DWTS General Chit Chat

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS General Chit Chat - Page 15 Empty Re: DWTS General Chit Chat

Post by therealdfshary Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:04 pm

We are having a blizzard here today. I'm getting out of here next week into warmer weather for a few months.  Hooray!  Very Happy
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:24 am

Happy that I finished shoveling 8 inches of snow before the sub-zero
temps predicted for tomorrow turn everything into ice.  What a brutal winter
we're having!  Praying that the heat and power stay on. 
Enjoy the warmer weather, shary.  Lucky you!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:27 am

It's been bitterly cold for a while now and I'm sick of it already. Hopefully the forecast for more normal temps next week will hold.  Hissy fit
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:10 pm

Not dancing but too cute. Princess Charlotte started nursery school and her Mom took some pictures. 

DWTS General Chit Chat - Page 15 Img_0725
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 am

Cute, cute, cute! Smile
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:21 am

She's so adorable.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:05 am

She is so cute ... love her red shoes.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:19 pm

They sure make cute children
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 am

For the last few days I have been seeing Meryl Davis mentioned as a possible contestant on the athletic version of DWTS coming in April. Some are speculating that the show will feature athletes from previous seasons. Maybe Hinch will be one of them!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

I wish that they were having a regular 10 week season.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:32 am

I must say I am not a fan of this "short sport" season.If they are just going to bring back past winners,why not just have a show with our own pros and let them do some dances.

They can't start out with novice dancers and have a seasoned "winner" in four weeks and why bring back an ice dancer that can already dance to "learn" to dance in four weeks  ..... it's a farce.They should just bring the DWTS summer tour on and have a four week season of specials.They could still have past winners on as guests.

I'd watch that  .... Smile
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:10 pm

What bothers me more than how they do it is actually why they do it. Should the answer be that casting is getting more and more difficult, it might be due to the bad treatment of people like Vanessa on anti-social media. But then, wouldn't this affect the fall season too?

Whatever the reasons are, the two season schedule was well established and breaking it is risky business. I assume many fans will be disappointed.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:16 pm

I definitely agree the show is getting more difficult to cast because they are running out of real celebrities to get on the show.  That's why I was thinking maybe they should have only one season so they can get better people on the show, though I'm sure some people wouldn't be happy with that.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:07 am

Well one proper season would be better than trying this made up version.I think that the fact that the "winner" is pretty much known from the onset and sometimes before step one is made,does put people off of the show some.TPTB are "producing" the show too much and are too obvious and that doesn't help.

It would usually take me a few weeks to guess the winner but now it is pretty obvious before one foot is even put on the dance floor.I mean really why watch the show if they are making it so obvious who will come out the "winner".
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:30 am

This obvious-winner-phenomenon has occurred in earlier seasons as well. In fact I think it was way worse in the days of Conrad Green.
This season we've had two front-runners. For me, none of them was favored by the producers. What separated them from the pack was their talent and their pros. They battled it out, and it was fine. Plus we had Drew and Frankie in the final four, which I guess wasn't necessarily on TPTB's agenda.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:16 am

I think some of the winners are obvious and some are not.  Meryl was definitely obvious.  Between Kellie Pickler and Zendaya, was Kelly the obvious one?  What about Donald Driver and Katherine Jenkins?  I was sure Katherine would win.  I was thinking in another season, Jordan Fisher might not have won.  Look what happened to Corbin Bleu?  But maybe they liked Amber's personality more.  There must have been times when we thought someone would win for sure, when they didn't and vice versa.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:07 pm

The seasons you mentioned are those I also had in mind. Some more examples which also prove that it can go either way: both Bindi and Laurie were deserving champions, but in both cases there was too much hype and drama going on. Rashad on the other hand did not have winner written on his forehead, and Emma definitely had much less wind beneath her wings from the producers than Maks with Meryl, Derek with Bindi, or Val with Laurie. Rashad wasn't even the judges' pick, that was Normani, and even in his sport he was far from the star-status of Emmitt, Jerry, or Hines.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:09 am

I admit I have not watched the show from the very start so I should not say the winner was/is obvious each season.I have still been able to pick the winner on the seasons I watched.

I really think if they didn't "produce" so much it would be just as interesting and fun on the show.I think sometimes they push certain pro's and celebs through the season because they are preparing for the summer tour too  .... jmhp of course.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:43 pm

I don't think any of the winners are "obvious".  

It seems like every season there are one or two people who end up in or near the finals that nobody predicted would get that far.  

It seems like every season there are great dancers who, for one reason or another, just failed to win the hearts of the audience.  

Then there are the great dancers who the judges keep sabotaging to keep up the drama.  

And aside from the stars, there is the matter of audiences deciding that it is a particular pro's "turn" to get rewarded for their hard work.  

So, although it sometimes, in hindsight,  looks like the winner was "obvious", I think we might be fooling ourselves.  I think it is only in the very last weeks of the show that I have a good chance of guessing who the winner will be. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:04 pm

I agree with most of what you say, but even though I have a few favorite pros, I don't even figure them into what celebrity I want to win.  If the wonderful Peta is with someone I don't favor, I won't root for Peta anyway.  The pros will usually be on the next season, so I don't even consider them.  It's too limiting.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:30 am

Glittersisgld wrote:I agree with most of what you say, but even though I have a few favorite pros, I don't even figure them into what celebrity I want to win.  If the wonderful Peta is with someone I don't favor, I won't root for Peta anyway.  The pros will usually be on the next season, so I don't even consider them.  It's too limiting.

I couldn't say the same about the pros.  I'm certain that my feelings for the pros color my feelings toward their celebrities and thus must be considered to be a factor in determining who I vote for.   If a celebrity is with a pro that I really do not like, he or she would have to be many times better --and many times more personable -- than others to get my vote.  That might be unfair, but I'm voting for a couple, after all, not an individual.  

On the other hand, I would not vote for a celebrity who I did not like just to show support to a pro that I DO like.  But I haven't run into that problem yet.  
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:16 pm

I love Maks and Val and usually vote for them. Luckily they usually have good dancers.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Psychee22 wrote:I couldn't say the same about the pros.  I'm certain that my feelings for the pros color my feelings toward their celebrities and thus must be considered to be a factor in determining who I vote for.   If a celebrity is with a pro that I really do not like, he or she would have to be many times better --and many times more personable -- than others to get my vote.  That might be unfair, but I'm voting for a couple, after all, not an individual.  

On the other hand, I would not vote for a celebrity who I did not like just to show support to a pro that I DO like.  But I haven't run into that problem yet.  
When a season kicks off, most of the celebrities are blank pages to us- at least as far as their dancing skills are concerned. All we know is what we usually can expect from the pros (who have worked miracles more than once). The regulars have proven they can work with different characters and get them far. However, sometimes we find out during the course of events that our high expectations won't be fulfilled. For you I think that happened with Marilu and Derek, for me it was Bonner and Sharna. The good thing is there's almost always someone else on the cast to root for.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:48 pm

Well, well. Guess who will be on Celebrity Big Brother, starting very soon?
James David Maslow (born July 16, 1990) is an American actor, and singer, known for playing the role of James Diamond on Nickelodeon’s Big Time Rush and was a member of the boy band with the same name. He also starred as Kevin Mohr on the Sony Crackle original series Sequestered.
In 2014, Maslow competed as a contestant on the eighteenth season of Dancing with the Stars, in which he reached fourth place.
I intended to watch anyway but now - for sure!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:36 am

I never watched Big Brother before but I will now, sis.  Can't miss anything
with the Divine Mister M in it! Love
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down