General Chit Chat Season 23

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat Season 23 - Page 3 Empty Re: General Chit Chat Season 23

Post by Lesallee Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Good point about FB voting, Psychee. I think I will go for the VPN, it isn't that expensive and the VPN I am leaning toward has servers all over the world allowing lots of viewing options. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:22 am

Really loving all the teams and all the dances !!  ..... what a wonderful season on DWTS this is going to be.Can hardly wait to see what is coming ....  Flower
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:28 am

Lesallee wrote:Good point about FB voting, Psychee. I think I will go for the VPN, it isn't that expensive and the VPN I am leaning toward has servers all over the world allowing lots of viewing options. 

You might check out the new version of the Opera browser.  I just got a note that it now includes a free VPN.  Don't know what it can do and not do, though.  Just seems worth checking out.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:34 am

Oakma wrote:Really loving all the teams and all the dances !!  ..... what a wonderful season on DWTS this is going to be.Can hardly wait to see what is coming ....  Flower

There isn't an annoying one in the bunch.  Even the bottom five in dancing ability are still enjoyable to watch.  Two or three weeks from now the eliminations are going to hurt.  Six weeks from now they are really going to hurt.  And the rest of the field -- all the better dancers -- are all finals contenders, I think.  Much less predictable than in past seasons, I think.   SO much will depend on the audience rather than the judges.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Psychee22 wrote: 

There isn't an annoying one in the bunch.  Even the bottom five in dancing ability are still enjoyable to watch.  Two or three weeks from now the eliminations are going to hurt.  Six weeks from now they are really going to hurt.  And the rest of the field -- all the better dancers -- are all finals contenders, I think.  Much less predictable than in past seasons, I think.   SO much will depend on the audience rather than the judges.
Congrats- I think you just delivered the exact definition of a great season. I think it's time for a shout out to Deena Katz for yet another great cast.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonbat Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:37 pm

So what's the deal with a results show on Tuesday?  Is this going to be the normal again now?  (I never did like the 'same night eliminations' )  However, they could take this down from two hours to about 15 minutes... Confused
Moonbat
Moonbat

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:48 pm

I think I read they are going to do 2 nights only 2 times this season.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Great to see you Gavin!!

The beard looks good Keo!!!   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:11 pm

They didn't say the bottom 2 in scores and votes, wonder who the other one was.  Immunity already?!? hmm wonder who that will be.....

Too bad Jake didn't have protesters run out on the stage.  Still say hmmm about that whole thing.   They made such a whoopdi do out of 3 favs coming back .....can't have them go home first even if one was not that good.

Okay now here is the reality.......Jake wasn't that good and come on James...you didn't know you had a following......seriously you have Canada and duh...USA does follow Indy!!    Doubt Jake had much of a following.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:42 pm

IMO Rick Perry was the worst & should have gone!! Sad I was watching the show with my granddaughter & she told me how many years he has been on tv & I am surprised that he doesn't have a large young following.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 pm

therealdfshary wrote:IMO Rick Perry was the worst & should have gone!!   Sad  I was watching the show with my granddaughter & she told me how many years he has been on tv & I am surprised that he doesn't have a large young following.

When it wasn't Rick I figured it would be Jake.........then like they said he has Emma and I think that might have made a difference also.    I hope they give Jenna another chance, I mean look at Peta , she went home her firs,t her first time out then got Donald and won!  How fun watching with your granddaughter!! Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:15 am

I thought Rick should have gone home too, but he has a good personality.  Maybe that was part of it.  That's how Bill Engvall stayed on, but he probably won't get as far. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:23 am

The protesters had a history connected to Ryan or the Olympics.  They blamed him for something.  I forget the details but I don't think it was any publicity stunt.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:27 am

As I have said before, Rick is from Texas, and Texans support their people.  He is also advertising to the Vets that he is dancing for them.

Bill Engvall was from Texas, too.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:35 am

Next week is going to be bizarre!  Because of election debates, ABC can only give the show one hour for Monday.  And during that hour, 12 couples have to dance.  So, to fit them all in, the couples are going to dance two at a time to the same music, which I hate because you can't really see more than one at a time.

And somehow they are also going to build in some kind of immunity thing, which is guaranteed to get folks wondering about manipulation, and I hate that.

Sounds like a train wreck, but the show has a habit of making train-wreck ideas entertaining, so who knows?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:37 am

I don't know why they didn't stretch the dancing over 2 nights since they are going to have another Tuesday show anyway.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:54 am

They needed people to vote on Monday so there would be an elimination on Tuesday?

Or maybe they will extend the dancing to the next day, have no elimination and then have a double elimination the week after.

I suppose they will tell us on Thursday or so...
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:55 am

I hope they extend the dancing, because an hour isn't enough.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:59 am

And eliminating a couple based only on something so convoluted as a paired dance seems unfair and likely to upset the viewers.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:31 am

So far I'm really liking the stars this season, especially the men.  James and Calvin are totally charming and have great potential.  I was impressed with Babyface's AT with Allison last night and will be watching him too.  Vanilla Ice is fun to watch and looks like he plans to enjoy his journey on the show.  I agree with Psychee that eliminations are going to be rough.

Enjoyed tonight's result show although two hours was too long. It should have been at least 90 minutes.  I liked seeing the behind the scenes clips.  Terra and Sasha's pranking was cute, and the brightly colored Mandy Moore pro dance looked so cool and fun.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:07 pm

Some of us have been talking about Amber over on the Amber/Maks support thread and I wanted to move the discussion here.

Many are applauding Amber for advocating the empowerment of women. If that is what she is actually accomplishing, great. But I personally cannot equate sleaze and trashiness with female empowerment. Kym Kardashian claims to be empowering women with her unending series of nude selfies. Hah! That's ridiculous and to me, what Amber does is just as ridiculous. I see Amber and all the Kardashians as self promotors primarily and let's face it, trash and sleaze are very marketable. 

I am sorry that Maks is paired with a woman I have zero regard for as I love our Maks but it is what it is. 

As far as Maks' personal morals go, Glitters, of course I can't be definitive but I think he is an upstanding man. He is very family oriented and was raised by parents who seemingly did a wonderful job with their two boys. I am sure Mama and Papa Chmerkovskiy instilled moral and ethical values in their sons. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:46 pm

What I meant by my Maks remark is that we don't always know what people will end up doing.  How do we know that one day Maks won't have an affair with someone?  He is still young.  How do we know what he might eventually do?  I'm sure in his younger days, he may have been wilder.  I don't know.  Sometimes people do crazy things in their younger days.  People can be married to someone for a long time and they don't know who they are married to.  I don't know what Amber did and what you're referring to.  Who knows what her upbringing was, etc.  I know there are moral and immoral people, but sometimes people may veer into immoral.  Look what happened to Hugh Grant.  People aren't saints all the time.  I think you know what I'm trying to say.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:53 pm

For what it is worth, and it may be worth nothing, Amber is saying that she is trying to do something at DWTS that will make her daughter proud of her. 

Is that different from Snookie?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:22 pm

Lesalle,You have said everything I came on  to say and said it so much better than I could!  I love Maks and was sorry he was paired with her!  We will see how it works out!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:39 pm

The point is that we don't know what anyone is capable of doing in their lifetime.  Some people will fall from grace.  I like Maks but I'm sure he isn't perfect.  Does he need to be?  We don't even know him.  He does have to project a certain image for the show and the public. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top