Season 9

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 9 - Page 9 Empty Re: Season 9

Post by BSkeptical Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:40 pm

My fave is "A Hallelujah Christmas" by Cloverton.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:35 am

Not surprised much at last night's outcome. Barrett, while not my favourite, is obviously connecting with plenty of people. I was a bit surprised at Braiden being in the bottom two. I believe that song he sang put him there. They have got to be careful of the song selections for him. It isn't the young girls who are voting for him, most of them are all in for Zach. Rather, I believe it is the mothers and grandmothers who see this cute kid and vote for him. So they better give the boy music Mom and Grandma can relate to! 

WW4, I think you must have seen and heard k.d. lang do Hallelujah at the Winter Olympics, am I right? It just blew me away. 

Last edited by Lesallee on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:30 pm

Lesallee, I have seen a video of the Winter Olympics one, but the version that utterly knocked my socks off was sung at the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame induction of Leonard Cohen in 2006.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYiMJ2bC65A

It brings tears to my eyes every time.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:45 pm

My gosh, but that woman can sing! Always, right from the start she walked her own path and marched to her own drummer. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Well said, Lesallee.  She really is one of a kind.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Lesallee wrote:Not surprised much at last night's outcome. Barrett, while not my favourite, is obviously connecting with plenty of people. I was a bit surprised at Braiden being in the bottom two. I believe that song he sang put him there. They have got to be careful of the song selections for him. It isn't the young girls who are voting for him, most of them are are all in for Zach. Rather, I believe it is the mothers and grandmothers who see this cute kid and vote for him. So they better give the boy music Mom and Grandma can relate too! 

WW4, I think you must have seen and heard k.d. lang do Hallelujah at the Winter Olympics, am I right? It just blew me away. 
Season 9 - Page 9 1003998638 with the bolded - I know I didn't care for the song at all and did not give him one vote this week when I have been giving him 10 in the last few shows.  I hope that was a wake up call to both Braiden and Gwen!  I think you are right about the young girls voting for Zach and I do have to admit that Zach is a young hottie!

I also agree with you about k.d. lang's Hallelujah at the Winter Olympics I think it had to move everyone that heard it.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:59 pm

K.d.'s rendition is simply stunning. 

Braiden's song choices since Feeling Good have been abysmal.  The Bread song wasn't terrible but it wasn't a great choice either. 

Zach's eyebrows bug me.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 am

LOL!  about Zach's eyebrows.  They are a little bit too much but I'm sure the girls voting for him don't mind.   Giggle
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:11 pm

I've kind of stopped watching this season. Other than Jordan I am not really into the others that are left. I go to you tube to see his performances instead of watching the whole thing. Watching the rest has become a waste of time for me since I am watching Christmas movies this time of year.

His performance this week has been his best yet. Singing Hallelujah is not for the faint of heart. You have to have a powerful voice to do it any justice. I also watched the video of K.D.Lang which was beautiful as well. K.D. Land obviously sang the whole song which is a plus because the words are powerful.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:08 pm

Here we go, Barrett up first and again I didn't like it. Must be me, he keeps getting voted forward. I hope he isn't F4.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:24 pm

Liked Shelby tonight. Loved her comeback to Adam's you drive me so crazy sometimes comment! Atta girl!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:35 pm

When Jeffrey said he was doing Cher's Believe I thought, wow I really wonder how that will go. But he killed it, no worries. A definite possibility for winner  IF the vans vote on talent.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:56 pm

Young Mr. Sunshine may well have punched his ticket to the final with that performance. As I am Canadian, I can't vote but right now I wish I could!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:05 am

Lesallee wrote:Young Mr. Sunshine may well have punched his ticket to the final with that performance. As I am Canadian, I can't vote but right now I wish I could!
I hope he did.  That kid gets bandied so bad on another message board that I have been posting on lately.  I thought he sounded really good.  His voice is better than a few of the others' left.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:07 am

I am trying to figure out why Zach doesn't impress me a lot. He's a great looking kid, a good voice and almost a lock on F4. I think he just isn't that unique, country music has bushels of the same type right now. Probably just me.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:15 am

Oh Madi, love you girl, but I didn't much like that. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:38 am

There you go - for me, Emily Ann's best performance. Nine to Five isn't an easy song to sing but she handled it easily.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:00 am

Honestly, who is going to beat Jordan Smith this season? He owns it, plain and simple.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:01 am

All I've got to say is that Jeffery was my favorite tonight.  I agree with you Lesallee, Zack is a nice looking young man but I'm just not that impressed with him.  I also didn't much care for Madi's version of Big Girls Don't Cry but her father's reaction in the audience brought tears to my eyes.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:04 am

Lesallee wrote:Honestly, who is going to beat Jordan Smith this season? He owns it, plain and simple.
You may be right but I still think that Jeffery out sung him tonight.  JMO
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:10 am

I didn't much like Barrett tonight, and young Mr Sunshine, who usually knocks my socks off, somehow didn't.  Amy didn't do it for me, nor did Jeffery.  Shelby was OK and although Zach hasn't been a favorite of mine for several weeks he did a good job.  I loved Emily Ann, Madi, and the unbelievable Jordan.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:03 pm

Lesallee wrote:When Jeffrey said he was doing Cher's Believe I thought, wow I really wonder how that will go. But he killed it, no worries. A definite possibility for winner  IF the vans vote on talent.

I thought the same lesallee, but I really enjoyed Jeffreys version of it!!..................Did not care for Madis Big Girls Don't Cry as much as I liked   Girls Just Want to have Fun last week.......Even though Amy was sitting down playing guitar I thought the emotion of the song really came out from her body all the way through the expressions on her face, nice job..............The 'kid' has really grown!! I really enjoyed him tonight..I liked what Pharrell said.   When Emily Ann started in the middle of that group I kind of lost her a little, but when she came forward she owned the stage and that song!!! Loved it!.............I was a teeny tiny concerned about that with Jordan also and the choir...........but nah..no worries there!!    Overall a night of good performances, I think!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:09 pm

How in the world will voters winnow it down from the nine who performed Monday night to only four left standing Tuesday night?  I doubt our group could reach consensus.  Let's try an experiment.  Which four would get your votes?

1.  Jordan
2.  Madi
3.  Emily Ann
4.  Braiden

How much agreement is there in this group?
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:27 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:How in the world will voters winnow it down from the nine who performed Monday night to only four left standing Tuesday night?  I doubt our group could reach consensus.  Let's try an experiment.  Which four would get your votes?

1.  Jordan
2.  Madi
3.  Emily Ann
4.  Braiden

How much agreement is there in this group?
How I would vote (if I wasn't a disenfranchised Canadian):

1. Jordan
2. Jeffrey
3. Madi
4. Braiden

How I think it will be:

1. Jordan
2. Jeffrey
3. Zach
4. Madi

I have a sinking feeling Barrett might sneak into the F4 because he must be getting the votes somewhere. If he does I think he would displace Madi or Jeffrey.

Confused
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:29 pm

kincaid53 wrote:
Lesallee wrote:When Jeffrey said he was doing Cher's Believe I thought, wow I really wonder how that will go. But he killed it, no worries. A definite possibility for winner  IF the vans vote on talent.

I thought the same lesallee, but I really enjoyed Jeffreys version of it!!..................Did not care for Madis Big Girls Don't Cry as much as I liked   Girls Just Want to have Fun last week.......Even though Amy was sitting down playing guitar I thought the emotion of the song really came out from her body all the way through the expressions on her face, nice job..............The 'kid' has really grown!! I really enjoyed him tonight..I liked what Pharrell said.   When Emily Ann started in the middle of that group I kind of lost her a little, but when she came forward she owned the stage and that song!!! Loved it!.............I was a teeny tiny concerned about that with Jordan also and the choir...........but nah..no worries there!!    Overall a night of good performances, I think!!
Glad you finally joined us, Sis. Better late than never, huh?
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top