:06 pm

Thanks for the info, luv. Now I am attempting to assimilate Carlos into the role of Kenickie. Grease is such an iconic movie it will take some doing to connect with different people in the original roles. (I know it was originally a play on Broadway but my first sighting was the movie.) 

I knew about Julianne as Sandy but any word on who will be Danny? Lots of us James Maslow fans would like it to be him.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:10 pm

I am so used to Jeff Conaway as Kenickie.  He had to walk slightly stooped so that Travolta would appear taller in the movie.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:17 pm

Lesallee wrote:
I knew about Julianne as Sandy but any word on who will be Danny? Lots of us James Maslow fans would like it to be him.
Somebody named Aaron Tveit.  Vanessa Hudgens is Rizzo.  It's listed on imdb.  It says Olivia Newton John is rumored to play the principal. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:29 pm

Thanks glitters. I knew about Vanessa Hudgens but I had to do a search on Aaron Tveit. I am sort of underwhelmed by that casting. Aaron is 31 and looks every day of his age - not remotely like a a slightly dangerous high school bad boy. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top