Ashley I. recaps this week's episodes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley I. recaps this week's episodes Empty Ashley I. recaps this week's episodes

Post by Grammarianna Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Bachelor in Paradise contestant Ashley Iaconetti is here recapping the show for Cosmopolitan.com. Week two of this season was filled with messy dates and Machiavellian contestants, to say the least — here's an insider's take on all the action:
This week began with my sister Lauren complaining. About everything — the people, the reality TV fishbowl, the heat, the people again. I felt like I was babysitting her, to be honest, though not being able to escape the humidity was difficult on all of us. Even I was getting to the point where I wanted her to leave because I needed to focus on myself ... and Jared. Of course I still cried buckets when she left though.

A lot of people criticized her honesty, but she knew exactly what would come her way if she came out about being "the mistress." She was so upset all the time that she couldn't hide it from the cast any longer. If there had been a guy she really did like in Paradise, both of us agree things would have been different, but being surrounded by men she wasn't interested in only made her miss her "mister" even more. Once Lauren went home, though, she confronted her bae and she's no longer the "side piece," as we prefer to call it. And however miserable she seemed on TV, Lauren doesn't regret her time on the show. She made wonderful friends; Jared and Jonathan had a particularly meaningful chat with her about valuing herself and to hold out for a man of great character who respects her.

Following Lauren's exit, another source of drama rolled into Paradise, and oh, boy. We didn't know much about Joe prior to his arrival, other than what the other guys from his season of The Bachelorettetold us really, as we hadn't seen much of the show at that point. He was insanely nervous walking into Paradise; I learned this when I sat down with him after his entrance and had a platonic one-on-one chat. We bonded over our tendency for awkwardness, and I immediately felt like we'd support each other through this. I felt like I had found the guy friend I really needed in Paradise, even. And I encouraged him to ask Juelia on the date — she seemed into him (at least more than the other girls), and wanted to go horse riding.  They had what looked like a romantic time, right? They kissed in that waterfall; Juelia came back pretty smitten. I felt like Cupid! 

I'll admit, I knew Joe was excited about the possibility of Samantha (from Chris Soules's season of The Bachelor) coming to Paradise. However, from what I heard, I assumed the date with Juelia had gone well enough that he wasn't still planning his future with her. I was definitely as shocked as the viewing audience to see Joe trash talking Juelia and their date in an interview. He said she wasn't very smart, their kiss sucked, and that he just wanted the rose. Maybe Joe didn't expect a more casual conversation with a producer to be aired, but still.

Now, often times members of the Bachelor family will see a good friend talking smack about them on TV, and we usually laugh it off — we all understand certain things are said for the sake of the storyline or out of raw, in-the-moment emotion. But my jaw dropped while I watched Joe play mind games on Mikey and especially sweetheart Jonathan — I had no idea that was coming. It turns out they were completely in the right to tell Juelia not to trust him, but he burned them both. Some of the cast was skeptical of Joe's intentions, but looking back now, I was completely fooled. The things he said were awful — the bitchy hashtag, the threats of violence — and he made poor Jonathan cry. I doubt I will be as chummy with him in the future. I feel like this applies to most of our cast. Everyone is #TeamJuelia.

In happier couplings (at least for a little while), let's talk about Jared and Clare's date, and my other meltdown of the week. But let's set the scene first: I was having a great time with Jared the night his date card arrived. I was finally assimilating into the group; I was feeling pretty and surprisingly flirty and confident. But I also knew that he and Clare had a connection, and I had a gut feeling he would pick her.  Even being prepared, though, didn't minimize the emotional pain. I want you to imagine a time when your crush expressed interest in another girl — maybe he asked someone else to prom or, you know, made out with her at that Halloween party where you'd showed up as a zombie bride. Seeing that unfold in front of your eyes and feeling that direct rejection will set off the waterworks. At least it will for me! Mikey, being the testosterone-driven man he is, expressed these feelings more aggressively, and his confrontation with Clare wasn't pretty. But let's be real, her feelings toward him were pretty clear and he chose to ignore the warning signs. Tantric yoga really can mess with your mind, I suppose.

After I'd gotten my I'm-gonna-die-alone sobs out of my system and calmed down, Jared came over to me to talk about his decision. He was such a gentleman; it was classic Jared. And I have to say while speaking with him I kept it pretty calm, cool, and collected (which is probably why you didn't see it, hehe) as I did truly understand that he wanted to test the waters with other girls. I didn't like it — nor did I like hearing Clare recount all the sexy details afterward — but that's life in Paradise, and I think Jared respected the way I handled the situation. 

Their bungee-jumping looked like good fun, minus Clare's weird sex screams. I'll just leave that there. 

A fun Paradise strategy fact: Mikey and Jonathan both used the time Jared and Clare were off on their date to pitch for my rose if it turned out they'd really paired up. But they didn't — I had no idea that Jared confronted Clare about not having a spark with her later that night, but I believe it happened after we had a nice moment together. You know those scenes where we're staring out the sunset or out at the ocean? We call those "contemplation scenes" and, with Jared, they happen a lot — he was often off alone on the beach, being deep and broody and meaningful. That's sexy to me. Anyway, we laid out there that night and stared at the stars talking. I still wasn't quite sure were his head was at, but his mysteriousness and the way I could never figure out what he was thinking made Jared even more appealing to me. 

And then, yes, and I mean yes, could Jared have made a sexier first move?! *Sigh.* That kiss was just as good watching back as I remembered. There's something about a guy holding you face when he kisses you. Of course, leave it up to me to word vomit in that moment and fangirl over the fact I'd gotten to experience his suave kissing skills. 

My fellow Disney princess Tenley went on her first date of the week with new Paradise arrival Joshua. JJ, who'd just given her his rose, got pissy, and argued that princesses don't end up with welders. But as a father to a 4-year-old, JJ should know that Frozen's princess Anna ends up with the ice guy, Kristoff. And a man who carves ice is similar enough to a welder, right? (Aside from, yes, the different temperatures they work with. I get it.) Meanwhile, JJ is stuck acting like the Gaston, and it's not a good look. Let it go, bro. Let it go
Tenley, or "Elevenly" if you liked that line, also went out with the week's other new arrival, Michael. He was absolutely set on wooing her, and they had a nice time, because you can't go wrong with a mariachi band (or a date that basically saw them walking on water; Tenley's just that perfect). Three suitors to choose from is, in Paradise, both a blessing and a curse, and I know she had quite the tough decision to make at the rose ceremony.

Leading into that ceremony, you may have sensed that the cast was getting fed up with Clare's antics. There were a lot of snarky comments about her age (some of which I'm guilty of, sorry Clare), but that wasn't really the issue. Some of us felt she felt a bit superior to the rest of us, and after she announced that there was less cohesiveness amongst this year's Paradise cast and fewer people there looking for love, Jade decided to be our spokesperson and clap back — in the moment, I think many of us felt like she'd spoken up just to get pity, or attention, because as someone who excluded herself from the group, she really didn't have the right to critique us. When Clare dismissed herself from the rose ceremony to talk to Chris Harrison, well, I don't even know yet why she did that … because it's all TO BE CONTINUED. 
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Ashley I. recaps this week's episodes Empty Re: Ashley I. recaps this week's episodes

Post by Guest Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Sounds like a bunch of teen-age gossip.  Not a mature bunch, to say the least.  JMO.

Back to top Go down

Ashley I. recaps this week's episodes Empty Re: Ashley I. recaps this week's episodes

Post by Grammarianna Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:04 pm

Everything about Ashley I. screams immature.

That's why she's recapping for a publication which appeals to teen girls.

I just thought her "behind the scenes" tidbits were interesting.
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:09 pm

Of course it doesn't surprise me that she was more inclined to dismiss her sisters antics as it is just her personality. On the flip side she wasn't as kind to Clare. Immaturity at it's best.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top