Season 21: Official Cast List with Assigned Partners

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 21:  Official Cast List with Assigned Partners Empty Season 21: Official Cast List with Assigned Partners

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:46 am

• Alek Skarlatos partnered with Lindsay Arnold
• Alexa PenaVega partnered with Mark Ballas
• Andy Grammer partnered with Allison Holker
• Bindi Irwin partnered with Derek Hough
• Carlos PenaVega partnered with Witney Carson
• Chaka Khan partnered with Keo Motsepe
• Gary Busey partnered with Anna Trebunskaya
• Hayes Grier partnered with Emma Slater
• Kim Zolciak Biermann partnered with Tony Dovolani
• Nick Carter partnered with Sharna Burgess
• Paula Deen partnered with Louis van Amstel
• Tamar Braxton partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy
• Victor Espinoza partnered with Karina Smirnoff
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 21:  Official Cast List with Assigned Partners Empty Re: Season 21: Official Cast List with Assigned Partners

Post by USN Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm really glad to see Anna back, but it's a shame they have her paired with Gary.

Nice to have Karina and Louie back, too.

Thanks for posting the list, Psychee.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 21:  Official Cast List with Assigned Partners Empty Re: Season 21: Official Cast List with Assigned Partners

Post by Lesallee Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:17 pm

No word yet on the missing Artem. His Official Artem Fans twitter says they will let everyone know the lowdown as soon as they know. Certainly has me wondering.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:19 pm

So happy Louis is back.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 21:  Official Cast List with Assigned Partners Empty Louis Instead of Artem?

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:44 pm

peebeeb wrote:So happy Louis is back.

But I'm surprised.  Did anyone see that coming? 

Otherwise, he seems to be a last minute replacement for Artem (for whatever reason Artem isn't in the cast this season), doesn't he?
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by CDRmom Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:57 pm

Gary Busey is so hilarious.  I've seen him play a good guy and a bad guy.  My sense is that Gary is what DWTS is all about:  taking people with no dance experience and teaching them how to dance. 

CDRmom

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Dancing with WHO???  Seriously, I'd heard of four of these people before:

Paula Deen -- cooking show TV host
Kim Zolciak -- housewife on Real Housewives of Atlanta
Tamar Braxton -- singer; reality show family
Alek Skarlatos -- train hero who helped stop a gunman on French train
Gary Busey --an actor so creepy-looking I can't watch the commercials he's in
Bindi Irwin -- daughter of Australian crocodile hunter Steve Irwin
Chaka Khan -- singer
Andy Grammer -- singer
Nick Carter -- singer, Backstreet Boys
Hayes Grier -- internet sensation (that's what it says on the DWTS press announcement)
Victor Espinoza -- jockey
Alexa and Carlos PenaVega -- series' first married contestants (DWTS didn't identify them any other way)
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm with you WW...the majority of these people I've never even heard of.

And three seniors again? Paula Deen, Chaka Khan, and GARY BUSEY?! Seriously? I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but they are just not exciting to watch.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:21 pm

You hear from the show runners all the time that casting the show has become super difficult which I translate to mean - we often take what we can get. And yet, someone like Alfonso Ribeiro campaigned for years to get on the show. I think many others have too. So it is hard to figure out their casting rationale. I know some have to be basically cannon fodder or the show would last an interminable length of time but the last while there have been too many expendable ones.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:32 pm

I think you're right, Lesallee, that the A List doesn't want to appear on DWTS, and that's probably true of the B List and C List, as well.  The show is fine for the purpose of watching people learn to dance and seeing how the pros teach them, but stars?

*giggle*
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:58 pm

I think one of the problems trying to cast DWTS with bigger names is the time commitment they would have to make. Busy, working celebs can't devote that much time to it. 

It has become an effective way for "stars" who have fallen down the fame ladder to rejuvenate their careers. Plus some such as Paula Deen look to rehab their image. 

Oh well, I've been watching DWTS since season 2 and in spite of vowing now and again to quit it I will probably hang in until the curtain closes.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:14 pm

The only ones I know who they are is Paula, Kim, and Bindi.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:40 pm

BAL91182 wrote:The only ones I know who they are is Paula, Kim, and Bindi.
Don't tell me you never heard of Chaka. That woman is a legend- even in Germany!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:28 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Don't tell me you never heard of Chaka. That woman is a legend- even in Germany!

You would think with all those Grammys she won that everyone would know her but I admit as well that she was not on my radar either when she was in her prime in the mid-eighties.  And listening to her music on Youtube now I can see why.  Her music is just not enjoyable to me.  Good rhythms but sort of tuneless to my ear.  On the other side, I can see that her presence would attract a following -- she was one good looking woman with a nice figure and very attractive and friendly smile. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top