Season 9

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 9 - Page 6 Empty Re: Season 9

Post by BSkeptical Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:31 am

Rkc, you make good points, however, Blake has been known to pick non-country artists over country artists.  A couple seasons ago, he kept saving Hannah Kirby over his country people and this season he picked Chris over Krista.  I could never understand his attraction to Hannah.  Chris was clearly better than Krista on the song Blake gave them so there are times when Blake will pick fairly.  Other times, not so much.  I think the other judges clamor to get the good country artists simply to keep Blake from winning with them.  I think Adam has shown he doesn't know what to do with country artists. 

I have been suspicious for quite a while about their shifty dealings (not just behind the scenes) and weird picks.  Blake keeping Hannah over his country singers and Pharrell keeping Sugar Joans over anyone.  Pharrell dumped Elyjah Rene for Sugar and I thought Elyjah was one of the best singers I had ever heard.

Edited in:  Riley's version of XOXO sounded ill compared with Elyjah's version in his blind audition.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Well, Wikipedia has a whole section re the playoffs for next week.  If accurate, it looks like Siahna, Andi and Alex, Ellie, and Nadjah are back.  Good for Nadjah.  I find the rest boring.  It's going to be difficult to watch.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:24 pm

BSkeptical wrote:Well, Wikipedia has a whole section re the playoffs for next week.  If accurate, it looks like Siahna, Andi and Alex, Ellie, and Nadjah are back.  Good for Nadjah.  I find the rest boring.  It's going to be difficult to watch.
Well that settles it then - there is really no reason for me to continue to watch anymore.  Other than that one article that I put the link up to there is not a word being said about what happened with Chris Monday night - that is another thing that I find very strange.  It is like mum is the word when it comes to Chris being cut out of the show and his song not showing up anywhere.  I really don't understand how they picked the ones they are bringing back.  The only one that makes any sense at all is Nadjah.  I think some really bad choices by the judges were made this season - way too many teenie boppers IMO. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:31 pm

SLA44 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:Well, Wikipedia has a whole section re the playoffs for next week.  If accurate, it looks like Siahna, Andi and Alex, Ellie, and Nadjah are back.  Good for Nadjah.  I find the rest boring.  It's going to be difficult to watch.
Well that settles it then - there is really no reason for me to continue to watch anymore.  Other than that one article that I put the link up to there is not a word being said about what happened with Chris Monday night - that is another thing that I find very strange.  It is like mum is the word when it comes to Chris being cut out of the show and his song not showing up anywhere.  I really don't understand how they picked the ones they are bringing back.  The only one that makes any sense at all is Nadjah.  I think some really bad choices by the judges were made this season - way too many teenie boppers IMO. 

We can certainly hope Wiki's wrong but it has a ring of truth based on how the show has played out thus far.  I would not put it past Adam to bring back A&A over James.  I'd like to know why Chris's performance was cut, too.  We'll never find out because no one ever seems to talk.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:55 pm

At least they are finally confessing the truth which has been obvious even through all the denials. 

I don't understand why celebrities do that. It's like they wait until they have their PR teams come up with an official statement or they just get caught doing something red handed and now that the cat is out of the bag. I'm sure Blake and Gwen were hesitant because their divorces are so current and it does make it look kind of bad. I really would hesitate getting too involved with him considering he has a reputation as a cheater.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/blake-shelton-gushes-awesome-night-174400213.html
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:00 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

We can certainly hope Wiki's wrong but it has a ring of truth based on how the show has played out thus far.  I would not put it past Adam to bring back A&A over James.  I'd like to know why Chris's performance was cut, too.  We'll never find out because no one ever seems to talk.
I don't know but there surely must be some bad feelings going on between Chris and Blake and The Voice producers by now.  I just hope they don't blackball him in the music industry for whatever reason they silenced him on the show.  It's a shame this season has gone from one of the best (it seemed) to  Season 9 - Page 6 3818743426.  It is very clear now that both Chris and James picked the wrong coaches - Chris should have gone with Pharrell and even James would have been better off with Pharrell than with Adam but the better choice would have been Blake but maybe not from the choices he has made this season,  I think he is putting too many eggs in Emily's basket and she will probably be one of the first one's of his team eliminated by viewer votes unless they mess around with the viewers votes.  Adam is just lucky he has Jordan on his team because Jordan seems to be a fan favorite.

I have thought that DWTS has played around with the voting and seemed to be rigged by the judges and producers and I think The Voice is no better.  I used to think The Voice was better than American Idol but not anymore and if they continue down the road they are on they will go the same way as American Idol and that is being cancelled.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:03 pm

rkc1960 wrote:At least they are finally confessing the truth which has been obvious even through all the denials. 

I don't understand why celebrities do that. It's like they wait until they have their PR teams come up with an official statement or they just get caught doing something red handed and now that the cat is out of the bag. I'm sure Blake and Gwen were hesitant because their divorces are so current and it does make it look kind of bad. I really would hesitate getting too involved with him considering he has a reputation as a cheater.

I think they were lying or denying it because Gwen was still in the process of finalizing her divorce and didn't want to give her ex any ammunition to use against her in the final settlement.  JMO 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:10 pm

rkc1960 wrote:At least they are finally confessing the truth which has been obvious even through all the denials. 

I had always hoped the rumors about him cheating with Miranda before he was divorced were false.  The timing here definitely looks suspicious.  I'm wondering if he is one who keeps trying to trade up.  I fear this is not going to end well.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:19 pm

SLA44 wrote:

I think they were lying or denying it because Gwen was still in the process of finalizing her divorce and didn't want to give her ex any ammunition to use against her in the final settlement.  JMO 
I think so, too.  It doesn't pass the smell test.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:32 pm

BSkeptical wrote:

I had always hoped the rumors about him cheating with Miranda before he was divorced were false.  The timing here definitely looks suspicious.  I'm wondering if he is one who keeps trying to trade up.  I fear this is not going to end well.
Well I wouldn't call Gwen trading up and you are right the timing does look very suspicious.  I can't see this ending well at all but what do I know - Blake definitely has a different taste or perspective on things than I do.  Gwen is 7 years older than Blake which surprised me because to me she has always acted so young.  I guess whatever makes your boat float is what they go after.   Scratch
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:32 pm

When we finally heard that Blake and Miranda were divorcing after all the rumors for so long, it seemed like an automatic assumption that it was was Blake cheating that caused it...which I'm sure he did a time or two. However, there was a story a couple of weeks ago that accused Miranda of cheating with Deirks Bentley (even though he is married) and that may have caused it. 

With Gwen you heard rumors that Gavin cheated on her. And then he wanted spousal support, child support, AND their home? Wow...what ever happened to men being men and supporting their families? If all of this is true then he must be some loser.

Why don't people just try to save their marriages anymore? Stop the fooling around and do what's right. SMH 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:39 pm

There were stories about Miranda cheating when their divorce was first made public of which she and the one she supposedly cheated with both denied.  I don't think all the booze that had been consumed by Blake and Miranda helped their marriage either.  

Since I don't know what happened between Gwen and her ex I am not going to place judgement on him or her.  It just seems a little smelly to me that Blake and Gwen both filed for divorce within a month of each other.  That is all I am going to say about it.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:47 pm

rkc1960 wrote:When we finally heard that Blake and Miranda were divorcing after all the rumors for so long, it seemed like an automatic assumption that it was was Blake cheating that caused it...which I'm sure he did a time or two. However, there was a story a couple of weeks ago that accused Miranda of cheating with Deirks Bentley (even though he is married) and that may have caused it. 

With Gwen you heard rumors that Gavin cheated on her. And then he wanted spousal support, child support, AND their home? Wow...what ever happened to men being men and supporting their families? If all of this is true then he must be some loser.

Why don't people just try to save their marriages anymore? Stop the fooling around and do what's right. SMH 

I never heard of Gavin Rossdale before Gwen.  I don't know anything about his band or his music.  I don't know that much about Gwen's either now that I think about it.  Usually the one who cheats isn't the one going after the other's finances.  It's usually the other way around.  It is all fishy.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:08 pm

SLA, Chris has some good videos on youtube.  I've listened to a few today.  Very nice and pure voice.  Also, I love James's youtube videos.  Right now my current fav is "Against the Wind."  He should have done it rather than Blake's song.  I don't think even Adam would have picked the teen-age belter.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:47 pm

I have the feeling that it wouldn't matter how well or what either one of them sang Adam and Blake already knew who they were going to advance without a note being sung.  YMO

Yes I had found his videos and have it bookmarked,  I had also listened to some of James videos but I don't think I've heard the one that is your current favorite so I will go find it and listen to it.  I'm hoping they both will be putting up new ones.  Thank You!!!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:37 pm

SLA44 wrote:I have the feeling that it wouldn't matter how well or what either one of them sang Adam and Blake already knew who they were going to advance without a note being sung.  YMO

>>>>

I suspect you are bang on correct here.

Back to Blake and Gwen, showing up in Nashville together on the same day they owned up to dating each other is a little too much rubbing Miranda's nose in the mess.  Miranda has never been my favorite singer and I never felt she and Blake were perfect for each other but no one deserves that.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:39 pm

I agree with you and was thinking along those same thoughts myself.  With Gwen being 15 years older than Miranda I would think she should be beyond pulling such an immature and childish thing but I guess not.  I actually was surprised when I found out that Gwen was 46 because she sure doesn't act like it and was also surprised that she had such a young person as her celebrity co-coach for the battle rounds.  But then with all the very young contestants they have year maybe Selena Gomez was a good fit.  Duh  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:47 pm

SLA44 wrote:I agree with you and was thinking along those same thoughts myself.  With Gwen being 15 years older than Miranda I would think she should be beyond pulling such an immature and childish thing but I guess not.  I actually was surprised when I found out that Gwen was 46 because she sure doesn't act like it and was also surprised that she had such a young person as her celebrity co-coach for the battle rounds.  But then with all the very young contestants they have year maybe Selena Gomez was a good fit.  Duh  

They could have gotten my 1 year old and 3 year old nieces.  They like the belters, I think.  

There for a while I was reading blurbs that Blake was ready for kids but Miranda didn't want to stop performing.  She's a few years younger than Blake.  If he wants his own kids, Gwen may not be a good fit for that.  But she's great arm candy.  I do feel that Blake is thinking he's trading up.  I'm feeling some yuckiness from all of this.  It feels very high school with the jock and the cheerleader getting together in a very public way.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:14 pm

In my book Blake is not trading up with Gwen at all.  But then I'm not a Gwen fan and did not even know who she was before she came on The Voice for the 1st time - I think in season 7.  She did not impress then and nothing has changed in that department with her this season.  She had made some comments the first time that she was on that really turned me off and hence I have not a lot of respect for her.  

I had heard something about the having kids thing also but had heard it both ways so I don't really know what the truth is there.  I had heard that Miranda was sad she wasn't pregnant when Carrie Underwood was pregnant and have no idea if that is true or not.  There is always some rumor going around about some celebrity or another and that is probably what they are is just rumors with no substance behind them.

I don't know if what Blake and Gwen have got going for them - it may be just a sexual fling but whatever it is I wish it was kept behind closed doors.  It is just yuckiness to me.   Yuck 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:15 am

SLA, I have been reading the message board about The Voice and their latest speculations are:

Adam - Chance
Gwen - Ellie
Pharrell - Celeste
Blake - Chris/Krista

But who knows.

Edit: now they've decided it's Chris.  They're crazy on the sleuthing or good at making up things.  Fun reading though.  Something to do.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:46 am

What Message Board?  Adam bringing back Chance after he eliminated him and Blake stole him and then Blake eliminated him  Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused,  That makes no sense to me - to me James would be the logical choice  and if not James then I would think that Dustin should have been considered.  I'm sure that because he has Shelby he doesn't want another Country singer but that is ridiculous IMO and he shouldn't have fought for more than one Country singer when he knew he didn't want to keep more than one.   Pull hair

So are the message boards saying that Blake is choosing between Chris and Krista?  Well I'm sure he will go with the young country singer Krista then.   Crying or Very sad
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:31 am

SLA44 wrote:What Message Board?  Adam bringing back Chance after he eliminated him and Blake stole him and then Blake eliminated him  Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused,  That makes no sense to me - to me James would be the logical choice  and if not James then I would think that Dustin should have been considered.  I'm sure that because he has Shelby he doesn't want another Country singer but that is ridiculous IMO and he shouldn't have fought for more than one Country singer when he knew he didn't want to keep more than one.   Pull hair

So are the message boards saying that Blake is choosing between Chris and Krista?  Well I'm sure he will go with the young country singer Krista then.   Crying or Very sad
Oops, I left out part of a sentence.  I stink at posting from my iPad.  It's called  idolforums and they have a section for The Voice.  The whole thing doesn't make a lick of sense to me.  James should have been a shoo-in unless Adam is being Adam and has already decided which three he wants to go to the Top 12.

Anyway, I have tried asking questions on that board and I get zero answers.  It is almost as if I am invisible.  They're incredibly cliquey there but fascinating to read nonetheless.  

They love Ellie (yuck) and Alex and Andi (double yuck) and they don't like James. The only thing I can intuit from the posts is the majority seem to like the people who have sold well on iTunes thus far.  I think they're tone deaf, but that's just me.  

They claim the whole wild card was set up to get Ellie back because she had laryngitis in her knockout.  Their theories seem preposterous but we are dealing with a show that seems to be making it up as it goes along.  And we know the judges have made dubious decisions, but who knows. They hint they knew the Top 20 even before it was leaked on the Internet.

They came down to Chris and Krista for Blake based on their sleuthing.  They now agree it's Chris.  They're looking at Twitter, Instagram, Periscopr, etc. of all the contestants, investigating who was where and when.

I hope they turn out exceedingly wrong except I hope they're right the twins aren't coming back and I would be OK with Chris or Krista.  However, I would like to know what kind of rules the judges were working under such that James would not be a returnee.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Judy Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:26 pm

I really like James, but I liked Dustin eve more. I wish they could both come back. I do feel like James was shafted... Chris too. That was nuts that they didn't show it! I really hope the twins don't get it because others were so much better.

Judy

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Judy, I think we could list several who were shafted.  Some big time.  

SLA, now they're saying not Chris but Nadjah or Krista.  Oy.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:58 pm

I don't think it will be Chris because of the way he was completely cut out of the show for the last Knockout round.  I would rather see Blind Joe back than either Nadjah or Krista.  BSk I know that you really liked Krista but she just didn't do anything for me - sorry,  I went back and listened to Nadjah's performance on her knockout round and I just didn't like the song she sang and I believe I would have picked Emily over Nadjah myself.  I can see where song selection is so important and in this round the contestants picked their songs.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top