Thinge we Learn from Bachelor In Paradise

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thinge we Learn from Bachelor In Paradise - Page 4 Empty Re: Thinge we Learn from Bachelor In Paradise

Post by BAL91182 Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:07 pm

Starz wrote:Conversating - is this really an official word now? Has it made the BN Dictionary?
That still irks me when people say it. I even hear people around here where I live say it. I would think it would be easier to say converse. Less syllables.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Thinge we Learn from Bachelor In Paradise - Page 4 Empty Re: Thinge we Learn from Bachelor In Paradise

Post by h28koala Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:06 am

Belle:

"18. If your name is Nick and you talk to a bachgirl off season, you get to go on a bach show as many times as you want. And you don't have any problem trying to steal another man's woman."

I LOVE THIS!!!!  LMAO!  Very clever!

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:03 pm

I don't know if you mentioned this but it is hard to remember a name like Juelia.  I guess the "e" in her name threw him.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:07 pm

Belle, you should send these to the show or you could publish your own little book for fans.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:20 am

Hello to all!  Belle, your list continues to impress me.  Again, thank you.  I learned a new word on Monday night.  Joe was talking to Samantha about texting before the show and what that would mean for them while on the show.  He said their texting lead him to have certain "exceptations" for their relationship.  Most of us would use the word expectations.  Does "exceptations" qualify for the Bach dictionary?

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:07 am

T
FillePensive wrote:Hello to all!  Belle, your list continues to impress me.  Again, thank you.  I learned a new word on Monday night.  Joe was talking to Samantha about texting before the show and what that would mean for them while on the show.  He said their texting lead him to have certain "exceptations" for their relationship.  Most of us would use the word expectations.  Does "exceptations" qualify for the Bach dictionary?

Absolutely, yes. Do you happen to know the definition, by chance?
Ughwhatname
Ughwhatname

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi Ugh.  Thanks for your reply.    Exceptations:  A set of expectations and exceptions formulated to enhance a relationship and/or get a rose.

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:53 pm

It must be getting close to finals 'cause i learned a lot tonight.  In fact, I think I might have learned enough tonight to get me through the rest of my romantic life.  Fleiss really should put out one of those self help books.

1.  The biggest betrayal in Bachelor history is in this episode . . . somewhere.

2. Seagull in the morning, bachcast take warning.

3. If you're really upset, you need mixed metaphors to describe your pain.

4.  Juggling balls isn't the same as juggling men.  I thought it was.

5. Beauty has a spell over people.  It can take ten years off a beast's life.

6. If a master manipulator cancels a date, it's because she doesn't want to hurt one of the people she's manipulated.

7. If a guy is slow, take a chance with someone else.  Life is short.

8.  A lot of connection goes on in dancing, even if the guy is a consolation prize.  And has two left feet.

9. A crab on the beach is worth two under the table.

10. Even parrots rant when Chris Bukowski shows up (and he doesn't care).

The night is young, and we're just getting started!  Laughing
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:06 pm

11.  If you're on a bach show for the fifth time, you are stiff competition.  Yes, I said that.

12. If you take off your shirt, your two-tone back will show.

13.  Hips can be, well, hipnotic.

14. Can "great guy" trump attraction?  Let's ask The Donald.

15. Bukowski is a vampire.  He said so; he comes out when the sun goes down.

16. Crab at night, you've got a plight.

17. Apparently, "Nothing takes away from what we had" is a stock bach phrase and not original with Kaitlyn talking to Nick.

18. You don't need a Plan B if you know your Plan A is gonna work.

20. Being drunk and asking a girl on a date don't go together very well.

Time for a break.  Really.

Last edited by Buckeye Belle on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:19 pm

21. If Plan A doesn't work out and you don't have a Plan B, throw things and give the date card to someone who can make good use of it to ask out the girl who wrecked Plan A.

22. Becoming a Mexican foodie is a new way to conquer one's fears, take a leap of faith, and bond with your date.  Add an aphrodisiac, and it can get very spicy, as can your language.

22. Just as I was writing that I hadn't hear the word "amazing" on this episode, I heard the word "amazing."

23.  A special chef-made dinner comes with awesomesauce.  And that cheesy aphrodisiac.

24.  The ocean is Samantha water, and people are drinking it.

25. Who knew there was such a thing as a swing rose?

26. If you put something in writing, you can communicate without crying . . . and use a lot more adjectives.

26. When you are watching round-robin conversations about the relationships in preparation for a rose ceremony, you don't learn much of anything.

27. It's a sin to put generic catsup on filet mignon.  Now, who wrote that?

28. If you swing back and forth between guys like a pendulum, you can turn into a fire hydrant the guys want to pee on.  Now, who wrote that?

29. The beach bed beside the surf is a good place for a heart-to-heart talk--that is, if there is a heart involved.

30. When you're at a pivotal point, you have to look around and see who is there for the right reasons.

There are two No. 22 above because the second one is just an editorial comment.  Smile

Last edited by Buckeye Belle on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Belle, you are awesome!  Thanks for the fun read!

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Coming down the backstretch . . .

31. Giving out a rose is so hard, it causes a gigglefest.

32. Chris Harrison can say his lines even without the wine glass and butter knife.

33. Drama sucks even if you are a master manipulator and created it.

34.  A chess master spider woman from hell can spark a big fire.

35. When you are eliminated from a bach show, you get to have your last confrontation before you leave.

36.  Feelings can change in an hour.  They do.

37. Uh oh.  When you hear the words "you are the one," you're in for a bumpy ride.

38. The best way to show you meant it when you made a threat is to chug some beer.  Hold that bottle just right-parallel to the floor.

39. When you don't know what else to say, you have forgotten the truth.

40. Leave it to onion girl to nail what is going on.

41.  A tissue is the new shining armor.

42.  The best distraction from a communal blame game is a new arrival.

And so to bed (for the bachpeople, not me).
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:32 pm

Thank you, FillePensive!  Like McDonald's, we do it all for you.  Laughing
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:44 pm

Buckeye Belle wrote:Coming down the backstretch . . .

31. Giving out a rose is so hard, it causes a gigglefest.

32. Chris Harrison can say his lines even without the wine glass and butter knife.

33. Drama sucks even if you are a master manipulator and created it.

34.  A chess master spider woman from hell can spark a big fire.

35. When you are eliminated from a bach show, you get to have your last confrontation before you leave.

36.  Feelings can change in an hour.  They do.

37. Uh oh.  When you hear the words "you are the one," you're in for a bumpy ride.

38. The best way to show you meant it when you made a threat is to chug some beer.  Hold that bottle just right-parallel to the floor.

39. When you don't know what else to say, you have forgotten the truth.

40. Leave it to onion girl to nail what is going on.

41.  A tissue is the new shining armor.

42.  The best distraction from a communal blame game is a new arrival.

And so to bed (for the bachpeople, not me).

Terrific as usual. These also serve as a roadmap of sites to see along the way!
Ughwhatname
Ughwhatname

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Chris B. is tough competition? Did anyone really think that, or was that on a cue card?
Ughwhatname
Ughwhatname

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:22 pm

Ughwhatname wrote:Chris B. is tough competition? Did anyone really think that, or was that on a cue card?
Not just competition, stiff competition!  Scared   It's because of his vast experience.  Now, what do you suppose, Ugh?  (In other words, what is supposable?)
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:28 pm

Buckeye Belle wrote:
Ughwhatname wrote:Chris B. is tough competition? Did anyone really think that, or was that on a cue card?
Not just competition, stiff competition!  Scared   It's because of his vast experience.  Now, what do you suppose, Ugh?  (In other words, what is supposable?)

I suppose that no relationships have stuck yet...
Ughwhatname
Ughwhatname

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:44 am

Belle -- fabulous, as usual!!  Bow

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:19 pm

Testy Tuesday - August 31

Are we tying up loose ends, or are things just getting frayed?

1. An Onion Girl is subject to change without notice.

2. One can be let down without being surprised.

3. It's not fair to dump a girl before she puts her makeup on.

4. There is a theory that the way to keep someone from taking a man away from you is to give up your virginity.  This didn't come from anyone's mom.

5. Restored hope for the full package really does reside in Paradise.

6.  Falling in love can be a unilateral thing.

7. The camera crew bets better helicopter rides than the cast members.

8. When life style, interests and travel line up, you have everything you need for a successful relationship.

9. If time is getting short, you can't let another man stand in the way of getting the girl you want.  Especially if drama is involved.

10. All bar glasses in Mexican resorts have cobalt blue rims.

And where is this episode going to go?  Stay tuned . . .
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:38 pm

11. If your are a newcomer who hasn't yet put on a bikini, your future is uncertain.

12. You can't have an idea where your relationship that hasn't even started yet is going to go.

13. Just when you think the cast is complete, someone new comes in.  It's a reality TV rule.

14.  It's also a rule that the new girl in the house is there to shake things up--i.e., make Trouble in Paradise.

15. When each person on a date has a kid, there is relatable chemistry.

16. No one is surprised at seeing stuff laying around that could indicate an S&M encounter is about to happen.

17. A women who has a kid is definitely not a virgin.

18. A weird Mexican date with fire and smoke and a marriage ceremony is just another night on the town.

19. If you get married in Mexico, you can't be sure if you're really married.  But we already knew that.

20. When you say the word "divorce," a crab walks out of the sea.

Tying up tonight's loose ends . . . coming right up!
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:51 pm

21. If you are a latecomer, you're are at an advantage because all the people who are still there are already sick of each other.

22. If you want to keep your man, you need to consult with Chris Harrison and beg for time alone.

23.  Dueling date cards can be played without a banjo.

24. Will she or won't she?  It's gonna take more than a hairdresser to know for sure.

25.  Best quote on the show that the speaker didn't write (Chris Bukowski on his reasons for "retirement"): "Sometimes you feel like you're on a group date with your own demons."  We will hear this again, I'm sure of it!

26.  With Chris B retiring, the competition isn't so stiff any more.  Yes, I said that!

27.  Ashley I's worst character flaw is that she wants to hang out with Kris Kardashian.

So . . . are we there it?  Will football season ever start?
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Belle, your observations are delightful once again.  Thank you!   Here's something I learned on Monday night:  If you show up in a spaghetti-strapped, ruffle-hemmed, PIN-STRIPED romper, it means you're going to get down to BUSINESS.

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:25 pm

FillePensive, that's a GOOD one!  BUSINESS indeed!  I love that!
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Thanks, Belle!   I learned something on After Paradise, as well.   Looking pretty in pink does not make you smell like roses.

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:09 pm

With one season coming to an end, another is beginning--thank goodness!  So that is where I started learning tonight . . .

1. I'd rather watch football.

2. If all season finales are shocking, are any of them really shocking?

3. Jorge the bartender is a better psychologist than Chris Harrison.

4. Hope for one losing her virginity springs eternal.  You can tell by the foam on the surf and the flowers blooming in closeup time lapse.

5. If you write a date card with a Sharpie, you'd better not make a mistake.

6. The thought of possibly losing your virginity doesn't make you cry, even if you've cried at everything else on the show so far.

7. When the season is coming to an end, vibes get strange.

8. "Trust" and "adore" go together like peanut butter and jelly.  Or maybe not, if a parrot flies over the ocean after the water washes away a heart drawn in the sand.

9. Breaking up is hard to do.  Still.

10. When you run into the ocean in your bikini with a battery pack on your back, you come out dry.

11. You need to change bikinis before you tell your friends you are going home.

12. The person who deserves love more than anyone won't find it in Paradise.  At least, not in bach Paradise.

Why there is more to come at this point, I'm really not sure.  But there is.
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top