Preseason Announcements/Articles

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Preseason Announcements/Articles - Page 3 Empty Re: Preseason Announcements/Articles

Post by Bach98133 Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:04 pm

singlyme wrote:Good to see you back, bach.
Thanks.  I am gradually waking up to the fact that the new season is almost upon us.  I wonder what is going to be new this time.  Is it just me or there does not seem to be enough pretty faces this season?  Maybe the whole thing is finally running out of steam.  Or is it that pretty girls do not want to date farmers?

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Preseason Announcements/Articles - Page 3 Empty Re: Preseason Announcements/Articles

Post by singlyme Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:47 am

I gave the girls above only a cursory look, bach.  Seems like the same ole mix to me.  It's Chris, himself, I never warmed up to.  Seems like many think he's "hot," but I don't find him attractive.  I kinda cringe when he smiles because his upper lip curls under and disappears.  Snidely Whiplash?  lol.

I'm only vaguely interested in watching him.  JP's season was riddled with confusion and I didn't like Andi at all.  This show may end up on my delete list this year.  I'll give him a chance to win me over.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 am

Has everyone moved on to other forums?????

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:50 pm

Not any different then it has been on this board for quite some time now.  Since the Bachelor doesn't premiere until Jan.5th I don't expect much happening on this board.  I do not even go on the ABC board to take a peek but I imagine it has a lot more activity on it as it always has.  I lost interest in the Survivor this season because I just didn't care for the contestants.  I watch the Amazing Race but don't think there are others on here that are interested in it so I haven't bothered to post anything on here about it.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:10 pm

I peeked over at the ABC board earlier today; not much going on over there either, although I only looked at the "Bachelor."  They seem to be really clamping down, and many posts are being deleted.

I don't watch Survivor or Amazing Race either.  Been watching 90-day Fiance, which is on cable, and it is more real than the Bachelor has been in a very long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:43 am

I agree with you singly in that looking at the "careers" and where they're from is just another been there, done that. People looking to come on this show to further themselves along. In my opinion there is no way a WWE diva-in-training, news producer in Washington, fashion designer from Los Angeles CA, cosmetics developer also from Los Angeles or executive assistant will want to settle into farm living with nothing around for miles. These are careers where you want to stay in the big city or at least close by. Even being a bartender, model and makeup artist at such a young age sound like maybe they could be in it for the fun or exposure. Do they really want to live the "Green Acres" life? 

As I said before, some idiot on Yahoo news already spoiled the ending for me but I'll try watching it anyway just to see how it plays out and to be able to discuss it with you gals.

SLA, I had started loosing interest in Survivor as well because the people this season were so weird, however I did watch the finale and I guess I'll go over to that spot and post my feelings about it.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:31 am

I seriously think the recycling is killing this show for me.  I came into Andi's season already having misgivings about her as a person.  It might be best for me to skip Chris and avoid seeing the personality of the girl they choose as the next 'Ette.  I'm curious because these people seem to be edited into someone they are not.  By skipping Chris, I could view the 'Ette with fresh eyes and no preconceived notions about her.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Not sure skipping Chris' season is the answer; the person they pick to be the next Bachelorette will undergo a "personality transformation" courtesy of TPTB before filming her season starts.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:37 pm

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:07 am

So...the show starts tonight.

I see on the ABC board that posts have been deleted when addressing Chris' past.  Someone wrote that his boozing is all over the Internet.  I was under the impression that behavior occurred when he was much younger.  Anyone know differently?  I didn't see any evidence of an alcohol problem on Andi's season.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:30 am

That was in Chris' s past and there are some on that board that just want to keep kicking a dead horse ~ one of the reasons I stay away from that board and have for several years now.  There was no evidence of a drinking problem on Andi's season and he questioned the gal that drank too much on the show tonight to Chris Harrison.   I don't see him keeping her longer than this rose ceremony if she continues with the drinking.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:06 am

I assumed he gave her a break because of his own past.  It had been a long night.  But I believe you're correct.  If it keeps up, he'll ditch her.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:41 am

They're beating a dead horse with the drinking stuff....things that happened ten years ago.  Who cares?  Supposedly the first group of girls sat around three hours before the next 15 arrived and it took eight hours to film the night of introductions.  I can see where someone who likes to drink could get smashed; and I'm sure the producers are hoping for at least one of the girls to get out of line to add drama.  I'm holding judgement on Tara for now because I really liked that she seemed to be one of the most authentic ones;  I liked that she showed up in clothes that were different than the usual gowns.  And I do think Chris did give her a break for the first night so we'll see if she really is this die-hard party girl or just an ole country gal.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:44 am

I hadn't heard anything about Chris' drinking past. That may explain why he gave her a pass on the drunkenness. Either that or he was asked to keep her for drama. We know how this goes.....
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 am

rkc1960 wrote:I hadn't heard anything about Chris' drinking past. That may explain why he gave her a pass on the drunkenness. Either that or he was asked to keep her for drama. We know how this goes.....
Chris was a small town party boy in his younger years and did some stupid stuff.  The media has jumped all over it and of course the ones that don't like him are constantly beating the dead horse.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:53 am

Well, I think most of us have done some drinking in our youth so I'll give him a pass on that. I think people that are using it against him need to look at the skeleton's in their own closet.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:53 am

SLA44 wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:Well, I'll still watch it because I like coming here and discussing it with you gals. I'll just try to look at it from another direction like you said, singly...look to see what I see between the two.

Btw, Do any of you watch The Taste? I don't usually watch cooking shows but this cooking competition keeps my attention. The second season started this week and even though the contestants are normally people that we don't know, I was surprised to see Renee Oteri from JP's season competing. She's so cute with her baby bump Congrats  
Yes I do watch The Taste and I too was surprised to see Renee on there and was also sorry to see her be the first one to be eliminated.   She looks happy though and that is what counts IMO.  Do you think we need a thread for The Taste?
Sorry SLA...I'm only just now seeing this....a month later! LOL

I have no problem with having a thread for The Taste. Does anyone else watch it but us? I find this show very entertaining for a cooking show and I actually learn some things here and there even though their fancy style of cooking since many are professional chefs is a bit over my head. lol
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top