Bachelor In Paradise' Contestant Producers Twisted My Words ... I'm Not A Drug Addict!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise' Contestant Producers Twisted My Words ... I'm Not A Drug Addict! Empty Bachelor In Paradise' Contestant Producers Twisted My Words ... I'm Not A Drug Addict!

Post by BAL91182 Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:40 am

A contestant on "Bachelor In Paradise" is calling out producers for making him look like a raging drug addict.
Joshua Albers tells TMZ, the story he told on Sunday’s episode about an LA club that sells $30 coconuts filled with Molly is not what it seems. He says he was just relaying what a crew member told him, but says the editing makes it look like the story was all about him.
Albers admits, he’s tried Molly once. He was so taken aback by the way he was portrayed on the show he called his parents, fearing their reaction.
He tells TMZ, "It wasn't too bad because they know the effect of editing. ... Plus, they know that if it was as big a deal as they made it out to be, there would have certainly been footage of JJ (another cast member) running his mouth about it."
Albers continues, saying his parents trust his word over that of the TV show -- "They know their baby boy better than that."
He acknowledges he knew he was signing up for a reality show, but adds, "I don't know how 'Bachelor In Paradise' producers sleep at night."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/08/11/bachelor-in-paradise-contestant-coconut-molly-drugs/#ixzz3iVu9Tit5
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise' Contestant Producers Twisted My Words ... I'm Not A Drug Addict! Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise' Contestant Producers Twisted My Words ... I'm Not A Drug Addict!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:07 am

Another contestant possibly maligned by TPTB.  When does it end?

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise' Contestant Producers Twisted My Words ... I'm Not A Drug Addict! Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise' Contestant Producers Twisted My Words ... I'm Not A Drug Addict!

Post by oaker55 Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:26 am

Now there's a reliable place to defend yourself.  If you are so upset, why go to TMZ?  Seems like more of a play for publicity than anything.
oaker55
oaker55

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:50 pm

He could be lying  too. He doesn't want his parents or friends to think he was a druggie so who knows which guy is telling the truth.

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by BachTherapy Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:28 pm

I don't think he's lying. Why would you say something like that knowing it would be all over the TV?
BachTherapy
BachTherapy

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:51 pm

"...Albers admits, he’s tried Molly once."....

Yep, I knew it, I knew it.....Why would this Skid even admit to doing it, "once"; he didn't have to mention it at all
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:55 am

Yes, I realize that he's on t.v. but if he denies it long enough, many will think he is telling the truth. He doesn't enjoy looking bad.

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:19 am

I cannot imagine someone in his profession (welder), which is dangerous, doing drugs.   JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:24 am

newto wrote:I cannot imagine someone in his profession (welder), which is dangerous, doing drugs.   JMHO.
He could be a recreational drug user. Molly is more of a recreational party drug. Its done more at raves and with sexual partners as it heightens all your senses. Its not like an everyday drug like marijuana or hard core drug users like heroin.  Not that I have ever tried it, but I have party friends that do.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:29 am

Bal, thanks for the information and your perspective.  I had never heard of the drug Molly.

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:46 am

FillePensive wrote:Bal, thanks for the information and your perspective.  I had never heard of the drug Molly.
I'ts just a more pure form of ecstasy. whereas ecstasy is cut with other harsher substances like ketamine, speed, whatnot. Molly is pure MDMA, but you get the same euphoric, arousal feeling you get with ecstasy.  I think its kind of expensive, so ots more of a recreational drug you would use at a rave or with a sexual partner.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:09 am

It is mind-boggling to me that a bar would put this substance in a drink, ie. the coconut cocktail that Joshua mentioned.  I admit that I am very naive.

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:46 am

My question is why would he even bring it up? They knew they were being filmed in the pool. He clearly said it because you see the words coming out of his mouth...it wasn't a fancy edit. Sounds to me that he is just trying to do damage control and so he doesn't get in trouble with his family.

As to people having dangerous professions and doing drugs? I hear it all of the time. I know people that were caught doing drugs and drinking on the job and they were jobs that you have to be very precise and can be dangerous. Apparently it doesn't matter to some people. It's their addiction. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:31 pm

FillePensive wrote:It is mind-boggling to me that a bar would put this substance in a drink, ie. the coconut cocktail that Joshua mentioned.  I admit that I am very naive.
I did not see the episode, so I don't know what was said, but I cant imagine any legitimate bar doing that, with all the undercover ABC agents that go thru there. They may be private parties doing it, like renting out warehouses, places without a liquor license. It is big at raves. Any legitimate bar or club that did that would be shut down quicker than you can say molly. Now that is not to say some may be buying coconut drinks and then slipping it in themselves.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:58 pm

I have a feeling the cast and producers are doing a well-orchestrated tango.

1. The cast member knows the producers are going to edit his tape footage to show him in an unfavorable light.
2. The producers edit the cast member's tape footage to show him in an unfavorable light.
3. The producers know the cast member is going to complain about the editing to anyone who will listen--especially the entertainment media.
4. The cast member complains about the editing to anyone who will listen--particularly to the entertainment media.
5. Clap clap!  Everyone loves the buzz that's created.  Do the kicks and repeat the steps.

Those who do the dance exceptionally well on bach shows get invited to DWTS.  The also-rans get invited to bachpeople reunions.

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:41 pm

Belle -- You have once again hit the nail right on its head.  Indeed Applause

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Buckeye Belle wrote:I have a feeling the cast and producers are doing a well-orchestrated tango.

1. The cast member knows the producers are going to edit his tape footage to show him in an unfavorable light.
2. The producers edit the cast member's tape footage to show him in an unfavorable light.
3. The producers know the cast member is going to complain about the editing to anyone who will listen--especially the entertainment media.
4. The cast member complains about the editing to anyone who will listen--particularly to the entertainment media.
5. Clap clap!  Everyone loves the buzz that's created.  Do the kicks and repeat the steps.

Those who do the dance exceptionally well on bach shows get invited to DWTS.  The also-rans get invited to bachpeople reunions.
Belle! Thank you!  You have given me a whole new way of looking at this.

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Thank you, Newto and FillePensive (love that name)!

It's an unholy alliance, I tell you!  Twisted Evil

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Buckeye Belle wrote:Thank you, Newto and FillePensive (love that name)!

It's an unholy alliance, I tell you!  Twisted Evil
An unholy alliance indeed.  You used the the phrase "a well orchestrated tango".  Perfect reference.  Then I remembered that there is a dance instruction video that comes up when I type type in Bachchat in Google, to get to this site. The dance step is called the Bachata!  (origin Dominican Republic).  Maybe we should refer to this well orchestrated producer/contestant dance as the Bachata.  I'm off on a tangent.  Whee!

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:10 pm

FillePensive wrote:Maybe we should refer to this well orchestrated producer/contestant dance as the Bachata.  I'm off on a tangent.  Whee!
Or the Bach-at-ya

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by FillePensive Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:46 pm

Nice, Starz!  That could be a saying here, too.  For instance, the first person says, "Great writing!", and instead of a person replying "Right back at you!" the second person would say, "Right bach-at-ya!".

FillePensive

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 pm

FillePensive wrote:Nice, Starz!  That could be a saying here, too.  For instance, the first person says, "Great writing!", and instead of a person replying "Right back at you!" the second person would say, "Right bach-at-ya!".
I like it !!!!! Laughing

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top