Season 9

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by BSkeptical on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:49 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote: WOW! I haven't fallen in love with any of them, yet.  I'm waiting...
I'm a James Dupre fan from his You Tube days before his appearance on Ellen.  I'm not convinced Adam will be the best coach for him.  On the other hand, I have disagreed with some of Blake's choices in his battle rounds, too.

BSkeptical

Posts : 139
Likes : 46
Join date : 2013-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:54 am

BSkeptical wrote:
WidderWoman4 wrote: WOW! I haven't fallen in love with any of them, yet.  I'm waiting...
I'm a James Dupre fan from his You Tube days before his appearance on Ellen.  I'm not convinced Adam will be the best coach for him.  On the other hand, I have disagreed with some of Blake's choices in his battle rounds, too.
I liked him too but I was really disappointed that he did not choose Blake for his coach.  Now that Adam has Viktor and seems to think he is the one to win it I'm worried for James and my hope is that Blake will steal him.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by BSkeptical on Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:48 am

SLA44 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:
WidderWoman4 wrote: WOW! I haven't fallen in love with any of them, yet.  I'm waiting...
I'm a James Dupre fan from his You Tube days before his appearance on Ellen.  I'm not convinced Adam will be the best coach for him.  On the other hand, I have disagreed with some of Blake's choices in his battle rounds, too.
I liked him too but I was really disappointed that he did not choose Blake for his coach.  Now that Adam has Viktor and seems to think he is the one to win it I'm worried for James and my hope is that Blake will steal him.
Me, too, I'm hoping Blake ultimately gets him.  I fear Adam will pit him against his better singers in their genre. He's not a rocker, he's just a beautiful singer.  I hate it when they have the contestants gyrating all over the stage instead of simply letting them sing.

I liked Krista tonight although I have to admit I wasn't that familiar with the song she sang.

BSkeptical

Posts : 139
Likes : 46
Join date : 2013-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:04 am

BSkeptical wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:
WidderWoman4 wrote: WOW! I haven't fallen in love with any of them, yet.  I'm waiting...
I'm a James Dupre fan from his You Tube days before his appearance on Ellen.  I'm not convinced Adam will be the best coach for him.  On the other hand, I have disagreed with some of Blake's choices in his battle rounds, too.
I liked him too but I was really disappointed that he did not choose Blake for his coach.  Now that Adam has Viktor and seems to think he is the one to win it I'm worried for James and my hope is that Blake will steal him.
Me, too, I'm hoping Blake ultimately gets him.  I fear Adam will pit him against his better singers in their genre. He's not a rocker, he's just a beautiful singer.  I hate it when they have the contestants gyrating all over the stage instead of simply letting them sing.

I liked Krista tonight although I have to admit I wasn't that familiar with the song she sang.
I also fear Adam pitting him against his better singers and that's what I pictured happening when he got Viktor tonight and the way he was raving over Viktor.  It seems to me that Adam says every season how he wants a country singer and to win with him/her against Blake and then he does pit them against his better singers that are more his style of music and dumps the country singer.  BTW I am not a fan of the rockers - I guess that is evident from the singers that I like.  I'm wondering why Blake is still wearing his wedding ring ~ I thought their divorce was done.   Confused


I had never heard the song that Krista sung tonight either but at least she had the good sense to pick Blake over Adam when she is interested in country music.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by WidderWoman4 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:43 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
WidderWoman4 wrote: WOW! I haven't fallen in love with any of them, yet.  I'm waiting...
I'm a James Dupre fan from his You Tube days before his appearance on Ellen.  I'm not convinced Adam will be the best coach for him.  On the other hand, I have disagreed with some of Blake's choices in his battle rounds, too.

How did the WOW get in my quote?  I didn't put it there.

WidderWoman4
Power User

Posts : 684
Likes : 192
Join date : 2015-07-25
Location : Bellingham, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by WidderWoman4 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:47 pm

    SLA44 wrote:
     I'm wondering why Blake is still wearing his wedding ring ~ I thought their divorce was done.   Confused


I'm guessing this was filmed before the divorce.

WidderWoman4
Power User

Posts : 684
Likes : 192
Join date : 2015-07-25
Location : Bellingham, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:52 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:    SLA44 wrote:
     I'm wondering why Blake is still wearing his wedding ring ~ I thought their divorce was done.   Confused


I'm guessing this was filmed before the divorce.
I never thought of that.  I wonder when filming started?  I will have to see if it is still on when they get to the live shows.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by rkc1960 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:45 pm

I didn't watch it as closely last night because my son was here and don't know how much I feel like going back and watching the whole thing tonight...after all, Survivor is on. lol


I like that they have yet another duet on this season. Those twins sounded really good together. I hope this starts a new trend. I thought that when the Swann Brothers did so well a few seasons back that we would have seen more before now.


As to what BSkeptical said about too much dancing around on stage, I always assumed that was something that the coaches encouraged as time went on. They aren't looking for that in the blind auditions because every time someone does that they seem to loose the crispness in their voice and the coaches pick it up. As time goes on and they are being trained, it is possible for them to get into the performance without losing the vocals. The contestants need to learn to do that if they are going to be performing in front of a live audience. Nothing bores me more than watching someone stand completely still during a performance. 

rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 990
Likes : 231
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:54 pm

There are two duets on this season - the now engaged couple plus the twins.


Last edited by SLA44 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by BSkeptical on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:13 am

rkc1960 wrote:I didn't watch it as closely last night because my son was here and don't know how much I feel like going back and watching the whole thing tonight...after all, Survivor is on. lol


I like that they have yet another duet on this season. Those twins sounded really good together. I hope this starts a new trend. I thought that when the Swann Brothers did so well a few seasons back that we would have seen more before now.


As to what BSkeptical said about too much dancing around on stage, I always assumed that was something that the coaches encouraged as time went on. They aren't looking for that in the blind auditions because every time someone does that they seem to loose the crispness in their voice and the coaches pick it up. As time goes on and they are being trained, it is possible for them to get into the performance without losing the vocals. The contestants need to learn to do that if they are going to be performing in front of a live audience. Nothing bores me more than watching someone stand completely still during a performance. 
I hear what you're saying but I hate it when it doesn't look natural and I think that's what happens in the battle rounds.  Blake doesn't dance around the stage and gyrate when he's performing.  I hated when Shakira made her performers do that.  I can see getting into the beat of the music but they do too much.  Additionally and on another note, I hate when Christina gets hold of decent singers and has them sing three notes and then a run all the while screaming.

BSkeptical

Posts : 139
Likes : 46
Join date : 2013-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by rkc1960 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:14 am

Blake is normally performing with his guitar. Most singers playing guitar don't move around as much. Besides, Blake has been around for years and he has a huge following and doesn't need to put on much of a show by dancing around. These newbies need to develop a following and that requires them to entertain people.


I'm not trying to argue with you....seriously. I'm just trying to say that in my opinion singers have to do more than stand there and sing to put on an entertaining show.

rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 990
Likes : 231
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by BSkeptical on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 pm

rkc1960 wrote:Blake is normally performing with his guitar. Most singers playing guitar don't move around as much. Besides, Blake has been around for years and he has a huge following and doesn't need to put on much of a show by dancing around. These newbies need to develop a following and that requires them to entertain people.


I'm not trying to argue with you....seriously. I'm just trying to say that in my opinion singers have to do more than stand there and sing to put on an entertaining show.
Oh, I agree with you.  I just don't like it when it looks inauthentic.

BSkeptical

Posts : 139
Likes : 46
Join date : 2013-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:15 pm

I really liked 16 year old Shelby Brown and she was a four chair turn.  Again I wish she would have picked Blake but maybe Adam will come through for her - time will tell.




SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by Lesallee on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Blind auditions are done; everybody has a full team and we are on to the Battle Rounds. Sometimes those battles are kind of tough when I thoroughly like both singers! 


I am going out on a limb here and say I hope Gwen's team wins.

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2412
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by Lesallee on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:24 pm

SLA44 wrote:I really liked 16 year old Shelby Brown and she was a four chair turn.  Again I wish she would have picked Blake but maybe Adam will come through for her - time will tell.



This young lady has an incredible voice and I rather think Adam is the right choice for her. She doesn't want to confine herself to country and Blake IS country, through and through. That is not a bad thing but it does influence his coaching whereas I find Adam more versatile and able to move comfortably through all genres.

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2412
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:10 pm

I also liked Amy Vachal who chose Pharrell for her coach.






There were several very good performers tonight but Amy and Shelby stood out to me.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:13 pm

Lesallee wrote:
SLA44 wrote:I really liked 16 year old Shelby Brown and she was a four chair turn.  Again I wish she would have picked Blake but maybe Adam will come through for her - time will tell.



This young lady has an incredible voice and I rather think Adam is the right choice for her. She doesn't want to confine herself to country and Blake IS country, through and through. That is not a bad thing but it does influence his coaching whereas I find Adam more versatile and able to move comfortably through all genres.
I will have to disagree with you on Blake only being country through and through because at least two of his wins were not country at all.  To me he is just a very good coach that's not saying the others aren't but I just favor Blake.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by Lesallee on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:24 pm

I think they are all good coaches, SLA. 


It is fun to watch the singers as they polish their talent and become ever more confident and assured. The coaches help them so much - they've all been there, done that!

Lesallee
Power User

Posts : 2412
Likes : 856
Join date : 2015-07-26
Location : Edmonton, AB

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:56 pm

It seems to me that there are more teenagers this year, especially around the 16 year old age group.  Maybe it's just that more of them got chairs to turn in the past.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by WidderWoman4 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:10 pm

Blake and Gwen might be an item?  Oh, my!

WidderWoman4
Power User

Posts : 684
Likes : 192
Join date : 2015-07-25
Location : Bellingham, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:13 pm

I hope not - they both need some time from their previous marriages IMO.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by WidderWoman4 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:25 am

I agree, SLA.  And to have the first post-divorce romance on TV on top of the timing is probably not healthy for either Blake or Gwen.

WidderWoman4
Power User

Posts : 684
Likes : 192
Join date : 2015-07-25
Location : Bellingham, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:53 am

Good point WW.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by BSkeptical on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:28 pm

My faves so far are James Dupre, Krista Hughes, and Summer Schappell.  Yep, I'm a country music fan and I like these three.

BSkeptical

Posts : 139
Likes : 46
Join date : 2013-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 9

Post by SLA44 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Right now my favorites are Chris Crump and James Dupre but I'm keeping an open mind.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum