Season 9

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 9 - Page 5 Empty Re: Season 9

Post by rc49ers Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:01 pm

My Daughter ask me if I knew that the contestant  Summers was from Redding Ca.
which is an hour North from me .
I didn't know , but have been watching the show , Their are so many good singers its hard o pick , I did like Blind Joe , He had a great voice ,
What I like about this show is that you can actually understand the words coming out of their mouths .
Rose 
rc49ers
rc49ers
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:47 am

It is really a shame for the contestants that didn't go earlier when the coaches still had a save to use - these last ones are just rather sorry out of luck IMO.  I wonder how it was decided who would go early and which ones would be held back with no change for a save from another coach.   Suspect
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:23 am

SLA44 wrote:It is really a shame for the contestants that didn't go earlier when the coaches still had a save to use - these last ones are just rather sorry out of luck IMO.  I wonder how it was decided who would go early and which ones would be held back with no change for a save from another coach.   Suspect

I'm with you.  Chris Crump and James Dupre deserve to be in the top 20.  In addition to the timing of the knockout rounds, who the coaches pair against whom is hugely important.  They have so much control there. 

It also honks me off when the coaches fall in love with contestants simply because they're teenagers.  Chris is going to be a better singer every day of his life than Emily Ann and Zach.  Blake loves those two and thus far I find both of them average at best.  However, I will interject here that I find country radio incredibly average these days, so there is that going on.  I didn't think Emily Ann or Zach truly won their battle round.  Conversely, Chris clearly won his battle round and I was rooting for Krista and wanted her to go far.  I can't believe Adam would pick anybody much less another dime a dozen screaming diva over James Dupre.  To Shelby's credit, she can hold a note, but I find nothing unique about her and she's fungible with the other diva contestants this season.  Of course, I am never a big fan of the divas anyway.  James, on the other hand, is one of the best singers I have ever heard.  I have followed him for several years and was stunned and elated that he showed up on the show. I wanted to watch him for a while.   

Additionally, while I'm venting here, I was also sick of the judges fawning over the twins (glad they're gone) and Amy Vachal.  I can stand them for 10 seconds, then I'm off to the fridge for a snack.  I have never heard such boring singers. 

I reserve the right to gladly, happily, and gleefully take back everything I said if the spoiler turns out to be wrong.  But, alas, I fear it's not wrong.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:25 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
SLA44 wrote:It is really a shame for the contestants that didn't go earlier when the coaches still had a save to use - these last ones are just rather sorry out of luck IMO.  I wonder how it was decided who would go early and which ones would be held back with no change for a save from another coach.   Suspect

I'm with you.  Chris Crump and James Dupre deserve to be in the top 20.  In addition to the timing of the knockout rounds, who the coaches pair against whom is hugely important.  They have so much control there. 

It also honks me off when the coaches fall in love with contestants simply because they're teenagers.  Chris is going to be a better singer every day of his life than Emily Ann and Zach.  Blake loves those two and thus far I find both of them average at best.  However, I will interject here that I find country radio incredibly average these days, so there is that going on.  I didn't think Emily Ann or Zach truly won their battle round.  Conversely, Chris clearly won his battle round and I was rooting for Krista and wanted her to go far.  I can't believe Adam would pick anybody much less another dime a dozen screaming diva over James Dupre.  To Shelby's credit, she can hold a note, but I find nothing unique about her and she's fungible with the other diva contestants this season.  Of course, I am never a big fan of the divas anyway.  James, on the other hand, is one of the best singers I have ever heard.  I have followed him for several years and was stunned and elated that he showed up on the show. I wanted to watch him for a while.   

Additionally, while I'm venting here, I was also sick of the judges fawning over the twins (glad they're gone) and Amy Vachal.  I can stand them for 10 seconds, then I'm off to the fridge for a snack.  I have never heard such boring singers. 

I reserve the right to gladly, happily, and gleefully take back everything I said if the spoiler turns out to be wrong.  But, alas, I fear it's not wrong.
ITA with you and am so disappointed in both Adam and Blake.  It almost seems to me that this was planned by both of them so no one could steal either one of these two.  It really sickens me because I was so looking forward to listening to Chris Crump for many more weeks - I really love his voice and find him very soothing to listen to.  I guess I was a bit surprised as to how Blake used his steals and then to get rid of someone like Chris is just not right to me.  I thought Adam had a good chance of winning with Chris and now I don't think he has a chance of winning at all.  

I was afraid that that was what Adam would do when it came to James Dupre and that is why I was not happy when James picked Adam as his coach.  Adam should have put James up in one of the first rounds since he wasn't going to keep and at give him a chance to be stolen by another coach.  Especially since Adam has Jordan and that is where his winning interests lie.  I am just SMH over this whole thing - at least the way the spoilers show.  I do wonder if age had anything to do with it - Chris and James being older than the ones chosen over them.  I think Barrett and Keith are the oldest of the ones left in the top 20 and that just makes no sense to me.  Hissy fit
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:40 pm

SLA44, Regina Love is older but I can't imagine anyone thinking she's going anywhere in this competition.  Adam loves Amy, I think Adam thinks Amy or Jordan could win.  For me, the field is pretty bad in total.  I kind of like Morgan and Braiden but not nearly as much as others soon to be gone.

I have been suspicious of Adam ever since his treatment of Katrina Parker.  In case no one remembers, in the early years the judges got to vote all the way up to who would go to the finals.  All the other judges would vote 50/50 and let America decide.  Adam voted 60/40 for a guy who was so average I can't even remember his name.  The vote came out to the guy winning by 3%.  Yep, America had voted for Katrina Parker and Adam's vote kept her out of the finals.  He even gave a speech why she was worth as much as 40%.  When the votes were tallied, Adam's demeanor showed even he could do the math. 

Blake irks me because he's always talking to the contestants who are throwbacks to traditional country music saying there's no one like then in country music today.  Yet they're always the first ones he gets rid of in the battle rounds after giving them current vanilla non-melodic country pop songs.  He did it to Cody Wickline and a girl whose name I can't remember a season or two ago and he did it with Krista Hughes again this season.  He got rid of Craig Wayne Boyd but lucked into getting him back.  Consequently, Blake probably wouldn't have treated James much better.  But I sure wish we would have had the chance to see.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:06 pm

Yes I forgot about Regina Love and you are right she is older.  Well Blake did it again this time with Morgan Frazier and I just don't think she is anywhere as good as Chris Crump, James Dupre or Blind Joe for that matter and yet she is still there and they are gone.  It makes absolutely no sense to me.  If Blake thinks he is going to win with her - I don't see it, I think there are better singers then her still in the competition but maybe that's just me.  I just know that I am not looking forward to this season any more like I was when Chris and James were in it.   Darn

Last edited by SLA44 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:28 pm

SLA44 wrote:Well Blake did it again this time with Morgan Frazier and I just don't think she is anywhere as good as Chris Crump or Blind Joe for that matter.  I just know that I am not looking forward to this season any more like I was when Chris and James were in it.   Darn

Yep, I'll probably watch because DWTS has gotten so bad. 

Well, we do have one more night where we can watch them.  I'm completely bummed.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:34 pm

You are right about DWTS being bad - I didn't watch the last two seasons before this one and I doubt I will watch next season either.  Unfortunately this show has gotten almost as bad with the way the coaches are - I have lost any respect I had left for Adam and now for Blake as well.  I will probably watch but without the enthusiasm I would have had if Chris and James were still in.  I doubt I will even bother voting now unless it is to vote for someone against someone I want gone.  It just won't be the same - I like it when I have a vested interest in someone - maybe someone will surprise me and do that - I will see. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:32 pm

My respect for the judges has been waning for a while.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:19 am

Well now I am really displeased with this show - why was it only Chris Crumps knockout song that they did not show any of and only a portion of Zach's knockout song.  Neither one of them are on the web site either.  WTH????
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:34 am

Last night was weird.  They spent eons of time on Gwen's singers and zero on Chris.  I wanted to hear him one last time.  The girl that sang Barracuda was so flat in places she hurt my ears.  James's singing was gorgeous, of course, and Adam, of course, went for the teenager who can only belt.  I am a country fan and not an R&B fan at all but Nadjah sang rings around Emily Ann.  I hope the voters start using their ears when it comes time to vote because the judges sure haven't been using theirs.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:49 am

I don't pick any hard and fast favourites until we get well past these knockout rounds. Saves me some frustration! Of course I do have some preferred performances throughout but if they go it doesn't trouble me unduly. 

I like almost every genre of music done well. Country is my least favourite, especially as it is done now. But that girl (name escapes me) who did Jesus, Take the Wheel (?) was excellent. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:30 am

Lesallee wrote:I don't pick any hard and fast favourites until we get well past these knockout rounds. Saves me some frustration! Of course I do have some performances throughout but if they go it doesn't trouble me unduly. 

I like almost every genre of music done well. Country is my least favourite, especially as it is done now. But that girl (name escapes me) who did Jesus, Take the Wheel (?) was excellent. 

You are absolutely right in not picking favorites early.  The judges frustrate me every season. 

I agree with you in that I don't like how country is done now.  Shelby did "Jesus Take the Wheel" just as it is done now.  Whereas, she is good, I do not see her bringing anything new to the table.  She's a teenager who belts and that is all.  Thank goodness Christina isn't a judge this time and has Shelby on her team.  She'd have Shelby doing runs and screaming all over the stage ala Jacquie Lee.  That kid was annoying when Christina got a hold of her. 

Earlier, I thought the talent level was pretty high this season but I have been less and less impressed with these knockout performances.  And even less impressed with the judges and their alleged winners and their steals.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:20 pm

BSkeptical wrote:Last night was weird.  They spent eons of time on Gwen's singers and zero on Chris.  I wanted to hear him one last time.  The girl that sang Barracuda was so flat in places she hurt my ears.  James's singing was gorgeous, of course, and Adam, of course, went for the teenager who can only belt.  I am a country fan and not an R&B fan at all but Nadjah sang rings around Emily Ann.  I hope the voters start using their ears when it comes time to vote because the judges sure haven't been using theirs.
I don't know what happened or why they just completely cut Chris out of the show last night - very strange.  He did sing "I Wish It Would Rain" but they have not put that up on the web site at all.  I'm not the only one that thought it was pretty strange or rude or whatever you want to call it.  Here is the link to an article that was put up a few hours ago:

http://blog.chron.com/tubular/2015/11/chris-crumps-voice-is-abruptly-silenced/

It just doesn't make any sense - according to the article Chris was graceful in his loss so once again WTH?????   Hissy fit

Here's another article questioning if Chris Crump and James Dupre chose the wrong coaches:

http://tvruckus.com/2015/11/03/the-voice-knockouts-pt-3-did-james-dupre-and-chris-crump-choose-the-wrong-coaches/
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:13 pm

SLA44 wrote:I heard on some show, maybe the Insider but I'm not sure, that Blake and Gwen are not dating per Blake's close friends.  Blake is not dating anyone right now he is just enjoying his life and is happy where he is right now.  The flirting, if there is any between him and Gwen are just for show for good TV, kinda like the showmances on DWTS.

I haven't seen tonight's show yet but I will try to remember to look at his hands tomorrow night.
Well it's pretty clear that Blake and Gwen are indeed dating.  They were together at two different Halloween Parties this weekend and there was a picture of them standing side by side with Blake's arm around Gwen's waist.  Too soon IMO - Gwen just got things straightened out with her ex this last week.  Maybe Blake and Gwen have been together all along and just lied about because she was still working on the divorce settlement with her ex.  Confused
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:13 pm

SLA44 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:Last night was weird.  They spent eons of time on Gwen's singers and zero on Chris.  I wanted to hear him one last time.  The girl that sang Barracuda was so flat in places she hurt my ears.  James's singing was gorgeous, of course, and Adam, of course, went for the teenager who can only belt.  I am a country fan and not an R&B fan at all but Nadjah sang rings around Emily Ann.  I hope the voters start using their ears when it comes time to vote because the judges sure haven't been using theirs.
I don't know what happened or why they just completely cut Chris out of the show last night - very strange.  He did sing "I Wish It Would Rain" but they have not put that up on the web site at all.  I'm not the only one that thought it was pretty strange or rude or whatever you want to call it.  Here is the link to an article that was put up a few hours ago:

http://blog.chron.com/tubular/2015/11/chris-crumps-voice-is-abruptly-silenced/

It just doesn't make any sense - according to the article Chris was graceful in his loss so once again WTH?????   Hissy fit

Here's another article questioning if Chris Crump and James Dupre chose the wrong coaches:

http://tvruckus.com/2015/11/03/the-voice-knockouts-pt-3-did-james-dupre-and-chris-crump-choose-the-wrong-coaches/
Thanks for the links.  I agree with everything they say except about Shelby.  I think James was the clear cut winner.

Did you see the show tonight?  At the end, they announced each coach was bringing back an eliminated artist.  I'm crossing my fingers we'll see James again.  I don't know though because he already has shows scheduled.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:56 pm

I did see the show last night but missed the announcement at the end.  They have never done that before that I can recall and I'm wondering if they did not get a lot of negative feedback from the results of Monday night's show.  You should get James back again but I don't have high hopes for Chris after the way they totally cut him out of the Knock-out round show.  I did see a snippet of Chris last night with Blake joking with with him but it was no more than a snippet and I don't know if that was suppose to appease his fans or not but it sure didn't satisfy me.  If anything it brought up more questions of why they completely cut him out of Monday's show when it appeared from the snippet that he and Blake were getting along fine.  Was Chris a clear cut winner like you say of James and that is why they did not show it?   Confused Another thing that I thought was strange is it seemed that Pharrell still had a steal left when both James and Chris were eliminated but he took neither one of them when he had nothing but high praise for both of them all along and had turned his chair for both of them during the blind auditions.   Scratch  Makes me wonder if he did not have a deal worked out with Gwen to get Riley back.  Rolling Eyes
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:51 pm

This show has become a bit boring lately. Time to get to the live shows. I don't tend to like some of the coaches picks so now it's time to turn it over to the viewers.

I get frustrated with these young singers that really are no different than anyone else that has a decent voice....they just tend to belt it out louder. And the coaches are picking them over the singers that have more unique voices. That's what I look for is singers that have a different sound.

I was amazed that Blake let Nadjah go over that other girl. Nadjah lives near me and she works at my bank. When I see her I am going to tell her that I think she was robbed! lol. She seems like such a class act.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:26 pm

SLA44 wrote:I did see the show last night but missed the announcement at the end.  They have never done that before that I can recall and I'm wondering if they did not get a lot of negative feedback from the results of Monday night's show.  You should get James back again but I don't have high hopes for Chris after the way they totally cut him out of the Knock-out round show.  I did see a snippet of Chris last night with Blake joking with with him but it was no more than a snippet and I don't know if that was suppose to appease his fans or not but it sure didn't satisfy me.  If anything it brought up more questions of why they completely cut him out of Monday's show when it appeared from the snippet that he and Blake were getting along fine.  Was Chris a clear cut winner like you say of James and that is why they did not show it?   Confused Another thing that I thought was strange is it seemed that Pharrell still had a steal left when both James and Chris were eliminated but he took neither one of them when he had nothing but high praise for both of them all along and had turned his chair for both of them during the blind auditions.   Scratch  Makes me wonder if he did not have a deal worked out with Gwen to get Riley back.  Rolling Eyes

I'm suspicious they were shown out of order.  There's clip on the website where the judges are getting ready to go back in to the Knockouts and Gwen specifically mentions Regina's performance.  I think they purposefully showed Regina and Riley last because of the steal. 

I can't find any spoilers yet although folks are talking on Idolforums that Ellie and Alex and Andi are coming back.  Argh.  I'm not missing them at all.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:32 pm

rkc1960 wrote:This show has become a bit boring lately. Time to get to the live shows. I don't tend to like some of the coaches picks so now it's time to turn it over to the viewers.

I get frustrated with these young singers that really are no different than anyone else that has a decent voice....they just tend to belt it out louder. And the coaches are picking them over the singers that have more unique voices. That's what I look for is singers that have a different sound.

I was amazed that Blake let Nadjah go over that other girl. Nadjah lives near me and she works at my bank. When I see her I am going to tell her that I think she was robbed! lol. She seems like such a class act.

RKC, thank you for mentioning the belters.  As you know, I've been venting about that for days.  I think so many belt because they really don't sing that well. 

It is so neat that you know or are acquainted with Nadjah.  Please tell her for me that I thought she was much better than Emily Ann prefacing that with the fact that I am all about country music.  Of course, I wasn't impressed with overrated Emily Ann in the first place.  But Nadjah sang better than a lot of others, I thought.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:34 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
SLA44 wrote:I did see the show last night but missed the announcement at the end.  They have never done that before that I can recall and I'm wondering if they did not get a lot of negative feedback from the results of Monday night's show.  You should get James back again but I don't have high hopes for Chris after the way they totally cut him out of the Knock-out round show.  I did see a snippet of Chris last night with Blake joking with with him but it was no more than a snippet and I don't know if that was suppose to appease his fans or not but it sure didn't satisfy me.  If anything it brought up more questions of why they completely cut him out of Monday's show when it appeared from the snippet that he and Blake were getting along fine.  Was Chris a clear cut winner like you say of James and that is why they did not show it?   Confused Another thing that I thought was strange is it seemed that Pharrell still had a steal left when both James and Chris were eliminated but he took neither one of them when he had nothing but high praise for both of them all along and had turned his chair for both of them during the blind auditions.   Scratch  Makes me wonder if he did not have a deal worked out with Gwen to get Riley back.  Rolling Eyes

I'm suspicious they were shown out of order.  There's clip on the website where the judges are getting ready to go back in to the Knockouts and Gwen specifically mentions Regina's performance.  I think they purposefully showed Regina and Riley last because of the steal. 

I can't find any spoilers yet although folks are talking on Idolforums that Ellie and Alex and Andi are coming back.  Argh.  I'm not missing them at all.

I forgot to add my thoughts about the Chris and Zach match-up.  Honestly, in my heart of heart, I don't see any way Zach could have out-sang Chris.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Are you talking about the twins Alex and Andi?  If they are brought back instead of James there is no justice what so ever IMO.  I was actually surprised they made it past the battle round.  Scratch

You are probably right about them showing the knockout rounds out of order - they do the same thing on the bach franchise with the HTDs.  There is nothing real about the so-called reality shows.  No 

That is my suspicion about the Chris and Zach match-up and that is why they didn't show one note coming out of Chris' mouth and they do not have that performance of Chris's on the web site either.  Don't TPTB know that the whole way they handled Chris's performance looks very odd if not very suspicious?  Hissy fit
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:19 am

SLA44 wrote:Are you talking about the twins Alex and Andi?  If they are brought back instead of James there is no justice what so ever IMO.  I was actually surprised they made it past the battle round.  Scratch

You are probably right about them showing the knockout rounds out of order - they do the same thing on the bach franchise with the HTDs.  There is nothing real about the so-called reality shows.  No 

That is my suspicion about the Chris and Zach match-up and that is why they didn't show one note coming out of Chris' mouth and they do not have that performance of Chris's on the web site either.  Don't TPTB know that the whole way they handled Chris's performance looks very odd if not very suspicious?  Hissy fit

Yes, the overrated and boring twins, in my opinion.  I agree, I thought Chance sounded better than them that night. 

My suspicion about the Chris and Zach match-up is the same.  I'm pretty sure the producers don't care one whit how it looks to us.  I'm sufficiently fed up with the show in general.  Something else I noticed was the knockout losers from Monday night weren't on the iTunes page.  I don't know if it happened that way on the other two nights of Knockouts. 

If they don't bring James back and, if I watch at all anymore, I'm going to have to root for Morgan.  I thought her Knockout against what's his name was really good.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:35 am

Well I hope their ratings go down after that fiasco with Chris and then maybe the producers will start caring a hoot how it looks to the viewers.  What a disservice they did to those contestants that they eliminated Monday night.  I know I have lost my desire to even watch it anymore.  There is no one left that I am that crazy about so I guess it depends on who they bring back if I watch or not.  

Also all this stuff going on with Blake and Gwen are a real turnoff to me so I guess I am pretty much through with this show.  Yuck
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:32 am

BSkeptical...If I see Nadjah I'll tell her. I go thru the drive thru at the bank a lot because I can't stand waiting in their forever long lines. lol. I'm sure she has turned into an instant celebrity around here when people see her. I would like to think that some record producer saw her and showed some interest.

I have heard rumors for quite some time about shifty dealings behind the scenes with this show and who they keep and who they send home...even after it is turned over to the viewers to vote. They need to have an impartial vote counter that will keep it real. This is the type of thing that turns the viewers off and effects the ratings. 

As to the Chris vs. Zach and Nadjah vs. Emily debate, I saw it as Blake picking Country singers over other genres. He has a tendency to do that.I think he would have a whole team full of Country singers if they would allow it. I think this is why you have other judges clamoring to get Country singers to go on their team. Country has become a big thing after it has become more modernized. There are people that would never have listened to the old great Country singers. Ever since they have modernized the sound of it you have Country songs on radio stations that never would have had it there in years past. It's been a big crossover. I don't know why non-Country singers go with Blake as their coach in the blinds because they are sure to get nixed before the live shows start. Don't get me wrong, I like Country music even though it isn't my first choice when turning on the radio in my car, but they have way too many country singers in the competition this year in comparison to so many other genres out there. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top