Survivor 2013

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:03 am

Even my out-of-state daughter called last night to ask, "What did I miss?" She couldn't figure it out either. The problem with it being Michael is that his name was only tossed out once. After all the plotting and planning to take down Malcolm, it was something like, "Then it has to be Michael." No buzz or follow-up like they did about Malcolm. We saw no further discussion on the subject.

The vote is what has me really confused.

Phillip, Andrea, Dawn, Brenda, Cochran and blonde female fan (name escapes me) = 6 votes.

Malcolm, Reynold, Eddie, and Michael = 4 votes.

SO... If Malcolm believed the other side's vote was being split between Reynold and Eddie, why did he cast what he called a "throw-away" vote to Reynold? Sure, he knew Reynold had the Idol. BUT, why not vote for Andrea as the others did?

Is it so he can tell the favs he never wrote their name down? Otherwise, I can't see the logic. If, as he believed, the other team was splitting their votes, it wouldn't have made sense to vote 3 for Eddie and 3 for Reynold. A tie, and no clear exit. But if they had, then Malcolm's vote for Andrea instead of Reynold would've resulted in Andrea going.

We're all confused. My brain shouldn't have to work this hard, so I'm letting it go. Yeah, right.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:53 am

singlyme wrote:Even my out-of-state daughter called last night to ask, "What did I miss?" She couldn't figure it out either. The problem with it being Michael is that his name was only tossed out once. After all the plotting and planning to take down Malcolm, it was something like, "Then it has to be Michael." No buzz or follow-up like they did about Malcolm. We saw no further discussion on the subject.

Phillip, Andrea, Dawn, Brenda, Cochran and blonde female fan (name escapes me) = 6 votes.

SO... If Malcolm believed the other side's vote was being split between Reynold and Eddie, why did he cast what he called a "throw-away" vote to Reynold? Sure, he knew Reynold had the Idol. BUT, why not vote for Andrea as the others did?

Is it so he can tell the favs he never wrote their name down? Otherwise, I can't see the logic. If, as he believed, the other team was splitting their votes, it wouldn't have made sense to vote 3 for Eddie and 3 for Reynold. A tie, and no clear exit. But if they had, then Malcolm's vote for Andrea instead of Reynold would've resulted in Andrea going.

We're all confused. My brain shouldn't have to work this hard, so I'm letting it go. Yeah, right.

I think you've summarized it well. The only reason I can think of is Malcolm was happy to get rid of Reynold after all, and/or his idol, and so he figured if they did split the votes, then his vote for Reynold would oust him, and Malcolm wouldn't be suspected... maybe. I'm not actually very good at this type of strategizing.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Ughwhatname wrote:
singlyme wrote:Even my out-of-state daughter called last night to ask, "What did I miss?" She couldn't figure it out either. The problem with it being Michael is that his name was only tossed out once. After all the plotting and planning to take down Malcolm, it was something like, "Then it has to be Michael." No buzz or follow-up like they did about Malcolm. We saw no further discussion on the subject.

I think you've summarized it well. The only reason I can think of is Malcolm was happy to get rid of Reynold after all, and/or his idol, and so he figured if they did split the votes, then his vote for Reynold would oust him, and Malcolm wouldn't be suspected... maybe. I'm not actually very good at this type of strategizing.

I think Singly summarized it well also and I also now see it as you did, Ugh. That would kind of make sense out of something that made no sense to me before. If the other side was splitting their vote, 3 votes Reynold and 3 votes Eddie if their alliance of 4 voted for Andrea then he could have missed a good opportunity to get rid of one of his biggest threats...Reynold. So I'm thinking that even though Phillip gave that speech at tribal council and Malcolm knew there was some funny buisness going on that Malcolm played a very shrewd move in asking Reynold for his idol. If the fav's tried to get rid of him he would be safe with Reynold's idol, but if it turned out the other way that his 4th vote for Reynold would oust him then Reynold would be gone with no idol to save him. It was very smart but could have also put a target on his back when people really started sitting down and figuring it out.

And thanks for the comments on the picture. Sorry Singly that you had to get your glasses out LOL. I had another picture of me around that same age and it was just a face shot that would have been easier to see but I haven't been able to locate it yet. I figured I should take that zombie picture down because it might have been a bit disturbing to some LOL.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:33 am

You can be sure the favs already know Malcolm has flipped and the target is there. Now, his new alliance is down to three. The only way he's safe is to keep winning challenges.

Dawn and Cochran are staunch loyalists, as are Andrea and the older blonde fan. Brenda seems to be flying under the radar. I keep forgetting she's there - even though she won immunity. They can afford to get rid of Phillip and still have the numbers.

I really don't see how Malcolm can save himself. Common sense dictates that they get rid of these three strong guys who can easily whip them in most physical challenges.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:25 pm

Well the next episode will be interesting and hopefully will answer what happened last week. Now that Reynold has played his idol they will re -hide it and might be the game changer on who finds it first. Of course the strongest are always a huge target like all seasons especially when they merge but there are others that could go before them.

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm finally getting on here to talk about last week! Whew, what an episode! I agree with all of you about the confusion. Malcolm made a big mistake revealing his flip. He never should have talked to Dawn. Brenda would have been a better person to go to. I did hear Michael's name mentioned as a possible person to eliminate, but the target kept changing and they always want to edit it, so you're not sure who will really be going. I was releaved it was Michael. I think Malcolm voted for Reynolds because that was the name he was told to vote for on the split vote - they didn't want Malcolm to know about the switch, because they didn't want to tip their plan to the other side and they wanted to flush out Reynold's idol. Malcolm figured if Reynold's was the one they voted for he would be safe. When it came time to reveal the votes, Malcolm's instinct told him that they were voting off someone else besides Reynolds and he felt it was himself. He was right when he told Reynolds that they were not voting for him. It was amazing that Reynolds trusted him enough to give him the Immunity Idol. It looks like Dawn is going to have a huge breakdown next week brought on by self-doubt and guilt - she even talks in the preview about going home, although usually anyone who says that reconsiders or gets talked out of it. The way I see it, the only way Malcolm and Reynolds can last is to keep winning immunity and find the second idol if it is hidden again. Unfortunately, Malcolm has played a brilliant game, but failed to make the strong alliance he needed. Phillip and Sherri should have gone home a long time ago. The numbers are against Malcolm unless he can turn things around by some miracle.
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:32 am

The funny thing is, I'm sure Phillip and Sherri think they've "outlasted and outwitted" the ones who've gone home.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:57 pm

This is a bona fide OMG (oh my goodness)moment!!!! This tribal is CRAZY!!!! Wait til you see what happens!!!!!
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:08 pm

victorian3 wrote:This is a bona fide OMG (oh my goodness)moment!!!! This tribal is CRAZY!!!! Wait til you see what happens!!!!!

Well I have to wait another 2 hours because the live feed would not work tonight for me! I really hope this means that Phillip goes home!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 pm

SLA44 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:This is a bona fide OMG (oh my goodness)moment!!!! This tribal is CRAZY!!!! Wait til you see what happens!!!!!

Well I have to wait another 2 hours because the live feed would not work tonight for me! I really hope this means that Phillip goes home!

Well, thanks to my ridiculous remote, and my being careless of course, I now have to wait until it is on Demand to see the last 10 minutes. I paused the tv to come in and post but when i went bacck to see the rest of tribal and the vote, i touched the wrong button and the tv and cable box went off. When that happens and you turn it back on, it no longer is paused--it is in real time. it was then 9:01 and I couldn't go back at all. GRRRRR!!! SO annoyed!!!! The remote has the On/Off button on top of the tiny resume play and pause buttons. I have done this before. Survivor 2013 - Page 3 4278823712Survivor 2013 - Page 3 824643984Survivor 2013 - Page 3 1582475729Survivor 2013 - Page 3 3815714222Survivor 2013 - Page 3 1462469334Survivor 2013 - Page 3 750467655Survivor 2013 - Page 3 2311691595Survivor 2013 - Page 3 461345587I don't just want to know who left, I want to see what they say/do now that there was upheaval.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Maybe someone else that has seen it will post who was voted off - I still have an hour to go before it even comes on here! Sad
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 am

Survivor 2013 - Page 3 2711556646and Survivor 2013 - Page 3 1510088223 and that's all I will say for now! Survivor 2013 - Page 3 3254734933 Survivor 2013 - Page 3 4271029070
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:50 am

That was amazing! And I don't think I've ever seen two more self-satisfied smiles in the history of this show. lol.

Of course, the three are now open targets with no idols, but that was really cool to see. Can't help but wonder if that's the last of the idols, but I think Jeff would have said so if that were the case. Malcolm is good at finding them, so who knows?

And I'm so happy the master sleuth is gone! I think there's a better chance now for the big alliance to falter now. But I'm beginning to think Reynold may take this whole season if he's up for the vote at the end.

Poor Dawn. And bless Brenda' heart. That was nice to see. Glad they showed the kindness - and the gratitude.

All in all, a satisfying evening.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:31 am

************SPOILER**************

That was just in case some of you still didn't see the ending last night. That was an awesome tribal counsil!!! It was so funny when Reynolds won immunity and Malcolm found the hidden immunity idol. The looks on the fav's faces when these events happened was hysterical. I didn't think that Malcolm would pull out the other hidden immunity idol he has been holding onto for weeks. LOL. The smug looks on all three of their faces was PRICELESS while they watched the fav's squirm LOL. I was so happy to see Mr. Big Shot get voted off. As much as they needed the numbers I think that even some of the fav's was glad he was gone. IF they can get a couple more to flip the three amigos can still change this up.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 pm

I agree, rkc. And if you missed it on the other thread, I LOVE this picture. So pretty!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Well it will sure be interesting to see what happens next! Survivor 2013 - Page 3 3800589692
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:51 pm

singlyme wrote:I agree, rkc. And if you missed it on the other thread, I LOVE this picture. So pretty!

Thank you, singly. Your pic is cute too. I can't get over how much you look like my friend Teresa...it's amazing!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:59 am

***************** Spoiler************************************

Darn. Darn. Darn. I guess the jig is up. And I must say I wanted to knock Andrea and her self-satisfied smile right off that tree stump. She stayed up his a$$ so he couldn't get to the idol. I'm really not liking her.

And Cochran. Kind of makes me gag. Little troll.

Sherry is worthless and I hope she goes next.

The boys have little chance unless Reynold can keep winning - which I hope he does. I'd love to see it go down that way. But he was looking rather thin and worn out last night. But I guess they're all beaten down.

At this point, I'd like to see the final three be Reynold, Dawn and Brenda. I know....if wishes were horses.... lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:47 pm

singlyme wrote:***************** Spoiler************************************

Darn. Darn. Darn. I guess the jig is up. And I must say I wanted to knock Andrea and her self-satisfied smile right off that tree stump. She stayed up his a$$ so he couldn't get to the idol. I'm really not liking her.

And Cochran. Kind of makes me gag. Little troll.

Sherry is worthless and I hope she goes next.

The boys have little chance unless Reynold can keep winning - which I hope he does. I'd love to see it go down that way. But he was looking rather thin and worn out last night. But I guess they're all beaten down.

At this point, I'd like to see the final three be Reynold, Dawn and Brenda. I know....if wishes were horses.... lol.

I agree with you, Singly. Andrea was getting on my nerves. Sitting there the whole time he was looking for the idol...and I wanted to knock that smug look right off her face. I hope she goes real soon. And Cochran too is getting on my nerves. All the sudden he thinks he's the master of the game...because he won two challenges? Eating garbage and having an advantage in a immunity challenge doesn't make you a tough guy. I would laugh my ass off if Reynold ended up winning immunity for the remainder of this game and took it all. I wasn't real happy with Eddie last night that when they had to re-do to vote he ended up voting for Malcolm...and after Malcolm saved his ass last week. So Eddie can go too for all I care. I also like Brenda as well but not real crazy about Dawn.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:02 pm

I didn't stick around for the vote reveal after Malcom was voted off. Eddie voted for him?! He must've been afraid the vote would go for Reynold, I guess. I've never been crazy about him anyway. Now, he'll probably start smoozing Andrea. He may already be working with her. H-m-m-m.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 02, 2013 8:07 am

SO happy to see Andrea go! She's been getting on my nerves. And without her to hold him up, Eddie will probably go next week. I'm also a little tired of Cochran who should now go into full "mastermind" mode since the plotting Andrea has been chucked. She was bad enough before, but when she targeted Brenda, I was done with her.

Eddie has been playing a strange game. He acts like a dummy, but he was hanging on through Andrea - even stabbing his buddy Reynold in the back. No need for immunity, so he jumps in the water for food? H-m-m. He's alone now. Let's see how he handles it next week. Will brains be exhibited, some skills at challenges?

Countdown? Eddie, Cochran, Sherri. Erik, Brenda and Dawn as the final three?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu May 02, 2013 9:27 am

singlyme wrote:SO happy to see Andrea go! She's been getting on my nerves. And without her to hold him up, Eddie will probably go next week. I'm also a little tired of Cochran who should now go into full "mastermind" mode since the plotting Andrea has been chucked. She was bad enough before, but when she targeted Brenda, I was done with her.

Eddie has been playing a strange game. He acts like a dummy, but he was hanging on through Andrea - even stabbing his buddy Reynold in the back. No need for immunity, so he jumps in the water for food? H-m-m. He's alone now. Let's see how he handles it next week. Will brains be exhibited, some skills at challenges?

Countdown? Eddie, Cochran, Sherri. Erik, Brenda and Dawn as the final three?

YAY!!!! I was so glad to see Andrea go!!!! She's was sneaky and slimy. Yeah, I understand the concept of the game but she was just too much to deal with. I loved that she felt comfortable enough to not play her idol and they threw her under the bus!!!! LOL She deserved it for all the underhandedness she was displaying. Her surprised WHAT???!!! during tribal counsel had us cracking up last night....and also watching Malcolm and Reynold laughing about her demise. Cochran has to go too. He's another one that thinks he's safe and they need to blindside him too. Eddie turned on both Malcolm and Reynold so I don't want him to win either. And Sherri is just dumb. They showed her laughing and celebrating when both Malcolm and Reynold lost challenges and was sent home but she forgets that she is still a fan and not a favorite and they would turn on her in a heartbeat. They wanted to get rid of the threats first and they know she stinks at challenges so that's the only reason she is still there. The only reason to take her to the final two is because she is so bad and would be easy to beat...and the fact that she turned on her core alliance and she just plain sucks she would be easy to beat on the vote for the winner.

So...hmmmm...the final three...I'd have to say I hope it to be Brenda, Erik and Dawn (I guess). I don't like how Dawn is so sneaky either so ultimately for me it comes down to Brenda or Erik that I hope wins. The only reason I would be happy to see Dawn win is because she says she needs to win because she has many kids she needs to support and I'm always an advocate for using the money to take care of your family over just having it to blow frivolously.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Thu May 02, 2013 9:43 am

Hey!!! What happened to my post??? The one I wrote before rkc's above but after singly's (2 above). I am not redoing now but basically it said the same things that both of you said. Glad Andrea is gone. Don't think Erik will win--if he gets further it is more from luck than any great strategy other than playing both sides and stayingout of drama. Sherri does not impress me--kind of like the DWTS Alenxandra. I like the game that Brenda played and Dawn also. it is to Dawn's redit that she lasted this long and it is difficult to hold up against the young'uns.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 02, 2013 10:03 am

Great post, rkc! I agree whole-heartedly. I think the stress is really having an effect on Dawn. I've always liked her but she's seemed near meltdown the last couple of weeks.

And Vic, we shouldn't have disappearing posts on this side of the bridge. Hope you just hit the wrong button.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu May 02, 2013 10:14 am

victorian3 wrote:Hey!!! What happened to my post??? The one I wrote before rkc's above but after singly's (2 above). I am not redoing now but basically it said the same things that both of you said. Glad Andrea is gone. Don't think Erik will win--if he gets further it is more from luck than any great strategy other than playing both sides and stayingout of drama. Sherri does not impress me--kind of like the DWTS Alenxandra. I like the game that Brenda played and Dawn also. it is to Dawn's redit that she lasted this long and it is difficult to hold up against the young'uns.

Hey vic3, I think I know what happened to your post. There were probably over posts being posted at the same time and when you hit send it gave you the option to modify or save and if you hit home instead of save you lost your post - been there, done that. Just an operator error and getting used to the system here.

Sherri doesn't impress me at all either and how she made it this far is beyond me, I'm actually pulling for Erik now and am hoping that Cochran goes next - he is really bugging me and seems to think he is in total control of things IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top