Season 21 - Week 7 - Team Dances - Halloween Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 21 - Week 7 - Team Dances - Halloween Week Empty Season 21 - Week 7 - Team Dances - Halloween Week

Post by SLA44 Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Here are the teams taken from pureDWTS:

PureDWTS Season 21, Week 7 – And the Teams Are…**SPOILERS** and POLL

Team Bindi (Song: “Theme from Ghostbusters” by Ray Parker Jr.):
Bindi & Derek
Alexa & Mark
Carlos & Witney
Alek & Lindsay

Team Nick:
Nick & Sharna
Tamar & Val
Andy & Allison
Hayes & Emma

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EvidentlyTeam Nick has not released the name of the song they will be dancing to yet.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 21 - Week 7 - Team Dances - Halloween Week Empty Re: Season 21 - Week 7 - Team Dances - Halloween Week

Post by SLA44 Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:12 pm

I just saw in another thread the song for Team Nick is:

"This is Halloween" from "The Nightmare before Christmas"
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 21 - Week 7 - Team Dances - Halloween Week Empty Re: Season 21 - Week 7 - Team Dances - Halloween Week

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:12 pm

I usually like Halloween week.  They do some fun stuff.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Here is a list of the dances for the individual dances Monday night from pureDWTS:

PureDWTS Season 21, Week 7 – Who’s Dancing What…and When?

Hayes and Emma – Waltz (Song: “Once Upon a Dream” by Lana Del Rey)
1-855-234-5608

Andy and Allison – Paso Doble (Song: “The Beautiful People” by Marilyn Manson)
1-855-234-5603

Alexa and Mark – Paso Doble (Song: “Hora Zero” by Rodrigo y Garbriela)
1-855-234-5602

Bindi and Derek –  See PureDerekHough  (Argentine Tango - (Song:  “Cry Little Sister” by Gerard McMann) from another thread)
1-855-234-5604

Carlos and Witney – Paso Doble (Song: “O Fortuna (Carmina Burana)” by Carl Orff)
1-855-234-5605

Nick and Sharna – Argentine Tango (Song: “Bring Me to Life” by Evanescence) 
1-855-234-5610

Alek and Lindsay – Viennese Waltz (Song: “Haunted” by Beyonce)
1-855-234-5601

Tamar and Val – Foxtrot (Song: “People Are Strange” by The Doors)
1-855-234-5612

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:48 am

Interesting.  We've had several seasons where they did only one or even no paso dobles, and now we've got three in one night.  Also interesting that Carlos and Alexa (did you know they're married?? ) are both doing the paso.  Tamar should do a beautiful foxtrot, but she'll need to connect with Val for that dance.  Also, "People Are Strange" by The Doors??  Really?  I can definitely see that fitting the steps, but it just doesn't really seem like a foxtroty piece of music moodwise.  But I suppose since it's Halloween Week, they were going for songs that kind of fit the theme?

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:00 pm

I can see "People Are Strange" fitting more into a Tango than a Foxtrot.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:11 am

Halloween week is always a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed the opening number with the way they incorporated the stars as well as the pros.  Nice way to start off.  Julianne is looking very lovely tonight as well.  I really like her hair that way.  And always nice to see Leah again.  She makes a good substitute for Erin.

Nick/Sharna - I like Nick, and I like the song (they've used it before on the show but I can't remember who), but it didn't really seem like an Argentine Tango to me.   It seemed too loose.  You usually see strong lines and sharp movements in the AT, but this didn't have any of that.  His posture was a bit slumped, and it just didn't have the crispness.  Scores were fair for this, I think.

Hayes/Emma - That was a very interesting rendition of that song.  I liked it.  And I liked the dance.  Hayes did a pretty nice job with it overall.  Again, scores seemed fair.

Alexa/Mark - OMG.  Mark is Edward Scissorhands.  He must have been in 7th heaven with all that makeup.    But that was a very nice dance.  I thought Alexa looked good, and I liked Mark's choreo, and Mark was channeling Edward for all he was worth.  Good scores for her.

Tamar/Val - I really liked this dance.  I thought Tamar looked very good and seemed to connect well with Val - I disagree vehemently with Julianne on that one.  I liked Val's choreography.   This was well done, I thought.  All 8s are too low, though.  No way were Hayes and Andy better than she was, and she was certainly much better than Nick.  I don't know why the judges seem to be trying to torpedo her chances.  To listen to the judges, you'd think that dance was a hot mess, and it wasn't.  I went back and re-watched it just to see if I could spot all the 'disconnects' and misses they were talking about, and I just didn't see them, even looking for them.  I thought it was really good.  I don't know what's going on, but it certainly seems like ABC wants her gone.  She gets the edit where they just had to include her saying (clearly at least partially joking) that she thought she was the best dancer.  Then we get Julianne telling her the best dancers don't always win and that you need more, as she proceeds to tell Tamar all the imaginary things wrong about that dance.  Then scores on a par with Nick, who was did have problems.  Even the ABC website is in on it.  They have clips of all the dances, and the captions for all of them are raving about fangtastic this, nails that, awesome whatever.  Except Tamar - the caption to her video is Tamar Braxton's disconnected foxtrot.  Ugh.  She is getting hosed, and I don't know why.  Not happy with them at all.

Andy/Allison - Those contacts Andy is wearing are really freaky.    All things considered, it  wasn't a bad effort.  I enjoyed it.  He could have had stronger lines and been a bit more something- not sure what - but I liked it.  I thought the scores were a bit too high.  He wasn't better than Tamar who only got a 24.

Bindi/Derek - That was really good.  That's all I've got to say about it.  It was really good.  I'm not sure it was perfect, but I'm not going to quibble with the perfect score either.  Definitely the best dance of the night.

Alek/Lindsay - I thought he did a pretty good job with the waltz.  I'm glad that Artem spent some time working with him, as it seems to have helped.  He really was living in the state of denial if he thought there wasn't anything more he could have done.  Glad to see he took that training to heart and did a nice job with the waltz. 

Carlos/Witney - I love the paso, and it's hard for the celebs to get it right.  This was great music for the dance, and I liked Witney's choreography for the dance.  But there was WAY too much smoke.  Half the time I could barely see the dancers.  But what I could see looked nice.  It was a bit sloppy in a couple of places, but overall I thought it was pretty good.  The judges seemed to like it a bit better than I did, though.

Team Nightmare - I absolutely loved this dance.  Great music, great concept, great execution.  I thought everyone did a great job.  This may be one of my favorite team dances ever. 

Team Who-You-Gonna-Call  - This was a fun routine, but it honestly wasn't quite as good as the other team.  There were several noticeable mistakes from several of the couples.  I can't believe the judges actually scored it a clear win for Team Nightmare.  Good for them. 

Hayes was probably the right choice to go.  He's one of the weaker dancers left, but he seems like a nice kid, and I enjoyed that he really tried with everything he did.  The bus seems definitely headed straight for Tamar right now, so I gave her most of my votes. 

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:44 pm

I have to disagree on Tamar, mustang.  I usually think she dances to near perfection but something was off last night.  Couldn't put my finger on it unless she wasn't as crisp as she normally is.

I'll agree that Bindi's was the dance of the night.

That smoke was ridiculous.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:02 pm

I understand, Singly.  But still it's a long way from not being as "crisp" as she normally is to that hot mess the judges would have had us believe it was.  I can see your point about the crispness going back and looking at it now, but I can't say I noticed it last night or that it bothered me overly much on re-watching.  The foxtrot is a more flowy dance, so I thought her movement was appropriate.  And it seemed to me that she was really trying to 'emote' more during the dance.  There was a little bit of her 'dead eyes,' but not much, and she actually did quite well, I thought, at the beginning as she was going through that hallway with the dancers coming up to her.  I just don't see that she deserved to receive that much criticism or the lowest scores of the night.  She and Nick were tied for bottom, and while I can get behind the low scores for Nick, as he was definitely 'off' last night, I think Tamar danced quite well and should have been scored higher.  They just seem like they're after her.

I was reading on another site that Tamar mentioned that the producers had told her they were asking everyone to say they thought they were the best, but she was the only one where it showed up in her edit.  And predictably, she's catching flack on some forums for being arrogant.  Some fans are also thinking that Sasha was told to go interrupt her interview by scaring Leah.  I'm not sure I believe that, but it is just a touch suspicious that theirs was the only interview that got interrupted like that.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:14 pm

I believe Tamar is being targeted by the producers. Her edit has been horrible and the judges downright insult her. That dance last night wasn't perfect but it was good and should have been scored higher.

Bindi's dance was her best so far but you had to watch only from her neck down. That hideous hair they gave her and her ludicrous facial expressions which I guess she thought expressed passion and intensity were more comic book than passion. Not perfect in my book but she is number 1 with the judges.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Maybe it's just me but it is so clear who is going to win this by the way the judges scores are going and who is being set up for the next elimination that I am ready to switch my viewing over to The Voice.  

For some reason Carlos and Alexa just leave me cold and it isn't getting any better as the weeks go on.  I have not been a fan of Tamar but I do think they were underscored last night compared to what some of the other scores were - maybe the producers are singling her out. Confused  I feel that Alek has been scored low for the last several weeks.  I guess I am just tired of the judging again this season - that's why I didn't watch the last couple of seasons and probably why I won't watch next season as well.  The only reason I was watching this season was because of Alek and Nick being on.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:35 pm

I am getting the feeling that I should skip next season too, SLA. It is getting frustrating and not fun anymore.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:27 am

Alexa, IMO, isn't the dancer her husband is.  Carlos reminds me of Shamar from Criminal Minds and I don't mind him. 

Anyway, I fully that appreciate they're not drawing on oldsters, sympathy, and/or comedy this year.  This season, the remaining dancers are all capable of producing quality performances.  Love this route.

It would be my wish that they do away with the negative packages altogether.  But... what we see of Tamar might be her personality in life.  Who knows?  I do wish they hadn't shown Alek's pouting session over his previous scores.  It was unflattering.   Right now, I think dance-wise, he's at the bottom.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:26 am

singlyme wrote:
It would be my wish that they do away with the negative packages altogether.  But... what we see of Tamar might be her personality in life.  Who knows?  I do wish they hadn't shown Alek's pouting session over his previous scores.  It was unflattering.   Right now, I think dance-wise, he's at the bottom.
I really wonder why TPTB think we, the viewing audience, enjoy those negative packages. Most of us are long time viewers and we know how contrived and manipulated and just plain slanted those thoroughly edited packages are. I believe the producers pile on the negativity when they have someone they want to go. Right now it seems to be Tamar and Alek.

Just a note on Tamar's true personality. Louis was on Afterbuzz last Tuesday and he spoke about Tamar. He says she is a great person, works hard and contrary to the packages has wonderful chemistry with Val. She is popular and well liked by the whole cast; he truly feels the way she is being portrayed is wrong. He wasn't happy with the judging for Tamar and Val for their Foxtrot. He particularly singled out Julianne's comment about T & V not looking at each other when in hold. Louis says the couple do not look at one another in a proper FT but rather should be holding their heads to the side. Len would have known that, says Louis.

Also Louis was very lukewarm about Alek. He didn't really get into much about him but I didn't get the impression that he is a huge fan of Alek's. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:08 pm

"Len would have known that, says Louis". Len knows it indeed. It was his main critique for Jay McGuiness' Quickstep on SCD recently, and he even specified it during the results show on Len's Lense. 
Thank God we still have Bruno, but they'd better replace one of the girls with Louis or Maks. Their judging this season is a disappointment, to say the least. Andy, Nick, Tamar, Alek: they all have been frustrated about judges' comments and scores, and the producers have nothing better to do than show that in the packages? This may be the best cast ever. They deserve better treatment.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:00 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:"Len would have known that, says Louis". Len knows it indeed. It was his main critique for Jay McGuiness' Quickstep on SCD recently, and he even specified it during the results show on Len's Lense. 
Thank God we still have Bruno, but they'd better replace one of the girls with Louis or Maks. Their judging this season is a disappointment, to say the least. Andy, Nick, Tamar, Alek: they all have been frustrated about judges' comments and scores, and the producers have nothing better to do than show that in the packages? This may be the best cast ever. They deserve better treatment.
Indeed  I agree and thank you for your comments. High five
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Thanks You're welcome.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top