2016 Summer Olympics

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2016 Summer Olympics - Page 4 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Olympics

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:26 am

SLA44 wrote:
Yes they have - I think it is up to 5 now - it's costing him millions of dollars.  Ralph Lauren was another that cancelled his contract and I can't remember who the other three are but I think that Speedo alone was like a $16 million dollar contract he lost and he'll never re-coop all that his actions have cost him this time.  I hope he learns he is not that important as he seemed to think he was and uses his brain in the future before he pulls a stupid stunt like he did in Rio.

I was reading the Speedo contract was a 10-year deal, starting in 2006, so it was just about to expire, and Speedo is going to donate the remaining $50K to charity....So maybe dumbass got most of his money outta Speedo.

"...

“Speedo USA today announces the decision to end its sponsorship of Ryan Lochte,” read the statement. “As part of this decision, Speedo USA will donate a $50,000 portion of Lochte’s fee to Save the Children, a global charity partner of Speedo USA’s parent company, for children in Brazil.
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

2016 Summer Olympics - Page 4 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Olympics

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:58 am

bluechipdud wrote:FHM your analysis of Bolt only needing 41 steps to run the 100m versus 45 for others who are shorter I think can be used for swimming as well.It wasn't that many years ago when the average female gymnast was 5'3.Now most are under 5'0 and some 4'8, so physics is playing a big role in determining the best size an athlete should be for a given competition.

Yeah good point Dude; Phelps is very tall and so is Ledecky and Simone is 4'8" - even Tennis is starting to define taller players having an advantage.
What is going to be a very interesting topic for the future is how the IOC handles the gender definition issue.  Did you see the woman's 800m event and the controversy surrounding Caster Semenya.  I feel bad for her - she was born with the condition of 'Hermaphroditisim (sp?)....  She has 3x the testosterone levels as a normal female, and actually has testicles.   They said about 1/2 of the women's 800 field had exceptionally high levels.  Caster was prohibited for competing for a couple years and she even tried taking hormone therapy to reduce her testosterone levels.  Then the IOC dropped their rules and allowed Caster to compete this year.
 THis is not a Bruce_Caitlyn Jenner situation, Caster's condition is no fault of her own, but it will test the IOC in how they define gender rules. For example, should a transgender Male-to-Female be allowed to compete in boxing ??

2016 Summer Olympics - Page 4 1zd204j

Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top