DWTS General Chit Chat

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS General Chit Chat - Page 10 Empty Re: DWTS General Chit Chat

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 pm

Chongatroyd forever! That we are, sis! What fun we had and of course we had Tommy the master to show us just how much fun the ridiculous and absurd can be.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:41 am

kincaid53 wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Tommy Chong had his surgery today and the tweet said it went well. He is resting now and they ask for messages, laughs and prayers.

For you Tommy I send my very caring thoughts and prayers. You are so special to so many people and your little Chongie family here on the DWTS forum love you!
Ohhh.....thanks sis...for that info......lots of healing thoughts being sent your way.....We love you Tommy Blow kisses  and we know the beautiful Shelby is taking good care of you!!!   Chongatroyd forever!!   What a special time that was......  Smile  
Best wishes to our Tommy for a complete recovery!  Your great wit and beautiful partnership with Peta, kept us Chongies entertained last
year.  Hope to see you in the audience again.....maybe next season?  Take care & lots of love from Team Chongatroyd.
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:00 pm

About this point in the show I start to review Facebook comments as they often give a hint as to how the contestants are ranked. While there is a lot of Bindi/Derek love I would say right now Nick is number one. Great outrage at CAI for her stupid 9 for his dance. 

The next two most often mentioned are Carlos and Tamar. Carlos, mostly favourable and Tamar, some good, some not so good.

Right now, based solely on fb I would say F4 - Nick, Bindi, Carlos, Tamar. I personally think Tamar is a better dancer than Carlos but many just don't like her.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:20 pm

I don't get the Nick love.  I don't dislike him, but James Maslow was a much more interesting dancer in my opinion.  Don't you think James had more charisma and was just as good or better as a dancer?  I put Nick in the category of Alek as a dancer.  They may be good but they don't move me yet.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:23 pm

Glitters, do you really think Nick and Alek are in the same league, or are you just stirring the pot again? Nick is so much better on any level- performance, acting, technique- I really wonder how someone can deny it.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:09 pm

Well glitters, I think you know how the Chongie sisters, Babs, kin and me, feel about James Maslow. Or as we call him, The Divine Mister M. And yes I think he was as good a dancer as Nick is at this stage. However, Nick is in a whole other league than Alek dance skills wise. 

It isn't dancing ability that will win this show as it is basically a popularity contest. The best dancer doesn't always win but it's dead certain that the most popular will. Nick has the whole package with the added advantage of Sharna for a partner.

I don't get the Bindi love as she doesn't entertain me but others are wild for her. Just the way it goes.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:21 pm

James Maslow wants Carlos to win.  How do you all (Maslow & Nick fans) feel about that?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:23 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Glitters, do you really think Nick and Alek are in the same league, or are you just stirring the pot again? Nick is so much better on any level- performance, acting, technique- I really wonder how someone can deny it.
I'm not stirring the pot about Alek and Nick.  I put them together because people say they like Alek.  I don't say they are in the same league, but just that people seem to like both of them.  Obviously, Nick is an entertainer.  I think Nick has a lot of fans, but his dancing hasn't impressed me that much.  Certainly, not more than some other people who have been on the show.  I thought James was a good comparison for Nick, because James stood out much more as a dancer to me on the show. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:26 pm

I am certainly not putting Alek and Nick in the same league.  I put them together because people seem to like both of them so much, but for probably different reasons.  I'm not feeling it as much for them in the dancing arena.  I do think Nick is cute though. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:30 pm

Speaking about the whole package from my perspective: unlike sister lesallee, I'm able to enjoy Bindi. Alexa is of course more woman. But for me Tamar is the real deal.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Psychee22 wrote:James Maslow wants Carlos to win.  How do you all (Maslow & Nick fans) feel about that?
Carlos has moved me more in this competition than Nick has, but Carlos was in Big Time Rush with James, so isn't that why he would want Carlos to win?  lol 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Psychee22 wrote:James Maslow wants Carlos to win.  How do you all (Maslow & Nick fans) feel about that?
Ah, now my sisters are in trouble...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:37 pm

Lesallee wrote:Well glitters, I think you know how the Chongie sisters, Babs, kin and me, feel about James Maslow. Or as we call him, The Divine Mister M. And yes I think he was as good a dancer as Nick is at this stage. However, Nick is in a whole other league than Alek dance skills wise. 

It isn't dancing ability that will win this show as it is basically a popularity contest. The best dancer doesn't always win but it's dead certain that the most popular will. Nick has the whole package with the added advantage of Sharna for a partner.

I don't get the Bindi love as she doesn't entertain me but others are wild for her. Just the way it goes.
I think James Maslow blows Nick out of the water in the dancing arena.  I always noticed James when he danced and he got my attention.  I can't say the same about Nick, though I think he is cute.  I wouldn't necessarily want the best dancer to win.  I also go by who captures my attention and moves me and who I like.  Those are important factors.  I feel Bindi was put on the show to win and that is kind of a turnoff for me.  I think she is a good dancer though and I like her. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:40 pm

I agree Tamar is the real deal.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:51 pm

I look at it from a different angle. I believe Nick and James are equally talented in the dancing area. But more important, they got the best possible partners: Peta and Sharna. So this is almost running in the family.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:
.......I feel Bindi was put on the show to win and that is kind of a turnoff for me.  I think she is a good dancer though and I like her. 

What???!  She's under age, she had never put on heels before, had no dance training, and has just a normal healthy body.  But you thought she was put on the show as a ringer? 

When the show started, her odds of winning were way down on the list - like 7th or 8th, remember?   I don't think anyone imagined then that she would do as well as she has been doing.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Oh come on, she got Derek. No one would have expected her to leave week 2. But I have to say I enjoy them as a couple. She brought back the fun for him. His best season in a long time, no matter where they end up. 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm

I don't know if I think she is a ringer or if it's because she is with Derek, but they must have known how much potential she had before the show started.  The other thing is a lot of people seem to know her or like her and I realize she is the daughter of Steve Irwin and I knew somewhat of her, but I'm not crazed about her.  What show is she on that so many people know about her that so many people are watching?  She seems to have a lot of fans.  She must have a show that I'm not watching. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:11 pm

Someone on this board also said that Bindi is in some kind of show where they sing and dance? 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:14 pm

This is what is said it said about her in Wikipedia "She has been involved in acting, singing, songwriting, game show hosting, rapping, and has created an instructional fitness DVD."

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Is Alek the only non-ringer left?
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:30 pm

What exactly is a ringer? 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:This is what is said it said about her in Wikipedia "She has been involved in acting, singing, songwriting, game show hosting, rapping, and has created an instructional fitness DVD."
Dancing isn't mentioned in Wiki so I wouldn't call Bindi a ringer.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I don't know if I think she is a ringer or if it's because she is with Derek, but they must have known how much potential she had before the show started.  The other thing is a lot of people seem to know her or like her and I realize she is the daughter of Steve Irwin and I knew somewhat of her, but I'm not crazed about her.  What show is she on that so many people know about her that so many people are watching?  She seems to have a lot of fans.  She must have a show that I'm not watching. 

Bindi has an impressive array of TV  credits plus she was a principal actress in one of the Free Willy movies, I think.   She had a nature show of her own when she was younger, and won some awards.  But mostly, folks in this country know her from just being herself on the talk circuit.  She and her mom are kind of cultural ambassadors for Australia to the US.   I think she is also a spokesperson of some kind for Sea World, and more importantly, she's a wildlife conservationist.  I think most of the fans she is presently getting on DWTS are new, though.  She's just an impressive, infectiously happy young lady.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:44 pm

Well, I didn't say she was a ringer because I'm not exactly sure what that is.  Someone who has a lot of experience?  But she seems to be even more popular than Nick Carter and he's been around for a while as an entertainer.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top