Fifth Week Elimination -- SPOILER

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fifth Week Elimination -- SPOILER - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth Week Elimination -- SPOILER

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:03 pm

Hahaha! Of course, Victorian. And no apology necessary, although I appreciate the explanation, which undoes my confusion.

I came here hoping to find out what had happened because I hadn't watched the show Monday night and did not intend to watch it Tuesday night, but did want to find out the results. I was hoping to find the results here and not have to go hunting down a news story.

Ah, well. We all know, now.

Back to top Go down

Fifth Week Elimination -- SPOILER - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth Week Elimination -- SPOILER

Post by victorian3 Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Widder Woman wrote:Hahaha! Of course, Victorian. And no apology necessary, although I appreciate the explanation, which undoes my confusion.

I came here hoping to find out what had happened because I hadn't watched the show Monday night and did not intend to watch it Tuesday night, but did want to find out the results. I was hoping to find the results here and not have to go hunting down a news story.

Ah, well. We all know, now.
Okay WW. Glad we are srtill friends:) next time I will post a spoiler so that you will know. or just plain flat out ask it in a post and I'll see it and reply. Sometimes I am way behind as I pause the show to do something else and then watch it later. I can only pause it for just so long. if I also DVR it (basically that's like taping) then I can keep it frozen on the screen for as long as I want and then return to that point. technology is amazing but so darn complicated[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Technology IS amazing, but I keep trying to get off the rapidly rushing techno train. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Widder Woman wrote:Technology IS amazing, but I keep trying to get off the rapidly rushing techno train. Wink

Strictly OT -- I only get on the techno train when it is absolutely necessary. I still "tape" shows on my VCR. Technology is stunting conversation, personal interaction, and a lot of other good traits. I believe we are slowly losing our "humanity."

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:08 pm

newto the boards wrote:
Widder Woman wrote:Technology IS amazing, but I keep trying to get off the rapidly rushing techno train. Wink

Strictly OT -- I only get on the techno train when it is absolutely necessary. I still "tape" shows on my VCR. Technology is stunting conversation, personal interaction, and a lot of other good traits. I believe we are slowly losing our "humanity."
ITA, so very very true. People don't even call anymore. Just a quick text and that's it. Texts and email are so one sided. I always prefer a conversation. Also, our language is being butchered. Children can't spell. people are spending hours on a computer with no interpersonal interactions. Isolated. Alone. And HAPPY to be that way!!!
PS Still have a VCR also but it is harder to use with new Tvs and even more difficult to play back. Soon it will be impossible.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:40 am

Here's some info on how much they get paid:

"Even if Zendaya Coleman had been eliminated first on Dancing With the Stars Season 16, she still would’ve picked up $125,000. Same with the other contestants of the spring 2013 season. How do we know? This is what happens when minors compete on DWTS — their contracts become public record, just like 17-year-old Shawn Johnson’s Season 8 contract was released, giving us a hint as to how much the stars make.

a breakdown of what happens after that initial $125K:
Weeks 3 & 4: $10,000 per week ($20k total)
Weeks 5 & 6: $20,000 per week ($40k total)
Weeks 7 & 8: $30,000 per week ($60k total)
Weeks 9 & 10: $50,000 per week ($100k total)
Grand total for all 10 weeks: $345,000"
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 am

grace8136 wrote:Here's some info on how much they get paid:

"Even if Zendaya Coleman had been eliminated first on Dancing With the Stars Season 16, she still would’ve picked up $125,000. Same with the other contestants of the spring 2013 season. How do we know? This is what happens when minors compete on DWTS — their contracts become public record, just like 17-year-old Shawn Johnson’s Season 8 contract was released, giving us a hint as to how much the stars make.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] This is a very nice paycheck for everyone involved, especially the winner and finalists!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:13 am

Finally got a chance to watch the results show. I'm taking a class that meets every other Tuesday night and ends at 9 p.m. Then there's always the usual chitchat after class and the drive home.

Anyway, I did not care for that opening number. It looked like it might have been good, but it was so darn dark that most of the time I not only couldn't tell who was dancing, I just plain couldn't see the dancers. So all the special effects were lost on me. Also didn't like all the contemporary numbers, although I definitely enjoyed seeing Tristan again.

Andy Dick was funny with the team names; Sean not so much but I can't really dislike anything that gets Tristan back on my screen. Smile The dancing on the piano could have been skipped, and the lotus chick definitely should have been re-thought. That was a total waste of time - would rather have seen more backstage and behind-the-scenes stuff.

So glad DL went home finally. He had a bad atittude most of the time, wasn't terribly funny most of the time, danced badly most of the time, and just never really struck me as wanting to be there. And I was very pleased that they didn't make Andy stand under that red light again, although I loved his comment that they were getting "comfortable" there. He has a good attitude, and I'm glad he'll get another week.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:35 pm

LadyMustang, you note that parts of the show were "a total waste of time." What we need to remember is they have a lot of time they need to waste. They have results to show us, which could be done in five to ten minutes and even toss in a couple of commercials. Then they have the rest of the hour to fill.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:30 pm

SLA44 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:Here's some info on how much they get paid:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] This is a very nice paycheck for everyone involved, especially the winner and finalists!

Ok I can not speak for others but for that I could shake my hips for that :

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Widder Woman wrote:LadyMustang, you note that parts of the show were "a total waste of time." What we need to remember is they have a lot of time they need to waste. They have results to show us, which could be done in five to ten minutes and even toss in a couple of commercials. Then they have the rest of the hour to fill.

Point taken! However, given that they are determined to do the results show in an hour instead of a half hour, if they have to waste time, there are much better ways to do it. I, for one, would be quite happy to watch 45 minutes of the pros dancing instead of the parade of singers. Smile Or to see a lot more of the behind-the-scenes action, which can be quite entertaining. Selena Gomez, on the other hand, . . . .

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:27 pm

I'm with you, LadyMustang. I'd love to see 45 minutes of the pros dancing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Me, too, in which case I might actually watch the results show in its entirety instead of just the last ten minutes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:05 am

Gotta love that ffwd button.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:03 pm

singlyme wrote:Gotta love that ffwd button.
Definitely love it. Too bad that it doesn't work with On Demand. Then you are stuck watching commercials--just different kinds of commercials than the ones on regular tv.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:22 pm

It has to be something I really want to watch for me to watch commercials. I would prefer to record then watch. I even recorded FRS cause I was going to getting home late. Glad I did cause I did cry. First one that I cried over. :crying:

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:26 pm

I wish our TV stations were like England where you buy a tv license and no commercials. That was so great.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:21 pm

gin1972 wrote:It has to be something I really want to watch for me to watch commercials. I would prefer to record then watch. I even recorded FRS cause I was going to getting home late. Glad I did cause I did cry. First one that I cried over. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gin what is FRS?
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:17 pm

SLA44 wrote:
gin1972 wrote:It has to be something I really want to watch for me to watch commercials. I would prefer to record then watch. I even recorded FRS cause I was going to getting home late. Glad I did cause I did cry. First one that I cried over. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gin what is FRS?

Final Rose

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top