SYTYCD 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: SYTYCD 2014

Post by SLA44 Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:56 am

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE: RECAP FOR AUGUST 6, 2014
Details
Category: SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE
Published on Thursday, 07 August 2014 05:39
SYTYCD 2014 - Page 3 Sytycd_dec11_leadSO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE
RECAP FOR AUGUST 6, 2014

Hello and welcome to tonight’s recap of the top 10 on SYTYCD. Last week we had a crushing double elimination which resulted in cutting the contestants down from 14 to 10. Tonight Christina Perri will also to recreate a performance that skyrocketed her career on the show, and contestants will dance with the season 11 all stars. Starting now the Judges have no control over what happens and I am ready to get started. Lets Go!! 

We open tonight’s performance show with a vibrant routine, and I am not sure how to stylize it, has a lot of colors. The song used is Bang Bang by Nicki Minaj, Jessie J and Arianna Grande. Cat calls out the top 10 to introduce themselves. She mentions how the great group routine was choreographed by a new choreographer to the show Jamal Sims. The Judges tonight are executive producer NIGEL LYTHGOE, Hot Tamale Train Conductor MARY MURPHY and professional figure skater TARA LIPINSKI. Cat says that they will be revealing information to each dancer individually after each routine. Rather than me giving my comments on the routine because I find that I say the same things as the judges I will score them all on a scale of 1-20 based on factors. 20 means absolutely flawless so I may be a bit harsh, but probably not.  

1.) Bridget Whitman

All-Star- Brandon Bryant

Dance- “Bollywood Disco”

Choreographer- Nakul Dev Mahajan. 

Song- “Disco Kinisko”-Dil Bole Productions.

Nigel- Its such a happy dance and makes me think we were using a Pharell song. I think there will be a new movie with John Travolta and you would be great in it. Nakul made you do some ridiculous jumps and it was once again tremendous.

Mary- Strength, Stamina, Speed, Skill and Spirit. You had the 5 s’s and it was great. The quadriceps were singing “That’s the Way I like it”

Tara- The outfit was great, and the faces were nice. I love this version of Bollywood and the rhythmic movements.

Me- 18.5/20

RESULTS- BOTTOM 2 LADIES……..

2.) Tanisha Belnap

All-Star- Ryan Di-Lello

Dance- Argentine Tango

Choreographer- Leonardo and Miriam

Song- “The Goucho’s pain”-Tango Jointz

Nigel- The Neck Lift is absolutely stunning to watch, It looked fantastic and your footwork was flawless, I don’t know if you have misplaced a foot all season.

Mary- I can’t believe they did that, It had everything I would every want to see in an A Tango, the character that you can put forth is crazy, and you make it seem effortless, you are a powerhouse.

Tara- The opening portion with the slow stealth was sexy and you had me from there. Ryan was lucky to have you as a partner.

Me- 19.5/20

RESULTS- SAFE!!!!!

3.) Emilio Dosal

All-Star- Jasmine Harper

Dance- Hip-Hop

Choreographer- Napoleon and Tabitha Dumo 

Song- “Get Low”-Dillon Francis and DJ Snake

Nigel- One of the worst things is exposing to the world how good the choreographers are. It is great to have NappyTaps back. Emilio has gotten so much better over the past weeks it is unreal.

Mary- I love welcoming them back, this number was amazing. Emilio I agree with Nigel you have hit the top and were great tonight, everything was synchronized.

Tara- Jasmine you aren’t real, the snake action blew my mind, NappyTaps are the king and queens of SYTYCD Choreographers.

Me-18/20

RESULTS- BOTTOM 2 GUYS……..

4.) Valerie Rockey

All-Star- Ade Obayami

Dance- Jazz 

Choreographer- Tyce Diorio

Song- “Hearts a Mess”-Gobye

Nigel- I didn’t love you tonight and Tyce’s piece was great. Ade showed you up, you cant be happy smiley in a routine like this. If they don’t remember how great you have been you could be in trouble.

Mary- I see what Tara means, but this is an interesting style for me, this is how you are and we asked a ton from you, I think it would have been nice to see you dig a little bit deeper.

Tara- That was interesting for me, and cuteness oozes out for me. I didn’t see the connection as clear for me, and the emotions were lacing for portions.

Me-16.5/20

RESULTS- SAFE!!!!!

5.) Rudy Abreu

All-Star- Jenna Johnson

Dance- Cha-Cha

Choreographer- Louis Van Amstel

Song- “Maps”- Maroon 5

Nigel- I owe you an apology when I first met you I thought you were all about yourself, just make sure you can hold back a little bit and don’t go over the top.

Mary- It was hot, and you had some incredible moves going there, Jenna put the A on Amazing and Louis was incredible tonight. It was grounded and there was so much chemistry tonight. You have entered the hot tamale train tonight.

Tara- Rudy, your joy and passion is infectious on the floor, and you lived up to Jenna Big Time. It was beautiful.

Me- 19/20

RESULTS- SAFE!!!!!

6.) Jacque Leworne

All-Star- Chehon Wespi-Tschopp

Dance- Contemporary Ballet

Choreographer- Travis Wall

Song- “Adagio from TRON”-Daft Punk

Nigel- Wow. I loved the flow of movement that travis got out of that and I loved that camera work. Jacque I think the allstars have pushed everyone to an incredibly high level.

Mary- I agree with everyone and it was exquisite. I loved it all, will be seeing more of this style soon.

Tara- Your work is so beautiful and I die from watching it. Your flexability is great and the entire performance was a great package.

Me- 19/20

RESULTS- BOTTOM 2 LADIES……..

7.) Ricky Ubeda

All-Star- Lauren Froderman

Dance- Jazz

Choreographer- Mandy Moore

Song- “Bossa Nova Baby”- Elvis Presley

Nigel- Everyone is raising their game to try and catch you Ricky. That routine looked simple but it definitely isn’t.

Mary- Ricky you have the skills that pay the bills, every choreographer will love having you and you can do anything anyone every wants you to do.

Tara- I had so much fun and I loved you two together. The level of talent on the stage was beautiful. Perfection is starting to get annoying, and please make a mistake soon.

Me-20/20 Perfection and Cute.

RESULTS- SAFE!!!!!

8.) Casey Askew

All-Star- Kathryn McCormick

Dance- Broadway

Choreographer- Spencer Liff

Song- ‘Maybe this Time” Liza Minnelli

Nigel- This was great, and I loved Spencer’s piece and the creativity you bring to the floor each time you come on the stage Casey.

Mary- Seeing Kathryn on Stage shows me how I have loved everything she has ever done. Casey you are becoming one of the stars of the season. There were some crazy moves in this routine and I loved it all.

Tara- I loved the entire thing and you are showing your incredibly diversity on the show.

Me-18.5/20

RESULTS- SAFE!!!!!

9.) Jessica Richens

All-Star- Stephen “Twitch” Boss

Dance- Hip-Hop

Choreographer- NappyTaps

Song- “U Got Me Up”-Cajmere

Nigel- I am so pleased I inspired NappyTaps to do this routine. Twitch really suits being an old man in the dance pieces. I don’t think people realize how great you are at this thing we call dance.

Mary- What am I going to say it was out of this world. This number had everything in it. It was off the charts.

Tara- I couldn’t sleep last week when I heard about this pairing, you exceeded every expectation and you lived up to Twitch’s coolness greatly.

Me-19/20

RESULTS- SAFE!!!!!

10.) Zack Everhart

All-Star- Amy Yakima

Dance- Contemporary

Choreographer- Sonya Tayeh

Song- “Europe After the Rain”-Max Richter

Nigel- Contemporary dance is just touching, this is the only style I know that touches people in such strange ways. Sonya has done a great job with this routine. I am so proud to announce Sonya going to the Martha Graham Company.

Mary- You made me feel something great Zach in this piece.

Tara- I am speechless it was absolutely beautiful.

Me- 20/20 (Love Sonya)

RESULTS- BOTTOM 2 GUYS……..

Christina Perri/Stacey Tookey remake of the 2010 performance from SYTYCD with Kathryn and Chehon.

Results- Bridget and Emilio will be leaving us tonight. This was probably who it deserved to be after who was placed in the bottom 4. They were a great presence on the show and will be dearly missed by all associated with the show including me.

Thank you to everyone for reading this amazing recap tonight. The pairings for next week are…. Tanisha-Nick Valerie-Ryan Rudy-Allison Jacuqe-Twitch Ricky-Jaime Casey-Comfort Jessica-Will Zack-Makenzie . Next week will be Michael Jackson week and we will cut down the contestants from 8 to 6 and have two crushing eliminations. Be sure to join me next week for the roller coaster ride. Thanks and continue to surf all over TVGrapevine for the best recaps on the Web.

http://tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-02-24/so-you-think-you-can-dance/9240-so-you-think-you-can-dance-recap-for-august-6-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:59 am

Sorry singly I didn't get tvgrapevine's recap up before now - they had their top 10 evaluation up and not the recap and then I forgot to go back and get it.

So they have Ricky's dance listed as Jazz.  I will have to go back and look at the clip of his dance again. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:31 pm

I don't even look at the recaps.  I already saw the show, so don't go to any bother if it's just for me.   It appears we're the only two on this thread since Vic and Mustang disappeared.

Jazz??  H-m-m-m.  I guess that would fit.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:11 am

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE: RECAP FOR AUGUST 13, 2014
Details
Published on Wednesday, 13 August 2014 22:33
RECAP FOR AUGUST 13, 2014

Hello and welcome to the top 8 SYTYCD Performance show which is dedicated to the great works of Michael Jackson. We open with a Jazz routine to the song“ A Place With no Name”-Michael Jackson choreographed by Travis Payne, Michael Jackson choreographer.  The dancers do their little solos, and Cat introduces Jenna Dewan Tatum who is joining Nigel and Mary at the judges desk. Here we go for the night, results will occur when people complete their dances.  

TANISHA Ballroom Solo-” Warrior”-Havana Brown.

1.) Ricky Ubeda

All-Star- Jaimie

Dance- Contemporary

Choreographer- Travis Wall

Song- “Smile”-Michael Jackson

Nigel- That was beautiful music by the writer of the song, and there were great technical moments, that transcend what can be done on the show. You have gotten to the point where you don’t just do the dance you are the dance.

Mary- You let everything go tonight and it was amazing, you have been flawless and done everything with the best of your ability, it is effortless with brilliant dancers. That tunnel turn was great. You liquefied my bones tonight.

Jenna- Ricky you are incredible I am completely blown away by your extensions and travis Wall is godly. I really felt you guys love, friendship and connections.

RESULT- SAFE!!!!!!- Will be dancing with Anya next week

ZACK Tap Solo- “Gotta Get Through This”

2.) Valerie Rockey

All-Star- Ryan Di Lello

Dance- Samba

Choreographer- Jean Marc Generoux

Song- “Wanna Be Startin Somethin”-Michael Jackson

Nigel- You look vivacious, I loved the music for that song, and Michael Jackson has inspired so many past auditioners. Your personality came beaming across and I hope you stay after last week’s routine.

Mary- You look gorgeous Valerie tonight, Jean Marc did great with that piece tonight, Valerie attacked this greatly and you did really well with the lock steps and all of the moves were great.

Jenna- I love you and you dance with such joy, emotion and flawless spirit. You were so good, and really sexy tonight.

RESULT-SAFE!!!!!!- Will be dancing with Twitch next week

CASEY Contemporary Solo-”Outro”

RUDY Contemporary Solo-”Warrior”-Dreha

3.) Casey Askew

All-Star- Comfort Fedoke

Dance- Hip Hop

Choreographer- Pharside and Phoenix

Song- “Xscape”-Michael Jackson

Nigel- I keep saying how much you grow, you are totally unaccustomed to this style and you had swag with that theatrical style. You still have to show that you are getting down with it a little more.

Mary- It is hard not to watch comfort, but when the spider hit the floor you got your jam on and hit everything greatly right after. I loved some of the actions you were able to incorporate.

Jenna- You are amazing and I love your stage presence, you don’t overdo it and it is pretty accurate. You felt funky and were really sharp, who had a number on intimate moments with comfort.

RESULT- IN BOTTOM 2 GUYS…..

JACQUE Ballet Solo- “Nocturne in C Sharp Minor”

4.) Tanisha Belnap

All-Star- Nick Lazzarini

Dance- Jazz

Choreographer- Stacey Tookey

Song- “She’s out of my Life”- Michael Jackson

Nigel- You need to work on showing your vulnerable side as good as tonight really was.

Mary- It was amazing and that was one of slowest MJ songs, Nick holds a special place in my heart and was spectacular tonight, Tanisha you stepped up to the plate tonight and made it look flawlessly.

Jenna- You were so strong and probably have the strongest core of any of the women, you moved fluidly and the end faces could have used more emotion.

RESULT- IN BOTTOM 2 GIRLS….

JESSICA SOLO- Taking Chances-Celine Dion

We get the notification to buy tickets for the SYTYCD Tour.

5.) Rudy Abreu

All-Star- Allison Holker (New DWTS Pro)

Dance- Contemporary

Choreographer- Ray Leeper

Song- “ Dirty Diana”-Michael Jackson

Nigel- Ray Leeper had an inspirational routine that was great, the pirouhettes were moments you lost character. Allison helped you get to another stage tonight. It was magnificent.

Mary-  Michael wrote that about an excessive groupie, she went all in and you went right along with her, and it was great, and you both need to go the hospital for whiplash.

Jenna- Allison you weren’t normal it was great. Ray you were a phenom. The catches after the lift were insane. The landings on the lifts were flawless.

RESULT- IN BOTTOM 2 GUYS…..

VALERIE Tap Solo- “Dance With Me Tonight”-Olly Murs

6.) Zack Everhart Jr.

All-Star- Mackenzie “Season 9 or 10” not sure

Dance- Broadway

Choreographer- Spencer Liff

Song- “The Way you make me Feel”

Nigel- Tap has moments that relate to broadway, and America is reacting really well for tap since they are voting for your great talent.

Mary- MacKenzie it was great, Zack, every week you grow immensely and you do what everyone give you so whole-heartedly, you are so endearing and a real pro.

Jenna- A ton of showmanship is shown when doing broadway and you were smooth and won MacKenzie over. I can’t wait to watch you next week.

RESULT- SAFE!!!!- Will be dancing with Fik-Shun next week.

RICKY Solo- He is dancing to a song I didn’t catch the name but it was contemporary.

7.) Jacque LeWarne

All-Star- “Twitch” Stephen Boss

Dance- Hip-Hop

Choreographer- Dave Scott

Song- “Slave to the Rhythm”-Michael Jackson

Nigel- You use parts of your body I doubt have ever been used before, it is only fair if twitch does ballet next week, you have serious swag after that routine.

Mary- It was mesmerizing, this was a different possibility of hip-hop for you and you conquered it, for a ballerina that was amazing.

Jenna- You did it really well Jacque, the body rolls were fluid, and I was very proud of you it was very good.

RESULT- IN BOTTOM 2 GIRLS….

Michael Jackson exclusive which is a video to his new single, A Place With No Name.

8.) Jessica Richens

All-Star- Will

Dance- Contemporary

Choreographer-Mandy Moore

Song- “Earth Song”-Michael Jackson

Nigel- STANDING OVATION ALL 3 JUDGES- Love this Michael Jackson track, with one of favorite dancers, all stars and choreographers. It was great and You stole our hearts again Jessica like you did with the dance for your life routine.

Mary- The stars have to be in alignment for people to get into the finale and they all aligned tonight, the dancing was great, Jessica you have grown more than anyone else and is extraordinary.

Jenna- That was one of my favorites of the night and I agree that you may be one of the favorites to win this thing after that routine.

RESULT- SAFE!!!!- Will be dancing with Ade next week.

Another one of the Winning Dance Crews- Control Freakz is doing their performance which is definitely a unique popping routine with animation aspects.

This weeks Results are presented to the bottom 4 dancers- Cat asks Tanisha and Rudy to step forward and they are going home based on last weeks votes…. Wow !!! That was not what I expected to be the case. We get a goodbye clip for both of them after they thank their family. What needs to be added is that they were partners from the beginning. We get a recap of the rest of the night’s performances. Casey will be dancing with Makenzie and Jacque will be with Will. Christine Applegate will be next week’s guest judge and Good Night!

Be Sure to Join me next week for the Top 6 performance show here on SYTYCD next Wednesday!!! Thanks to all of our loyal readers who have been with me throughout this entire roller coaster of a season. 

http://tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-02-24/so-you-think-you-can-dance/9601-so-you-think-you-can-dance-recap-for-august-13-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:40 am

A good night, I thought.  Ricky and Jessica are phenomenal dancers.

I was somewhat surprised to see Tanisha go before Jackie.  Rudy was so emotional.  I really expected him to cry and still felt his disappointment.

I really like Valerie's upbeat personality and winning smile - but I was surprised at the praise.  I'm sure I saw two major composure goofs in the first third of her Samba.  Seemed she kind of lost where she was and Ryan righted her.

My old age has shortened my patience, I guess.  I've taped the show and begun watching an hour in.  If something doesn't interest me, I ffwd right through it.  What has happened to me?????

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:53 pm

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE: RECAP FOR AUGUST 20, 2014
Details
Published on Wednesday, 20 August 2014 22:14

RECAP FOR AUGUST 20, 2014

Tonight on So You Think You Can Dance, the top 6 finalists (Jacque LeWarne, Jessica Richens, Valarie Rockey, Ricky Ubeda, Zack Everhart, and Casey Askew) team up with all-star partners to perform and be judged by Mary Murphy, Nigel Lythgoe, and guest judge Christina Applegate! 

We watch the 6 dance first with a fellow contestant and finish their nights with an all-star partner.

Fellow Contestants

The show starts off with Ricky and Valarie back together again dancing to Frank Sinatra’s I’ve Got the World on A String. Valarie is beautiful in a mint green dress next to adorable Ricky with his light blue tie and matching shoes. Their Broadway inspired dance routine is centered around a swing that is incorporated flawlessly.

Nigel Lythgoe calls their number warm and romantic. Christina Applegate remarks on Valarie’s pure elegance and grace who’s spirit shines through in each and every dance routine, and calls Ricky an enigma (in a good way of course). Mary Murphy calls their chemistry breezy, honest, and sweet.

Next up is Jessica and Casey doing a disco number with matching purple outfits. Jessica’s cling dress looks like fire sparking up her body and the energy they give dancing to Donna Summer’s Dim All the Lights matches the energy of their outfits. The routine had outstanding spins and lifts ever few steps.

Christina calls their routine fabulous, energetic and fumbles for words before admitting that they’ve left her speechless. Mary admires Jessica’s legs that look like ‘samurai swords’ during the spins and Casey’s spot on classic disco look. Nigel tells us he’s never seen so many turns in one single routine and calls their dancing tremendous.

The last two dancers to perform together are Jacque and Zack dancing to Tony Bennett’s Anything Goes to the style of an American Foxtrot. Jacque is in a beautiful floor length blue gown while Zack dons a white tux jacket. Their routine is technical and a little forced but ends with an impressive split by Jacque.

Mary calls their dancing snazzy and jazzy but a bit too rough around the edges. Nigel thinks they could use more work. Christina is the most helpful and explains to them that their chemistry and facial expressions didn’t feel genuine. She reminds us all that we may be dancing with our bodies but we dance first with our souls.

All-Star Partners

Valarie performs a hip hop wedding reception dance routine with all-star Twitch to Usher’s Yeah and knocks it out of the park! Somewhere between Twitch ripping off part of her dress and Valarie twerking I fell in love!!!

Nigel called the experience entertaining and fun and reiterated to Valarie that she was born to perform. Christina had one simple word “AMAZING” and Mary says this is a wedding dance to remember calling it “swaggerocious!”

Jacque and all-star Will are up next. A softer dance collaboration with the flawless incorporation of a work out ball unfolds on the stage before our eyes and the chemistry between the two is palpable. 99 Balloons by Sleeping at Last plays while the two move effortlessly with each other and their props.

Christina tells Jacque that it was beautiful, joyous, and made her heart feel warm. Mary appreciates that working with the ball must have been difficult but assures Jacque that she performed with class, grace, and elegance. Nigel admits he has forgotten all about the disastrous foxtrot dance and is impressed by Jacque’s brilliant comeback.

Jessica dances with Aday to Boneless by Steve Aoki in outrageously colorful and fluffy outfits doing equally outrageous dance moves. Neon streamers flow from Jessica’s hair as she spins and twirls on and off the ground. Getting more comfortable with lifts she has spent most of the night up in the air and in the arms of her dance partners.

Mary calls the dance fun and the outfits insane. Nigel didn’t connect with Jessica’s dance moves or facial expressions and Christina focused her attention on the outfits as well saying that she lost her cat last week and now knows where it went (into making Jessica’s fabulously fluffy green boots).

Shakira’s Dare is the perfect song choice for Ricky to break out of his cute shy boy look and jump fiercely into the character of sexy Cuban man that he is. The chemistry between Ricky and Anya is tangible as we watch them glide across the stage in a Latin inspired lovers dance.

Nigel says that unlike the foxtrot he could really feel the conviction behind this dace. Christina admits that she wants to be Anya and although she finds it difficult to take her eyes off of Anya while she dances during this particular dance Ricky held her full attention. Mary told us all what we already knew, Ricky sure did look at home during this dance routine.

Casey and Mackenzie perform to the song Over You by Ingrid Michaelson. They dance with technical and difficult moves to tell an emotional story that leaves the audience and the performers alike, breathless and entranced. Christina calls it wonderful. Mary calls it the best performance Casey has given all season. Of course Nigel loves his dances to tell a story and he notes that this story made sense from beginning to end and was remarkable.

We end the all-star performances with Zack and Fiction as they dance to Sail by Awolnation. This performance is based entirely on the idea of creating shapes with their bodies in a big game of twister and without synchronization the idea of this routine would completely be lost. I was floored as not a single step was missed by either dancer.

Mary confides in Zack that he is the biggest surprise of the season for her and that she loves every second of watching him. Nigel is proud of how far he has come and would be shocked and thrilled to see him move on to the final 4. Christina is also proud of him for taking his dancing to the next level and says he has officially transcended from just a tap dancer to a beautiful dancer and wonderful performer.

Who will move on to the next round? And who do must we now say goodbye to?

It is a shame that any of these dancers have to end their time on So You Think You Can Dance because they have all grown and improved so much but two must leave us tonight.

We must say goodbye to Jacque LaWarne and Casey Askew.

Jessica, Valarie, Ricky and Zack are moving on so be sure to watch next week to see who has what it takes to become America’s Favorite Dancer!

http://tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-02-24/so-you-think-you-can-dance/10038-so-you-think-you-can-dance-recap-for-august-20-2014
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:56 pm

I was worried about Casey this week because of that gawd awful Hip Hop he was given last week.  I thought he outperformed Zack this week but that hip hop from last week had already done him in.  I cast all of my 20 votes for Jessica this week.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Jessica is fantastic.  She certainly has the "it" factor to go with the dancing skills.

A strong storm moved through last night and I missed Ricky's cha-cha.  I caught a glimpse of it during the recap at the end.  Looked good.  I think the boy can dance anything.

I think both deserve to win and I'll be surprised if they're beat out.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:46 am

Again, with the darkness!  They put Catherine in a luminescent white angel dress and Ricky in dark drab clothing on a darkened stage.  I'm glad the judges could see him.  I certainly couldn't.  All I can say with any certainty is that Catherine performed well.  *Sigh*

Anyway.... the two tappers are remarkable.  But Ricky and Jessica remain my top picks.  Ricky first.  Gonna be a tough results show.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:46 pm

I didn't watch last night.  Who is Catherine?  I thought it was down to Jessica and Valerie for the women.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Catherine is one of our all-stars.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Thank you singly, as I said I didn't watch it last night so I had no idea what you were talking about.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:50 am

I know this is a few weeks later and after the fact but I was behind on everything that I've been watching because I was traveling to New York and then was busy so just caught up on some of the things I did see the finale so you think you can dance without having watched several of the prior episodes. this episode I watched live because I was contacted by one of my former students that he was going to be in the dance crew that performed that night. They are called Wanted Ashiqz. they did a Bollywood number. he is from Sri Lanka I was in my fourth grade I basically taught him English. he told me that the show paidy for all their expenses but I wasn't clear on whether or not his crew won. It turned out they did but I somehow missed the announcement. I thought they mentioned four crews who had done very well and my students crew were just the final crew to perform. Apparently they were the winners and that's why they were the ones performing that night.

as far as my thoughts on the outcome of the show from night one I saw that Ricky was a superb dancer. Valerie and Jack were also very good but I didn't expect them to go all the way. they transitioned beautifully to learning all the other styles which is completely different from tap. as far as Jessica , it seems that every week she got a new partner and every week she would shine, so I could easily see her in the finale. well ladies on to the next show Dancing with the Stars begins next week.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:08 am

I missed your commentary, vic.  ladymustang was also MIA for the season.

You were in the audience at some point?!  How exciting!

Ricky was my pick of the males from the beginning, and I loved Valerie.  However, I thought Jessica was the better female dancer.

There was a lot to like this season.  I completely agree that it was amazing to see the transition from tap, not only with Valerie but with Zack, as well.

I find I'm much more in tune with this show than DWTS.  No so-called celebrities with fans voting for people who can't dance.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:53 am

Can you believe I forgot about this board while SYTYCD was on?  Talk about a major brain fart!    I know Ricky was a fabulous dancer, and I really liked him, but I was secretly hoping for a Zach win.  To me Ricky started out great and stayed that way.  Zach showed so much improvement, not only in his dancing but in his performance and in his personality.  He really won me over.  Valerie was another one I adored, and I was happy she made it to the end.  I was never a fan of Jessica - I didn't think she did that well outside of her own style.  I would have picked Tanisha as the best female dancer, but clearly that opinion was not shared by most.  Smile 

Has anyone heard if there will be a next season for this show?

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:35 pm

I liked Tanisha, too, and was surprised she went so early.  I sorely missed your comments this season and wishing I had your email to see what was up.  Look in the pm's for my email address.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top