Season 3: In For A Wild (Sexier) Ride

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 3: In For A Wild (Sexier) Ride - Page 5 Empty Re: Season 3: In For A Wild (Sexier) Ride

Post by miecies Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:58 am

singlyme wrote:I think the narrowed to two is a misdirect. Inspite of all season 2's problems, Emily & Aiden as a team was not one of them no matter what you "hear" from around the web (which is such a small subset of the viewing audience).

I'm not sure what you mean, here. Are you saying that the "narrowed to two" doesn't include Aiden as a love interest? That it's between Daniel and Jack? I thought I read a flat-out statement that it was between Aiden and Jack. I could be wrong - often am. LOL. Daniel's just too weak a personality for Em to love. Perhaps in the beginning, but s2 killed any hope of redemption.
I basically think it's already been determined by this new regime who's the guy for Emily. Instead of just flat out saying so, as to not lose that portion of the audience that's rooting for the odd man out, they say she loves them both for different reasons. They hint at a triangle but not actually give us one. Write a story that shows the unlikeliness of one side of the triangle (J&E) while building on the foundation of the other leg of the triange (E&A).

Narrowed to two but really only one and that one is Aiden.

Last edited by miecies on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

miecies

Back to top Go down

Season 3: In For A Wild (Sexier) Ride - Page 5 Empty Re: Season 3: In For A Wild (Sexier) Ride

Post by miecies Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:30 am

singlyme wrote:It's easy for me to do Monday Morning Quarterbacking, but they should have just left Amanda alive last season. It would have been a happy ending for both Jack and Amanda and put this "Jack dilemma" to bed. I'd love to see them find her alive, fresh out of amnesia - on a fishing boat that's been out to sea and docked in Canada. (like Jason Bourne, but with suddenly-recovered memory.)

It would be cool, too, if she only remembered her life with Jack. NOTHING about her craziness, juvie time or her real identiy as Emily. She and Jack, along with baby Carl, could sail off for a delayed honeymoon and decide not to return.

I love Mandy and miss her like crazy Sad  but I only wanted her alive for the reveal. Jack shouldn't end up with either of the women who deceived him on such a fundamental level. They manipulated this man's vulnerabilites. Mandy more so than Emily, but Emily wasn't powerless to stop it yet she didn't. The foundation of a relationship with either would be shaky and unstable because Jack would always be wondering if they're being honest. Well, if I was Jack I would always be wondering.

If Emily & Jack end up together can you just picture the conversation when Carl ask them for the first time, while looking at picture of Mandy, "Daddy was it love at first sight when you met mommy?" Shocked 

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:20 am

We're getting closer.

6 Things to Know About Season 3 Revenge

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:16 pm

miecies wrote:We're getting closer.

6 Things to Know About Season 3 Revenge
I know, and I can't wait!Smile 

I finally saw a preview last night during DWTS.  I noticed they have an adult viewing advisory on it this season.  I remember there were some comments on the other board about how there should be more skin shown.  Guess they decided to go for it.  Of course, it could be an advisory for content, too, especially if something happens between Patrick and Victoria.

It's interesting that there is no board on the other site now.  I thought we gave them a lot of good input.  Remember how Ashley said that they changed the storyline for her to have the affair with Conrad since all of the viewers thought it was going on?
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:42 pm

There's a great-looking poster out on the Entertainment Weekly site that shows Emily in her wedding dress with blood dripping down her arm.Popcorn
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:29 pm

BlueMoon wrote:
It's interesting that there is no board on the other site now.  I thought we gave them a lot of good input.  Remember how Ashley said that they changed the storyline for her to have the affair with Conrad since all of the viewers thought it was going on?
That is strange considering that the show appears to be coming back in good, water-cooler form. You would think they would want an official place to see what people are saying about it. Unless they're going to just rely on twitter and facebook.

I have a problem w/the showrunner acquiecsing to viewer perception when it came to Ashley/Conrad. Viewers don't know the big picture or the long range story layout. Plus viewers have biases and agendas and most are not objective. For example viewers were hypocritical when it came to Ashley sleeping w/a father and son. She was called some heinous names but when Emily started spreading it for two guys she was badass. Even Aiden got blasted by viewers for having the nerves to say how disgusted he was with Emily's actions. From my vantage point it was. Girlfriend is basically prostituting herself for revenge.

Last edited by miecies on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:14 am; edited 2 times in total

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:04 am

Thanks for the link, mieces.  V-e-r-y interesting. 

I think the old board is toast because we had so few posters.  For newbies, the format was intimidating and we had hit and miss posts.  New threads on the same topic and one-time posters for whom the posts didn't warrant a response.  Not a friendly place.  For the few who were nitty-gritty, I would imagine it wasn't worth the expense of maintaining the site.  Though I believe they'd have had more people with the newer style board.

And I must say, I'm GLAD they acquiesced to viewers.  Another season of AI and I would've been forced to dump the show.  I don't understand your reference to the Ashley/Conrad setup and TPTB surrendering to viewer perception.  Didn't the relationship simply end as it should have?

People always judge a show by their own personal morals.  I believe a lot of that judgment comes from how well they "like" a character to begin with.  Ashley has played a conniving money-grubber while Em is the heroine.  But I'll agree that sleeping with Daniel while in bed with Aiden was gross.

And there you go again, talking about the big picture and long-range story layout - makes me wonder if you know more than you're telling us.  LOL

That link was very titillating.  Nolan?  Reveng-y in his own genius mind?   This could be good to watch.  But I'm afraid the way the Vic/Patrick scenario is being described, I may find a new meaning for gross.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:33 am

singlyme wrote:And I must say, I'm GLAD they acquiesced to viewers.  Another season of AI and I would've been forced to dump the show.  I don't understand your reference to the Ashley/Conrad setup and TPTB surrendering to viewer perception.  Didn't the relationship simply end as it should have?
First let me say I like Emily. She is my favorite character. But I try to be an objective viewer and don't make excuses for my favorite's bad behaviour just because they're my favorite. I also like Ashley and all her social-climbing ways.

Mike Kelley and the writers never intended for Ashley to sleep w/Conrad. Daniel was her lynchpin into high-society. It was only after a scene where Conrad mentioned whether Ashley could be trusted that some of the viewing audience started screaming she's sleeping w/Conrad. MK, Ashley Madewke and the writers were baffled why people were assuming the trust comment alluded to an affair. Personally I thought it could have meant numerous of things because it had already been discovered by Victoria that Ashley was the one that leaked info about Daniel's trial last year. Daniel never found out. Ashley (the actress) went to MK and the writers and said the audience (social media contingent) will not let this go so you might as well write it. That is crazy to me. Audience perceptions are so vastly different that to change a character's trajectory based on that is dangerous. 

AI was the plot which the entire s2 revolved. It affected the ratings, the bottom line, the dollars and cents. At that point the studio got involved and issued a mandate to save the show. The show needed to listen to the audience in this situation or there wouldn't be an audience.

Ashley not sleeping w/Conrad would not have been a threat to the ratings of the show. On the other hand continuation of the AI plot would have been. No one was screaming they would drop the show if Ashley didn't have an affair w/Conrad.

Last edited by miecies on Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:54 am; edited 3 times in total

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:09 am

miecies wrote:
Mike Kelley and the writers never intended for Ashley to sleep w/Conrad. Daniel was her lynchpin into high-society. It was only after a scene where Conrad mentioned whether Ashley could be trusted that some of the viewing audience started screaming she's sleeping w/Conrad. MK, Ashley Madewke and the writers were baffled why people were assuming the trust comment alluded to an affair.Ashley (the actress) went to MK and the writers and said the audience (social media contingent) will not let this go so you might as well write it.
AI was the plot which the entire s2 revolved. It affected the ratings, the bottom line, the dollars and cents. At that point the studio got involved and issued a mandate to save the show. The show needed to listen to the audience in this situation or there wouldn't be an audience.

Ashley not sleeping w/Conrad would not have been a threat to the ratings of the show. On the other hand continuation of the AI plot would have been.
Again, I ask:  How do you know this stuff?  I keep getting the feeling you're closer to the inner workings of the show than the rest of us.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:25 am

singlyme wrote:
Again, I ask: How do you know this stuff? I keep getting the feeling you're closer to the inner workings of the show than the rest of us.
See the new thread - Revenge BTS: Let's Pull Back the Curtain

Last edited by miecies on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:36 pm

I agree with you on this, Miecies, that Emily is basically "prostituting" herself.  If Emily was a real person and I was her friend, I'd have to talk to her about what she's doing.  Life is short, and she's wasting her youth getting revenge.  Plus, this season, more and more of the characters will be having intimate relationships.  It's actually becoming kind of incestuous.  Ugh!  Yuck    

Moreover, Emily is liable to get herself killed one of these days, or badly injured. Scared  I would like to always see Emily looking as hot as she does in that dress she is wearing in the link you sent us with the cast pictures.

I also agree with you reference the views of the fans that they really don't have the "big picture."  Fans are fickle, and if the writers were to change the storyline every time a viewer made a comment about it, the story wouldn't go anywhere.  It is good, though, that the writers have a way to monitor the show's ratings.  Social media has changed everything to "immediate."
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:32 am

BlueMoon wrote:
I also agree with you reference the views of the fans that they really don't have the "big picture."  Fans are fickle, and if the writers were to change the storyline every time a viewer made a comment about it, the story wouldn't go anywhere.  It is good, though, that the writers have a way to monitor the show's ratings.  Social media has changed everything to "immediate."
You're right that fans are fickle, blue.  I've dumped a number of shows because I grew impatient with the story line.  Covert Affairs is one of them.  It had been a favorite until this current season.  I think this is why TPTB DO listen to fans.  If Revenge had continued this season in the same direction as last, it would have joined others in having fans bail.  AI was NOT a theme that had made people fans to begin with.  The took us from ill-used girl to a spy show, from Superwoman to a girl who was beaten at every game.  It's not suprising that fans reacted to it.

You're also right about the social media.  If not for this resource, Revenge might have hit the bottom of the bucket and been canceled instead of revamped.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top